Apartamentos Xaloc

C/ Badajoz 5 Sant Josep, 7830, Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza Spain

Reviews scared me but was proven otherwise!

Good

"After reading multiple negative and frankly scary reviews we were rather apprehensive about staying here. However, as four rather finicky 22-23 yr old girls with relatively high standards, we found our 2 bedroom, 4 bed apartment beyond expectations!! Very clean and well kept with frequent maid services. I literally couldn’t pick fault about the bedrooms/bathroom/ cleanliness!
As we ate out most day and nights we weren’t too fussed about the kitchen utilities. However, seeing as it is meant to be self catering, the kitchen supplies were fairly poor. The hob is teeeeny! With an unusually placed fridge underneath this (so the top of the fridge is rather burnt!?!)
Aside from this- bathroom very good, clean and fresh towels every day/ other day. Only down fall for us 4 girls was that there was only one big mirror in the whole apartment (haha yes very vain!) Oh and staff were fairly naf- especially the older male receptionist who spoke nerrrrrrro English! But then again why should he I suppose…we were in spain to be fair!
Anyway, overall I found these apartments very good! Could possibly be in relation to the time of year, seeing as we stayed fairly early on in the season and it was relatively quiet. But definitely would advise anyone staying here- maybe NOT families!! But girls don’t worry about cleanliness or safety- none of our things were stolen. But I advise you still use the safe anyway!!
Oh and ps- pool and area was relatively ok! Sunbeds- horrendously crap- have to be very selective as a lot of them are veeeeeeery slack and its almost like being in a really uncomfy hammock!! Pool relatively clean but did have some weird green yeurgh at the shallow end! But overall pretty substantial! "

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2011

june 11

"well i was allocated these apartments as mine wernt ready after reading the reviews i nearly cancelled ..glad i never the apartments were totally fine , maids in everyday wasnt noisy if u shut the windows n doors air con was fine .. pool was fine grt location in the bay ..i would def stay here again
the only thing i had to complain abt was tv had no channels but i werent there to watch tv !!!!so dont listen to others load of rubbish .......... "

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2011

Beware of this place

"My family and I stayed at the Xaloc Apartments in San Antonio Bay - Ibiza back in April 2011

We booked a 1 bed apartment.

On arrival, we was greeted by a very friendly helpful blonde girl, who spoke good English and made us feel very welcome.

Upon checking in to the room, on the surface, it seemed presentable and clean.

However as we settled in, in my opinion, the room was not yet quite ready for letting.

Problem 1

The TV that is advertised as Satellite TV did not have an aerial cable, after asking for one at reception to another girl who spoke very little English, said that the maintenance man would get one for me, 2 days later, we get a TV aerial cable and we have 1 Spanish channel (showing a dubbed version of Friends), I went back to reception and asked for a remote as this was the only way to tune other channels on the TV, she gave me a remote with no batteries in, and said 'There is a problem with the aerial and it is being fixed'. Upon going back to my room and sticking some batteries in the remote from my camera, it was the wrong remote, however, we now had no TV pictures at all. This remained the case for the rest of the stay.

Problem 2

The apartment has about 8 lights in it of which 4 of them was not working, one of the lights in the bedroom did not work, because the wiring had come out of it, so moved the light bulb to the light in the lounge area that did not have a bulb in it. The wall light was also part hanging off the wall. The other light in the bedroom had a broken lampshade so, was dazzling when it was on.

Problem 3

The headboard was not fastened to the wall, so the slightest movement on the bed would bang against the wall which would echo loudly, the headboard was only being held up by the wires that go to the light switch, of which one of the brown wires had come out from, presumably for the light that did not work and can only presume that the wire was live!

Problem 4

Dirty Sheets, two of the bed sheets had red or black stains in them, although the sheets smelled clean, it made them look dirty. Could have done with a hotter wash or bleaching.

Problem 5

One of the chairs to the dining table was at the point of falling apart, me being 17 stone could have had a nasty accident had I sat on it.

Problem 6

On arrival, the shower was not usable because the clip that holds the shower head steady was broken, however, this was fixed after 1 day and were able to take showers fine for the rest of the week.

Other Faults

There was other little things, like the patio door handle was hanging off and the swimming pool steps were very loose.

Problem 7 (Not the hotel owners fault, but the hotel structure)

Due to the design of the building, when lying in the bedroom, which faces towards the walkway, when people walk by at 4am or people checkout at 6am to get a morning flight, it sounds as if a group of soldiers are marching by.

We stayed on the 2nd floor, however the top floor above us has the room layout in reverse, so that their lounge / dinning area is above the bedroom, and the constant scraping of dining table chairs being pulled in and out was worse than listening to a dentists drill. In my opinion, it is advised to ask for a top floor room, only the fitting of carpet in the apartments and putting some sort of rubber based flooring on the walkways would reduce this problem, but it can drive you mad. Doors could do with a foam / rubber seal or an anti slam device as it vibrates throughout the building.

