Worst hotel ever AVOID

Reviewed Fri 2nd of August 2013

"THE BAD REVIEWS ARE ALL TRUE WORST HOTEL EVER. Best part of holiday was view. Stayed here with my partner and 14 year old daughter july 2012. Never again. Advertised as 4* i dont even think its a 1. We ate in restaurant for first 2 days then went out for all meals after that as food was horrible, we r not fussy eaters but the food was the same for lunch and dinner and luke warm some times we couldnt make out what it was. Its Not suitable for families as it was full of stag and hen dos. The room was so small we had to climb over a bed to get to balcony but once there the view was fab. Staff seemed ok but we didnt really have any dealings with them apart from getting a drink. There was no entertainment even though it said there was when we booked so went out every night. We went for a walk around the bay to san antonio one night and was gutted when we passed the Hawaii as it was bouncing with a great atmospher. I would only recommend this hotel if you are on a stag or hen do that wants somewhere to sleep

• Travel date: Mon 29th of July 2013

ignore every bad review- people are being silly! we had the most AMAZING time!

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2013

"This hotel is in a GREAT location, the pool is clean, literally a two minute walk away from the beach. 6 of us young girls went and had the most amazing time.. the staff were lovely and polite and we had a bit of banter with them! The bad reviews are pure gas- there was no violence whats so ever and i can't believe people are making it up! We went for the all inclusive regime and we always went to the beach and could just walk back to get drinks. The food was OK, they made the best out of what they could do and there was quite a wide selection- particularly at breakfast; fruit, croissants and cooked breakfast with a selection of bread, cereal and fruit juices. Another bonus is that the water sports and water taxi are RIGHT outside the hotel! which is ideal if you want to go right into San Antonio, for a night out on the west end, which although the reps say is rubbish- don't listen to them we had great nights! However, if you've got children i wouldn't recommend bringing them to this hotel because its full of young lively teenagers/young adults coming in through the early hours of the morning so it's not really a family hotel. The 'lucky lucky' men that walk along trying to sell you sunglasses, hates and watches do offer drugs E.G. 'CHICKEN NUGGET! LOVELY JUBBLY!' however, not many people know what this mean and if you say no they will move on and not hassle you. The security of the hotel is excellent, for example on the first day reps were on the hotel site and they were trying to sell us fake tickets. Staff acted immediately and got them to leave and explained to us that they were dodgy, so we had an understanding straight away! The rooms were basic yet immaculate and the view from our balcony was lovely looking out onto the beach and the rest of San Antonio. DON'T let the reviews ruin your time, even when young people get out of control the staff are still helpful! e.g. one day there was an around 19 year old being sick through alcohol around the pool and the staff dealt with it professionally, not getting angry- even though they deserved to! LOVELY staff LOVELY rooms AMAZING time! "

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2013

SHOCKING,RUDE STAFF,THIEFS,FOOD DISGRACE,VERY EXPENSIVE HOLIDAY

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Oh well what to say, so much really.me and my partner just got back from here.well we were meant to be staying here,arrived on the sat,lunch time to be told we were not on there system,by the young lady.got told after a long time watching everybody go to there rooms we were to go next door.i had all my confirmation in front of them no you are to go next door was the rude answer,so of we went, 7 days of hell?well 6 days as we waisted half a day stood been spoke to, looked at like something of bottom of there shoes.of we went next door to be greeted with a smile, which dident last long showed the lady all confirmation we had to be told bed breakfast you will have?
[bit i have paid for full board ] no you havent another wait while she went on the phone we got told ok you can have full board.[like they were doing me a favour when i paid for this holiday a long time ago]come back 2.00pm to your room.nothing to eat or drink of we went outside to the heavy rain, to the bar across the road,to be told dont touch that hotel theifs a mass of people breaking in? our holiday hadent even started.ignore i thought of we went to room very basic ok no problem. Very cold so i tried the raiditor for it to pop and all water black oil all over,[lovely 1st 10 mins of been there],on to the food all food cold,had to be warmed in microwave, so we dident eat my partner had soup local beer was telling me this tastes funny 5 mins later sick and on the loo, that was all week.no entertenment at all like we got told there was something on every nite, lucky lucky men asking if we want any drugs.everybody telling us sleep with a chair against your door [unbeliavable]the list goes on and on .i have m.e and cant walk need my rest have to avoid stress i have come home worse then ever and had to have 1st week in bed. My partners 1st holiday abroad.staff awfull, rude, sly,people keeping everybody awake by coming in early hours knocking on doors.i had my own judgement before going and seeing all the awfull write ups, i went with jet2 and hoping they can sort this out or i will take it as far as i can.please dont take children if you do have them with you all the time dont let go.also african women on the beach side very aggresive took 20 euro from my hand, while the other one was telling our fortunes.[you pay for my children in gambia was her answer]1 crap holiday we went out spent all our cash on food our choice but either that or food poisoining, all in all never going back,there smiles so false,they like to take out hard earned cash but customer service not heard of at all.rather stay in a tent...... Avoid it should be closed down lucky ,lucky, men beware you will get caught selling what you are selling illigal drugs."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2012

