Hotel San Remo

C/Cala de Bou, n0 32 Bahía San Antonio, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza Spain

not a 3 star book another hotel

"1 sep 07
just returned fm a wk at this hotel with my friend and her 2 boys !
booked a singleroom when i tried 2 open the door i couldnt get in 4 the double bed was in the way went 2 the bathroom same there couldnt get throu the door the fridge was in there so when u sat on the toilet u had 2 turn on one side.Went to reception 2 ask 4 another room said was fully booked come back tomorrow went back guess wot no rooms the reception staff very rude dont care about yr problems.Towels are not left in yr rooms everyday u av 2 go 2 reception i asked 4 two was only allowed 1 !!! none for the tiled floor not to mention water flowing out of the shower.
Breakfast there was only 1 juice and tea machine 2 cater 4 2 hotels so after queing at toast machine you dont expect 2 que 4 drinks.The hotel is joined by a bridge 2 another hotel which my friend was in this looks a better hotel if open and running properly.THERE IS NO JACUZI not open yet .If you want good service and polite staff go else where ."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of September 2007

hotel that is not recommended...

"I contracted through an agency the services of the hotel San Remo in Ibiza during one week. Since one was making accompanying by more three persons (family) I asked that was done the reserve of two joined rooms. Which my fright when I reached the hotel and repair that the two rooms were very distant one of another (each one in the tip of an extensive corridor). I asked in the reception if one of the rooms could be altered in order that they were joined but, in spite of they had promised to do it in the second night, to the end of my stay nothing was even done. It is important to tell that was not for lack of available rooms (I saw that the next rooms were empty the next day) but for lack of will in serving the clients.

After to rise to the rooms I came across problems the cards that were serving of key to the rooms: one was not opening the door and other was not allowing to light the light. I was two times to the reception and they told me that the cards were shut down. It will be that they had been forgotten? While entering in the room I wanted to tie the TV and repaired that it was not working. I went to the reception and it was told me that it was necessary to pay 10€ for having access to the command that was allowing to tie the TV (without command the TV not work). This situation is at least strange as soon as in the publicity booklet it is been said that the TV is included in the service. It seems that it is not true!

In this first night I spoke to the reception to know if it was possible to exchange the rooms as I asked before. Then, the director of the hotel called me to his office and in a very aggressive tone he said that it was full of the problems that we were lifting and that the best was we changed of hotel (after receiving the payment !!!). I use this opportunity to say that in the bathroom of each room there was only one glass (for two persons) to what the director answered me that the hotel was lacking resources and that was not an aparthotel and yes in a hotel. Will it be that the clients of the hotels have no right to hygiene? It is important to tell that this man told not to realize my language (Portuguese), for what I have to speak in French to be understood in Spain. Since one is known, the Spanish is not so so different from the Portuguese, for what had to exist was a lack of will in realizing the claims. It is still important to note the extreme lack of education tells for part of this man who having an elevated post in the hotel should be more cordial and polite.

At the level of a staff of the reception it is of detaching the worst service done to the clients, be for the lack of sympathy and education, be for the lack of formation for the post.

At the level of the rooms they were little cleaning (powder, dirty towels and up to cockroaches!) and the furniture is lightly degraded. Besides, it was not given shampõ not even toilet soaps.

As for the food, there was little variety, every day it was always the same food. Besides, they were fried only.

In conclusion, I felt very much disappointed with the service of this hotel that did not have to pass of two stars. More than the lack of physical resources, the worst went to lack of education of a director and of the reception. They appeared completely disinterested of the well-being of the clients, treating them like numbers in the statistic of occupation of the hotel and not like persons. In eve of coming though I asked the book of claims in the hotel but it was told me that they had not and they gave me leaves photocopied in order to write. Besides, while I was writing the claim two receptionists were speaking with an Italian guest about the size of my claim and laughing. It is pity these persons do not have the sufficient intelligence to realize that even being a Portuguese I manage to understand Spanish and Italian and that I noticed the jocular tone used to describe my claim.