Verdict

We stayed on the half board option, and had to go across the road to the "Hotel Club San Remo" for our meals, the food options where quite repetitive and to a basic standard, things like fried eggs were overdone, fish was bland with no form of seasoning, the worse case was a chicken thigh that was still red and bloody in the middle of it (this was when we arrived at the start of the dinner service)

We only paid about £28 per night for the three of us including the food, so offered great value for money if you want a holiday cheaply, including the flights from Bristol with Ryanair, the whole holiday package was £402 for the family plus taxi's to and from the airport (Approx £22 each way).

When we complained, we were told that we need to fill out a form, however, they also said that they had ran out of the complaint forms.

The Xaloc apartments could be a really nice place, if a little time, attention and money was spent on it, the pool area would be great if it had it's own bar and is probably missing out on beer sales because of it.

The pool has a raised rim around it that you could trip over on and end up entering the pool head first (when you didn't intend to!), apart from that, it was a very pleasant area to sun bath.

The Resort

The resort of San Antonio Bay is lovely and would love to return to again, with clean sandy beaches, is ideal for families. Just be in a different hotel.

• Travel date: Wed 4th of May 2011

stay at your peril !!!

"My first review, I'm not a fussy person. We didn't pay a lot, and therefore didn't expect a lot. However, If you want to stay in a scruffy, delapidated, disgusting hovel, then the Xaloc is for you. I have been in a long dispute with a reputed travel company over the dangerous conditions in this hotel, they are an absolute disgrace and not at all helpful.I'v been offered a large refund after numerous threats of court action and months of being ignored. The hotel had NO fire extinguishers, they had been removed. The fire alarms were smashed, ALL of them, and the fire escape padlocked. Electrical items had bare wires, the room was covered in 8 year old graffiti from countless 18-30 type weekends. The electrical items in general were not fit for purpose. The management gave me a complaint form to file, then have completely ignored it. The food was ok and staff do their best in what can only be described as "chaos" in the reception area. Please spend a bit more and go somewhere else, you have been warned. The travel agent is NOT a high street name and I did not book a package deal. If you go down the "cheap" route, please use a credit card, you can complain much more vigorously on your return if all is not well."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of April 2011

Cazzacooga

"A disgrace of a hotel, infact Thats an insult to other respectable hotels! Its more like a hostel...... I arrived 1.8.10 and was immediately disappointed. Our room was covered in obscene graffiti including walls and furniture. There is no attendants or reception staff in the complex you have to go across a busy main road to speak to a member of staff and to eat and drink. The pool is unusable. I understand that we were in Ibiza and that the younger holiday makers also shared the hotel but the complete lack of respect to others made the whole experience even worse, they had completely wrecked the pool area, Vandalised the corridors left cig buds and empty cans along the corridors including used condoms....... This is a DANGER to families the fire extinguishers on all floors have been removed, fire blackest taken out of rooms and the fire exit has been chained up. God help the families if there were to be a fire. There would be no means of escape. The food was edible and for the price we paid u can't really go wrong. There was no snack bar for dinner times only a fridge with cheese sandwiches. Plastic cartons were given for your soft drinks. They were tiny. I don't drink alcohol so can't comment on that. I feel sorry for the cleaners having to put up with the amount of mess they a have to clean. Lastly on the last week the cleaning cupboard. Next to the main entrace was cleared out and bunk beds put in. The space was tiny but they mAnaged to accommodate 5 to 6 young ladies who used the hotel toilets to wash, there was a young man sat guard all day and night. I asked why theses girls were there and if they had paid like I had to stay there all I got was no comment. I have my ideas why they were there and why they needed an escort but I found it hard to explain the reasons to my 9 year old daughter. Rant over DO NOT WAIST URE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of November 2010

worst hotel in ibiza

"we got ibiza in august 2010 great place till we saw our hotel everybody said it right .what a dump it was like a bad dream i was sick with the pee smell i went to the nearest shop for disinfectant and bleach everything in the room was broke even the telly was broke i wont even talk about the pool serfise to say dont take children there unless you want to explain about condoms and such the food was always always craling in flys the staff spoiled it too they were so rude i dont think they like tourests stay away"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of November 2010

disgusted

"filthy,no hotel receptionist, door wouldnt lock, curtains hanging on nails, how much more do you need to know"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of September 2010

We got robbed as well as everyone else

"Whislt we were sleeping our money and ipod was stolen from us. After this happened whoever we spoke to, the same thing happened to them, whether it was the maids, or a local we do not know. many said it was the maids. just do not stay here, it has a strange feel to it,, especially because we were just 4 girls in the middle of Ibiza was pretty scary. we heard that a few weeks before the whole of the top floor of 19 lads got robbed. its just not a nice place. 0/10 "

