Hotel More

Paseo Tirant Lo Blanc 8 More vermey, 07400, Alcudia, Majorca Spain

Good basic accomodation

"We booked the Hotel More through the Website 'Rates to Go'. When we arrived late in the evening the hotel had no record of the booking and we had to spend our first night on a sofa in the hotel lounge.

The following day the hotel staff checked us in although there was still no record of the booking. The hotel told me that it did not recieve a booking from the agent. The agent told me they sent the booking details to the hotel but it did not act on them. Who knows what actually happened but I will not be using Rates to Go again.

The hotel was very clean and in a pleasant location. Ideal for those looking for a quiet holiday. A good selection of bars and restaurants are availible in Puerto De Alcudia (5mins in taxi) or further afield in Puerto Pollensa (15mins in taxi). There is very little availible in close proximity to the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of September 2006

Good - Dont believe the myseries!

Good

"Whilst staying at the Hotel More last week we another couple said they'd been onto this site and almost cancelled their holiday after reading some of the reviews - they were glad they didnt and I would urge anyone feeling the same way not to!

The Hotel More is a lovely secluded hotel and a breath of fresh air from the hamonginous high rises and Theme pubs in the nightmare that is neighbouring Port o Alcudia. There is a small beach and and sunbathing area, the sea is clean and the pool is very good. The walk up to Old Alcudia is not a mountinous 5 mile hike, it takes about 15 minutes and takes you past some of the beautiful Villas that surround this area and make it much more authentically Spanish. Alcudia old town is beautiful, and a 1 Euro bus ride away is Port o Polencia, a quite luxurious resort with a air of the South of France about it.

The food at the Hotel More was consistantly excellent. The staff were very helpful and understanding about my nut allergy and I was able to eat all the meals provided.

Our room was bright and very clean, fair enough there was no complimentry soap and shampoo, but face it those things usually run out in two days and most people, like us, pack there own.

The only problem I had was with some of the other guests! It seems there are still some people in the world who think its perfectly acceptable to conduct an lowd conversation/arguement at 3am. Twice I had to tell different neighbours to keep quiet, and these people were in their 50's - definately old enough to know better! Perhaps if the Hotel had signs in the rooms asking guest to be considerate and keep the noise down after midnight that might state the bleedin obvious!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of September 2006

clean and quiet

"21 sep 2006 just got back from staying 2 weeks at the hotel more.it is a very clean hotel maids do the rooms every day .the food is a buffet eat has much as you want and is excellent.the 2 ladies on reception are very good but night porter is thick as 2 short planks.watch the bar staff the more you drink the more it costs [thats why i think there call it that ]to hire a safe is 13euros a week air 3 euros a day but stand on the chair and push the button in it cost nowt then.there is one hotel near the panaramic there let you use there facilities .the hotel is good for [romantics elderly and a quiet get away] it is no good for kids or young ones.there two pubs near t/bs and the red rum t/bs being the best it also gets cold now on the night.recomend you go to the old town market on a sunday and tuesday 9 till 1 it is a 10 min walk away.to go to the new town and the port it costs 6 euros by taxi or 1.10 by public bus.would also recomend going to inca market on a thursday also 9 till1 go with no frills only 15 euros half price than your rep would recomend this hotel hope it helps"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Such a relief!

"My boyfriend and I (26 and 24yrs) booked with First Choice in August. We went off the FC website until someone at work mentioned this site. When I found the hotel on here I was mortified. I used a few other advisor sites and tried cancelling the holiday. I was so upset at what I was reading about the food being rubbish and it being in need of a make over. I tried to cancel the holiday and was told we would lose all the money - I'm so glad we didn't!

We arrived at the hotel at 4am, I was pleasantly suprised by the clean reception until we were greeted by the non english speaking receptionist. He like the other couple, took our passports and mumbled where the room was. I did ask about a saftey deposit box to which he answered tomorrow!

Rooms - On entering our room (122), I was chuffed! After reading all the bad reviews we actually had quite a spacious room. Okay it was two single beds but the hotel only has 4 double rooms so a twin was expected. The rooms have plenty of lights and mirrors for the girls and the bathroom was quite modern and clean with plenty of towels. On our first night we discovered the beds were very uncomfortable - very hard. I went to reception to ask for more pillows and Heather asked how many we wanted, which I thought was nice rather than the expected answer of you can only have 1 each. The new pillows were in our room within ten minutes. We found two blankets in the wardrobe in our room and folded them under the top sheet, it was a lot more comfier.

Maids - The maids came in every morning between 9-12 and changed the towels every day and the bedding every 2 days.

