just returned had great holiday could no...

Reviewed Sun 29th of June 2008

"just returned had great holiday could not fault it read reviews and was a bit worried about comments made from previous hoilday makers but really enjoyed ourselves.not for the young ones but having said this if my daughter was staying at the hotel i would be satisfied she would be safe, and also you can get taxis or bus to whereever u want to go i would differently go back there "

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

we have just returned from 2 weeks at ho...

Reviewed Sun 29th of June 2008

"we have just returned from 2 weeks at hotel more,it was great,met some lovely people,food is vey good,staff very friendly,it is about a 15 min walk to the old town which i love,and 40 min walk to alcudia town,which is very lively,and is only 5 euros back to hotel,there are some lovely walks round and about,but if you find walking difficult this may not be the hotel for you,as it is quite a way to the town,there are two bars near the hotel both good,the red rum pub looks out to sea,but get mozzy spray as they do tend to congregate round there,i didnt get bit,but other half did.There are plenty of sunbeds either round pool or on beach,these on beach belong to the other hotel,but we used them,the sea is lovely,their is also a garden area at back of hotel with sunbeds,or back of pool looking out to sea(my favorite spot).The maids come in every day,the hotel is spotless,they all work so hard.The bar is open till 1am,and there is entertainment on most nights,also a snack bar for lunch,or you can eat lunch at red rum,which is very reasonable,and cheaper than hotel,all in all we had a vey good time,and would go back again perhaps for a week,also there is a very good bar in the old town called bar jove,very friendly and cheap."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of June 2008

hotel more was fantastic, good food, bea...

Reviewed Wed 18th of June 2008

"hotel more was fantastic, good food, beach- beautiful little bay, relaxing and un crowded. You see thousands of fish, buy a cheap face mask and see under water, and a hand line ,get some bread and catch a fish or two, dont forget a disgorger. you may even see an octopus as we did. Go to the red rum pub and introduce your selves to Elaine and Jose. One of the best views you will ever see to be had from here. Walk to the old town in 15-20 mins. catch bus to port de alcudia and dont be afraid to catch a bus to porto pollensa or can picafort. rent a cycle from the hotel, enjoy the pool at this freindly little hotel. Head straight along the beach and keep going accross the cliffs or along the road and you will discover another little bay in about 15 mins , well worth it. We were a family of 2 adults middle aged 21 year old with 2 year old,2boys 18 and 13 a mixed age group and we all enjoyed it. We have been all over the world but this is one of the most beautiful little spots we have been to....."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of June 2008

NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN THERE IS NOTHING...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of April 2008

"NOT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN THERE IS NOTHING TO DO FOR THEM
We stayed at the More hotel for 7 days it is very quiet place to stay the hotel pool is very small there is nothing to do for little kids no even small playground so our child (7) get bored very fast unfortunately it was raining almost all the time the nearest shop is in Alcudia Town with is about 10 -15 min walk from the hotel get a taxi from Alcudia Town cost about 6 pounds also you can take there boat trip to the different parts of island hotel has standard rooms very clean cleaning service daily but we didn't expect nothing more buying cheap holidays if you are looking for very very quiet accommodation this place is perfect meals were ok but to be honest we expected more local food we had half board but the meals were only for English English breakfast every day anyway we've found very nice English pub in Alcudia Town for everyone who's going to the More Hotel enjoy and have nicer weather than we had :)"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of April 2008

Just returned from a fab, restful holida...

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2007

"Just returned from a fab, restful holiday staying at the Hotel More. Food was well above average compared to many hotels we have stayed in. Staff were very friendly.
The hotel is not particularly child friendly; however this suited us, being a middle aged couple travelling alone.

The swimming pool was cold but adequate, and you have the sea within a few feet which was great for snorkelling.

The hotel is located on the outskirts of the resort and therefore is quiet, however for 4-5 euro you could take a taxi into the centre of Alcudia, where the market was worth a visit.
The views were stunning and we will definitely return.

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2007

Don’t go! The hotel is horrible, the f...

