Las Perlas Aparthotel

C/. Burgos, 19 , San Antonia Bay , San Antonio Bay , Ibiza , Balearic Islands , Spain , Europe

hangin hotel

"My husband and i visited Las Perlas in July 2007, it was a well deserved holiday and we were both looking forward to it. On landing in Ibiza we were shown to our coach and from there travelled to San Antonio Bay. The Thomson rep on the bus was only interested in the customers that had come to ibiza soley to get drunk, the few families on the bus who had obviously come for a nice holiday were totally ignored. As each family got off the bus to their hotel, the rep gave his opinion as to how he rated the accommodation, which we felt was unappropriate. Heaven knows what he said when we got off!!!!
On arriving at our hotel, we were extremely surprised at the ramshackle building that was to be our home for the next two weeks!
The rooms were unclean, with insects scuttering along the floor, the fan did not work and was supported by a kitchen fork. We never saw a maid in all the time we were there, my husband even had to brush up glass from the disgusting yard outside our patio doors because someone from above had thrown a tumbler and it had smashed right outside our room - reception was not interested in dealing with it.
We even had a visitor in the bathroom one morning, proudly sat beside the toilet was a resident of Las Perlas in form on a mutant cockroach! We saw many live insects running along the corridors during our stay.
The security guard of the hotel was more interested in talking to the local teenagers than protecting the hotel.
We booked as half board but only managed to eat twice in the hotel, many of the food dishes on offer were labeled as one thing but turned out to be something else, beef pie is definatly not chicken pie!!
We did ask to be moved, but the rep said he didn't have anything better to move us too, he was helpful at times, and did manage to move us to the floor above which was a little better and with not so much wildlife.
This hotel totally ruined our holiday and we felt extremely upset that we had paid full price for a disgusting flea ridden pit.
I would not recommened anyone stay in this hotel!

• Travel date: Sun 29th of March 2009

Booked six days before we arrived. We ha...

"Booked six days before we arrived. We had a fantastic time, the hotel was basic but very clean and anna and her staff couldnt have been more friendly and helpful. I had my 14 yr old daughter and my 78 yr old mother with me and enjoyed every minute. We are hoping to return in 2008."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of February 2008

Just arrived back home from Le Perla aft...

"Just arrived back home from Le Perla after 2 fantastic weeks. The hotel was fantastic! All our needs were exceeded, the staff are so friendly and helpful, anything we required we received, we had no problem with noise fom any bars as most were quiet from 12/1am .

We found the pool lovely and relaxing and not too busy, fantastic for families with young children just starting to swim. The bar and restaurant was open until the early hours but kept quiet.

The room was spacious, cleaned regularly and had 2 verandas which was great as we had 4 sharing the room. The kitchen facilities were great, everything required was there. The bathroom was large with a big window that could be open wide or shuttered if in the shower etc.

We really can't say anything bad about this hotel as we had a great time and were made to feel very welcome.

Thank you so much for everything and we will see you next year. "

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of August 2007

This hotel was ok but there are much bet...

"This hotel was ok but there are much better ones in Ibiza I think. The rooms were not much to look at but I suppose they did serve their purpose. The maids were not as friendly in this place they moaned at a 3year old for bringing some tiny grain of sands into the room. Crazy seeing as the place was not the Ritz.

I tried the food a couple of times and it was ok, however Ibiza is so cheap that I ate out most of the time as the entertainment in the bars is great so I ventured out every night.

I would not come back here as I have stayed at much better places.

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

Firstly I must say the staff here were f...

"Firstly I must say the staff here were fine, friendly, helpful etc. Our problem was the ramshackle apartment, minging would be an understatement. We are a family with 3 young children; our daughter was 11 months at the time.

We've been on quite a few package holidays, mainly Spanish, and usually the apartments are nice and modern, clean, with heavy varnished wood doors and furniture. These were more like something from the 70's, mouldy, torn furnishings, dodgy locks, cupboards falling apart, musty bathroom with flaky paint and no ventilation.

Basically avoid these apartments if you want a good holiday as you will be disappointed as soon as you arrive. Not to mention the weird insects (silverfish I think) running across the bed. Also our cot was dangerous and falling apart, we asked for a replacement several times and eventually got one halfway through the week (had to bodge ours up with a belt and some string). Didn't see the pool cleaned once and by the end of the week there was a collection of scum and debris in the corners.

