Recreation

Good

Fantastic Hotel with wonderfully friendly staff

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"I don't normally write reviews, but felt I had to in this case as there seem to have been a number of negative reviews of this Hotel, particularly in relation to the service, which were simply not true in our experience. My wife and I stayed at this Hotel for 4 days in July with two teenage girls. Firstly, it is a designer Hotel, so if unusually shaped sinks or complicated electronic light switches are beyond you, go somewhere else. If, however, you want stylish contemporary rooms and a relaxing ambience, you won't be disappointed here. True, the glass walled bathrooms take a little getting used to but won't be a problem for most! The staff at the Hotel were wonderfully friendly and service was impeccable (we didn't take dinner at the Hotel so can't comment on that) but the breakfast was amongst one of the best we've had (as long as you're not expecting an English fry up) with lots of fresh fruit, different breads, cold meats, eggs etc and the breakfast staff couldn't do enough for you. The reception staff, also much criticised by others, were totally helpful, organising taxis, making restaurant suggestions etc and doing so in a smiling friendly way. Maybe it depends how you treat others - perhaps some of those who have experienced poor service have been a little up themselves? The pool area is extremely relaxing. We were told the Hotel was completely full while we were there, although we never struggled to find a lounger and towels were endlessly available. The music playing underwater was a particular highlight! The location is good, a nice stroll along the promenade from town, restaurants or the ferry terminal to take you to other parts of the island. The roof top bar gives a great view of the bay and is a nice place to start and end the evening. In conclusion, a beautiful, modern, well appointed Hotel with great staff. We would definitely return and suggest you look beyond the negative reviews and give it a try."

• Travel date: 12th July 2010

great hotel, services limited out of season

Reviewed 21st March 2013

"Aguas De Ibiza is a member of Design Hotels and is located in Ibiza’s Santa Eulalia Bay marina far from the loud sounds, messy streets and rowdy revellers of San Antonio. The hotel is wonderful and has become a firm favourite of ours. There is free parking (on street) at the front of the hotel - a welcome change to the hip pocket, and our hire car stayed there safe and sound for the duration of the stay. The rooms are large, bright and airy with all modern amenities. Clean lines, great tones and nice lighting make it easy to want to stay in your room/on your balcony for the duration of your stay. The hotel has direct access to the promenade that leads around to the next little village and is flanked with restaurants and bars which makes it easy to stroll around whilst working up a hunger with plenty of food styles to choose from. There is a boat trip from Santa Eulalia stopping at Cala Longa and San Antonio which is much cheaper than booking a guided vessel and has views just as good. The only negative with this property is if you go in the off season. Arriving in May we were astonished to find that all hotel facilities were not available: - roof top bar & pool was closed - one of the hotel restaurants was closed - limited staff on duty However, to compensate these aspects the hotel was much cheaper than during peak times and the only reason the above was an issue was due to the fact that we were not advised this when booking."

• Travel date: 20th April 2010

Excellent except ...

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"We booked a beautiful corner suite for a three day stay in Ibiza with nice views over Santa Eularia port. It was perfect for the two of us and our 5 year old. The hotel service was impecable (very kind at the reception, waiters as well as perfect room service and room cleaning). Breakfast was delicious. Nothing to complain... except when we went to the inside pool area and we were told that to use it we had to pay 35 Euros per adult and 20 Euros per child, which means that to have a swim in the inside pool we had to pay 90 Euros for a family of three !! Of course, sauna and steam bath were included but we were not particularly interested ... we just wanted to have a swim with our son. We explained to the lady that to pay 90 Euros for a half an hour swim (that we were mainly doing for our son) was absolutely crazy. We finally decided that only my husband would go with my son basically not to disappoint our child. But of course, we could not go back to the pool during our stay (not for that money!). So a big important suggestion to the hotel reception is to advise clients before they book of the prices of the inner pool and spa area at least mention that these are not included in the room price. If we had been told, maybe we would have decided to get a cheaper room instead of a corner suite.... It is extremely unprofessional to hide this kind of costs in a hotel. Very, very chicky !"

