About Palladium Hotel Palmyra

• slovak
  • adult pool

Worst holiday ever!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 29th of September 2016

Worst holiday we have ever had! Will never go back!! and has totally put us off Ibiza.
Hotel describes itself as a relaxing break away for couples. Well we definitely did not get that!! Hotel is in no way a four star hotel, more like a 2 to 3 star and that's being generous.

We arrived on the 7th September to the 17th September, mid forties, so we didn't want a retirement village, but something relaxing but with a bit of go, and what a waste of money this holiday was..

Arrived at 11am, for the room not to be ready, and was left in our traveling clothes in the heat by the pool until nearly 3pm whereby I had to go back into reception and ask if our room was ready, was also ushered out very quickly when we checked out, as if they wanted rid of us.

Hotel Position: right bang in the middle of Ocean Beach club, Es Paridises and Eden night clubs. You have people literally walking behind the hotel 24/7 to get to each of the clubs.

San Antonio: Rife with drug pushers, who literally pounce on you every 10 steps along the promenade, especially in the evening! We lost count of the times we were asked if we wanted Charlie, weed or pills.

Hotel: Caters for couples, but had big groups of youngsters when we were there who were noisy, loud and arrogant. One group blasting out their own stereo at the pool very loudly for several hours and smoking drugs with the staff turning a blind eye to it.

Staff: Rude, arrogant, and didn't like to listen. The more arrogant and pushy you were the more they may listen to you. although god forbid you complain, as you would be ousted. Cleaners were pleasant though!! Mine and Paco on the entertainment team were nice! Otherwise reception and bar staff were very moody.

Pool: Shows in pictures as huge, its not! Too much deep end and not enough shallow end! Sunbeds on top of each other! Also arrived one morning to find vomit all over one of the sun beds and decking!

Sunbeds: at a premium, you had to be up reserving them at 7 if you wanted a good spot, as the hotel does not enforce its rule of no reserving before 8am!

Bar: Okay, but staff were moody and arrogant, and would keep you waiting whilst serving others that had arrived after you.(these were normally the loud obnoxious arrogant guests) Hotel needs a queuing system in place! also on a couple of occasions, bar staff were drinking on duty and getting drunk whilst still serving guests. Also hotel advises no drinking or food in the rooms, but several times we saw people taking bar drinks to their rooms! It also does not state what you get all inclusive, and what is not free. You need to make that clearer.
Tables near the bar were dangerous, cheap looking and you didn't dare lean on them (i believe one guest did, and for her trouble was covered in drinks)

Food: Where do I start. Hotel claims in caters for vegetarians etc. Every night for the first half of our holiday I lived on Pizza as it was the only vegetarian thing to eat. I mean come on Vegetable risotto..... cooked in chicken stock.... Cauliflower cheese... cooked in chicken stock... ooooh potatoes.... with bacon.... I complained about this on the fifth day, to have no feedback at all... On the sixth day I complained again and the head waiter advised me they would cook me something special, and that the hospitality manager would come and see me. I got a veggie burger which was okay, but of course there was no accompaniments for it as everything had meat in it..... Also when I book an all inclusive I go as I have a variety of choice to put on my plate. My husband who is a meat eater, also advised that the food was bland, tasteless and under cooked (other guests were also complaining that the meat was raw and one comment was we are eating in a four star dog kennel!! ) After that we gave up and ate out most nights which when we have paid a premium for all inclusive is just not acceptable! The hospitality manger NEVER did come and see us to apologies!!!! That is VERY UNACCEPTABLE.

Rooms
I paid extra prior to us arriving to be upgraded to the Junior suite with a sea views, which set me back another £400. Worst thing I did, as the suite although had a lovely view was smack bang above the beach door, and we were woken most mornings between 4-7am with youngsters letting their friends in to the hotel (Hotel does not enforce their rule of the beach door being locked after 12pm to 8am!) They are not sound proofed as advertised as we could hear the toilet upstairs being flushed as well, and the guests above walking up and down their room all night and day.
The shower broke halfway through the holiday (not four star fixings in this hotel) We complained about it, and they supposedly fixed it, but the next time we used it, it did exactly the same thing. We gave up after that and used the bath, which was probably better as the shower in the bath has no grab rail and you take your life into your own hands getting in and out of the shower.
Air conditioning was noisy and kept my husband up most nights, and the bed although a lovely king size double, was like laying on wood. pillows are not worth laying your head on, and if you want a decent pillow you have to pay for it (from 5 euros per night) Also coffee and tea in the room never replenished and dirty cups not always replaced. This is not four star quality as far as i can see!

Special Occasions: I had read that people with birthdays and anniversaries were treated to champagne and special treatment, and in fact we did see people being treated as such. (must of been there favorites) I advised when I booked the junior suite that we were there celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, and I advised them again when booking in. They never once mentioned it to us or treated us. We were not made to feel special in anyway. In fact we felt like outsiders at this hotel.

