Good Hotel, Great Surroundings

Reviewed Thu 15th of July 2010

"Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel from the 04/07/2010 for 1 week, the hotel was clean and presentable, the rooms were small but comfortable and the bathroom reasonable size. We went half board so we had breakfast and dinner at the hotel which was always pretty good plenty of selection although sometimes a bit repetitive. The hotel has its own private beach with watersports and a beach bar you can get lunch at, the beach and setting is beautiful although it is quite small, me and my partner had a car and visted lots of other bigger beaches all over the island but were more than happy with the one on our doorstep. The staff were friedly on reception and in the restaurant, the hotel is situated between Santa Eulalia and Es Canar both which have beaches and lots of bars and restaurants, neither are walking distance you would need to taxi or take a car if hired, we both like Ibiza Town so we taxid there a few times and it does end up being quite expensive as a about 22 miles away about 40 euros.
The hotel is ideal if you have small children as have activities with kids club and evening entertainment mainly for them."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of July 2010

Sol S'Argamassa - the system works !

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Booked this hotel having read reviews on this forum site - cancelled a previous booking in Turkey having also read reviews on this site - it's great that this forum system works. I (hope) I am not an internet geek and would'nt normally bother writing this if the forum had'nt had such an influence on our holiday this year and made such a difference to where we ended up !
I am reasonably fussy, my father having been a hotel manager and am particularly critical of food and cooking believing that standards ussually fall well below expectations.
I am delighted to say that the Sol S'Argamassa was a pleasant surprise and very much as per other recommendations on this forum.
Location - slightly remote but of no consequence if you have a car and also given the size of Ibiza - it's tiny - it takes 30 minutes to go from one side to the other . The hotel is on it's own small beach and overlooks a bay - I would recommend paying a little extra and having a seaview room - it makes a big difference to every day, waking up and looking out of the balcony on to such a nice seaside view.
If you have kids (we had two 12 year olds) there is plenty for them to do - when not in the pool they can snorkel in the crytal clear water a few yeards away (or fish) and/or depending on your wallet do lots of watersports - also just next to the hotel, including : watersking, Donut, Banana, jet ski, paragliding etc.
Building - would'nt win any design awards but it is'nt massive and oppresive like some, it's pretty modern and obviously well maintained - very clean and everything works
Rooms - Clean and cleaned perfectly every day - full marks - everything including shower, tv, aircon and safe works as they should do.
Entertainment - laid on every night - not our cup of tea but they try hard and a couple of events such as the 'Chill Out' night were really well and professionally organised and actually good fun - plus of course it is yet more things to keep the kids occupied.

Staff - Without exception, extremely helpful and friendly and always happy and smiling - I don't normally leave tips for hotel staff but I did on this occasion - friendly happy staff make a big difference to the overall experience. The hotel management is not small minded either, they have good facilities for showewring and changing etc if you leave after you have checked out and went out of their way to extend my room a little longer - we were even told that we would not be charged for an extra evening meal if we decided to spend the eveining prior to out flight at the hotel.
Food - Well its a buffet so I would'nt expect cordon bleu also no matter how hard they may try, when you are eating breakfast and supper in the same restaurant 7 days in a row, it does become a little bit repetitive - however - there was a fantastic selection of good food which chaged every day and a good variation every night, there were chefs cooking fish and meet and pasta freshly to order for people who wanted that, they also have a proper Pizza oven if you like Pizza - you can eat yourself into oblivion if you want - there is no limit on how many helpings you have ! The fresh fish on one night was sea bass - not a cheap fish, and meat included sirloin steak etc - it appears they make a genuine attempt to offer 4 Star food not just to try to fob you off with cheap cuts or yesterdays left overs - so full marks on the catering front.

Perhaps one of the main reasons why the food is good is that 80% of the guests were Spanish although more Brits arrived just before we left - Spanish people like their food and their cooking and will not accept the sort of rubbish that the average Brit seems happy to put up with ! It also mean't that many of the dishes were local specialities - not the usual burger and chips.

If you like wearing a football shirt 7 days a week and have recently had England tatooed across the back of you neck then Es Cana is the place for you - it's 5 minutes drive away and full of places serving English beer, Chips with everything, English breakfasts and non-stop Sports TV with a daily selection of live matches - we went there twice, once to catch the boast to Ibiza Town and the seciond time to visit the weekly Hippy market.