• Travel date: 6th April 2010

Room for Improvement - worth a stay

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"We have just returned from a lovely holiday on the island of Ibiza and not quite sure how to review this hotel - after reading some of the previous reviews I think it is only fair to first of all point out that the hotel is without doubt the best looking, best positioned and a cut above all the rest in Santa Eulalia - we arrived in the lovely modern contemporary lobby to a friendly welcome, although we were not offered an arrival drink which is unusual for five star, however this was soon forgotten as we were informed that although we had booked a dreamer room they had upgraded us to a junior suite with a free one day pass to the spa, a very welcome surprise. After a speedy check in we were allocated a room on the 3rd floor, no offer of a bellboy to take our cases (not a problem as it saves on having to leave a tip!), there were four lifts in reception although we were informed only one was in working order. This was fine until the third day when the only lift broke down and the stairs suddenly didn't seem very enticing - Our suite was exactly as we would have expected, very clean, very modern and perfect for the high tech gadget type person as all lighting, curtains/blinds, aircon etc is run off keypads positioned by the beds - there is even a low detector light that picks up movement in a darkened room and is excellent for guiding your route to the bathroom. The bathrooms were visually excellent, practically though quite a few designer issues, don't turn the basin tap on with any force otherwise you will experience an early shower and a waterfall out of the back of the super modern shaped basin, we overcame this with strategically placing a flannel under the flow to prevent early water waste dispersion (you have to feel sorry for the maids having to constantly clean the glass wall separating the bathroom and bedroom following basin tap usage!) - lovely big bath, bidet, off the floor toilet and large headed shower and lovely hot water at all times. A previous reviewer said there is no hairdryer but look in the drawer that doesn't look like a drawer under the basin in the bathroom and there it is in a lovely little drawstring bag. Toiletries replenished daily although I have read that this is not always the case - the bed was a super queen size and was again visually very inviting with lovely quality pillows but possibly the hardest mattress we have ever slept in (we are aware this is very much personal preference hard and soft mattresses but we were seriously on our way to hip sores by the time we got home!). A slight negative there but must point out a great positive and that is the soundproofing of the rooms - we had neighbours either side of us but did not hear a thing which is a real bonus for a good nights sleep (if the mattress is soft enough!). The hotel was really quiet with very low occupancy and we would guess that there was very much a skeleton staff running the services, and it has to be said that all the staff were very friendly and very helpful. Forgot to mention that the room was cleaned daily to a very high standard but there was no evening turn down and chocolate on the pillow service, again not a big deal but it is a nice touch in a five star hotel when offered. The breakfast service commenced at 8am and we were lucky enough with the weather to be able to sit on the terrace by the pool to take breakfast, a lovely selection of warm breads, pastries, cured meats, cheeses, nuts, cereals washed down with cava, juices and tea and coffee replenished by the waitress when required - a little surprised to find that should you wish anything hot off the breakfast service i.e. bacon eggs etc there was a surcharge (again not an issue for us as we found the continental breakfast plentiful and delicious quality, but may be a problem to others who think that bed and breakfast includes hot and cold food). The pool area was wonderful, lovely double loungers and large parasols but be warned that if you fancy a dip you do have to mentally prepare yourself for sub zero water temperatures and unfortunately any pool that i have to brace myself is not my idea of fun or relaxation, however looking at it was good enough for me! If you fancy a drink or snack by the pool there is a good service from the poolside bar however 12 euros for one pint of beer was enough for us to decide to look elsewhere for our drinks and snacks which is a shame because the pool area was very relaxing and reasonable prices would have encouraged us to not move from our sunbeds all day, however head straight towards the sea in front of the hotel and the beach cafe to the left does a lovely bottle of cold rose, sparking water and baguettes for two for approx 20 euros (good value for money) - plenty of lovely cafes, bars and restaurants dotted along the relaxing walk around the harbour - we used our complimentary passes in the spa and it has to be said that this is a wonderful spa, one of the best we have used and again with a reasonable entry fee we would have used daily but 70 euros for two was just not reasonable - however all in all and without doubt this hotel has probably the best accommodation in the area, reduce the prices slightly on the food and drink and spa entry and there would not be much reason to venture beyond the exits of this modern contemporary hotel.......ps yes we would go back!!!!"