Entertainment : Water aerobics and water volley ball every day (Hotel needs to have a bit of a change every day with the music by the pool, the same old CD songs every day get a bit of a bore! Entertainment in the evenings pretty poor. In being there 10 days we only stayed for one night in the hotel when they had a rock and roll singer. Other entertainment included karaoke and quiz nights, pretty poor for a supposedly 4 star hotel!

All in all I strongly advise people to double think about going to this hotel, or in fact this area!!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2016

all inclusive is not always all inclusive

Reviewed Wed 29th of June 2011

"we went to the fiesta hotel and booked all inclusive with thomson but when we arrived we was told we had half board and all inclusive drinks when i book all inclusive i want all inclusive it is not the hotels fault it is thomsons they have had number of complaints about this so if any of you have booked with thomson be warned but could not fault the hotel staff tho you did have to go down the pool by 8 to get a sunbed and the entertainment was rubbish and watch out for the african women on the front dont shake there hand just walk pass them"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of June 2011

Holiday June 2001

Reviewed Thu 23rd of June 2011

"I read reviews before I took my holiday so was disappointed not to find a Thomson rep on site. They no longer attend this hotel.I was put in the wrong room but the staff did move me when I complained.Food good,room good,bed not comfortable.Cleaners good entertainment rubbish.
If you like to sun bath you cant get a sunbed,people were getting up at 0530 to put towels on the beds-afraid I missed that.I you complain the staff just laugh at you as they know there are not enough sunbeds.
I wont go back again,not that the hotel was awful,just it wasnt up to what I had expected."

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of June 2011

amazing hotel...

Reviewed Tue 29th of July 2008

" amazing hotel!!!

me and my family stayed here for two weeks, and let me tell you it was the best hotel ever!!!. The food was lovely, there was always something you could eat, the rooms were huge, the beach was lovely and so was the hotel entertainer connie.
The entertainment every night was fantastic!!. There was always something on.
One thing you must do whilst staying here is catch a boat to a little white sand and clear water beach which is absoloutely gorgeous!!! the water is so clear you can see the fish, it was the best beach i have ever been to in my life.
The hotel is a little walk down the road to all the clubs and fayre rides if your into that sort of thing. There are shops right the way down the promenade and one night we were there there was a huge festival on, with fireworks which were fantastic and on for ages!!!. All in all i would say this hotel was perfect in every way. However the prices for it have gone up sky high, so we can't go back this year :|.
But this hotel is awesome!!! :D:D

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

Fiesta Palmyra is undoubtedly the best h...

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2007

"Fiesta Palmyra is undoubtedly the best hotel in San Antonio. The comments about the pool are justified as it's a little too congested because of the volume of people. You only need one loud family like we had and your tranquillity is spoiled. A nice lady told them to shut up which they did. Chavs shouldn't really go to this hotel.

The rooms were excellent and found the service good also. The only slight let down was the restaurant. After reading the other comments you may find this surprising but we found the restaurant food just ok. The food changed every day but always seemed to taste the same regardless of what you had. We actually don't like going half board as we always seem to eat out so as not to get bored.

We always find that when we have went half board or all inclusive then we have the same complaint so maybe don't read too much into it. At peak times in the restaurant the staff can take a short while to attend to you.

The location is perfect because you now can walk all the way round to Mambo for the sunset etc as the new walkway is finished. Also just outside the Palmyra on the promenade there are a couple of chilled out beach bars that do excellent cocktails and with really chilled out atmosphere for all ages.

The location is absolutely brilliant as you will get a good sleep and you can choose busy or quiet.

I'm just about to book to go back in June 2008.

If you are swaying and you like Ibiza then this hotel is worth it!!

• Travel date: Wed 19th of December 2007

4* hotel in San Antonio

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Central hotel without being above a nightclub. Very friendly hotel staff. Rooms are spacious and all furniture is dark wood. Not ultra modern but by no means dated. bathroom is big and all marble. in room safes but have to pay locally for them. most rooms have sea views but there are rooms allocated around the back of the hotel which overlooks a busy main road and a strip club! Food pretty much the same as the rest of Spain - Salad, Meats and show cooking - not ala carte but quite good. Wouldnt pay again to go half board as there are so many good restaurants in ibiza to choose from and overall would probably work out cheaper than going half board anyway.
hotel bar overlooks the whole of the marina and really is spectacular with floor to ceiling windows. pool area isnt big enough for the size of hotel and you have to be up early to get a sunbed - right on beach so went there for more space - sunbeds on beach were 6 euros pp. if you dont want to be hounded by women hairbraiding and men trying to sell knock off watches then avoid the promenade at night and walk into town along the main road Overall a good hotel next to Bar M and Ithaca and right on the beach"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