AVIOD AVOID AVOID!!! Faulty Towers minus the humour

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We have just returned home back from this hotel and although we really made the most of a bad experience, I want to warn others about this hotel.
The main warning is the hotel rooms were broken into on regular occasions, and this isn't hear say or Chinese whispers, we spoke directly to many people that had fallen victims to this. The Hotel passed this off by saying "they must of left their room unlocked", however most occasions whilst people were having breakfast the maids would always be there as soon as you left your rooms..

The food was repetitive and plentiful (BUT ALWAYS SERVED COLD) No security (hence the robberies) and the noise was horrendous due there being no one to keep things in order. As for the Staff pffffff they really didn't give a dam, especially a guy named Alex that worked on reception (on the night shift) please take note, and save your sanity by keeping well away!!!!!

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2012

DONT BOOK

Reviewed Mon 24th of September 2012

"I came to Ibiza with my boyfriend and we chose this hotel to stay in as we thought the pictures looked great. If only I had took note of the bad reviews! We ordered and paid for a double room, and a sea view.. we got there and we found we had 2 creaky camp beds pushed together. They slid aroud the floor and were made up as two single beds. We decided to take the lift up to the room, the lift was creaky and very scary to be in, it dipped down before we got out too. And the sea view? Far from. We were blessed with the view of a busy night club and smoking area. No sign of the sea. The cleaners were very rude, they came and knocked on the door every morning at 8 am, not good if youve been on a late night out.. They also walk in to your room whilst your still in bed! The all inclusive food was okay but repetative, I think the only thing that changed every day was the colour of the jelly. Not much choice. There was an ants nest living under the floor in the waiting area. The bar staff were very sarcastic and snidy. One of them refused to sell me a certain drink because she thought I wouldnt like it and she thought it was "disgusting" The all inclusive alcohol was a joke, I mean I know its all local brand but it tasted like water, also made you feel lightheaded, sick and bloted. The only ice cream you were allowed was a tiny tub of tasteless ice cream and also the only snacks we were allowed was a boring un-buttered cheese sandwich. The pool made your eyes sting it was full of so much crap! Very small pool too, nothing lilke the image. And the music they played around the pool was crackily and they had the same Cd on repeat. I was actually relieved when a stag do put their stereo system on, but were then made to turn it off. The toilets were smelly and un-clean. The woman at reception told me and my boyfriend that she had been in contact with our bus service the night we were flying back and told us to be outside for 12pm, we got there and waited for our bus, we waited and waited. We were getting closer and closer to our flight home out of that hell hole, and still no bus, we went to reception and a man very rudely told us that our bus hadnt been contacted, the woman on reception had lied to us and gave us a smirk as he told us. Evil staff! Soon as youve wasted your money they dont care about you. They snapped our all inclusive bands off in the morning when we checked out, so we missed out on a days free drinks and food wed paid for. They didnt cut anyone elses bands off! We were rushed out of our room by the cleaner, "YOU LEAVE TODAY, YOU MUST HURRY OUT YOUR ROOM" I was so stressed out i left some of my hair products which i later went downstairs to claim back, the cleaner giggled and took the receptionist i was talking to into the back, she came back out and said "sorry she found noting in your room" and smiled at the cleaner. I felt like I was being laughed at, and treated like ****! The shower made a deafening hammering noise whenever you turned it on. The deck chairs were all broken and made your back ache because the material was so worn into the plastic. This hotel was a total scam, the staff werent bothered about you, there was no entertainment.. you couldnt even enjoy your all inclusive drinks, they were more like tangy chemical water.The local beach was a dangerous place to be, sharp glass sticking oout, dirty wrappers and rude men on the beach trying to sell you drugs. A local indian restraunt owner said to me and my boyfriend "OH YOU STAY IN SAN REMO? BAD HOTEL, BAD HOTEL. I NEVER LET MY FAMILY STAY THERE, THEY MIX THE ALCOHOL WITH BAD STUFF, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU". That summed it up for us. Even the massage lady was rude and glared at you..We were also told we would get a rep but when we arrived we were told "You have no rep" Will never be staying here again.Ruined my holiday and my boyfriend and im not usually the picky type.. Please go somewhere else!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2012

