Been to Palmyra 3 times but been priced out of it now :(

Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"We (me 21 him 31) went to Fiesta Palmyra in 2002, 2003 and 2004 and absolutely adore the place. The hotel is gorgeous, and the renovation work they did in 2004 was amazing..... the rooms are beautiful and the Ibiza heat is far more bearable with the aircon they installed when upgrading....the rooms resemble a trendy apartment now! The pool area is great, but is too small especially in high season (the time we went in 2002 and 2003) when it is very hard to get a sunlounger unless you get up at the crack of dawn and wait for them to be unchained. In 2004 we went in Sept, and it was brilliant, there were plenty of sunloungers, but thats because the hotel was dead. This is the reason we didnt go back this year (went to Lanzarote instead whoch was brilliant) You see, once this hotel was upgraded from 3* to 4*, the prices went stupid. Last year (2004) we booked it at a very reasonable price for september, and had a really cheap holiday as we found dirt cheap flights. However, the hotel was completely dead, and they even had to close down early and cancel peoples bookings because they couldnt stay open when there was so few people there. Luckily we got our holiday in JUST before they shut down early, but there were people there who had been going to this hotel for many many years who had had their holidays cut short because of this. The reason for the hotel being so quiet is because they are now extortionately priced. We looked to book to go again this year but found out that the hotel had DOUBLED its prices from the year before (when they had had to close early because of lack of bookings!!) Im guessing that this year was even deader than last year was considering theyve doubled the prices!!... the hotel blame Thomson for this price hike.

If you want a really nice hotel when you go to Ibiza then this is the one...but be prepared to pay for the priviledge! The staff are absolutely brilliant... the bar staff, the reception staff and the resturant staff are the nicest ever! The hotel is brilliantly located (well away from the noise, but well close enough to the nightlife...plus the best pre party bar in the world, BAR M is right next door!) The hotel grounds (swimming pool area and restaurant terrace) are beautifully maintained. I just wish they would drop their prices so i could return to my favourite hotel again :( this is unlikely so i have took the hard decision of making Costa Teguise in Lazarote my new favourite location...but ill still always love Ibiza"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Great Hotel !!!!

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Palmyra hotel for a week in August. The rooms were spotless and were cleaned everyday. The food was excellent ,it had a wide range of choice and even had a chef cooking you fresh food there and then. The pool is clean and even had a life guard there everyday. The beach and sea front are at the back of the hotel and San Antonio Bay is within easy walking distance. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpfull and i would have no hesistation in reccomending this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

great hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"just came back and as the reviews say it was a fantastic hotel.checked the reviews out before booking and they were spot on.the hotel was busy enough but not loud in any way.entertainment was on at night till 12 and that included a quiz,bingo and music - not too bad if you prefer a quieter night in.im a fussy eater but the food was good and there was always plenty of choice.dinner didnt start till 7.30 which i think is quite late but you get used to it.rooms were modern and very clean and maids came in every day to clean and with new towels.location is excellent.inbetween the town and the bay so you have both choices of where to go at night.5 mins walk to town or 5 mins to bay.definately one of the best hotels ive been to and would most definately go back if im goin to ibiza next year."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of August 2005

I have stayed at the hotel Palmyra four...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"I have stayed at the hotel Palmyra four times over the last ten years. During the first three visits I had no cause to complain in fact the hotel was excellent. This year’s trip however tells a different tale. The staff except two members of reception all need to complete customer service courses. Their general attitude was unbelievable. The restaurant was a joke, I have never tasted nor been served food like it. The soup were luke warm!!!! I observed flies on the cold food section.

The bacon under cooked. On one evenings meal my friend and I had our table made up whilst we were enjoying (not) our second course. I had to go to the bar and request my own drinks in a waiter-serving restaurant. Wanting to change travellers cheques was a joke, all money issued in 100 euro notes. Only benefit to staying here in future is the fact that my friend and I both lost pounds four pounds each!!!!!!!!!

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

Fantastic holiday! The Palmyra exceeded...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Fantastic holiday! The Palmyra exceeded our expectations on all levels. It is for people who wish to use the bars, clubs and shops of San Antonio, as there wasn’t much in the way of entertainment at the hotel itself.

I recommend it for couples or families with teenage children. It is close enough but not right on top of the nightlife (and the noise that comes with it). We stayed in the family suite, which had a panoramic view of the bay.

The room was enormous! We were on the top floor, level 4. Never before have we stayed in a hotel with such a large balcony over 30ft long, it was out of this world!! Staff were very helpful, reception area stunning, food good, no complaints at all, we will defiantly return.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

I have stayed at this hotel when it was...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"I have stayed at this hotel when it was a 3*, but now it has been refurbished it is fantastic. I totally agree with Mrs Hayes, and cannot believe Miss Taylor was at the same hotel in August when we were there.

Our room was huge and lovely, all new.

We found the staff fine, especially the bar waiters who have been working there for years.

The food was good and my only comment was not enough choice with sweets at times. I also wish the pool area was larger, but with the sea 50yards away no problem. What I love about the Palmyra is stepping out onto the promenade from the pool area. Just a short walk to the centre of San An and the harbour, West End if you want it, the other way the Bay. Please go to this hotel and ask for a sea view.

9th july - 16th july 2005

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"First impressions of the hotel were good, liked the buffet as good choice, something for everyone i thought, although my friend didn't like much. A good choice of spainish, italian, french food but mainly english. Rooms nice with lots of space. Pool is lovely and jst a few steps down is the beech. The hotel was dead though as at this time we probally just missed the high season, which is ideal for someone wanting to relax but not for a group of teenagers like us, although the hotel was a little walk from the westend which was ideal. The hotel very quite at night which wasd good and average evening entertainment. Took us a few days to settle down but once we got to know the staffs faces they were very friendly, always saying hello and talking to you. Espically the mangers son pal, he was adorable! over all a brilliant hotel, would be better for young partyers in augest."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

great place to stay

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"stayed for a week, food was great ,staff spot on. rooms were cleaned every day , clean towels every day. entertainment on a night was poor ok if you like bingo you could win a t shirt or a baseball cap. not a hotel to take small children to more for the ritired."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2005