Port D Alcudia Apartments

, Alcudia , Majorca , Balearic Islands , Spain , Europe

Excellent Fun

Reviewed Mon 31st of August 2009

"I have just returned from a week self catering with my 12 year old daughter, and on arrival it was the case I was the only english staying at Hotel. However Germans, Danish, Swedish were so friendly, all spoke excellent english which put me to shame.
excellent friendly staff, which made you have a great time and my daughter who is shy, didnt want to come home at end of the week.
I was worried it would be packed during summer holidays however it was just right. No fighting over sunbeds, No queues for drinks or food.
Rooms were very clean and a good size, I was staying in a studio. It was cleaned everyday apart from Sunday and Wednesday.
I would love to go again.
we stayed around pool during the day and went out for meals along beach area on night, I have never seen a more beautiful beach. Loads to do..."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

Would Definately Recommend

Reviewed Sat 24th of January 2009

"Went to this hotel at the end of june 2008 with a friend of mine, we were 17 and 19 and we had a brilliant time here, the staff were dead friendly, apartments were spacious, cool and very clean,relaxing by the pool was also lovely and the pool bar was very handy indeed, great location being only a few minute walk to the shops,gorgeous beach and the nightlife,would definately reccommend this hotel for young groups or couples!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of January 2009

Just returned from Port D'Alcudia apartm...

Reviewed Sun 17th of August 2008

"Just returned from Port D'Alcudia apartments. Went with my mum and my 7 year old son. Lots of Germans and Spaniards who didn't seem to like us being there. They were very rude giving us dirty looks and pushing past us. My son is very friendly and chatty but if he spoke to anyone, most people would just ignore him or give him a filthy look. Foreign children were nasty in the pool, hitting my son on the head or pushing him under the water because he wanted to play, while the parents sat and watched, so I had to keep moving him away. Even some English people were rude to us. There were some friendly people in the apartments however. We complained to our rep who said people were the same with him too. This was not just in the apartments but also around Alcudia too.

The room was not very clean on arrival, the maid had not cleaned under the beds before or during our stay. There were dirty dishes in the cupboard and the place was falling apart upstairs. Apparently it is due for refurbishment so they decided to leave it as it is for the time being. The kids club was not very good, there was no announcement to say it was open, and one girl was more interested in the Germans and Spanish children. Also poolside entertainment was poor it was water polo every afternoon and occasionally pistol shooting. The evening entertainment was quite good though and the food was ok.

Our room was right over the hotel disco, but we didn't mind that too much, as we knew it would not go on all night. We were disturbed by again the foreigners coming in all hours, dragging furniture around in the room above us and running up and down the coridoors.

Cheers is a great restaurant for families. The DJ is great with kids and has loads of energy. Children are welcome in most restaurants too, and the locals and English people working over there were lovely.

Good trips out are the Caves of Hams and San Salvador. Also the Pirates Adventure absolutely fantastic a must see for all the family.

I went to Majorca as a child and was looking forward to going back but was very dissapointed. Would not reccommend these apartments to anyone and would have to think twice before going back to Alcudia.

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

Just returned from a weeks stay at Port...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"Just returned from a weeks stay at Port D'alcudia. Went with my boyfriend, we're 17 & 19. Don't know why people don't recommend this hotel for young couples as we had a great time! Yes there are German families but absoloutely no problem atall. The pool area is lovely, always enough sun loungers for everyone. Not too busy around the pool which is very relaxing. There is also an indoor pool, sauna, jacuzzi and a gym. The apartments were very clean and spacious. We had a room which overlooked the back of the hotel, not much of a view but still nice balcony. Only ever heard noise on our last night which was a Friday and seemed to be the locals party night. Never ate in the resteraunt so can't comment on that. Although the snack bar at the pool was good, very friendly staff made such an effort. 24 hour reception aswel. There was entertainment everynight, magic show is worth a watch. Mainly ate out in Alcudia.. Strongly reccomend Roma Steak House and Pizzeria. A couple of Chineses which were pretty poor. Beach and main shops of Alcudia is a 2 minute walk to the right whilst Port Alcudia is about 10 mins to the left. Overall this was a great holiday and would definetely return and reccomend it to families of all ages and young couples. Great holiday!

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

Just come back from 7 nights at the Port...

Reviewed Sat 16th of September 2006

"Just come back from 7 nights at the Port D'Alcudia Apartments. My sis and I had a great stay here, once we got moved from our room at the front of the hotel (overlooking the Latino disco) to a room that overlooked the pool area. The pool side of the hotel is much quieter and better views than the front of the hotel. At the front you are looking straight onto the road and there's not much to see. There is a shop which is clearly shut and litter has been allowed to collect around the entrance. Not the prettiest of views for those at the front of the hotel.

We found our room to be very clean and the maid service very efficient. If you are on self catering there are only two hobs to cook with so you need to be creative! Other than that, our room was great and it had a large balcony which was lovely for sitting in the evening sun.

This hotel is frequented by a lot of German families with children - possibly because the hotel is very geared up to cater for children. But there are other nationalities here - don't get the impression that's it's just German's - it isn't. There is a toddler’s pool and lots of activities for the kids to do. There's a mini-disco for the kids every night and they love it. Most of the Germans are on the all inclusive deal so tend to stick around the hotel a lot to get the value out of it - you'll see them in the bar most nights. We did not have a problem with the German people at all. We had no problem getting a sun-lounger and no-one was rude to us - if anything, polite and friendly!