• Travel date: Tue 7th of September 2010

Best holiday , But not the hotel

"xaloc aparments are simple and nothing really to say about them good sizesand clean , but there is always something broken like a light a chair or a lock. I stayed with my family and we had four apartments and out of the four three had to move. the 1st one had to move as there was aleak in the celling but relised the next day they put anover family in there and coverd up thee leekage with masking tape. The second one moved as there was no aircon and we paid for it, And the last one moved cause the toilet pipe snaped in half at 4.00 at night and caused a flood up to my ankles , the only good thing is they moved you quick.
The swimmping pool is a very nice size and good for all ages and it goes shallow to deep and is very clean there is also one more pool in san remo
all inclusive , to be honest there is no point you might aswell go half bord you get free drinks at the bar only till 11 o'clock and you get a small plastic cup but to get to this bar you have to cross over the road to san remo as there is no staff apart from cleaners in xalocc there is no entertaiment so we ended up going to diffrent bars everynight
the staff can be very rude in the main office and dont respond for what you ask for but not always , and the cleaners dont speak a word of english so if there missed out your room good luck trying to get through to them
The food is nice but the do the same thing over and over again if you like chips every night go here
the snack bar is not wjat it says there is a couple of biscuits and you will be lucky to get a sandwich
The venue is the best bit and is about 2 mins walk to the beach with a couple of shops near there
Would i go back ? yes but not to that hotel
would i recomend it ? no"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of September 2010

dirty, scummy, flooded, rubbish!!!

"This hotel is AWFUL, I never write reviews on hotels but I had to this time. 4 of us stayed and we all said that it was the worst hotel we'd everr been in by a long shot. The pool had a layer of brown scum round the rim and all of the sunbeds were broken in some way, some only had 3 legs! There was rubbish all over the pool area that didn't appear to get shifted once all week. The maids only came twice and the sheets didn't get changed once even though there was noticable dirt from the beach on the sheets. The towels were changed once and only after we had to ask after we used them to mop up a flood in the bathroom. Don't get me started on the bathroom! The floor was stained yellow and there were pubic hairs round the sink when we arrived. The shower was broken so we had to ask for it to be reattached to the wall! The floor flooded every evening when we showered and it smelt of urine!!! We saw no hotel staff except a couple of maids so when we went to complain we had to go to the reception at the San Remo hotel, the receptionist told us we could go swim in it! Ha before getting someone up there to mop it up with our towels then dumpm them in the corner by the toilet!!! The walls throughout the hotel were stained and the furniture was battered. The guys in the room next to us had 300 euros stolen from their room and the reckoned it was ther maids as there were no signs of breaking and entering. DON'T STAY HERE if you want a relaxing holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of August 2010

worst appartments i have ever stayed at.

"we first arrived at our room to find that the air con did not work, one of the beds was not big enough for any of us to fit in and there was water all over the floor. We later found out that the balcony door would not lock. on the third morning we woke up realising that the room had been robbed of watches, fones, cash and cards the total added up to around £2000, we informed staff and they we not interested, in one of the other rooms on our floor the boys who were also in our group were woken at 4am to find the security gaurd in their room and going through the bags, again other staff and the police were informed but we were told there was no solid evidance so nothing could be done. i would encourage anybody who is thinking about visiting the xaloc apartments to seriously reconsider. "

• Travel date: Mon 9th of August 2010

Disapponted with service

"We have been visiting the island of Ibiza for many years. This is the first time that we have been dispointed in the level of service in the accomodation.
We took the half borad option at the apartments with meals in the sister hotel San Remo.
The apartments were clean and sifficient for our needs.
The food in the restrauant was bland and predictable at all meals.
Their was a soup course which tasted the same each day. No variation.
The salad bar was of a similar standard. Main course consisted of fish or chicken dish with chips.
The meal times were like a scrum queuing for each course could take up to 40 minutes. At one stage the restraunt manager went around the tables telling everyone, us included that if we were to have dessert the new were to get them straightway as the resetrauant service was closing down. Although we had been in resterauant for over 30 mins at that stage. Meal times 19.30 to 21.00. Some of the guests were on all inclusive and I shudder to think what they thought.
We are both experienced travellers to the island making our own travel arrangements via the internet. We will not be staying at these apartments or the San Remo in the future.
That aprt the island is a wonderful place to visit and we will return next year to the same resort, San Antonio Bay, but not these premesis.
The apartment had no reception area or security evident. This led to residents running along the corridors and slamming doors throughout the night.
hen representation was made to the San Remo no action was taken.

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

Hotels near Apartamentos Xaloc

Stayed at Apartamentos Xaloc? Share your insight.