Good

Don't be put off by the 'hostal' title!!

Reviewed Mon 19th of September 2011

"We stayed at Florencio for 4 nights in September 2011. 2 couples booked premium rooms, and 2 single lads booked a standard room. The premium rooms are well worth the extra money, but the standard rooms are still clean and comfortable.

The beds are very comfortable and the premium bathrooms are spacious, well equipped and maintained fantastically.

The reception desk is manned 24 hours a day, but there were never any raised eyebrows when bringing friends back!
The staff all seemed friendly and were happy to help whenever we needed something.

The walk to Kanya (which is a short seaside stumble from Cafe Mambo and Cafe Del Mar etc) is a straight right turn out of the hotel. If you take a left, you're 5 minutes from the West End. Es Paradis and Eden are around 7 minutes walk from the hotel.

Although most people staying at the hotel were young groups, I never had any issues with noise.

The pool area is quite small, but it's kept clean and there are plenty of sun loungers close to it. You can take your own beer around the pool, so long as you're not brazen!

The cafe attached to the hotel served a good variety of food and was very clean. They do good deals on cocktails as well! The cafe serve drinks that you can take to the pool as well.

There is a mini-market which serves alcohol and snacks directly opposite, which always seemed to be open when we needed it!

Although Florencio is described as a hostal, I have stayed in 3 & 4 star hotels in Ibiza which wouldn't even come close to this place!

In short, if you're looking for a central place to stay and want cleanliness, comfort and safety then Florencio is well worth booking.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of September 2011

Great for a small budget

Reviewed Mon 12th of July 2010

"Stayed at the Florencio with a friend during our weeks holiday in Ibiza.
As we did not pay alot, we werent expectin alot, but i can honestly say we were pleasently suprised.
From the moment we arrived the staff we polite and friendly. We paid for a safe, but our room did not have one. We informed the staff and without any fuss or delay we were moved rooms. We were actually upgraded at no extra cost as our new room was bigger, had a nice balcony view and a tv. The room itself was spotless and our bathroom very clean. We had fresh towels every day and our sheet changed twice throughout our visit.
Our package was bed and breakfast. Breakfast was nice, with a good selection to choose from.
The location was great. Only a few minutes walk from the west end and a lovely beach.
I highly reccommend the florencio, as its great value for money. More money to spend on daytime activities and goin out in the night, as after all you wont be spending much time indoor in Ibiza! "

• Travel date: Thu 8th of July 2010

Would Not Recommend to Anyone

Reviewed Mon 27th of July 2009

"I originally had high hopes for this hostel. They has a nice website promising balconies and tv's in each of the rooms with a 24 hour bar.

Our room was awful. We had originally asked for a room on the top floor and were put on the first floor. Our room had no balcony and no tv. Even though it says on the website that all of the rooms have TV's. The safe in our room didn't even work. When I asked about changing rooms we were told to check in the morning for availability. When we checked again a couple of days later we were put off again and told to check in another morning. When I checked again we were told the same thing. When I complained about the safe not working we were told there was a 3 euro charge for it. (Even though my friend had a "working" safe in his room which he was not charged for.) The bar was not open 24 hours a days as advetised. Apparently this was due to lack of people. I just wish this place would actually do as they advertise or change their website. The maid kept coming into our room without knocking so we had to get a do not disturb sign. This kept getting stolen. Our neighbors were really loud and up all hours banging on doors and playing music.

I know it's Ibiza, and I know it's a hostel. But this place was awful, the food was over priced and also awful. The only positives were the laundry service down the road and the cheaper locals restaurants down the road. A touch of authenticity would have been nice. "

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

The Worst Hotel You Can Image!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Hotel is disaster .I don’t know were they took the hotel picture on expedia and other agency advertising the hostel from, but is completely the opposite that they showing.
The room was depressing and nothing to compare with hostel picture
The room was REALLY REALLY BAD
The staff impolite rude not helpful at all
Noise all the time
Too many very young drunk people making noises 24 hour a day
Location not that great
I would never recommend it to anyone and I think the travel agency should check what they offering more often
The hostel is good just for group of 10 very young people who don’t care about anything but to get drunk and be almost all the time outside the hostel."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

noisy florencio

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"when me and my friend checked out the hostel on the net we thot it looked ok. however when we arrived we were shocked at the size of the tiny wee room we were expected to live for the next 2 weeks. no room to swing a cat and with 2 large suitcases in there as well we were tripping over ourleves. and im sure it was an old pair of curtains that were being used as a throw on on our beds. we had no aircon unless we were prepared to pay 6 euros p/n. (which in the end we had to do) we did have a balcony that faced onto the very busy, very very noisy street below.
the noise in this hostel was horrendous with people banging on doors and running around screeming all night long. Im sure i heard someone kicking a door in. and with allsorts of wierd music blasting out of most rooms. u cannot sleep in this hostel!!!!! the staff did nothing to stop the noise late at night and when i slamed the door once in the afternoon i got told off.
the noise from the street came from the emmence amount of motobikes, scooters and quadbikes that constantly flew by.

