azuLine Hotel Galfi

Avenida Doctor Fleming s/n, 07820, Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza Spain

Good

Excellent Value for Money

"I stayed here for two weeks with my boyfriend in August and loved it. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the location was brilliant, we were about 5 minutes walk from the beach and 10-15 mins from the west end. The rooms are basic but clean (ask for a high floor over looking the pool when you book) that's what we did because the views from the other side off the hotel aren't that good. The pool area, bar and restuarant were always clean and the breakfast's are nice (if you manage to get up for them!) overall, I'd say the Galfi was a great hotel and I'd definately go back!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

Not really that impressed

"We booked this hotel online and at last minute. I went onto trip advisor first to get peoples opinions of it and they all looked really good so we went for it!

We were without water for 2 days! Not very nice when you are covered in sand or chlorine and you want to go out on a night! We had to go and get big bottles of water from the supermarket to wash with- not very practical. The hotel did give us two 1 litre bottles but that wasn't really enough. Aparently they needed to carry out plumbing work hense the water being off. When asked what time the water would be on they didn't looked one bit bothered that none of us had any water. The banging of the plumber woke us up at 8am! It carried on throughout the day so we couldn't have a rest in our room before we went out. It probably didn't help that the work was being carried out in the opposite room!

We also found that, having a room that overlooked the road and not the pool, we were close to a house that had chickens and a cockrel in the garden. They were so noisy and the cockrel was constantly making its cock-a-doodle-dooing! It woke us up every night. We wanted to go a wring its neck by the end of our holiday!

The rooms were really old fashioned and there was a chair in there that looked like it had been there for years (and seen a bit of action!) We ran out of loo roll and we found we really needed our sheets cleaning more that they were.

Breakfast wasn't very nice. The coffee was cold and the eggs, which were also really hard. There wasn't a selection and I just stuck to the pineapple rings! (I'm not a fussy eater either!)

On the bright side though, we found it to be a good location. Close enough to all the action yet you can get away from it too. 10 minute walk to the beach and some of the bars. 15-20 min walk to sunset strip and all the other bars. They was also a supermarket really close by (handy if you need to buy water in bulk!) the pool area was always kept lovely and clean and it was nice and quiet in the day time.

I feel like I've really moaned but I felt I had to give an honest view of this place as we were disappointed. Can you complain though if you know you are getting a bargain?"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Good Little Hotel

"I stayed at the Galfi from 11th June-18th June. I am a travel agent and have visited many different styles of hotel and grades of accommodation. I liked this hotel as it was a small hotel with friendly staff and in a quieter area of a normally busy resort. The pool is a nice quiet area to relax and the age of guests varies from younger couples, like myself to older couples and families.

As the hotel is an older building you can hear the noise of people coming and going and if people have had a couple of drinks at night and raise their voices it is audible. This is to be expected with an older more traditional hotel and if like me you are so tired at the end of the day you will not find it a problem to sleep.

If you are an independent holidaymaker and explore during the day this is a good base. If you are looking to spend all day at a hotel with luxury facilities it is not.

I would not book honeymooners here as it is very nice hotel but not the very high standards and type of exclusive hotel that they would expect. It is really up to a travel agent to use their skills accordingly to sell the correct accommodation for the right client.

I would stay again and one of the receptionists Jordi Flores, from Mexico, was a great guy who we chatted with a few times. He made our stay pleasant."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

expected more for a 2* hotel

"my husband and i spent a week here and both found that it was below our expectations. We are both in our 20's and found ourselves surrounded by middle aged people. There was no T.V,or Radio in our room,(not that we intended to stay in our room, but it would've been nice for background noise while getting ready to go out) and the shower head did not fit in to the holder properly so we had to sit in the bath and shower ourselves down! The breakfast consisted of hard boiled Bantam eggs and salami. Toast was on offer, and lukewarm coffee. nice!! (not) As a newly wed couple, we did not feel comfortable while consumating our marrige as the walls were extremely thin throughout the whole hotel.
We live in Cornwall and our 2* hotel is a palace compared to this one so whoever reads this can understand that we are not proffesional complainers, we just had higher expectations! P.S we were left without loo roll for two days and our sheets were not changed till the third day!! (Even though we left the 'please service room' sign on the door!)
We won't be returning to this hotel, as for less money, we could've stayed in a 4* hotel with a kitchen right on the sea front!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of June 2006

excellent hotel

"excellent small and friendly family run hotel-set back from the main area of san ant. so a good nights sleep is assured!
this hotel is ideal for couples as it is adult only and bar etc is shut before midnight so not a good base for party animals.very secure hotel with 24 hour reception -balcony doors are alarmed and all corridors have security cameras.the family who own it are extremely friendly and make you feel part of the family-dont expect any frills as the rooms are very basic but adequate and for the price who could complain.
a 5 minute walk to the beach and 15 mins into san ant. town"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Great hotel for the price!

"We stayed here in the middle of peak season and found the hotel to be really good for the money we paid. The rooms were clean and quiet and the breakfast was also good. There is a beautiful garden surrounding the pool which was a pleasant change when the beaches were too crowded. The staff were attentive and friendly and reserved a table at a fantastic restaurant (L'Elephant) for my boyfriends birthday. All in all an excellent hotel which is in a great location for those who want a bit of peace and quiet whilst being close enough to the action!"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of December 2005

All you need in a hotel

"Galfi was all we needed in a hotel this summer. Near enough to the action in San Antonio but far enough away to enjoy a restful and relaxing holiday.

