Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza

Calle S'Embarcador, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza Spain

Good

Family Annual Holiday

"Fantastic Hotel in excellant location. Food well presented. Rooms - Standard but exceptionally clean. Staff friendly and polite. Pool and childrens play area well maintained.Lots of activities available throughout the day. Evening entertainment standard but O.K. We (2 Adults and 1 child) have enjoyed this hotel annually for the last 6 years and we're looking forward to another relaxing holiday this year?
Lot's to do in surrounding area. Pedaloes, Boat trips etc Lots of information at hotel reception."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007

Brilliant Hotel great food fab staff

"I have visited this hotel in JUne 1969 September 200 and May 2001 each time it has been very good. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The buffet style breakfast and meals are excellant - well cooked and great choice. The rooms all have great views, and are kept clean by attentive staff.The Situation next to the sea is unbeatable. Entertainment excellant. I would eeccommend it to anyone and everyone."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of November 2006

manners cost nothing

"The hotel itself was ok the rooms were kept clean every day the cleaners were polite and helpful. The view from our room was nice apart from a great big tree. The lifts were scary and my 14 yr old son actually got stuck between floors with the doors wide open luckily he had the sense not to try and climb out and wait for help after that we used them as little as possible wich was hard as we have a 13 month old son. The food was awful although the german tourists seemed to enjoy it judging by the way they bardged by people old and young just to get to it. The resturant staff were nice and polite but it did get tedius having to sign for every drink whilst trying to eat the slop they call food. The bar staff were ignorant, rude and went out of there way to make you wait as long as possible for your drinks and made you feel you were trying to steal them when they finally decided you'd waited long enough to serve you. We went all inclusive but the bar staff seemed to think there should be a limit on how much drinks we could have even though we were paying extra for premium lager and pop for the kids. The stuff that came with being all inclusive was undrinkable and smelt like it came out of the urinal. The pool area was dirty with broken glass on the floor so we spent our days on the nearby beach infact we spent as much time as possible away from the hotel including eating and drinking only then did we get service you'd expect being a paying customer. all in all its not a place i will be visiting again and advize you not to strongly if you like to be treat with respect."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of October 2006

ABSOLUTELY CRAP!!!!!

"Just arrived back from the Hawaii two days ago, well where do I start, or lets not beat around the bush, it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, and believe me Ive stayed in some.

We go to Ibiza every year and always, always stop at the Hotel Arenal just round the corner, boy do I wish we had gone there this month. We decided to go all inclusive for a change and take our friends, well their all inclusive and our all inclusive were totally different, the bar staff are appauling, no manners and they are so abrupt and not kid friendly at all, they even told us off for drinking too much beer!!!!! Hello we are all inclusive, its paid for, they wouldnt serve us, totally disgusting. The restaurant staff were a little better you could have a laugh with them, but not by much. When you first check in you get given an ID card which you have to show everywhere, bar, dining room, god and when you order at the bar you have to show you card aswell, this takes up loads of time and you have to sign for what you have had, nightmare. It would be so much easier to give you a coloured band to wear, so much easier.

Oh and dont get me started on the lifts, one of our party got stuck in one, they were always playing up, 2 lifts 7 floors, we ended up walking most of the time down 5 flights, nobody could say we didnt get excercise on this holiday.

So basically Ive had my moan, I hope it helps some of you to stay away cos believe me you should!!!!

So to sum it up if you like Germans as the hotel was full of them and you like being treated with no respect, then go you will enjoy, otherwise you have been warned!!!!! Never again, we will always go back to the Arenal, excellent hotel such a great service and great view of the bay."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of October 2006