most of the hostel was clean but our room was not cleaned the whole time we were there and bedding was never changed, but we did get clean towels most days. we were the lucky ones as we had a toilet and shower in our room.

the staff were nice and could speak very good english. the food was ok. however they stop serving the free breakfast at 10am and not once did we make it in time.

the pool is small and shallow but clean.

a bonus is that it's very close to all the west end bars and just a short walk to the beaches.

this is defo a hostel and not a hotel and is, in my opinion, only suitable for a 1 or 2 night stay and certainly not for a fortnight
i would not go back!
PS. i did hear that the rooms on the top floor are very very nice!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

Florencio - Close to West End / Sunset Strip

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Hostal Florencio is in a perfect position in the heart of San Anonio town, a couple of blocks away from both the "West End" and the "Sunset Strip", but far enough away that you don't hear the noise!

The Hostal was refurbished in 2002, and is now trying for Hotel status, and let me tell you, its come a long way since i first stayed here in early 1999.

First of all they no longer take package holiday clients, all of the clients are of mixed age, i had a room between two teenage girls, and an elderly couple, and secondly, because of this, there was no noisiness at 6 in the morning when the clubs/pubs start to chuck people out.

The resturant has had a paint job, and is serving a more grown up menu, I ate here on the day i left and it was really good. The pool was cold (great on a hot day), and there were plenty of sunbeds on the sun terrace.

My room was basic, but had all the amenities that i needed, I had heard rumours that air-conditioning, and tv were both pay to use, but i didn't get asked about it, and both worked throughout my stay.

On my check-out day, I was given a room for an hour to shower and change in.

The hotel also has two pay-per use computer terminals at the back of the resturant, internet was incredibly fast, and was worth the money (2 euros = 1/2 hour).

I would certainly reccomend the Florencio to anyone wanting a good base in San Antonio,"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2007

The Bath Tub Effect.. Read On.

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"Well, what can i say, a good hotel?? well its better than the street...

On the night of arrival we were located a large air conditioned room with ensuite facilities, this room was superb and we looked forward to our time at Hotel Florencio.

We were informed the next morning that we were going to be upgraded to a “Superior” room. Great i thought!!

We moved into Room 318b, this room was appalling. There was no en suite facility. In fact we had to leave our room and cross the corridor to use the bathroom. The bathroom had no windows, extraction fans or floor drainage, so as you can imagine after a shower, the bathroom turns into a steam room, this posed a safety hazard as there was a build up of excess water on the floors.

Hotel Florencio is described to have Air conditioning in every room, (6 Euros per day) However,once again Room 318b did not live up to expectations.

Room 318b has NO air conditioning; in fact it is the only room in the hotel that does not have air conditioning.

After consulting with the staff, the lady on the front desk was surprised to hear that Room 318b did not have Air Conditioning,

I confronted her about this and I asked to be moved to an alternate room, taking into consideration we had no en suite bathroom facilities or Air Conditioning.

A room was unavailable and I was told we would have to stay in Room 318b, due to the hotel being fully booked.

When I asked what she will do about my complaint, she looked at me as if i was lying!

However, I was offered a small table fan at the cost of 10 Euros.

On a good note: the food is cheap and enjoyable and the bar staff are friendly, good location, small pool but spent most time at the beaches!

Recommend this one, just as long as you dont get Room 318B!

Take full advantage of the late check out!!"

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Cheap, Cheerful and a perfect holiday base

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I have just come back from spending 5 days at this hotel with my friend. I have to say, I was very impressed with this hostel/hotel,

Location wise, it was perfect. Close enough to all the action but not too close that you cannot get any sleep. It was only 10 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes walk to the West end where all the bars/clubs were.

We stayed in a deluxe room on the 4th floor and found it very quiet. The only draw back was that the lift was broken when we arrived so we had to hike our cases up all the stairs but the lift was quickly fixed so this didn't become an issue.

We stayed on a B&B basis but I would recommend room only if you could get it as it wasn't that great and there are plenty of places nearby that do a better and cheaper breakfast. There is also a supermarket a couple of doors up so you can always get more supplies.

In terms of the room itself, it was fairly clean, with a balcony, air con, a television, shower, wardrobe etc. We had a twin room and felt it was the ideal size (not too big or too small). We just used the room as a base to get changed and sleep in as we were mainly at the beach, bars/clubs or out and about so it was perfect for that. If you wanted something more luxurious, this is not the place for you.

Overall, I would recommend this place for the budget traveller who wants something in between a hostel and a hotel. It did exactly what it said on the tin.

P.S - there is a fantastic restaurant down the road called Restaurante Es Ventall. It looks it is in a little cave. Unfortuntely we only discovered it on our last night but had an amazing spanish meal, great value, and the food and service was fantastic so do check it out."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

Never again!!!