Reviewed Sat 21st of July 2007

"Don’t go! The hotel is horrible, the food is disgusting. Everything about it is horrible.

We took our 6 year old. After being reassured there was things for him. There is absolutely nothing. A 20 minute walk turned into an hour and a half to the main resort.

I could go on and on but I will run out of room! The swimming pool is a puddle. We even bought a kids cd and asked the hotel to play it for the kids. They did for 20 mins and because no one was buying drink it got stopped! When you are sitting in bar they put everything off very ignorant.

There was a dog sitting watching you eating at the bar. As I said I could go on and on but hopefully I have said enough to stop families wasting their money."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

The hotel More is located in its own sma...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of July 2007

"The hotel More is located in its own small bay behind the old town of Alcudia and makes a great location for couples on holiday who wish to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

The food at the More was excellent and the staff very friendly. When you book ask for a room facing the sea - the views are like a postcard.

The old town of Alcudia is at a short walk from the hotel and is a typical Mallorca town, although there are still plenty of tourists in summer.

We have been going to this hotel for thirteen years and we still discover new things about Mallorca every time we go - the island is so interesting and beautiful.

This year we discovered more of the island with a new excursion company who only speak English on their buses, have a wide excursion programme, local knowledgeable guides and are still cheaper than Airtours! You can book the trips at the hotel reception.

We went this year to Valldemossa and had a delightful guided walk in the town with Michael, a very knowledgeable guide. We also went to Palma and the Caves of Drach and both tours were interesting and fun.

The best time to go to Mallorca is probably a few weeks before we did, as the weather was HOT HOT HOT at the end of June. This is great for beach lovers though as the More's private beach is in a gorgeous location.

For those who prefer a larger beach though, the resort of Alcudia is not too far away and that beach is very long and very white. The touristic centre of the resort of Alcudia is not somewhere we visit often because it's not really our style, but it's lively and busy and perfect for families.

The great thing about Alcudia is that there is something for everyone."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

If you visit this hotel request a sea vi...

Reviewed Sun 18th of February 2007

"If you visit this hotel request a sea view. Rooms basic and clean, large balcony.

Do not ask for a room at the top of the hotel or you risk being in a 'hut' on the roof.

Beds very uncomfortable if you have not experienced back problems I guarantee you will suffer a aching back by the end of the week.

Food adequate the hotel is officially a 2* not the tour operators 3*

Pool is across a road next to a sunbathing jetty area used by fisherman. Do not leave your children unattended as the sea off the jetty is rocky and deep and the rocks are slippery.

Beach is nice and was cleaned every day the beach is shared with the Hotel Panoramic.

An unmade road runs along the back of the beach to local houses and is used by the locals in their cars [again watch your children]

Quite a walk to Alcudia Old town, n.b. the Old town is not close to Alcudia beaches and holiday resort so transport is necessary [bus runs infrequently to Alcudia]

All told, if you are after a relaxing holiday and do not expect all the frills of a manufactured resort with kids clubs and entertainment, and you do not mind walking this is an ideal holiday for couples. Please upgrade the beds and I would return."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of February 2007

*The hotel more is not baby friendly* My...

Reviewed Sun 7th of January 2007

"*The hotel more is not baby friendly*
My husband and I took our nine month old baby boy on his first holiday to the hotel more.

On arrival, we were not surprised to find the hotel was in need of some much needed interior decoration. The reviews we read before traveling were spot on. It was old fashioned and uninviting.

Our bedroom was very small and considering we had a cot and a pram in there, we had no room for anything else. Due to having a cot in the room, the beds had to be pushed right up against the wardrobe to fit it in, so we had no storage.

I was not happy with the travel cot they provided, it was very old, wobbly and the mattress left about a four inch gap round the edge, which all parents will know is very dangerous. I complained the next morning but they said they didn't have any more cots or mattresses available.

I then took it to the rep and eventually I thought they had changed the mattress, what they had actually done was roll up lots of towels and stuffed them down the sides of the mattress. Anyway nothing was done about it.