Great Hotel........ shame about the queues

Good

"My wife & I . in our middle 50's have just returned from a 10 night stay (A.I) at the Hawaii. ( Sep27-Oct 7) and had a very good time.
At this hotel. The room was cleaned every day and as for sea views. we worked out that almost every room has a sea view from its balcony. we were at the back on top floor but had agreat view of "Paradis" & "Eden and the whole of the inner bay. Other's could see the local beach or the outer harbour and the sunsets. The entertainment program was more than ok and the team worked hard to get as many guests to join in as wanted too.
FOOD. the food at Hawaii is more than adequate and as varied as we have seen in many other (A.I.) hotels. you dont have to eat out and you will not starve. just accept that it's a different culture with slightly different ideas of "normal"
the local beach is just a couple of steps away and is FANTASTIC .warm waters gently sloping shallow area where little fishes will gather around your feet . far better that the too deep pool. my wife can't swin and was too self conscious to go in the kiddies pool
Would we go back to the Hawaii . Definitely.
It is an international hotel most guests are either British, German, Spanish or Dutch. so the daily bingo from the fantastic drinky drinky, drunky drunky , wobbly wobbly. ABBY . takes a little longer with the numbers called out in 3 or 4 language's
IS THERE A DOWNSIDE
unfortunatly yes. QUEUES.
the management of this hotel and possibly other's in the chain want everthing accounted for. if at the bar you order your drinks pick them up just about to walk away and NO you are called back, you must sign a little till slip with your room number . even a 30 mil bottle of water must be signed for.. this leads to delays and queue's at the only operating bar in the evenings the same in the dining room you get a slip to be signed for if (A.I.) . if Half board then the waiters fill in your form and you pay as you leave the room. more queues.
but even with the queues we would still return"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

one week of peace

"My wife and i have just retured from a weeks stay at the hotel, and we found it to be fantastic. The rooms were of a high standard, clean,neat and tidy, the food was great a very good selection and plenty of it. The staff where very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated in the middle of the bay area and is right on the beach so if the pool is busy you just cross the road to beach, and swim in the sea. This won,t be the last time that we stay here it was brillant"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

Excellent location

"My wife and I have just returned from Hotel Hawaii, and what a great location! Less than ten yards to the beach. If you are lucky enough to get a sea view room the views are spectacular. Do not miss the sunsets! Htel was clean and comfortable, rooms a good size with comfortable beds. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN ACCESS TO THE TV REMOTE. Channel 10 is not blocked but must not be seen by any children, if you get what i mean!!!
Restaurant was o.k. Plenty of choice, but for me the best meal was breakfast. Always a good old English fry up available and being buffet style there was plenty of it. Plenty of tea , coffee and juice available, although we had to queue at times.
The only down side to the hotel were the lifts....very small, and not always working.
The pool is quite small,and there is not much for young children, apart from a few machines outside the restaurant.
The bar staff could do with a smile or two occassionally, and were quite abrupt when you eventually got served.
There is plenty going on in the area , and the town is only 15 mins walk away,so if you are looking for a comfortable base this would be ideal....."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

hotel ok food very ordinary

"Lawlor family Wexford Ireland.

Six of us stayed at the Hawaii,Mam,Dad,teenage daughter rest middle twenties Rooms 411,409,404 Sept8th to Sept 15th The location of the hotel is excellent right on the beach also pool area very nice ,clean and well maintained.the rooms were also spotless and well maintained as were the public areas in the hotel.The evening meal in the dining room was very ordinary and was not what we expected,all of us ended up eating out in restaurants after only three evenings.We the parents stayed on a half board basis while the others stayed all inclusive.it was not possible to order a glass of house wine with the evening meal it had to be a bottle or nothing.On one occasion my daughter ordered a glass and received a bottle as did my son.My daughter poured her dad a glass from her bottle and on leaving the restaurant was repremanded by head waiter,I had left the restaurant and was in the bar when this happened,on hearing same I returned to the restaurant and paid for the wine.I think this whole episode was petty and unnecessary and dissappointing. If we were to return to the Hawaii it would be on a bed and breakfast only. Apart from the food the only real problem we had were with the lifts which never worked efficently
This could be a fantastic hotel if the problems in the restaurant were sorted out and I for one would have given it a much higher rating if not for the food and attidude of the restaurant staff.The entertainment was good and the "Bingo Bongo Man " was a great craic. I found the rest of the staff efficent and friendly."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