I would strongly recommend you hire a car, even though you won't do much mileage it means you can explore the Island - there are literally hundreds of small beaches on every coast each with it's own distinct features - I have attached a few pics - each has it's own collection of bars, restaurants, sunbeds, umbrellas etc .

All in All I would definately recommend this hotel - it may not be the cheapest option but it is worth every penny of the extra and I'm glad I read the reviews - hence my own.

If we were to re-visit Ibiza again, we'd definately book this one again."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Respite for the Weary

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"After leaving Pamplona, this hotel provided the peace and quiet we were looking for. With subtle and in the background programs for kids, we enjoyed this hotel because it was isolated but minutes from the action. The morning breakfast buffet was more than adequate, and pool and grounds maintained well. Our room was clean, quiet, and above average for a resort like Ibiza. The beach towel exchange was welcome, and the staff more than polite and helpful. We would certainly stay here again.
Remember, this is not Ibiza Town or San Antonio, and not for those looking for a roaming party. This was more akin to a quiet night in Virgin Gorda or a small Carribean resort."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2007

Fantastic Holiday

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Lovely hotel if you want peace and quiet.

Food was good - cold and hot food, chef to grill fresh meat and fish in the evening and cook fresh omelettes for breakfast. Plenty of choice, italian section, lots of salads. Food does get a little samey after two weeks but I personally always find this on holiday where ever I go.

Hotel is a lovely location right on the beach with fantastic views to beach and hills beyond. Beach by hotel is not the best but Cala Martina is a short walk to the left of the hotel and Cala Pada, the best beach is a short ten minute walk along the 'cliff'' to the right of the hotel. Cala Pada is very pretty beach, no big hotels looming in the background. We also found this a good place to go for an evening drink.

Mixture of nationalities in the hotel.

Entertainment was the usual but their enthusiasm was to be admired. We enjoyed 'Chill out' night the best as more up our street.

All in all we all really enjoyed our stay at Sol S'argammassa. Perfect place to just chill out by pool or beach. Can imagine good base to be if you wanted to explore more of Ibiza.

Ibiza is lovely island with a lot more to offer than just the party scene. Island has a lovely laid back atmosphere and has managed to maintain some of it's spanish charm.

If you want blackpool and lots of partying don't go here!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

Quiet, Peaceful, ideal for a beach holiday.

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Quiet, peaceful and exactly what we were looking for. The hotel is located on a headland between Es Cana and Santa Eulalia on the beautiful island of Ibiza. The hotel itself is a pretty non-descript 1980’s concrete block, however it is clean and tidy, and the staff are friendly and helpful, could not be faulted. The rooms were cleaned each day and we pre-booked sea view room overlooking the pool.

The food in the restaurant is a typical international buffet with fresh cooked fish and meat available. The food isn’t fantastic but perfectly adequate.

If you want a bacon sandwich and a pint of Boddingtons, then Es Cana is only 15 minutes walk away and you will have all the English bars you will ever need. Have an evening in Ibiza town; Friday and Saturday are superb, go to the old town.

There are very few bars local to the hotel and the only one I would recommend is Paco’s bar.

A word of warning! The hotel location is superb with a very quiet beach in front of the hotel. Sadly this attracts the local thieves and unfortunately we had a bag stolen from under our nose, literally! And we were not alone 3 couples were robbed on the same day. So please, use the beach, but please be careful."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

In a word Perfect!!

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"Returned a week ago from the Sol S'Argamassa and already wanting to go back! An imaculate hotel with all that we wanted, staff incredibly friendly and seem to get to know each guest individualy and cannot forget to mention Mr Fred Flintstone! Who although is meant to be for the children certainly had us in fits! Hats off to Roberto and Patricia they really worked so hard!
We had a fabulous room on the top floor looking out to see which was cleaned everyday and could not fault. Food in the restaurant was plentiful and various and if you fancy a change there are plenty of local bars and restaurants within walking distance. Es Cana is a 15 minute walk but really was not our cup of tea as a little cheap and cheerful and Santa Eulalia is about 3 miles away we did walk in a few times and got a taxi back this is set around a marina and really was a lovely resort. A Taxi back was about £4.00 and when we go back again we would get a taxi in for the evening.
All in all fab time and as a moany Travel Agent I would more than recommend!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