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Before I booked this hotel I checked reviews on numerous websites and thought it sounded alright, basic but thats all we wanted so I booked.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were told we couldn't check in until mid-day! After some time pleading with the receptionist we were given a key to a room, the room was more like a shoe box!
It was the smallest room I have ever had to stay in and it had no balcony just a small window which faced someone elses window and a wall! As we were unpacking we played some music which was not very loud and the receptionist came up and told us to turn our music off, which was not the case for all the other guests as they just run riot all night every night with no one saying a word to them. The only good thing about this hotel is the location it is near the west end, sunset strip and beaches it takes about 10 minutes walk once you know the right way to go.

I would only recommend this hotel to young people or people who want a cheap holiday and a cheap experience!"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of August 2007

Oh Dear!

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Well the review below says most things, but to add, we only stayed one night in the end. On arrival (late in the morning) we were given the key to someone elses room! Lock up your valuables, whatever you do!

After finally getting our own room, we were given a seperate set of keys for the bathroom accross the hall - no en-suite, and forever locking an unlocking doors just to go to the toilet in the night!!

The main reason we checked out was because the travel agent had miss sold us, booking us a self catering apartment, when there is no such thing at this hostel.

The man on reception had no clue whatsoever, and fobbed us off until the morning, when we asked the lady on reception the next day she was no help either, and would not let us use the reception phone to sort out the problem with the travel agent.

Eventually the travel agent refunded all our money (Travel Republic - fair play to them!) and we checked in to a hotel down the road.

What annoyed me the most was that the staff made no apology for the error, whoevers fault it was, they were not willing to help in any way.

'Hotel Orosol' (100 metres away) turned out to be brilliant! I thoroughly reccomend it, and actually worked out cheaper than the hole that is 'Florencio'."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

Noisy, Unclean & would never stay here again!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"When writing this review I did not know how actually to start it. I am sooooo disappointed that we booked this hotel.

Reading the couple of reviews on tripadvisor I thought we were in for somewhere basic and good value for money. Believe me I was not expecting anything too grand for the price we paid!! Just somewhere clean & safe we could crash after a night out & day on the beach................However the reality of this hotel is somewhat different! It's not managed this hotel (Hostel) in any way. Guests are allowed to run riot 24 hours a day with the management not doing a thing. We are a young couple (Mid's 20's) and went to Ibiza for the same as most people. However we did not get any sleep in this hotel. People play 'Knock and run' into the very early hours, Something which I thought bypassed most people after the age of 10. We had drunk people banging on our door at 5am.

The cleaning in non existent. Not sure that the sheets we once changed in our 10 day stay. The cleaner would literally dump a few towels, ruffle the sheets and that's it. Not even replacing the loo roll so we had to steal it from the hotel bar loo's!!

The noise outside the hotel is also constant with drunks shouting & screaming until normally 7am.

Breakfast, Well sweet lord it was cold, Crap & dreadful. The coffee was cold. The milk for Cornflakes' warm. Completly inediable.

Hotel swimming pool, Gave my partner an ear infection and me a nasty rash all over my arms. No supervision.

The key card for the room failed on 8 occasions during our stay. With us having to go down to reception all the time and get it re-activated. A/C in the room- However you have to pay and extra 10 euros a night for them to turn it on.

The previous reviewer said this Hotel does not book Package holiday. Wrong!!!! They do....

I would never ever ever ever stay in this hotel again, I would not recommend anyone to stay here. This hotel needs to seriously look at the way this hotel is 'run'."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

TOP MARKS!! A lovley chilled out and relaxing near all the action

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"the florencio is now actually known as a "sports hotel" as it was completly refurbished early this year. it is very practical and is styled like a travel lodge hotel inside, but in a spanish way.
you get clean, fresh,card key rooms with automatic locking, very comfortable and good-sized beds, simple but stylish decor and the place gives you an overall impression of cleaniness and efficency.
The florencio does not book in package holidaymakers so you get a great mix of people and different nationalities. when we were there you had spanish,irish, italian, japenese, german, americian and english.
If your big into cycling then you will love this place its owners run the whole scene on the island, and is a great meeting place for cyclists. They made us feel very welcome especially if you make the effort to speak some spanish.
It has its own pool, and they are building a gym and sauna this winter, internet and playstation screens were available also. not all rooms are air conditioned but you could rent units for 6euro per night
All in all the florencio is excellant value at 20euro per person per night and repersents a hard working hotel that is really trying to improve its image and reflect a new style of spanish hotel.
The hotel is located in the residential part of san antonio, so its not too noisey but only 10mins walk from cafe mambo, sunset strip and 5mins walk to town center.If you want to sleep in the mornings and relax this is a place for you. not suitable for families though, more the indepandant traveller and couples."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

Hotels near Florencio Hostal

Top traveller tips for Florencio Hostal

• CH15 by CH15

"Great value, would go back again! "

• ElBee by ElBee

"Bring plenty of money (the clubs charge 10 euros + for drinks!) and make the most of the West End drink deals. "

Florencio Hostal is also called