I wope that this report of my experience serves to other people to think well before opting for this hotel to pass on holidays. If you want to avoid to be mistreated DOES NOT GO for this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of August 2007

great hotel

Good

"was relocated to the san remo as original hotel was overbooked. was upgraded to all inclusive so cant complain. hotel was very clean and our twin room was spacious with excellent bathroom. restaurant was clean, airy and large, never had trouble getting a table and the head waiter was multi-lingual, helpful and very professional. I am very fussy when it comes to food and apart from the breakfasts which caters mainly for italians the food was varied, well cooked and presented, we ate lunch and dinner at the hotel 5 days out of seven, a first for us. rooms where cleaned every day and towels where in plentiful supply. pool area very clean and you can also use the pool at its sister hotel next door. all inclusive drinks where not limited so you could get as many drinks as you could carry also never had to que. balconies are pretty small but adequate. ask for a sea view as the view into the bay and town is spectacular. only downside was the extremely rude receptionist and the lack of entertainment. would cerainly stay at the san remo again."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of August 2007

Nightmare Hotel

"Where do I start? I went with a family of four, 2 adults and 2 kids. They gave us a room right next to the bar. Music blares from 10am in the morning to 11pm at night. We had paid for a room for 4 and got 1 double bed and a fold down bed so my youngest child had to sleep in the middle of our bed. When we went down to change they said fully booked and when we explained the noise they were not interested.

Reception staff very rude and unhelpful. We tried to get a safety deposit box and were told to come back three diffrent times in the end didn't get one. I witnessed one couple try to change their room as they didn't get the sea view they were promised. They threatened to leave and demanded their money back and the receptionist was actually smirking as the manager told them that wasn't possible.

The food I wouldn't give it to my dog, it was cold and was same every day and of very poor quality. My son had ribs one night and was sick all over the room, including his pillow. Asked for another pillow and none appeared.

We stayed for a week and they didn't even change the bed sheets and only changed the towels once when I had to go and find a maid. The floor of the apartment was so dirty, one night I had to go and get a mop and clean it myself.

Air conditioning was pathetic. They have a fridge in the room but only give you one card to open the door and access the power to the room. So when you take the card to go out the fridge turns off as does the air conditioning.

On the second last day we asked to keep our room on for the last day, as our flight was at 2am and we had to leave our rooms by 12pm. We were told to come back the next morning and when we did we were refused so had to get ready in the lobby toilets with shower so everyone comes in to the toilet while your trying to get ready on a wet floor.

On the whole a very poor hotel would rate this two star and I hope this review would prevent others from going."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of July 2007

Disgraceful

"Checked in & found the staff to be very unhelpful, they were not able to process my credit cards for the room. Used them prior in Italy & Germany with no issues. I booked a double room & was given a twin on the 2nd floor near the lifts & stair wells overlooking the hotel entrance. Went back to reception & asked politely if there were any rooms facing the water, the reply was a stern 'NO'.

I was quite surprised that I had to pay 10 euros as a security deposit for the remote control of the TV. It wasn't good enough that I had actually paid for the room, maybe the TV was an extra.
I was given 3 bath mats & no towel, the water pressure in the shower was non existent. I had to run around the shower to get wet. Tried a bath, but alas the bath plug did not fit. Had to get a glass to make a vacuum seal over the plug hole to stop the water from running out.'

There is no information at all in the room regarding hotel facilities, even how to use the phone. On check in you are given a one page document, very basic just with breakfast times & what time the room must be vacated on check out. Other information on there is useless.

Had breakfast included, boy that was a mistake. I have never seen such a poorly organised buffet breakfast. Very little choice & not very hot.

Travelling from Australia & working in hospitality I would have expected a lot better customer service. Attention to details is not this hotels strong point. Sadly this was the worst part of my european trip. On the web they advertise they have english speaking staff, I beg to differ. A lovely island, great diving but a very poor hotel & services.