Before traveling, I was assured that this hotel would cater for my little one but when it came to feeding him, there was nothing I could give him and the chefs were very grumpy when I asked them if they could mash some veg. They told me to go to the pharmacy and buy jars!

The restaurant staff were quite rude and were too busy to help. They did not even have a high chair for my baby, they offered us a booster seat with no straps. I was livid.

For us though the food was ok but very salty. The entertainment in the hotel wasn't up to much, mainly just karaoke. The only other place to go was the redrum pub about a five minute walk away but it was small and quiet.

The location of the hotel is not good, there is the 'old town' about a twenty minute walk away, which was quite nice, but that’s it. Anything else was definitely a taxi ride. The beach wasn't great, the pool is across the road which could be dangerous for kids crossing.

The only good thing about this holiday was our one day trip to marine/aqualand-superb!

So if you still fancy Majorca, definitely go it's well worth the money. I just wouldn't stay at this hotel. Luckily the weather was great, because that would have been the icing on the cake!

It is definitely a pensioners holiday, those who basically want to do literally nothing.

I was just glad we were only there for one week, will never go back. I am not exaggerating, please take on board what I said. Happy holidays."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

Good basic accomodation

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We booked the Hotel More through the Website 'Rates to Go'. When we arrived late in the evening the hotel had no record of the booking and we had to spend our first night on a sofa in the hotel lounge.

The following day the hotel staff checked us in although there was still no record of the booking. The hotel told me that it did not recieve a booking from the agent. The agent told me they sent the booking details to the hotel but it did not act on them. Who knows what actually happened but I will not be using Rates to Go again.

The hotel was very clean and in a pleasant location. Ideal for those looking for a quiet holiday. A good selection of bars and restaurants are availible in Puerto De Alcudia (5mins in taxi) or further afield in Puerto Pollensa (15mins in taxi). There is very little availible in close proximity to the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Good - Dont believe the myseries!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Whilst staying at the Hotel More last week we another couple said they'd been onto this site and almost cancelled their holiday after reading some of the reviews - they were glad they didnt and I would urge anyone feeling the same way not to!

The Hotel More is a lovely secluded hotel and a breath of fresh air from the hamonginous high rises and Theme pubs in the nightmare that is neighbouring Port o Alcudia. There is a small beach and and sunbathing area, the sea is clean and the pool is very good. The walk up to Old Alcudia is not a mountinous 5 mile hike, it takes about 15 minutes and takes you past some of the beautiful Villas that surround this area and make it much more authentically Spanish. Alcudia old town is beautiful, and a 1 Euro bus ride away is Port o Polencia, a quite luxurious resort with a air of the South of France about it.

The food at the Hotel More was consistantly excellent. The staff were very helpful and understanding about my nut allergy and I was able to eat all the meals provided.

Our room was bright and very clean, fair enough there was no complimentry soap and shampoo, but face it those things usually run out in two days and most people, like us, pack there own.

The only problem I had was with some of the other guests! It seems there are still some people in the world who think its perfectly acceptable to conduct an lowd conversation/arguement at 3am. Twice I had to tell different neighbours to keep quiet, and these people were in their 50's - definately old enough to know better! Perhaps if the Hotel had signs in the rooms asking guest to be considerate and keep the noise down after midnight that might state the bleedin obvious!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

Such a relief!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I (26 and 24yrs) booked with First Choice in August. We went off the FC website until someone at work mentioned this site. When I found the hotel on here I was mortified. I used a few other advisor sites and tried cancelling the holiday. I was so upset at what I was reading about the food being rubbish and it being in need of a make over. I tried to cancel the holiday and was told we would lose all the money - I'm so glad we didn't!

We arrived at the hotel at 4am, I was pleasantly suprised by the clean reception until we were greeted by the non english speaking receptionist. He like the other couple, took our passports and mumbled where the room was. I did ask about a saftey deposit box to which he answered tomorrow!