Decent bar and staff, entertainment ok. We may have just been unlucky with the room and to be honest if you just want a place to crash it'll be fine, just don't go on a family holiday here!!

• Travel date: Mon 19th of March 2007

This hotel is pretty basic. I was on the...

"This hotel is pretty basic. I was on the ground floor with a small garden and the room had old fashion furniture which has seen better days.

It was very hot in August as you would expect. The room only had a basic fan which was very very noisy and useless. It was far too hot and impossible to sleep, day or night! In fact most people were catching on their sleep by the pool.

The faulty fridge could barely cool the food and drinks! The room was cleaned every 2 to 3 days and the beddings changed only once in a week. The cleaning staff were friendly.

All night long the security guard walks round with his torch. I didn't try the food there, but was told it was ok.

The narrow main road next to hotel was quite busy all day long with mopeds, cars, buses, and people. You could buy all your bottled water and emergency food, etc. in the shops next door to the hotel as well as hire a car. But bear in mind, parking is a big problem there and I have found that the traffic warden seems to be up and about quite early.

It is possible to walk to San Antonio but not during the day when it is too hot and it would take at least 35 minutes. Crossing the San Antonio Bay by the boat was the best.

At the moment this hotel is only suitable for people who spend the night partying and only need a place to leave their belongings.

I don't think it is suitable for families with small children, certainly not between June and September because there is no Air Conditioning. "

• Travel date: Tue 19th of December 2006

We stayed here for 2 weeks we thought th...

Good

"We stayed here for 2 weeks we thought the hotel rooms was very clean. Ours got cleaned every 2 days.

The staff were really wonderful, we got on really well nothing was any trouble for them.

The food was a bit cold at times but we got by. I would well recommend this hotel to any one, just remember it’s not Harrods that’s all.

We would come back any time, me and the family. Also the pool area was very clean so was the pool."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of December 2006

After booking our holiday in October 05...

"After booking our holiday in October 05 for August 06 our family was looking forward to our summer holiday and celebrating a 40th birthday. After landing in Ibiza airport and being transferred to our destination we were appalled to find this was our hotel for the next two weeks.

On arrival there was no organisation, our party was for twelve people needing four rooms, the rooms were not correct, The travel agents paperwork was correct the hotels was not, as a result people ended up sleeping in different relatives rooms as it was now 6.30am. As our holiday progressed towels and bedding were not changed or amended for the appropriate number of people staying in the rooms, this was requested on many occasions.

The maids came to clean the rooms everyday but Thursday and Sunday they spoke broken English but were friendly its just a shame they didn’t actually clean the rooms instead of what looked like them throwing bleach down the toilet to make you think that they did, you couldn't walk from one end of the apartment to the other with no shoes on otherwise your feet would be black and the bathroom was full of ants and mould.

Please get plenty of food in you will need to feed the burglars and don’t worry if you forget to leave them your key they have their own! Two of our four rooms were burgled with a number of items stolen, including money (there was no point putting it in the safe as this could be lifted out of the cupboard.) Being very distressed our family went to inform the rep his reply while shrugging his shoulders was "go report it to the police" giving no indication or directions as to where the police station was, he was more interested in making money out of the teenage clubbers.

The hotel managers attitude to the situation was "What do you want me to do, build a castle?." nice eh? The security guard started work at 12.30am and was more interested in the internet than the hotel.

Our family paid almost six thousand pounds on a hotel that is not safe, falling apart with very unfriendly staff. This family will not be returning to the las perlas aparthotel. (you may have already guessed).

• Travel date: Mon 4th of September 2006

These apartments should be condemned! Th...

"These apartments should be condemned! They are dirty, musty, the curtains are torn and water stained. The bathrooms are appalling, rusty tin baths, peeling paint on the tiles, the toilets flush for anything up to 4 hours. The wardrobes are falling apart, the beds have fallen apart.

Our maid service was disgraceful, 1 change of bedding in 14 nights, towels changed 3 times, other times they pretended to change the towels, the only way to guarantee fresh towels is take them from the cleaners trolley. The pool area is grassed and covered in cat/dog mess. Other than the maids the staff are friendly but there is no way this is a 3 star hotel.

Reviews on other sites are more accurate and I can only assume that the reviews here are those of people who only want a bed and don't notice anything else. We go on 4 holidays a year with various tour operators and have never experienced anything close to these apartments before."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

I just got back from 2 weeks in Ibiza an...