The hotel is small but this creates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and there's plenty of room by the pool!

The rooms are basic but sufficient and all areas of the hotel, including the rooms, are cleaned daily and all of the staff are friendly and happy to help.

Staying here is definitely excellent value.

I'm planning to go back next year and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

loved it here

"I could not fault it here, really great holiday i had. Food was great and so was the family that ran it. i am going back to ibiza in August 2005, but couldn't get booked there which is a real shame. But i hope u all have or did have a good time.

Jacqui"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of June 2005

absolutely fabulous hotel

Good

"what can i say. this is a great hotel just 5 mins walk from the centre of san antonio. the hotel staff are very freindly and nothing is too much trouble. the hotel rooms are very clean and spacious. the food is superb and caters for everyone.
this hotel is small and intimate in a great location and is suitable for adults who are looking for a hotel that is central to shopping, bars, resturants and nightlife but is also very quite at night.

the only down sides to this hotel is there is no nightly entertainment and its an adult only hotel.this maybe a plus for some but having 2 children myself its a pity i couldnt take them to the galfi. as a result we are now holidaying in playa den bossa instead of san antonio as i cannot find a hotel to match the galfi.
all in all a wonderful hotel that i look forward to visiting again when my children are grown."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of May 2004

the galfi, a home from home

"my partner & i have been holidaying in Ibiza for 8yrs & have found the galfi to be the best hotel we have stayed in. the galfi is a 1* hotel with 5* service.the food would would not seem out of place in a gourmet resteraunt.this year will be our third stay at the galfi but not our last. nothing is too much trouble for the staff who are all friendly & helpfull. Derek & Edna."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of March 2004

quite loud at night, but which hotel in ibiza is not ?

"location OK, but very noisy people all night through banging doors and screaming/laughing in corridors and hallway.
recommended rather for young night clubbers.
rooms is quite sad, safe deposit charged at 2 € per day, internet WiFi at 6€ per day (only in the hallway), bathroom not very practical, but what to expect for 60€ per day in july in Ibiza !

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2011

unhygenic

"me and my partner just got back from ibiza, san antonio. we booked this hotel thinking that it would be a great place to stay..the photos looked really good, had a swimming pool and reviews that we read were okay. so we didnt doubt the hotel at all. so we went ahead and booked it straight away as it was such a good deal we were getting. we got there quite early in the day (3am) and was told by the hotel manager that we couldnt check-in till 12pm which was the checking in time. so he said we could just relax in the waiting area, and was quite certain that he would have a room sorted for us as early as 9am so we didnt really mind just waiting. then when it came to 10am he told us that he had a problem with some of his rooms. at this point we were tired, angry, and fed up already..so wen we complained the manager said he would transffer us to a 3star hotel for one night, all paid for. so it was a relieved that atleast we didnt ave to sleep on a chair for the night atleast.
when we came back the following daY.. the manager was away on holiday so the assistant manager was in charge and another lady who worked evenings. so anyway we got there and said that the room was ready for us. i was thinking to myself atleast we can unpack this time. we got to the room and it was absolutly DISGUSTINGLY UNHYGENIC.. i got really emotional.. there was cigerettre ash all over the floor. the was a picture on a frame on the wall which had been cut through (i assume with a sharp knife)the balcony was very small and had painting peeling off. the bathroom was smelly..even the bed sheets were not washed properly.. there was marks all over the sheets. i was really put off and immediatly said to my partner that i wanted nother room. i just thouhght maybe its just this room and the others might be a bit cleaner.. so we complained.. the staff member wasnt happy that we wanted to change our room and was huffing and puffing.. but sorted another room out for us. as soon as we got into the other room.. it was the same thing. smelt of cigerettes. had not been cleaned properly. pait peeling off doors and bathroom.
i couldnt bear it any longer.. it hurt me that the cleaners didnt do their job & affected our stay in ibiza. we complained again.. this time we wanted to move back to the 3star hotel.. it was the same company and we didnt mind paying extra but they were fully booked. and eventually after knowing that there were no other hotel where we could stay i ended up cleaning the room myself! it was a disgrace and the worst hotel i have ever been to/seen in my life! also the staff are really rude.. we were at the bar downstairs by the pool. and i asked for a drink and the bar lady poured the wrong one by accident and wen i said im sorry i didnt order that.. she couldnt care less! said something in spanish to the other staff member and made me feel like i was in the wrong. and also if you want to borrw a glass/plastic cup to take up to your room then your just not allowed to. you have to buy a drink to recieve the glass.. what a complete joke!!!!! i would recommend the 3star hotel which is the same company as this hotel cxalled azuline mama ris..its roughly about 10 -15mins walk away from the galfi. and its closer to the beach and shops/bars.

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2010

Hotels near azuLine Hotel Galfi

Stayed at azuLine Hotel Galfi? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for azuLine Hotel Galfi

• vonric by vonric

"Good for bars and clubs "

• vonric by vonric

"Hired a car and toured the island. Beauriful outside of San An "

• tina by tina

"ibiza is amazing place. very nice beach/lots to do!! theres not a day you will get bored!! "

azuLine Hotel Galfi is also called