• Travel date: 17th October 2009

Value for money if booked with a good rate, but double check your bill when leaving

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"I have just returned from a break at this hotel and spent 5 nights in a Dreamers room which is the lowest rate, plus we got it on a offer through another site and paid around £117 a night so for this rate is was worth it. I believe the hotel rate is more so in this case it would not be such value for money. You cannot fault the hotel for its cleanliness it is perfect and the rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels and covers. The only down sides were, no hairdryer is provided or Ironing facility in your room which you would expect for a 5* hotel. Also we used the bath products that were supplied for us daily like the Bath Salts and shower gel and after 3 days they stopped replacing them for us so that was a bit annoying as we used them every evening after our day on the beach etc. The rooms have very swish electronically controlled panels which at first seem very funky but they are a bit temperamental and a pain after a while our bathroom lights broke and the air conditioning broke on the last day. Also when you wake up in the dark you cannot tell which one of the 8 switches on the panel could be your bedside light so I was tapping them all and the curtains were opening and the air con was blowing and you just kind of wished there was just a switch! However it was still a lovely hotel and the service there was great when you requested something, breakfast was lovely lots of choice and diabetics and non gluten food offered which I have never noticed anywhere before. We never had anything fromt he mini bar as we guessed it would be expensive but on arrival there are some crisps placed on a tray in the room which we opened on the second night assuming they were complimentary but when we checked out we were billed 4 Euro for them so just watch that! The spa is very nicely done but I did not agree with the fact that paying hotel guests still had to pay 35euro to use it for the day I thought that was very cheeky as you are already paying to stay at the hotel...the treatments are also very expensive cheapest. I wanted a massage but was not happy to pay around 100euro including the entry fee and noticed a Massage service offered in a lovely unit along the harbour so I went and paid 35 euro for a 40 min back and neck massage which I can seriously only describe as the most amazing massage ever it was 5star and great value for money I wish I lived there so I could have one every week. So if you would like a massage I would walk the 2 minutes it takes to use this service. The rooftop bar is lovely and must be experienced but again expect to pay around 10 euro for a cocktail. Overall though a great clean hotel with slippers and robes provided but I am not sure it is not quite 5 stars. There are a few teething problems like roof leaks etc that mean there are containers collecting water dotted around which ruins the Luxe look of the place and the lack of hairdryer, ironing and having to pay to enter the Spa all knocked the hotel down a little for me though there is amazing pool area and lounge place outside. The town itself Santa Eulalia is beautiful and such a amazing place to stay, note parking is alos additonal charges to your stay. Lastly on the hotle I read a review that mentioned you must check your room bill before you book out as they charge different rates to what you expect so when we got our bill I was prepared to be overbilled and we were by 60 euro. When we produced our confirmation email with the total on it which differed to theirs I was a little suprised to be told "can you give me 10 minutes while I take a look at this to see what you need to pay " I would have thought it was obvious we are going to pay what we booked it at not what they dicide on departure. Anyway it was resovled and we were told "sorry we charged you the wrong rate" So DO check your bill! For dining the hotel restaurant is dead so I would suggest you walk into town there are so many nice places to eat anyway by the harbour or beach itis a sahme to stay a the hotel in the evening. You MUST go to the Gallery Restaurant in town it is the best meal I ever had and we went twice it was so god. I t is currently number one on Trip advisor and deserves to be."

• Travel date: 6th October 2009

High Quality and Comfort in Ibiza. Maybe Not Quite 5 Stars Though.