The pool area is one of the big plus points of this hotel as it's very attractive. The main pool bit is shallow at both ends and deeper in the middle so it's great for slightly older kids and adults. The toddler's pool is a great hit with the little kids. Sun-loungers on the beach cost about 3.50 Euro's so it's no wonder a lot of people stay around the pool where the loungers are free.

The hotel is in a central location being about 5 mins from the beach and a mere stone's throw from the main drag with all the shops and restaurants. We ate some excellent paella at a place called Dos Pins - straight out of the hotel as if you're going to the beach. The nearest supermarket (Eroski) for the self caterer's is about 5 mins walk away - turn left when you hit the main drag. I would recommend going there and not paying over the odds prices for the 'English' version of things. This was my first time in Mallorca and first ever package holiday so I was struck by how much English stuff there was to buy (food, confectionery, newspapers) and the prices of it! It's much cheaper to buy the Spanish versions of the same thing. I would also say to watch out for English bars/restaurants doing bad versions of Spanish food - particularly Spanish omelettes.

The hotel did provide evening entertainment but if you're in your late 20's / early 30's you might consider the entertainment a bit on the sedate side. The bar area is lovely though and the staff very friendly.

On our last night we ate in the hotel and for 14 Euro's it was eat as much as you want buffet. That particular night it was Spanish theme food and it was really delicious - I was very impressed with the quality of the food and the range of it.

All in all I had a great time at Port D'Alcudia Apartments and would recommend them to anyone - particularly families with young children."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of September 2006

A 2 weeks stay at this hotel was more th...

Reviewed Wed 16th of August 2006

"A 2 weeks stay at this hotel was more than we could take it is 70% German who are on the all inclusive option what a disaster. Entertainment, food, kids club, snack bar and pool all German catered for.

Great couple of bar/discos right facing hotel opened at 12 am and closed up at 6am the, noise was just to much. Mopeds, screaming Spaniards and loud music and all thrown in with the price of your holiday.

The area was run down and dirty. The entire experience was one never to be repeated
Spain has had its day.

If you do have the misfortune to stay at this hotel visit the foxes bar great food and service and they speak great English."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of August 2006

Really great holiday, Fun for all ages....

Reviewed Fri 23rd of June 2006

"Really great holiday, Fun for all ages.

The apartments were very roomy, clean with great views over looking the pool.
The pool was fantastic and the kids loved it, the bridge over the middle was a great hit with a small shallower pool for younger children.

The entertainment was great, had some great Spanish entertainment and bingo for us English!

The beach is a small walk away, with supermarket and restaurants right on the doorstep.
Truly was a fantastic holiday and hoping to book again to visit there very soon."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of June 2006

We have just returned from this hotel (6...

Reviewed Sun 14th of May 2006

"We have just returned from this hotel (6-13 May 06). The hotel is situated in a quite run down area with a few closed clubs and shops opposite the hotel.

The main restaurant area is eight streets to your right, the old port is the same distance away to your left when you leave the hotel, we found the old port to be cheaper for clothing and toys, the atmosphere was less like Blackpool more like Cornwall, the Chinese restaurants welcomed children, a very family friendly place. The beach is two streets away directly opposite the hotel, there is a very busy road between the hotel and the beach, I suggest walking to one of the automatic crossings along the road, a pile of flowers has been placed on the railings where someone was recently killed, Look Left First.

It is very windy on the beach, a small Childs windbreak is ideal, there are refreshment and toilet facilities every few hundred yards trips out on coach may appear cheap at around 17euros p p but watch out if it says Blanket tour, you have to sit through a 90min + sell of medical equipment before they take you to factories they have an arrangement with, it was the longest bus ride we have ever been on!

The hotel itself is old but well maintained with excellent facilities. Our room was a bit of a let down as there was no extractor fan above the cooker or in the bathroom also the guard rail on the balcony attracts children to climb it. Unfortunately this is where the good news ends.

We have a beautiful 18 month old granddaughter who is half cast, this hotel was full of predominantly German guests some of whom made it abundantly clear that she was not welcome to play with or be too close to their children by the pool or in the bar we have gone out of our way to make it clear to the hotel that we do not hold them responsible for the attitudes of a small number of their guests but we would not recommend this hotel to families with mixed race children."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

My family and I are going to this hotel...

Reviewed Sun 26th of March 2006

"My family and I are going to this hotel again this year. The last time we went was 2004 and before that 2000. It is a lovely clean, friendly and well run hotel. The staff are also very helpful and also friendly.

We found both day and evening entertainment very good. The hotel also offers a great family swimming pool. The beach is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel but you do need to cross a busy main road. There are plenty of shops and lots of places to eat and drink. We cant wait to go again this year."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of March 2006

Port D'Alcudia Apartments were lovely....

Reviewed Mon 31st of May 2004

"Port D'Alcudia Apartments were lovely. Spotlessly clean and the entertainment was brilliant and fun for all the family! I would recommend these apartments especially for families.

The pool area is lively during the daytime with plenty of music and games for adults and children alike. The food in the bar is really good and cheap too. The staff are very friendly and efficient. all in all a great holiday.

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

Hotels near Port D Alcudia Apartments

Stayed at Port D Alcudia Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Port D Alcudia Apartments

• JACQUIW383 by JACQUIW383

"My best Holiday so Far "

• JACQUIW383 by JACQUIW383

"Walking along the Beach "