Excellent stay!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"I stayed for an extended weekend from Friday to Tuesday and I had a great stay. The hotel was close enough to all the action but also in a quiet area as well so I was never bothered by noise. I never really heard any noise from my fellow residents and the staff were always on hand to help. At one point, the flush in my toilet was not working but a member of staff was up within 30 minutes to fix it.

The TV had a good selection of channels including CNN and Eurosport. The shower though would randomnly go from hot to cold which was slightly annoying but is the only fault I could find with this hotel. Breakfast was also worth getting up for and had a good selection of croissants, bread rolls, ham etc...

I will be going back to Ibiza next year and I am pretty sure that I will be going back to Hotel Marfil!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

Great breakfasts!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Brilliant hotel- very clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is fantastic (near to the action but a pretty 10 mins walk away from the West End hell). The only downer was the shower which changed from hot to cold very quickly. Would def recommend getting up on time for the breakfast (a good choice of cereals, pastries/bread, meats, fruit, juice and yogurts). I would def stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

Fantastic hotel!!!

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"It was my first time in Ibiza and I went alone so I wanted to stay somewhere safe yet near the action! Hotel Marfil was the answer!

My room was modern and very clean and comfortable (there was air con to keep me cool).

I became friends with the staff there and they helped me so much with everything, to recommending the best beaches to pointing me to the local pharmacy and they even tried to get me discounts on clubs ticket - you can't get a better service than that!!!

The cool thing about this hotel is how quiet it was in the evening and it was only a 5 minute walk from where all the clubs/bars are.

I highly recommend people to this hotel as you will not be disappointed!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

Great value hotel who take pride in their service!!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Stayed in the Marfil for 4 nights at the end of July and could not find any complaints whatsoever!!

The hotel is very well maintained, clean and tidy and the staff and service is first class.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, 5 min walk from San Antonio harbour, 15 minutes from the sunset strip but far enough away from the West End and San Antonio Bay that you are not bothered by the noise and behaviour of "the brits abroad"!!!

I would recommend the Marfil highly to my closest friends without any hesitation!!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of July 2007

Marfil Marvellous!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"The Marfil was lovely, didnt expect much but was very surprised when turned up at 6am in the morning to find a lovely little water feature in reception and free internet on hand.
Our room was big and had free air con, always a bonus. The bathroom even had a bath, hair dryer and slippers!! The TV had cable and we had a little fridge as well.
We didnt use the pool so cant tell you about that, but the nearest beach was about a 5 min walk away.
The breakfast was really nice, with all you need really.
The hotel is right near to the old town of San Antonio where you can see all the locals sitting at night, and the West End is about 5 mins away too.
We had a night flight but we were able to use the shower room to wash after we had checked out.

If you can, stay at this hotel, it is lovely."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of August 2006

Friendly and Convenient

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"Stayed here last July for a week. The hotel was very clean, had wifi access, and the breakfast very nice. Staff were friendly and the guests staying at the hotel were friendly and quiet. Hotel is ideal if you want to stay in the West End / San Antonio, but as Ibiza is a small island - cheap enough and easy to hire a car to drive out of San An. Definately Recommend. A++++++"

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

moderate

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"was expecting much more from this hotel and was quiet dissapointed with what was on offer.
staff dont seem to care much about their guests, a real take it or leave it attitude and they did not really try to interact with people either.
Breakfast was very poor, especially if you were unfortunate to be late down as there were only "remains" left you had to serve yourself and it didnt look very hygenic either( everything was handled by previous guests)
The hotel itself is comfortable with well apointed rooms and worth the few extra pounds as they have made an effort to make it stylish, but in an european way (not great).They should have kept to a stylish spanish feel instead of a sterile, plastic, european boutique wanabee hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of January 2006

Wonderful hotel in San Antonio!!!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed here in late September, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Well, that is, the little time we actually were there at the hotel! But nonetheless, a great stay!

Hotel is in a nice location, about a 10 minute walk to San Antonio harbor, lots of nightlife even closer, but far enough away that you can actually get some sleep, day or night, if desired! Also about a 15 minute walk to Cafe Del Mar and Cafe Mambo to watch the sunset. Some great restaurants within the area, especially Tijuana, the Tex-Mex one right across the street.

Room was great, 2 double beds, A/C, clean bathroom. What else do you need?! Well, there was a t.v., but I don't even think we turned it on.

Staff was very helpful. Front desk guys and housekeeping were great. They even had some of our laundry done for us and had it delivered to our room, which we were in dire need of after 2 weeks in Europe! Nice breakfast served until noon.

All and all, a nice little hotel. Would definately stay here again on my next visit!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of October 2005

What a find!!!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"This is a great little place to stay if you are in Ibiza. I booked through a large travel website and got a room in July for two people for $75 per night. The rooms are air conditioned with cool tile floors. Though sparse, it is perfect since you don't want to spend all your time in a hotel when you are in Ibiza anyway! We had two beds, plenty of light, en-suite bathroom and cable TV. What more do you need? The drapes kept out the bright sunlight when we decided to sleep till noon and the hotel is on a quiet street so other people and drivers shouldn't disturb you. It is three or four blocks from the beach, a very easy walk, and there is a Mexican restaurant right across the street. The guys at the front desk during the day are awesome and speak English, but I don't think the night shift man did. However, since all we did was check in, we didn't really need to talk that much anyway. Breakfast is served until noon, and includes the usual cold meats, breads and cereal, but they also offer to cook up eggs or breakfast meats if you would like. Though check out is noon, we were able to stash our bags in a storage room and even shower at seven that night before the taxi picked us up for our ten pm flight. Everyone was quite helpful, from the housekeeper when we needed a plug adapter, to the front desk guys when we asked about everything from day cruises to horseriding. I loved this small hotel and will definitely stay there when I return to Ibiza (hopefully next summer!)."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2005

Loved Marfil!

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"I stayed in the Marfil alone as all my friends were staying elsewhere, as I booked the holiday last minute. They were extremely helpful even before I got there, and I manged to book the week before I arrived in August over the phone.

The hotel is close to the West End in Sant Antonio but far enough away so that it avoids the loud noise if you want to sleep at night. Its a short walk away from the nearest beach and boat trips to nice beaches such as Calla Bassa, restuarants and the buses. Its an ideal location for everything, yet I recommend anyone walking back to the hotel at night to not walk alone as it can be abit too quiet and sometimes dangerous round the back streets.

The hotel is lovely, clean at all times, the cleaners are friendly and hard-working. The staff are nice and helpful. There is a free internet access point which is more often than not avaliable for use. I have no complaints about the breakfast provided, it was the same everyday but was always fresh and tasty. The room was prefect, thank god for the air con though, it was really hot. There was a huge TV. I didnt use the pool so I cant comment on that.

I recommend this hotel to anyone, its family friendly and is also good for younger people who go to Ibiza for clubbing. The reception is 24 hour and they didn't even mind me coming in at 8am dripping water everywhere from going swimming in the sea after a night out! I've stayed in a few other hotels in Ibiza and this is the best so far.

I'd definatly stay there again!"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of April 2005