If you are thinking of booking San Remo I would suggest that you look elsewhere to try & find better value for your money."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of June 2007

Honest Opinion

"Danny Langton, Chester

My girlfriend and I stayed on an al inclusive basis for 1 week from 20/06/07.

Room- 10/10

The room was fantastic and had a jacuzzi bath, great view of the bay and a plasma tv (although we only had Sky News!!). The room was cleaned each day and new towels provided when you needed them.

Facilities- 3/10

Table Tennis. That was it. It advertised a theatre and a Jacuzzi but us many people that travel in May weren't privileged enough to use these facilities. It really annoys me because there were plenty of people but they use the excuse that we are 'out of season'. May? Out of season??

There was also a pool table that was on a slant with no chalk!

Night Entertainment- 1/10

Like Karaoke? Like singing acts? Like fun and games? Yes? You won't like it here then! There was absolutely nothing to do at night in the hotel and I even had to ask the bar staff and reception to put a CD on! There was a 'Animation' team who look after the activities and entertainment and my partner and I seen them twice drinking in the hotel next door and doing absolutely nothing.

Food- 3/10

I thought the food was ok but my partner hated it. Fair enough, there was no choice at all and we ate out 6/7 days for evening meal and 6/7 days for breakfast. You shouldn't have to do that when you go all inclusive but we didn't want the same boring thing each night.

No snacks throughout the day although there was some horrible leftover croissants from the buffet on the bar area.

Location- 9/10

We had a great sea view and the hotel was located in a good area. It had bars and restaurants on its doorstep with plenty of shops. The area was not a clubbing area but you could get the short sea taxi for 2 euros each to the main strip of San An.

Drinks/ Bar- 10/10

The best part of the All Inclusive! The drinks were great- Estrella Lager, all spirits, good named mixers (Coca Cola, Fanta, etc). The thing is though, we didn't want to stay in and take advantage of the 'free' drinks because the nightlife in the hotel was so poor!

Reception- 5/10

Called me a taxi. That was about it. Looked at me funny when I wanted the Table Tennis bats and when I asked for some music on in the bar!

Staff- 8/10

The bar staff were very friendly, the maids were always happy but the animation team seemed very arrogant and unhelpful (they weren't there much anyway).

We met a lot of people who said the same things- great hotel but poor facilities and food. Maybe if you go in July and August, it will be better?"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

Good Hotel Bad Food, Great Price

"A bargain break just prior to the season in Ibiza. Paid about £160 per person for 5 Nights, Bed Breakfast and Dinner inc flights. Check in was good, rooms fine and clean, good bathrooms but a bit sparse. Rooms facing sea and pool had great views. Only complimentary item was soap. - No tea, coffee, shampoo etc. Was a 20 min walk to San Antonio town / West End - which in season is probably a good thing. The hotel was full of retired Spanish tour groups. Only down side was food - which was DIRE. Breakfast was mostly bread (never fresh), very poor quality orange juice, instant coffee, cheap bacon and sausages like those dog snack sticks. Dinner was assorted shades of meat ( difficult to tell variety - we could only identify by colour, eg, grey or brown.) One overcooked veg. All exceptionally bland. Pudding was unbelievable! - shades of instant whip / angel delight ( all with overpowering chemical flavourings) with jelly. I found it strange that all the older spanish people didn't seem to have a problem with any of this, perhaps the older generation are use to this sort of food. Overall, excellent value and I would stay here again, just avoid the dining room"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

not a fiesta chain hotel anymore

"This hotel was refurbished and just finished before i arrived as it was taken over by the groupo playa sol chain from the fiesta hotels... Thus means there are alot of italian,german and french, we were the only english couple for the 2 weeks. IT IS NOT 4* STANDARD because:

THE ROOM we were put in was just above the entrance to hotel facing a bar that was very load until 2am,, which is fine for ibiza but not on your first night wen you just want to sleep. the small tv was put on the wall bent. the bathroom door didnt close coz the sink was in the way of the entrance coz it was that small.. The air con was broke the first 3 nights and too noisy to open door so it was red hot in room.. the so called jucuzzi bath eventually got fixed on our 4th night and it was tiny,, sadly only room for 1 slim person. Guests are not allowed to swop rooms under any circumstances we were told. However if u do book, choose a sea view/pool view room,,, they have nice views, rooms are bigger and is quieter.