The Rep - On our first morning we expected some sort of welcome meeting. I enquired with the receptionist as to the whereabouts of the rep and she said he comes between 8.30 - 9.30 am so be warned if your not an early bird. She rang him (Craig) on his mobile as we had complained we knew nothing about the hotel/resort or the meal arrangements and the reply back was "tough they will have to wait until I come back at 7pm". I was not impressed. The receptionist showed us to the dining area and explained what would happen each day. When we finally met Craig at 8pm! he was quite vague. He said we should of been given a card on the transfer coach but to be honest the rep was asleep most of the time. Over our 7 day holiday we found Craig very unhelpful and quite arrogant. All he was interested was getting you to book trips. Not once did he turn up on time, he made a few appointments with us - one in particular told us to meet him at 8.30am which we did, we waited and waited to be told at 9.30 that he wasn't attending the hotel that morning he would be there at 7pm!

The Food - I was delighted with the food compared to the reviews on various sites. Breakfast had a wide range of cereals, variety of breads and fruit. The cooked breakfast alternated between one day bacon the next sausage and the same with eggs, one day scrambled teh next fried. There was always a fresh supply of beans, grilled tomatoes and boiled eggs.

Lunch - This comprised of a hot and cold buffet with a variety of breads and two choices of desserts. The food for example would be, sald and cold meat on the cold buffet followed by the hot which varied from spag bol, rice, paella, chicken nuggets, chips, jacket potato, fish cakes. The desserts varied between sponges, baked apple and trifle.

Dinner - This was the same again, hot and cold buffet with the hot buffet having more of an option of steak, pork chops or chicken breasts. The best dessert was a baked apple or the chefs coconut mouse, just like a bounty!

There was only two days we were a little disappointed. The chef seemed to have too much batter so for two meals he coated quite a lot in it, cauliflower, hake and potatoes etc things I'd never thought you could batter. Even the pudding had battered rice? The food was always fresh and hot and the chef always stood guard ready to change the trays.

The Staff - The maids came in everyday between 9am and 12. They changed the towels everyday and the bedding every other. They always spoke and were very pleasant. The bar staff were the same two, they were quiet and spoke good english. I do have to disagree with other reviews, when we were served we were always given a little plate with a receipt so we knew how much to pay. The resturaunt staff were always pleasant, they did jump on you as soon as you sat down and asked "drinks" but if you said no they were polite abot it.

The pool - This was the best for me. I love swimming and everyday did 50-100 widths. The pool was very quiet until 11am ish. There weren't any children running around as the few that were there were very well behaved. The pool and surrounding area was spotless! The views were beautiful as the pool looked over the sun terrace and onto the sea. You could see fish all around the rocks and quite often a lot of diners would take bread out and feed them. Sunbathing was fab! We did have to put our towels down before breakfast but we were really lucky with the weather ranging between 36-38 degrees.

Surroundings - This might let the place down for a lot of you. There are 3 buses a day to the old town and the port. We walked to the old town which took ten mins on a road with no pavements. We walked to the port but had to get a taxi back as it took an hour (not a good thing to do on our first night!) Taxis cost between 5-7 euros and 1 euros on the bus and it is worth it. The port is wonderful, lots of shops, bars and lovely places for food if your not full board. There are two bars but TB sports was the best. Staff were very friendly and all on first name terms. The supermarket is a small spar type shop but fairly cheap and is on a ten minute picturesque walk.

Overall I would go again beacuse it was a nice retreat. We've done Palma Nova and Magaluf and wanted somewhere to lounge around and swim. However, I would not go with First Choice ever again!"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Good if you want a quiet low key holiday

"When me and my boyfreind arrived at about 5am we were greeted by a male behind reception who could not speak much english, he asked for our passports and gave us our room card, he asked us to follow him he told us our room was lift 3 floor stair 1, we didn't reall y understand and he told us again. My boyfreind asked him if there were any local shops he didn't understand and said he didn't speak much english.

We found our room it was on the roof and was small and cramped 2 single beds were pushed together to make a double and the veiw from our balcony was terrible, there were water coolers that made noises and other units that could be seen.

We were not happy and we wanted to change hotels. we tried to get some sleep but couldn't and at 8.00 we went downstairs there was a woman who we asked if there was any local shops, she said there was a bar which is called tb's and a small shop up the road. She told us about the local buses which took you to the town.

Resturant - The food is served buffet style, on your first day you have to tell the staff your room number you are then allocated a table which is your table all holiday. Other guests told us that food is repeated weekly so if you stay for 2 weeks you will have the same menu. breakfast was nice plenty of cereal fruit, fruit juice, eggs beans toast and sausage or bacon.
Dinner and tea consisted of salad soup and the main meal which i felt wan't a proper meal, one day they served Cauliflour cheese, paiella, vegetable stew, burgers and onions.
The deserts were nice it was usually ice cream fruit, cake, mousse or jelly.