Fantastic Hotel - Loved it !!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Me and my two friends stayed at the Fiesta Palmyra in September 2005. We had been to ibiza before but previously stayed in some really run down apartments so when we booked this hotel which didn't cost us anymore than the previous apartments and also with half board we couldn't believe our luck.
Location is fantastic.......rooms were lovely, clean and tidy. The hotel staff were very helpful.
Lovely pool area and food was also pretty good.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ibiza.......
Only a short taxi ride to mambo, coastline etc or maybe a half hour walk.....great restaurant called Banyan Palace near by too, just book a taxi.....gorgeous Thai Food in a stunning building....."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of February 2007

touch of class in San Antonio

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This is a lovely hotel that brings together modern and classic interiors. It is worth paying that wee bit extra to stay here! Marble floors throughout, all very clean, and very modern style interiors in the rooms. Rooms cleaned daily...unless specified. The hotel is catering for all age groups. We were a young couple looking for the clubbing night life of Ibiza, and we think it is worth paying the wee bit extra in order to get a proper rest in this nice hotel! (there was no dj music or anything like that playing at night in the hotel - there is plenty of that in the main resort 1 min away) Families and older couples would still appreciate the facilities of the hotel. there is nightly entertainment, and the hotel rep puts on games durin the day at the pool. Lots of different nationalities too.

The pool is a good size but does get busy. Mind you, you are only about 20 paces away from the beach, so it shouldnt bother the die-hard sun worshiper! Close by is a supermarket to the left, and the famous Bar M, eden, and es paridis night clubs....all less than 2 min walk away! very good if you are in heels! The hotel is mainly west facing so great for the sunsets, but you may have to specify this at booking. there are rooms all around the hotel looking out (you dont want the south facing ones - they face a busy road) We were on the north side of the hotel, and still go a great view of the sun set. At night, the walkway at the back fo the hotel along the beach front can get noisey with people tripping back from the west end about 10 mins away, but the room windows are soundproof. Staff are fairly cool - not overly friendly, but as this is the only 4 star hotel in San An, they probably feel they dont have to be! all in all - worth the money!!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Fantastic - Highly Recommended!!!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"I've now been to Ibiza 6 times, with this Hotel being the best of all I have stayed in. I will try and break down my experiences individually:

Hotel: - Rooms cleaned EVERY DAY, bedding changed every other. Staff brilliant, most can speak 3 or 4 languages and are really hospitable. Reception are extremely helpful and the hotel is spotless from restaurant to stairways. Pool can get a little crowded (especially of a weekend due to change over days), but it is a lovely decked area.

Restaurant:- Probably the highlight of the Hotel, fantastic. Unbelieveable amount of choice with great variety and fantastic themes. From Oriental (Chinese - Spring Rolls etc and Japanese - Sushi) to Mexican (Enchilladas and Fajitas) as well as Spanish. Breakfasts were equally as nice with a magnificent hot selection and cold selection such as Croissants and Pan au Chocolat.

Bar:- Well worth paying the €13 each per person, per day for unlimited drinks. Though the drinks are restricted to certain brands and amounts. Sangria, Martini and Beer is fine though. It cost my Fiancée and I €368 for 2 weeks for this, highly recommended. Nice staff and very efficient. Cold drinks are great also, especially of a day....as well as Coffee if the weather isn't as nice as expected (as we experienced).

It is worth the money, £850 each for a fortnight, due to it's location and quality and I would certainly stay here again.

Brilliant."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of August 2006

I have visited this hotel several times...

Reviewed Thu 17th of August 2006

"I have visited this hotel several times over the last five years and am eagerly awaiting my 2nd visit this year. To say that the service was good is an understatement, the food was fantastic.

I have found it difficult to fault the restaurant, the selection of food was vast. It would appear that there is no pleasing some folks!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

c and k durham

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"2nd visit to this hotel. Beautiful since the refurbishment. Step out onto the promenade and beach. Pool a little small and hotel does not cater for small children but with beach outside its great. Nice stroll to town area,. Try and get a sea view and not facing the main road. But must agree with previous review, prices are now silly £700+ for week in August!! but not many 4* In San An, although some hotels are being refurbished for 2006. In all great hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

We booked an 'allocated on arrival' late...

Reviewed Wed 4th of January 2006

"We booked an 'allocated on arrival' late deal to Ibiza to take our 2 year old away for a week in the sun. We never imagined that they would put us in San Antonio and would never have contemplated taking him there. We travelled to the resort with gloomy anticipation of a week in hell amongst drunken revellers in a grotty town - how wrong we were.

The hotel was outstanding and perfect for our young family, literally right on the beach and with an excellent pool of it's own. The rooms were spacious, modern and comfortable, the food was excellent. The resort had plenty for us to do and we had a thoroughly excellent time, so much so we'd certainly consider returning. Not a drunk in site!"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of January 2006

Hotels near Palladium Hotel Palmyra

Top traveller tips for Palladium Hotel Palmyra

• Dave by Dave

"Go next door for your entertainment. "

Palladium Hotel Palmyra is also called