THE LOCATION is on se'staniol beach which is furthest bay away from san antonio town about 20=30min walk but there is a water taxi outside hotel for 2euro each 1 way. The beach is ok but isnt the nicest in ibiza by far.

THE FOOD: we stayed half board,, the breakfast was dismal and repetative, no cold meats or fruit. the evening meal was ok and was mainly cooked to suit the italians with around 4 choices of fish, chips about twice a week but the salad was quite nice respectively, Drinks are small with limited choice. The weird restaurant manager shouted at us for seating at a 4seater table without being told to and after that seemed to single us out every night probably because we were the only english people.

ENTERTAINMENT: didnt see any, bar was allways quiet.. and the gym wasnt built yet!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of February 2007

"Upon arriving at San Remo at 15:00, we were told that one of our two rooms were not ready and we should expect it to be ready by 16:00. The woman on the front desk was not particularly helpful, however, we did find that the rest of the staff were quite nice. We did have to wait and wait for the second room (until about 18:00), holding us up from meeting up with some other friends.

Our rooms were clean (but smelt like cigarettes) and had a sea view. In the bathroom, the jacuzzi didn't work but, overall, it was clean.

We ate only once in the hotel and wouldn't recommend it. The food was bland and everything seemed to have egg in it.

Overall, we weren't too concerned about the hotel as we only used it as a place to sleep and explored the island on motorbike and visited other friends.

We didn't use the pool or any of the bar facilities as we chose to eat out and party out.

If you're looking for an all inclusive, it's probably not the best choice but, if you're only using it as a place to sleep, it does the job."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of January 2007

No room at the Inn.

"The reservation was booked using ibiza-hotels.com and confirmed by Grupo Playa Sol and cost £110 for 1 week for 2 occupants on a half board basis. We arrived at the San Remo on the 14th of October at 1.00 am and we were told that the hotel was closing for the season and were then transferred at our own expense to the Costa Sur. Most of the occupants at the Costa Sur had been transferred from other Grupo Playa Sol hotels in the area and it was not the hotel they had booked.

After expecting a hotel with a sea view at the San Remo the view at the Costa Sur Hotel room looked onto a racing track and dog kennel. We were looking forward to a sea view and we were extremely disappointed that Grupo Playa Sol reservations did not email to advise the change. This would allow the opportunity to have rebooked at another hotel.

I have attached a picture of the view from the Sam Remo and another from the balcony at the Costa Sur.

Draw your own conclusions before booking in October."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of October 2006

Worst hotel ever AVOID

"THE BAD REVIEWS ARE ALL TRUE WORST HOTEL EVER. Best part of holiday was view. Stayed here with my partner and 14 year old daughter july 2012. Never again. Advertised as 4* i dont even think its a 1. We ate in restaurant for first 2 days then went out for all meals after that as food was horrible, we r not fussy eaters but the food was the same for lunch and dinner and luke warm some times we couldnt make out what it was. Its Not suitable for families as it was full of stag and hen dos. The room was so small we had to climb over a bed to get to balcony but once there the view was fab. Staff seemed ok but we didnt really have any dealings with them apart from getting a drink. There was no entertainment even though it said there was when we booked so went out every night. We went for a walk around the bay to san antonio one night and was gutted when we passed the Hawaii as it was bouncing with a great atmospher. I would only recommend this hotel if you are on a stag or hen do that wants somewhere to sleep

• Travel date: Mon 29th of July 2013

ignore every bad review- people are being silly! we had the most AMAZING time!