Staff- The staff were not the freindliest one man who worked behind the bar Manuel was lovely but the others would short change you or when you buy the same drink on a different occasion would cost 20cents dearer than the last time you brought it. They would also just hold out their hand instead of telling you how much your drinks cost.

Reception - The two ladies on the reception were lovely they spoke good english and would answer all of our questions that we had.

Rooms - the first room was terrible however we asked for a change of room and the second room was a lot better except the shower was hot or cold. The veiw was of the sea and pool. The maid would change our towels everyday and changed our bed linen twice. But sometimes we would go up to our room at 2 amd she was only just doing our room.
There was no t.v etc but you could hire air con for 3 euro a day, a fan for 13 euro a week, a t.v. for 45 euro a week, a fridge for the same price, etc.

Beach - The beach was o.k. and was shared with one other hotel as you walked further down the beach it got rocky, but you did have to be quick if you wanted a sun lounger as people were out at 7am putting towels on them.

Pool - The pool didn't look too bad but i never went in but there were usually lots of kids running around it.

Entertainment - The hotel di put some entertainment on a birdshow, 2 caberet shows, karaoke, a singer and one day they had ponys outside the hotel for the children.

Bus service - There was a bus number 6 that would come at 9.30 it cost 1.10 and would take you to the old town which had a few shops a market on a sunday and tuesday and was inside like a castle which you could walk up and walk around the top of the castle walls and there was a veiw od the town and sea. The same bus also took you to the Port which had plenty of shops, arcades, resturants, supermarkets and a lovely beach. i reccomend the highlanders pub and the Drunken duck(lively on a night) which are british pubs. The bus came back at 12.55 and would pick you up at the same spot it dropped you off at(outside an arcade) and takr you back to the hotel going past the old town first. the buses did come at other times but this was the time that we used to go to town as we went full board and we were back for dinner. One of the days we got a taxi which reception ordered and we went to bellevue town which has more shops bars and resturanta slso a kfc and burgerking. It cost about 7 euro in a taxi and dropped you by the taxi rank, which is where you got a taxi back.

Overall the hotel is basic and quiet but if you don't mind using taxis and buses then its o.k. The other hotel panarama i think is over the road and you are able to go and use their facilities if you want, which includes a kids club which hotel more doesn't have. There is a bar tb' sports bar which is good for a few drinks and they have sky t.v., there is also the red rum if you want a meal out, it says that it is british owned but it is spanish run, there is also a nother supermarket 5 mins away from there.
I would go back to this hotel but only on a bed and breakfast board however it wouldn't be the to pof my list.

Hope this reveiw helps."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

Quiet Holiday.. give it chance

Good

"Okay we booked this holiday fairly rate and didn't get it as cheap as some on here seem to have.. after reading some of the reviews on here we were a bit worried but ended up having a great holiday.
Some people expect the earth when they go away, and I can't remember the brochure saying it was like Butlins by the Med. The entertainment is typical holiday hotel fayre.. flamenco dancers and Spanish pub singers, you won't get the cast of Moulin Rouge or Peter Kay Live at any 3 star hotel I'm afraid. You could always entertain yourself?
It is well out of Alcudia but the old town, which is beautiful, is a ten minute walk (we timed it).. we are both in our very early 40s. It would be too hot for much older people I suspect. There are only two bars in the resort (TBs Sports Bar which is decent enough and the much nicer Red Rum around the corner). Port Alcudia, which is a bit further away, is a 5 Euro taxi ride away thats all. A great place, enough nice bars and restaurants and a fantastic beach. Ideal holiday for couples with young children and older couples. Our son is 15 and was a bit bored to be honest, but thats his job! There doesn't appear to be any clubs so yobs seem very scarce to say the least.
The hotel itself reminds me of the hotels we stopped in as nippers in the 70s BUT despite its dated appearance, it is run in a friendly manner we found and is cleaned and tidyed by a swarm of cleaners on a daily basis. If people didn't drop litter it would be spotless.. usual story really. Its 5 seconds from the sea, a decent private pool and sunbeds on the jetty. The beach is very small and rocky. The sea is crystal clear and alive with fish. I sat for an hour one morning watching three birds (flying kind) swimming around under water hunting shoals of fish.. now thats entertainment for free!
I'm not a big fan of buffet style catering at the best of times, but to be fair the food, though basic and a bit unadventurous, was freshly cooked and provided. The staff were really nice if you take the time to be friendly yourself.. its not hard. Try some of the excellent restaurants in old Alcudia, they're top notch.
Our room (125) was on the first floor, quite small but somewhere clean and cool to lay your head. The view was outstanding but I can imagine rooms at the rear don't have such good outlook really.. we got lucky I suppose. Bathroom was small but clean and had the hottest water ever.
Overall.. if you pay a couple of hundred quid and expect the Hilton Hotel, Vegas style entertainment and Monkey Slaves to see to your every whim, then you'll be disappointed. Similarly if you're a young couple looking to live it up and burn the candle at both ends, forget it. But, if you're a normal couple, able to look after your own holiday entertainment and prepared to speak to people like fellow human beings.. you'll have a decent hols. Promise."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Clean with good food