Not what we expected

"Was there in August 2006 for two weeks vacation with my family.
The hotel lifts were very small and there were only two of them. When we arrived in our room (517) we found the beds were smaller than to be expected but the view was splendid. It was hard to sleep as the music from the entertainment below was very loud and did not stop until after 12.00.
The food in the hotel was excellent with a large variety every meal.
The pool was tiny and we found the sunloungers to be uncomfortable. There were sun umbrellas provided however.
The hotel was in easy walking distance to shops,bars and restaurants in the local area.
Overall the hotel was ok but not what we expected it to be."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of September 2006

great location

"great hotel,clean tidy,food was brilliant wide range of food of top quality.even my two sons enjoyed there food.entertainment was great,but make sure you dont want to go to bed early if your faceing the sea because you can hear it loudly in your room,luckly my sons will sleep through anythink!!
only downside to hotel hawaii was having to queue for sunbeds in a morning as they didnt open until 9.ooam it was a mass riot to get a bed!!!we always managed to get 1.
it is a lovely place for familys and couples to go would definetly go again.hotel staff was helpful.

the island was altogether good plenty to do for young and old.great water sports.
all in all a really good holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Intertur Hawaii Ibiza - Fantastic holiday

"We have just returned from a fantastic week’s holiday at the Hotel Hawaii, Ibiza.

The reviews were great on here and it certainly lived up to it. From the moment we arrived the reception staff were friendly and helpful, and this continued. There wasn’t a single member of staff that didn’t smile and say hello.

The food was lovely, always a variety of salads, starters, meat dishes, fish, pastas, desserts etc. In between meal times snacks are available, such as biscuits, crackers, cheeses, meats, salad. You really could spend your whole holiday eating if you wanted to!

We stayed on an all inclusive basis so the children could also have ice Lolly’s and ice-cream from the bar.

The Hawaii has a kids club, which is a small room which looks quite babyish (our kids are 6 and 8) but when a few kids around the same age went in they all really enjoyed it and did different activities such as coloring, dancing, darts, bowling etc. The children got a star for each comp-petition they won and if they got 10 stars they got a medal.

There is a small park on site, which the kids loved.
There were daytime competitions for the adults as well, the usual sort of thing, dart, boules, archery etc. Lots of people got involved and it was a great way to meet people.
There wasn’t many sunbeds available around the pool in the morning but by mid afternoon there were plenty, it was a little annoying that people seemed to reserve the loungers for hours in the morning without using them.

The terrace area is huge, and was always lots of seating available; we didn’t mind too much not getting a lounger as we sat on a chair on the terrace instead.

Our room was great, we expected the usual size room with 2 extra beds squashed in but our room was big, with an extra area for the children’s bed. There was also a fridge which was great. The balcony was fairly small but we wouldn’t have used it if it was any bigger anyway!

All in all we had a fantastic week and I can’t really think of anything negative to say about the hotel. Wonderful.

• Travel date: Sat 31st of May 2014

fantastic,just brilliant

"we just got back from spending a week at the hawaii,me, my hubby and our 10yr old daughter.we all absolutley loved it. spotless hotel,fresh towels and bedding everyday. spotless resturaunt, plenty of food choices,fantastic waiting on tables by the lovely staff. its was brilliant all round, absolutley Faultless, and a bonus that its set right on the beach. we'l deffinately be back and cant recommend this hotel enough. an ideal family holiday hotel. Thankyou Hotel Hawaii, keep up the good work :-)"

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2011

Hotels near Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza

Stayed at Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza

• vikiandmick by vikiandmick

"A bar to visit its a must is BAR ME about a 15 min walk in the oposite direction to san an town "

• vikiandmick by vikiandmick

"again for food bar me is great for food "

• Kel&co by Kel&co

"Hire a car for a day to explore the island. "

• Jue by Jue

"The promenade was lovely, we walked right into the bay "

Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza is also called