violent staff, and cockroach in bed

Reviewed Fri 22nd of July 2011

"i'll give the hotel a 1* and im being generous. i wish id stayed elsewhere.
food was un-edible so me and my girlfriend spent almost every meal going out somewhere, or just mearly surviving on bread rolls (and we werent the only ones).
one member of staff actually did engage in a shoving match with me whilst i was protected my misses from him - manager told me he would be fired but fortunatly we had to get our flight home that day so i never found out.
and yes, i found a cockroach on my bed - least impressed was the girl at reception wen i bought the half dead beast down and placed it on the counter, but i was expected to sleep with it???

On the day of my girlfriends 30th birthday we were expecting a warmer reception from the hotel but we got nothing. and i really mean nothing, there was no running water for the entire day!!!

drinks were crap and were served in small plastic cups - the ones you might find at a childrens tea party alongside the jelly and ice cream.

oh, and the aircon - blows warm air constantly, they dont seem to be able to fix it....

Totally diappointed, and hated every last second at this hotel - do yourself a favour and book somewhere else."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

Dont Go

Reviewed Thu 14th of July 2011

"worst hotel ever no aircon meals are the same everyday you couldnt have any fun there else you got a warning 5 warnings and you are out cockroaches in bathroom promised aircon all holiday all we got was a fan wouldnt recomend this hotel to anyone only my worst enemy ther was only 1 helpful staff there her name was clair i would put this hotel as 1* we was there for 10 nights end of june/july we was glad to leave if you are young and looking for fun DONT GO THERE becuase your holiday will be spoilt :("

• Travel date: Mon 11th of July 2011

Thanks for the worst Holiday ever!

Reviewed Wed 3rd of November 2010

"Me and two mates just returned from this dump(hotel). When we got there after not sleeping due to a early flight we were told we could not check in until 2.00?Helpful..... Entering the room we found ants everywhere and holes in the sheets. We booked the hotel for 10 days and 4 of them did not have any hot water at all and when ringing the idiots at reception told 30 mins everytime! Now its time for the food if that's what you can call it? We paid to go fully inclusive and had to eat out everyday as it was disgusting! One day entering the food hall had the joy of watching a cockroach running around the food, I don't know maybe the Spanish like this selection of food but myself not to keen. Ordering a FLAT drink you may as well as them to poor it into ur hand as you properly get more as the cups are so small! Knows the best part........... About the 4th night into the holiday being young lads we decide to go out on the pi*s again to find when we come home we had been broken into through our balcony door that "was meant to lock" with about £1000 in total taken with things such as I-pod speakers,designer clothes,aftershaves,suitcases,sun-glasses,shavers,shoes and the list goes on! After having to call reception three times then finally come up and just did not care at all! When questioning them about "cctv" all he could say was "destroyed" which really did it for us! There is so much more ive been meaning to write but at the present time im to busy but just a few words of advice...... Do not ever stay in this hotel I would struggle to class it as 2* and made our "Ibiza experience" rather rubbish"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of November 2010

Brilliant time.

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"My mum paid for myself and boyfriend for my 21st to stay here . Loved every minute , Friendly staff , rooms cleaned daily, plenty of variety of food, never ate so much before.Beach and watersports on doorstep . Bars all close by with plenty going on . Cant wait to come back next year. loved it!!"