Rooms - On entering our room (122), I was chuffed! After reading all the bad reviews we actually had quite a spacious room. Okay it was two single beds but the hotel only has 4 double rooms so a twin was expected. The rooms have plenty of lights and mirrors for the girls and the bathroom was quite modern and clean with plenty of towels. On our first night we discovered the beds were very uncomfortable - very hard. I went to reception to ask for more pillows and Heather asked how many we wanted, which I thought was nice rather than the expected answer of you can only have 1 each. The new pillows were in our room within ten minutes. We found two blankets in the wardrobe in our room and folded them under the top sheet, it was a lot more comfier.

Maids - The maids came in every morning between 9-12 and changed the towels every day and the bedding every 2 days.

The Rep - On our first morning we expected some sort of welcome meeting. I enquired with the receptionist as to the whereabouts of the rep and she said he comes between 8.30 - 9.30 am so be warned if your not an early bird. She rang him (Craig) on his mobile as we had complained we knew nothing about the hotel/resort or the meal arrangements and the reply back was "tough they will have to wait until I come back at 7pm". I was not impressed. The receptionist showed us to the dining area and explained what would happen each day. When we finally met Craig at 8pm! he was quite vague. He said we should of been given a card on the transfer coach but to be honest the rep was asleep most of the time. Over our 7 day holiday we found Craig very unhelpful and quite arrogant. All he was interested was getting you to book trips. Not once did he turn up on time, he made a few appointments with us - one in particular told us to meet him at 8.30am which we did, we waited and waited to be told at 9.30 that he wasn't attending the hotel that morning he would be there at 7pm!

The Food - I was delighted with the food compared to the reviews on various sites. Breakfast had a wide range of cereals, variety of breads and fruit. The cooked breakfast alternated between one day bacon the next sausage and the same with eggs, one day scrambled teh next fried. There was always a fresh supply of beans, grilled tomatoes and boiled eggs.

Lunch - This comprised of a hot and cold buffet with a variety of breads and two choices of desserts. The food for example would be, sald and cold meat on the cold buffet followed by the hot which varied from spag bol, rice, paella, chicken nuggets, chips, jacket potato, fish cakes. The desserts varied between sponges, baked apple and trifle.

Dinner - This was the same again, hot and cold buffet with the hot buffet having more of an option of steak, pork chops or chicken breasts. The best dessert was a baked apple or the chefs coconut mouse, just like a bounty!

There was only two days we were a little disappointed. The chef seemed to have too much batter so for two meals he coated quite a lot in it, cauliflower, hake and potatoes etc things I'd never thought you could batter. Even the pudding had battered rice? The food was always fresh and hot and the chef always stood guard ready to change the trays.

The Staff - The maids came in everyday between 9am and 12. They changed the towels everyday and the bedding every other. They always spoke and were very pleasant. The bar staff were the same two, they were quiet and spoke good english. I do have to disagree with other reviews, when we were served we were always given a little plate with a receipt so we knew how much to pay. The resturaunt staff were always pleasant, they did jump on you as soon as you sat down and asked "drinks" but if you said no they were polite abot it.

The pool - This was the best for me. I love swimming and everyday did 50-100 widths. The pool was very quiet until 11am ish. There weren't any children running around as the few that were there were very well behaved. The pool and surrounding area was spotless! The views were beautiful as the pool looked over the sun terrace and onto the sea. You could see fish all around the rocks and quite often a lot of diners would take bread out and feed them. Sunbathing was fab! We did have to put our towels down before breakfast but we were really lucky with the weather ranging between 36-38 degrees.

Surroundings - This might let the place down for a lot of you. There are 3 buses a day to the old town and the port. We walked to the old town which took ten mins on a road with no pavements. We walked to the port but had to get a taxi back as it took an hour (not a good thing to do on our first night!) Taxis cost between 5-7 euros and 1 euros on the bus and it is worth it. The port is wonderful, lots of shops, bars and lovely places for food if your not full board. There are two bars but TB sports was the best. Staff were very friendly and all on first name terms. The supermarket is a small spar type shop but fairly cheap and is on a ten minute picturesque walk.

Overall I would go again beacuse it was a nice retreat. We've done Palma Nova and Magaluf and wanted somewhere to lounge around and swim. However, I would not go with First Choice ever again!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006