"I just got back from 2 weeks in Ibiza an I loved it so much I’m already looking to book for next year, the holiday was an 18th birthday present and I went with a friend and her family and I loved every minute of it, there were kids with us as well as adults an there was plenty for all to do.

The night entertainment in the hotel was so much fun I stayed in most nights, the best shows were the lord of the dance and the passion show which I would recommend to anyone.

The restaurant was very nice and there was a wide range to choose from.

The hotel view was amazing it was over the beach and at night with all the boats out it was beautiful.

The hotel rooms are plain but still comfortable to stay in.

I was never bored because there’s the pool, the beach is 15 seconds away with loads of water sports available, there are several pool tables and other games such as ping pong an air hockey, the shops are literally round the corner an there is a bus stop out side.

The pubs were good fun for all ages because many had entertainment for kids.

The staff were so friendly and helpful I was very sad to leave most of them as I became good friends.

The hotel does many things involving prizes and between the lot of us we won 7 bottles of champagne 3 t-shirts an all the kids got certificates for the different activities such as archery and ping pong.

Definitely the best holiday I have ever been on."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of September 2006

Hmm. Ibiza. Have to admit it wasn't my f...

"Hmm. Ibiza. Have to admit it wasn't my first choice for a family holiday...
What a fantastic week! The apartment was huge and clean. There were fans in each room to circulate the hot night air. The layout of the hotel was great - lovely clean pool area, plenty of sun beds, tables and chairs in the sun and the shade, large inside area with seats / tables etc.

Snacks available from bar, waiter service inside and out etc etc. All the staff were friendly and funny. Kids mini disco was a scream - especially as families came and went. Evening entertainment was superb - from pop quiz to Riverdance - something for everyone! We also booked an excursion to the water park and were surprised to find that the price also included lunch.

Don't miss a trip across the bay, or how about a 2 hour land train journey with a crazy driver? Find him near the egg in San Antonio. Food is plentiful. Try the Amsterdam restaurant across the road. You can have Chinese, Indian, Italian or steaks etc all at the same table - very handy for my fussy son!

Anyway - I loved every minute of our week. We lounged by the pool, the kids made friends and joined in the archery / table tennis / pool competitions by day and surfed the internet between entertainment at night.

We had a great family holiday - I'd recommend Las Perlas for location, size, comfort, amenities and entertainment.

• Travel date: Thu 24th of August 2006

A party of 8 of booked this holiday 6 we...

Good

"A party of 8 of booked this holiday 6 weeks before departure, and I must admit the moment I paid my money and read any reviews, I knew it was too late and we had made a wrong choice!

I am writing this review at the accommodation we are staying at. My problems are this holiday does not meet what it says on the tin for the following reasons:
There are no snacks for the children all day - only between 3.30 - 4.30 from the restaurant
The bar does close at 11.00pm and not 12midnight as advised. You have to pay for drinks from 11pm - this is not all inclusive to me The entertainment for children is poor - not a good venue for families with children.

Check reviews before you travel. This was a great holiday, the resort has two lovely beaches and is absolutely great for public transport - we got round practically the whole Island by bus visiting the different towns and doing lots of shopping, going to lots of different attractions etc - it meant that there was so much more available then just laying by the beach - which is also nice! You should try and get the bus into Santa Eulalia for the shopping and visit San Antonio for the aquarium that is in a cave - is really nice! The boat trips Thomson offer are great - you absolutely MUST, MUST do the boat trip which goes to Fortmentura a small Island near Ibiza, you get dropped off there for around three hours - the beach is the most amazing beach I’ve ever seen - it's like paradise - and there's no one there - its absolutely beautiful.

La Perla is a really nice place to stay, the staff are great and the rooms are really well equipped - it has a proper front room with dining table and separate bedroom bathroom - proper self catering facilities. The pool isn't very nice and is often in shade but with the beaches being as lovely as they are it doesn't really matter.

You can't go without visiting at least one of the big clubs, Amnesia was great, had a really relaxed feel, everyone was just having a laugh, no aggression or fighting or anything like that and the music was amazing - drinks very, very, very expensive though!

A really great holiday, would definitely recommend it!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of August 2006

Hotels near Las Perlas Aparthotel

Stayed at Las Perlas Aparthotel? Share your insight.

Las Perlas Aparthotel is also called