"My wife and six year old Daughter and I stayed at the More Hotel for two weeks in August 2006.
We found the food to be good with a varied choice,there is a good mix of local Mallorcan and British cuisine. So please don't expect chips with every meal!
Most nights there is entertainment laid on in the hotel with a start time of 10pm, not Las Vegas but ok if you have nothing else planned.

A short walk away will find you at either the Golfi Tavern or the Red Rum pub, which has a lovely view.
The old town of Alcudia is really worth the 10 or 15 minute walk., a medieval walled city with a open market steeets and small squares. At night the small cafes and bars come alive and are quite reasonably priced for food and drink.

The beach near the hotel shared with an adjacent hotel is not very nice, quite rocky in parts and full of Germans. We found a lovely beach about 20 minutes walk in the same direction, called Sant Pere. Well worth the walk with a small shack selling snacks, ices, beers etc, you can stay the full day there.

A trip into Port Alcudia is best made by air conditioned taxi only 5 Euros. The local bus services are also available stops outside the hotel 0935 hours and costs 1.10 Euros into Alcudia and then a change of bus gets you into Port Alcuida for the same price.

A good tip from a previous member was to bypass the airconditioning control (you have to pay 3 euros per day) use a coin to depress a grey button marked "manual".

The hotel has no tea or coffee making facilities, iron or ironing board are available only on hire so if you have the travel versions it might be an idea to take them.

In short good for older couples and parents with young families, quiet, remote, clean with good food."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Good

"I feel that some of the previous reviews do seem to be a little harsh on the hotel. I mean compared to hotels that i have visited in teh past it is a bit small and shabby but for the money paid it is extremely good when you think about it. The hotel is literally 5 metres from its own beach but it is a little small and not as attractive as those near the port. The rooms are very very basic and don't have televisions or much furniture. The balcony that i had was overlooking the shabby garden at the back which i never throughout my 2 week stay seen anyone in. The food at the hotel was varied. Some days there was nothing that i liked at all and there isn't much to choose from with about 10 dishes of selected salds then about 4 or 5 containers of spinach soup, chicken caseroul etc... But then some days there was very nice food such as pizza, chips and steak! The deserts were always very nice especially the white milk ice-cream! The hotel tries to charge 3 euros a day for the air-conditioning but if u are tall enough to reach the greay button on the air conditioning box then you can get away without paying. The pool area is usually quiet and is a level up with surrounded glass which is perfect for topping up that tan. There is a seating area in the hotel where there is a huge televsion but this usually gets very packed with soap addicts so if u want to watch it be there early! There is also a table-tennis table outside with more seating areas. The hotel does have entertainment about 4 times a week, but it is very poor the best show being the bird show! The entertainment never changes and is the same each day with some days there being nothing at all to watch. The bar also charges very high for drinks and chocolates etc... but if you walk round teh corner to the golfi tavern which is a very good pub with decent entertainment and very nice staff... there is a can machine which sells cans at 1:20 instead of 2:25 charged at the bar. There is also another english run pub about 600 metres further down the road if you carry on accross the beach side it is just on your left, this pub is called the red rum and is a more manly pub with the televsion dedicated to sport and football flags ect around. There isn;t really much else to say as hotel more is in the middle of nowhere about a 6 euro cab ride away from any decent shops or bigger pubs. For those of you that like water parks i would highly reccomend going to the western water park in magaluf, there is leaflets in the golfi tavern about various excursions that will be much cheaper than what your rep will be charging! Overall a very average holiday, great value for money but has nothing on lanzarotte bay or palma bay hotels... i would always reccomend all inclusive as the prices go up and up every year. I wouldn't really reccomend this hotel but if you have already booked there isn't that much to worry about i just don;t think you will book here again!