The Quiet Side of Ibiza

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"My two best friends and I wanted a quiet girls break and stayed at this very nice, very friendly hotel. The staff, food, entertainment team, surroundings, comfort etc were all excellent. Next to the hotel, if you follow a little path for about two minutes you come to an excellent beach with sunbeds and umbrellas and the charge is only 3 euros. My only reservation is that it is not on a bus route (may be different in peak season) so taxis are a must if you want to get about. The restaurant on the beach is just superb! The food is excellent and ranges from sandwiches to full meals. It is owned and run by local ibizans and specialises in fish dishes, all caught fresh that day. We had three excellent lunches with a 1.5litre jug of lovely Sangria for about £10.00. You must book on Sunday as the place is full with locals enjoying lunch with their families. The weather was excellent, not too hot but it can get very windy in the afternoons. The hotel is ideally located for the hippy market on Wednesdays (well worth a visit) and is about 15 minutes walk or a very cheap £5 taxi ride back. Take the boat to Santa Eulalia or Ibiza Town - again excellent value for money."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Great hotel, great location

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"The Sol S'Argamassa is a lovely hotel, in a beautiful location on the coast between Es Cana and Santa Eulalia - and within walking distance of the beach at Cala Pada, which seems to be a very well kept secret - although there's a regular boat service from there to Santa Eulalia. We paid a tad extra at the hotel for a sea view and it was well worth it. Ideal for anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday, and for anyone who likes a bit of walking - beautiful coastal walks in both directions. We hired a car as well so we were able to drive around but if you're fit and like walking it's not really a necessity. The hotel staff were without exception helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and very comfortable; there is a fridge to keep cold drinks in but we took a travel kettle because there are no facilities for making tea/coffee in the rooms. Other than that we had everything we needed and got the impression that the staff would help if we needed anything extra. There was entertainment each evening - not our cup of tea and usually not in English but those who chose to go seemed to be having a good time! The noise usually stopped at about 11.30pm so was not a problem for us; anyone with children or who likes an early quiet night might want to ask for a room away from the bar/pool where the entertainment takes place. We booked flights and hotel separately so had no travel rep; but the staff were approachable and although they did not all speak fluent english (still better than our spanish though) I believe they would have helped us with any information we needed - on the other hand, there was no hassle from anyone and we had a very relaxing time. Highly recommended - we will be going back again, alas not soon enough!"

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Incredibly relaxing

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We stayed for one week in October 2006. We were looking for a relaxing week in good quality accommodation and hoped for some good weather. We were extremely lucky on all three counts. The S'Argamassa is in a beautiful spot, right on the beach in a little bay between Santa Eulalia and Es Cana. It is an easy walk to Es Cana via the coastal path and across a beach onto a road that takes you past the famous Hippy Market. You can walk in the opposite direction to Santa Eulalia but this is not for the faint hearted and takes over an hour. However, it is really worth the effort (as long as you have no mobility problems) and you can always get a taxi back (8 euros). Another good tip is to walk into Es Cana and get the ferry to Santa Eulalia.

Back to the hotel. The reception is impressive with shiny marble floors and very helpful staff. The restaurant is excellent with good food and reasonably priced drinks. We never had a bad meal and as it is buffet style you can avoid the things you might not like. The rooms were pristine. Beautifully furnished with small fridge and lovely bathrooms (good, powerful shower over bath, hairdryer and complimentary toiletries). All the public areas were spotlessly clean. The hotel is set in lovely grounds, leading down to the small beach and you can place your lounger either beside the pool or on the grassed area facing out to sea. We were surprised at the weather - 70 degrees in October. Because of its location you would have to take a taxi to venture out after dark but we were happy enough to stay around the hotel because the entertainment was good and we met some really nice people to hang around with.