• Travel date: Mon 25th of October 2010

geordies on tour

Reviewed Mon 25th of October 2010

"bout 30 min walk to main bars but gd bars outside hotel pink panther then buccanerros 2 mins down road try it mental hotal not bad on sea front pool ok drinks ok nowt special food okish a suppose three hotels use restaurent so busy thats gd as see hot lasses all over lol taxi to west end 5 euros or walk along prominade 30mins or 45 when mortal but not end of world as chat up lasses on way ha people complain bout hotel but its clean and think people just like doing it .av stopped in alot worse and hotel quite layed back odd cockroach bout like my big off point was no air conditioning was sweating buckets not gd whwn needinf kip day or night but u can buy a 1 dearish like ... safety deposit box was 40 euros for 2 weeks between 2 of us worth it mind .. we were 6 geordie lads went in july 2010 if u pay cheap hey its ok sm people winge for nothing and u gt the bay here and a walk ro west end so all gd enjoy but am serious its ok if u just wana ibiza hol not family hotel mind a just say that as not much to do 4 tham hope av helped kenny friutcake frm the toooon geordie boys"

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of October 2010

A no star hotel

Reviewed Mon 4th of October 2010

"This hotel was very poor the food dire ate out all the time.Some staff very helpfull others didn't care especially the young male receptionist who we ordered a safe from and it took three hours before it was sorted has he had sent the technician to the wrong rooms!The rooms were ok but not cleaned properly.To be fair there was a national strike and they did provide very basic continental breakfast but we didnt bother.The cafe continental across the road had some good shows and we sussed out it belonged to the hotel and was a way of getting the all inclusive guests to buy drinks. Its also very noisy at night but thats to be expected because of its position and That a vast majority of the guests were there to party and get drunk, definatley a chavs hotel.Further down the road was Jackie Browns an exellent retaurant food brilliant and plenty of it brilliant service and friendly staff price good .Beware of some African women on the beach road into town the are very agressive!! wanting to sell you charms and braclets.Prefare the other side of the island much better."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2010

havin it

Reviewed Thu 30th of September 2010

"i just recently come back from ibiza like 2 days ago , i thought the hotel was sweet as , the hotel room was a god size , ok the hotel cleaners didnt do that much of a good job cleaning the rooms but it was still up to my standards , i didnt go all inclusive because of the reviews i read on here before saying the food wasnt cooked and stuff so i did eat out every night that was when i wasnt raving of course lol :) definitly coming back next year for the summer , i had a quality holiday x"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2010

Hotels near Hotel Playasol San Remo

Top traveller tips for Hotel Playasol San Remo

• BILLINGHAMLADS by BILLINGHAMLADS

"THE BAY ITSELF LOVELY "THE CLEAN SEA, WATERSPORTS" "

• BILLINGHAMLADS by BILLINGHAMLADS

"THE BOAT TO SAN ANTONIO ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BAY "

• taicam by taicam

"we will be returning next year as we had we had a wicked time "

• kenneth adam by kenneth adam

"jackie browns or the yorkshire do a lovely breakfast "

• micheymoo by micheymoo

"location yes, hotel definitely NOT "

• lulu by lulu

"Avoid it go to the hotel next door not the one they own "

• rustie by rustie

"go early season when quieter or late seaon "

• rustie by rustie

"cao gran resturant food was delicous and reasonably priced "

• Belinda S by Belinda S

"NOTHING ALL NEGATIVE STARTING WITH THE RUDE STAFF "

• peas in a pod by peas in a pod

"go there, experience ibiza "

• noonoo by noonoo

"Dont take any notice all the reviews as this hotel is not as bad as some people make out. "

• alisonlovatt by alisonlovatt

"Brilliant. Book Now. "

• snipes1988 by snipes1988

"The bay is lovely and would stay around that part of the island again! "

• kwu1959 by kwu1959

"No places of interest deinatley for the younger clubing generation "

• fruitcakes frm the toon on tour by fruitcakes frm the toon on tour

"cheap on beach 30 min walk to west end 10min taxi "

• paulelectrician by paulelectrician

"Clubbing Island Only for teenagers, Not a family location "

• paulelectrician by paulelectrician

"Burger King Ibiza airport waiting for plane to take us home to UK "

• lee by lee

"P a r t y cos u wanna "

• rach emm by rach emm

"Lovely location, best place to stay in ibiza. "

• rach emm by rach emm

"Bucanero, The Yorkshireman restaurants and the view of the bay. "

Hotel Playasol San Remo is also called