"This hotel is in a GREAT location, the pool is clean, literally a two minute walk away from the beach. 6 of us young girls went and had the most amazing time.. the staff were lovely and polite and we had a bit of banter with them! The bad reviews are pure gas- there was no violence whats so ever and i can't believe people are making it up! We went for the all inclusive regime and we always went to the beach and could just walk back to get drinks. The food was OK, they made the best out of what they could do and there was quite a wide selection- particularly at breakfast; fruit, croissants and cooked breakfast with a selection of bread, cereal and fruit juices. Another bonus is that the water sports and water taxi are RIGHT outside the hotel! which is ideal if you want to go right into San Antonio, for a night out on the west end, which although the reps say is rubbish- don't listen to them we had great nights! However, if you've got children i wouldn't recommend bringing them to this hotel because its full of young lively teenagers/young adults coming in through the early hours of the morning so it's not really a family hotel. The 'lucky lucky' men that walk along trying to sell you sunglasses, hates and watches do offer drugs E.G. 'CHICKEN NUGGET! LOVELY JUBBLY!' however, not many people know what this mean and if you say no they will move on and not hassle you. The security of the hotel is excellent, for example on the first day reps were on the hotel site and they were trying to sell us fake tickets. Staff acted immediately and got them to leave and explained to us that they were dodgy, so we had an understanding straight away! The rooms were basic yet immaculate and the view from our balcony was lovely looking out onto the beach and the rest of San Antonio. DON'T let the reviews ruin your time, even when young people get out of control the staff are still helpful! e.g. one day there was an around 19 year old being sick through alcohol around the pool and the staff dealt with it professionally, not getting angry- even though they deserved to! LOVELY staff LOVELY rooms AMAZING time! "

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2013

Hotels near Hotel San Remo

Stayed at Hotel San Remo? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel San Remo

• BILLINGHAMLADS by BILLINGHAMLADS

"THE BAY ITSELF LOVELY "THE CLEAN SEA, WATERSPORTS" "

• BILLINGHAMLADS by BILLINGHAMLADS

"THE BOAT TO SAN ANTONIO ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BAY "

• taicam by taicam

"we will be returning next year as we had we had a wicked time "

• kenneth adam by kenneth adam

"jackie browns or the yorkshire do a lovely breakfast "

• micheymoo by micheymoo

"location yes, hotel definitely NOT "

• lulu by lulu

"Avoid it go to the hotel next door not the one they own "

• rustie by rustie

"go early season when quieter or late seaon "

• rustie by rustie

"cao gran resturant food was delicous and reasonably priced "

• Belinda S by Belinda S

"NOTHING ALL NEGATIVE STARTING WITH THE RUDE STAFF "

• peas in a pod by peas in a pod

"go there, experience ibiza "

• noonoo by noonoo

"Dont take any notice all the reviews as this hotel is not as bad as some people make out. "

• alisonlovatt by alisonlovatt

"Brilliant. Book Now. "

• snipes1988 by snipes1988

"The bay is lovely and would stay around that part of the island again! "

• kwu1959 by kwu1959

"No places of interest deinatley for the younger clubing generation "

• fruitcakes frm the toon on tour by fruitcakes frm the toon on tour

"cheap on beach 30 min walk to west end 10min taxi "

• paulelectrician by paulelectrician

"Clubbing Island Only for teenagers, Not a family location "

• paulelectrician by paulelectrician

"Burger King Ibiza airport waiting for plane to take us home to UK "

• lee by lee

"P a r t y cos u wanna "

• rach emm by rach emm

"Lovely location, best place to stay in ibiza. "

• rach emm by rach emm

"Bucanero, The Yorkshireman restaurants and the view of the bay. "

Hotel San Remo is also called