In the high season there is a kid's club and because the hotel is right on the beach this would be an ideal location for families with young children who like the pool and beach and are not looking for bars and clubs. In October it was perfect for people like us looking for a relaxing break in a good quality hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of February 2007

relaxing S'argamassa

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"the Hotel S;argamassa is set in a beautiful and very quiet location with fantastic views of the coast. A mixture of many nations holiday in this Hotel. There are wonderul coastal walks during the day(a bit scarey in places), unfortunately there isn't anywhere to walk in the evening appart from a road that leads to the main road. A taxi will cost 7eurost each way to Es Cana, a very "BRIT" resort(nice by day but tacky at night, English roast beef/ fish n chip pub grub, karaeoke,bingo,etc). To the otherside of S'argamassa is Santa Eulalia(8 euros by taxi each way), a lovely resort which boasts a beautiful marina. Lovely resaurants, a handful of good shops and the usual tourist tat., worth a visit by day and/or night.

The Hotael S'argamassa is pristine. Wonderful staff. It has an outside dinning terrace which is wonderful to watch the sunset.
The majority of the Hotel evening entertainment was of a very high standard. I was a bit concerned on arrival that I might get bored but I didn't.
I would reccomend this Hotel if you are looking for a very relaxing holiday .
A trip to Ibiza old town is a must. I also did a sunset cruise which was lovely.
Happy Holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

ibiza is great

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"we stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks May/June. The holiday is lovely, wonderful views of the bay. Staff were very nice and the hotel was spotless.
Just 2 minor things there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which I thought was unusual for a 4* and also no umbrella's around the pool areas, we did ask but were told there were none. This wasn't a problem for us as the hotel wasn't busy and we found shade in the lovely gardens, however I can envisage this being a problem in the high season.

The area around the hotel is very quiet, which suited us not sure if children over 10 would have enough to do. However you can get a taxi or boat to Santa Eularia or walk to Es Cana. Santa Eularia is great, didn't think much of Es Cana - to British Seaside. However the Hippy Market is good.

In the evening we went to a couple of bars the best being the Snooty Fox (turn left at the Blue Club) run by Martin and Tina, lovely couple very friendly, very knowllegable about the area. The best Sangria I've every had. If i'd spoken to them before booking a trip with the Rep I'd have found out how easy it is to get around by boat or bus.
All in all a great holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006

My husband and I visited the Sol S'Argam...

Reviewed Thu 2nd of March 2006

"My husband and I visited the Sol S'Argamassa at the end of June last year.

The Hotel is situated between Es Cana and Santa Eulalia. It is a good standard Sol hotel, clean and attractive but not what I would define as luxurious. We would definitely recommend car hire as it would be a hike to these nearest resorts and would end up costing a fortune in cabs otherwise. But as we wanted to be a little way out and had hired a car, it was an ideal base for us.

We had a twin bedded room with balcony overlooking the pool which was clean and attractively decorated. Unfortunately, it was right next to the maids station so every morning we were awoken by their chatter and the banging of the door as they came back and forth.

The food was pleasant although repetitive every night but as we wanted to eat out in different places sometimes it did not really bother us. The restaurant has seating outdoors as well as indoors which was nice, and was the self-service buffet kind, although drinks were served at your table.

There are two pools, one in front of the hotel and one behind. We found the pool behind very busy so would use the one in front.

The beach wasn't great but as there are so many in Ibiza we just got in the car and went off for the day.

The staff were polite but not overly friendly which was a shame as it would have left a better impression and the guests were predominantly Spanish in the week that we stayed.

There were a lot of children there and there was nightly entertainment but we were actually out every night so can't comment on what it was like.

The bar in the hotel closed about midnight but there is a small bar next door that stays open later just off the beach which, although not much to look at, was very friendly and we had a few fun late night drinks there.

In all I would recommend the hotel as a good base if you have transport and intend to get out and explore Ibiza, as we did, but otherwise it could feel quite isolated.

The holiday itself was brilliant, there is something for everyone in Ibiza. We loved Ibiza town and Santa Eulalia. We found some really pretty secluded beaches and are going back this year.

This time we are staying just up the road at the S'Argamassa Palace which we believe is a little more luxurious."

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of March 2006

Hotels near ME Ibiza

Top traveller tips for ME Ibiza

• Kat by Kat

"Great for couples with small children. "

ME Ibiza is also called