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"On entering the Aguas de Ibiza, you'll notice the reception is huge. It has a high ceiling and is decorated in a neutral but modern and design-led way. Lots of glass and lights! Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Some had better English skills than others. The rooms are quite large and I had the smallest room available, a dreamer room. The air conditioning was very good so never overheated!!! Neutral modern decor, good sitting area in room with high quality furniture. The bed was a bit soft. Bathroom had seperate toilet and bidet area and sink and bath/shower. Shower wasn't much cop but it worked. Bath was lovely and big though. An electronically operated blind behind glass separated the bathroom. Toiletries were lovely, a brand from from San Francisco Essentiel Elements. All lights and curtains etc can be operated electronically. The lighting was very good both bright and mood lighting could be switched on/off from different points in the room. Hair-dryer. Good safe, like a drawer so it was easy to get stuff in and out. Bang and Olufsen TV. No English channels other than news. Nowhere to plug in MP3/iPods, which was missed really, it would have been good to get ready for clubbing escapades with some music. The minibar fridge had no sensors so all your own stuff will fit in, jackpot! Balcony with sea view. All in all, suited perfectly and did the job comfortable and more than adequately. Breakfast was included in the rate. There was a hot and cold buffet with freshly squeezed juice, bottled water, cava, fruit, pastries, bread, cheese, toaster, bacon eggs. That type of affair. Probably wasn't as high quality food as you'd expect for a 5 star hotel, though it was OK and breakfast service for coffee and tea was a bit hit and miss but usually friendly. Ask for a latte or cappucino as well, the staff will happily get you one if you don't want standard coffee. The bar, Air Ibiza, on the roof is gorgeous and quite reasonable too. Only 10 Euros for a cocktail and for Ibiza standards, that isn't bad! Friendly staff in there too! The pool area is great to hang around during the day. There are 2 pools, one with waterfall and 2 water jets. Loungers around the pools and on the grass. Round the pool there are a few double loungers which looked fun. Be careful though, people did like reserving their loungers with their towels in the morning and there aren't really enough loungers to go round sometimes. Also a pool in Air Ibiza, but that's not open during the day. Didn't use the spa, but it does look worth it. Very well equipped! Different pools, steam room, sauna and ice!!! There are cafes, bars and restaurants a short stroll away in the marina and town, but to experience Ibiza's best restaurants its best to get a car and/or hit Ibiza town. The hotel also has a fine dining restaurant and a bar menu, though I didn't eat there. Aguas de Ibiza location is a 5-10 minute walk from Santa Eulalia, so its very easy to get to the bus to other places around Ibiza. Front desk will happily get you a taxi if you want one too. Aguas de Ibiza is a good choice for high quality accomodation in Ibiza, if you manage to get a good rate. I would certainly stay again myself if it was the right price. If you are after 5 star luxury and mediterranean ambience though, it doesn't offer a similar type of experience as at Hotel Hacienda Na Xamena, or I should imagine as I haven't stayed, at the Mirador in Ibiza Town."

• Travel date: 5th October 2009

writing this from our room now

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"and I can say its very nice. Reasonably priced, helpful staff - brand new hotel with brand new spa - pool service is very good - the waiters work hard. Breakfast, if you don't come in at 5am and sleep all day - is very good - the spa will help you detox and there's a great hydrotherapy area with all the jets you could ask for. Its also not full of Brits Abroad / Ravers - which might be a concern for some. Check out the roof terrace as well - its wonderful!"