Alcudia itself is a very nice place and the port is very attractive with loads of shops aswell. I would reccomend for a very good holiday a hotel around the port area ( all-inclusive)

I hope my review has helped, thanks for reading
Mark Ward"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of August 2006

Need to know Information

Good

"Having seen the mixed reviews I was a little apprehensive on booking, however, the price was unbeatable, especially for a family of four, staying for two weeks on full board in July/August 2006.

The Hotel.
The hotel is quite basic, though is generally clean and presentable. Note.... to use the swimming pool you have to cross the road, so beware when taking kids...! The beach is lovely, its shared by just one other hotel so not busy at all.
Its a 10 minute walk to Old Town which is lovely, or just 1.10euros on the bus which only leaves at 0930hrs and thats it! Air conditioning is an additional cost, 3 euros per day!!! A safe was 28 euros for two weeks.
Most night have an act on. Though nothing is organised for the kids.

Restaurant.
The food was very good, everybody seemed to enjoy it, and its eat as much as you want. The chefs come out and chat to you and are proud of their cooking. Though beware when ordering drinks. Half a litre of water is 1.65euros, in the supermarket you get 5 litres for 1.60euros! So your costs can mount up purely for the want of water!

The Bar.
As expected for a hotel, overpriced and some of the staff can be a little awkward. I believe a course in customer care would not hurt! Though some were nice.

However, all in all we enjoyed our holiday and would go again if we were going to the North East region."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of August 2006

A beautiful, quiet resort

"£249 each full board - 1 week.
I went to the Hotel More just outside Alcudia Old Town in June this year with my niece. I am nearing 50 and my niece is 30. My niece is disabled so we needed to make sure that we were in a hotel close to the beach etc. I emailed the hotel prior to our visit and requested a low room with a sea view - we had a lovely view of the bay and we were on the first floor. Some friends had told me that they had seen the hotel a few years ago and that it was very old fashioned with "candlewick bedspreads" (not that there is anything wrong with candlewick bedspreads!). I went with the opinion that, provided it was clean and comfortable, I did not mind if it was a little shabby. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and were given our room (No. 123) It was a beautiful room - a little on the small side - but adequate and very tastefully decorated. This was obviously one of the refurbished rooms (I'm not sure how many have been refurbished but I would imagine a considerable number have). I understand that, by next year, they should have TV's in each room (if that's what you want on holiday). All rooms have air conditioning.
We were allocated a table in the dining room and that was our table for the duration of our stay. We noticed that some people were having to share and (to be honest) we were a little glad that we had our own table - although we chatted with everyone around us whilst eating. The staff in the restaurant do seem a little aloof but I think it is merely a language problem. We found the dining room itself to be charming and the food was very good for the price we paid.
We didn't do very much on holiday - we could not wander round due to my niece's disability - however, we went around the corner to a lovely little rooftop bar (just opposite Panoramic Hotel main entrance) run by an English couple, and it was great fun (we played bingo there and won 65 euros worth of booze on our last night !!!).
It's a big world out there with lots to see and I would rarely visit the same place twice. However, for a quick getaway (2hrs 15mins from Leeds/Bradford Airport) it is ideal, and I will certainly be going back there."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of August 2006

Hotel more

"We have just returned from our second trip to hotel more. It was still as good as I was last year. Hotel is spotlessly clean. Great views, staff very friendly and helpful. Yes, you do clear your table after your meal, but you do that at home anyway. At the pool you are waited on at all times, pool is very relaxing and enjoyable with a great atmosphere. Sitting on your balcony in the evening with a drink is very romantic. Food is lovely, good selection and caters for all. Would highly recommend to families and couples. Can't wait for next visit. "

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2015

ENJOYED IT JUST AS MUCH As BEFORE

"This was my 6th time at the more hotel and it was brilliant as usual. Most relaxing holiday ever. I missed Miguel who retired last year after 43 years service but Manuel more than made up for him with his sense of humor and great wit. Rest of the staff were brilliant as usual. Will be back next year all being well. "

• Travel date: Mon 13th of October 2014

Hotels near Hotel More

Stayed at Hotel More? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel More

• Warner by Warner

"Red Rum restaurant and the Golfi Tavern. "

• philly 48,2009 by philly 48,2009

"nice resort would go again,,maybe just me and the wife next time "

• philly 48,2009 by philly 48,2009

"hotel,, and the port resturants ,so cheap "

• Janers by Janers

"Book it if you like quiet holidays "

• cha23 by cha23

"half board is a good option "

• salicional by salicional

"Explore and enjoy the local scenery and the beautiful garden at the rear of the hotel "

• WILLIE MAC by WILLIE MAC

"JUST CHILL OUT AND ENJOY "

Hotel More is also called