• Travel date: 29th August 2009

Difficult To Judge

Reviewed 4th March 2013

"I have left the score for this hotel until after I have written this review as it is difficult to decide. Firstly we arrived late at night and the person on the service desk was very helpful although only spoke broken English. This is not a problem for me as really we should make an effort to speak Spanish rather than expect other nationalities to speak English. The hotel is just outside the town centre but it is only 5 minutes walk away and it is nice to have that walk to burn off a few calories after a huge dinner or a few drinks. The hotel is well equipped and the first place we have been where the blinds open when you enter the room. The room is well equipped with bath, shower, toilet and bidet. All were very stylsh and the only real complaint is that the basin, although stylish, is impractical as it has no plug and if you turn the tap on too fast it overflows and soaks the floor. The room itself has an excellent light and A/C control panel, flat screen TV, balcony, loads of wardrobe space, safe deposit, robes, slippers mini bar, sofa, huge bed must be super super kingsize and a very good A/C system. I was very impressed with the rooms and would recommend to all although our room was not made up on one of the days. Breakfast was very good. If you are a cold meat fan then you will be very happy. There is cava, water, two types of juices, pastries, cereal, toast, usual eggs, sausages, bacon etc and lots of fruit. The fruit was very tasty and fresh and the coffee is excellent and the staff at breakfast are very helpul. The only probem is that the staff are very forgetful and you do not always get good service. We sometimes had to ask for coffee more than once, and on the last day we gave up asking. Also to warn you in advance if you are not B&B then it costs €25 each which is a tad expensive. We paid for the breakfast as part of the packge and it was around £100 each for the week which I think was worthwhile. Transfer. We paid €100 to the hotel for a transfer from the airport to the hotel and then learnt that there are loads of licensed taxis that will charge €35 so I would recommend getting a taxi from the airport. We got nothing extra for booking it with the hotel except knowing there would be someone there waiting for us. Spa and roof top restaurant. Both of these were not open yet. Both are supposed to be open in July 2009 but I would not hold your breath. This was not mentioned when booking and so we only found out when we arrived. Food, we tried a salad and a couple of other bits for lunch. The Ibiza burger has no description and is a burger with bacon, egg, cheese, salad which was average and not worth the money. The chicken salad turned up as a fish salad but when it was eventually changed it tasted OK and the squid salad was very tasty. The problem was at €15 for a salad this was very expensive and so we did not chance dinner as we had far nicer food for less money in town. Again the service from staff was very slow and not always correct. The pool area is very good with double sun loungers, which are comfortable and the towels are very soft. The pool is cold although big enough to have a swim and even when the hotel filled up there was still ample room for all. Overall the staff were very helpful but did not get it right all of the time. We did get a hire car within 10 minutes (and I would recommend this to see the island) but more often than not they were very slow and got things wrong. For a 5* hotel this is a bit unforgiveable. Other things about the island. Visit the Blue Marlin, very relaxed, service is excellent, food is excellent and the price was about the same as the hotel. Make sure you go. We tried several of the beaches and Santa Eulalia is by far the best place to stay. The beach is uncrowded and the town is far more attractive to wander around than Ibiza Town, Portinatx, San Antonio and various other places we visited and it has very good places to eat. For food we visited La Pizzeria del Puerto which has the best Tiramisu (which is usually hate) I have ever tasted, we had 3 course meal plus wine for €60. There was also a tapas place called Ill Llas (I think) which was very tasty but the tapas came out one after the other, however it was under €50 and would recommend to all (looked traditional and the locals seemed to like it). Both these were in the mariner along with a third fish place called Skuma, however I would avoid this as the food was OK and the service made our hotel look super efficient. I was going to recommend Hostal Central on the pedestrian area in town as this was the best meal I had all holiday but my wife's mixed kebab had raw chicken. The bread/olives were excellent and the fish cooked to perfection, all for €50. So I loved it but raw chicken and raw pork in a kebab is pretty shocking and all we were offered was a free coffee and a sorry. Lastly back to the hotel, when we checked out the staff tried to charge us for an extra night and only when we questioned this did he re-check the system and correct the bill. Would I recommend, yes I think I would. This hotel has it's faults but it is very stylish and the staff need some time to bed in. They are polite and try to be helpful they just fall short of what you would expect in 5* hotel. The breakfast is pretty good and the rooms are excellent, pool is very good and we enjoyed being slightly out of town, the walks in and out in the evening were very pleasant. All I need to decide now is whether I rate this 3 or 4 out of 5."

• Travel date: 10th June 2009

Appalling service and lack of care at Aguas de Ibiza

Reviewed 9th February 2013

"The Aguas de Ibiza had been open only two days when we arrived so we understood there would be some teething problems but the service we recieved was absolutely awful. We had a junior suite which had several problems. The shower was designed in such a way that the shower head was too low to stand under and it's fixed (my partner is 6 foot) so it couldn't be used. I flushed the toilet and the flush mechanism fell off the wall into the loo. There was no lighting in the bathroom for 3 days despite the fact we called them when we arrived to notify them. The electric blinds in the bathroom got 'stuck' up so we would bath every day in full view of passers by! The smoke alarm in the room was still covered and would not have worked in the event of a fire. There were no porters to take us to our room and the bar was shut promptly every evening at 11 - one evening we were told we weren't allowed in due to a private party. There was no room service after 11pm either. Twice we rang down for a cab and when we came down we were told that they didn't phone until you came down. One night we had to wait 45 mins and then werre taken in by a member of the reception to the taxi rank! We eventually developed our own arrangement with a local taxi driver. All of this would have been understandable as it's a new hotel if it hadn't been dealt with so appallingly by the staff. by day 3 we gave up complaining. We asked several times to see the manager or for a discount and we were told he was 'too busy' and that there would be no discount. The final straw was when I ordered a chicken salad and the chicken was served raw (not just pink but raw!). I went ballistic at the kitchens and reception and all they said was they wouldn't charge me for the salad and would I like another one. In summary the hotel itself and it's design is beautiful and stunning but the staff and management need to learn an awful lot more about service before they could call themselves 5 stars."

• Travel date: 1st January 2009

surprise

Reviewed 1st March 2013

"The hotel had just opened when we arrived. We had asked through booking.com for an ocean view with a queen bed. We got a double bed on the first floor facing the street and a small portion of the ocean was visible. We tried to call the reception to let them know that we did not like our room but the phone was out of order. We went down to the reception to let them know that we were not happy with the room and they said they will not be able to change it till the next day. The next day they gave us a room facing the pool with more of a "sea view". In our new room, every time we took a shower, the bathroom would get filled with water because there was no proper sealing, not mentioning the face that the drain on the bath tub didn't work and we had to use our hand to hold up the drain up for the water to go. That never got fixed because it had a major problem. In their website, we had read that there would be a spa. When we got there, there was no spa. It had not opened yet. We complained and said we wanted at least a partial refund so that we could change our hotel, because of all the mentioned problems and especially because we wanted to use the "spa". The only thing they said was "SORRY, we would be fully charged if we left". They said they could instead arrange for a spa outside the hotel, but had nothing to say when we complained that their web site did not provide the correct information about the spa at the time of booking. One night we asked the reception to call us a taxi and that we were on our way down to the lobby. We went down and they said they would only call a cab when the guest is at the lobby because they can't have the taxis wait too long on busy nights. On the third night of our stay we noticed that the fridge is not keeping our bottle of water cool enough. We didn't even bother to call the reception because we thought we didn't want the maintenance guys to be there again not be able to do anything about it just like the bathtub drain. Two positive points: 1- We had rented bikes for one day and for the night time they let us put our bikes in their storage room! 2- They let us keep our room a few extra hours on our check out day, since our flight was in the evening. All in all the area where the hotel was located was nice and calm. However, we would have been much happier if we had booked a three star hotel next to Aguas called Catalonya which was closer to the beach and seemed to be much better. Aguas had better room rates compared to the other five stars in Ibiza but the thing was that i would rate this hotel a three star rather than five. Don't get fooled by its website."

• Travel date: 22nd September 2008

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"I found this hotel while on Ibiza trying to escape from the Torre Del Mar nightmare. This is a new property that was just opened in mid August. Since their spa was not operational yet, I received a very nice discount on the room. I booked a Junior Suite which i in reality is a larger room then their deluxe rooms. The room and the hotel is very tastefully and minimalistically decorated. My room had a view of the sea and the marina next door. Rooms have all necessary amenities including a large bathroom with a separate tub and a shower. The property has a very nice pool area and a lounge around the pool. During my stay there was not a lot of guests in the property so we were treated like royalty. All staff in the hotel has been very nice and have been trying their best to please. I spend a lot of time at the pool of the hotel and received great service from the staff. Since the hotel is not yet fully operational there were small things here and there that are to be expected from the brand new hotel but they did not bother me much. . I am sure this hotel will shine next year when it is fully operational. I will be back."

• Travel date: 8th September 2008

Hotels near Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle & Spa

Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle & Spa is also called

• aguas de ibiza lifestyle & spa
  • hotel aguas de ibiza