ABSOLUTELY CRAP!!!!!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Just arrived back from the Hawaii two days ago, well where do I start, or lets not beat around the bush, it was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, and believe me Ive stayed in some.

We go to Ibiza every year and always, always stop at the Hotel Arenal just round the corner, boy do I wish we had gone there this month. We decided to go all inclusive for a change and take our friends, well their all inclusive and our all inclusive were totally different, the bar staff are appauling, no manners and they are so abrupt and not kid friendly at all, they even told us off for drinking too much beer!!!!! Hello we are all inclusive, its paid for, they wouldnt serve us, totally disgusting. The restaurant staff were a little better you could have a laugh with them, but not by much. When you first check in you get given an ID card which you have to show everywhere, bar, dining room, god and when you order at the bar you have to show you card aswell, this takes up loads of time and you have to sign for what you have had, nightmare. It would be so much easier to give you a coloured band to wear, so much easier.

Oh and dont get me started on the lifts, one of our party got stuck in one, they were always playing up, 2 lifts 7 floors, we ended up walking most of the time down 5 flights, nobody could say we didnt get excercise on this holiday.

So basically Ive had my moan, I hope it helps some of you to stay away cos believe me you should!!!!

So to sum it up if you like Germans as the hotel was full of them and you like being treated with no respect, then go you will enjoy, otherwise you have been warned!!!!! Never again, we will always go back to the Arenal, excellent hotel such a great service and great view of the bay."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of October 2006

Great Hotel........ shame about the queues

Good
Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"My wife & I . in our middle 50's have just returned from a 10 night stay (A.I) at the Hawaii. ( Sep27-Oct 7) and had a very good time.
At this hotel. The room was cleaned every day and as for sea views. we worked out that almost every room has a sea view from its balcony. we were at the back on top floor but had agreat view of "Paradis" & "Eden and the whole of the inner bay. Other's could see the local beach or the outer harbour and the sunsets. The entertainment program was more than ok and the team worked hard to get as many guests to join in as wanted too.
FOOD. the food at Hawaii is more than adequate and as varied as we have seen in many other (A.I.) hotels. you dont have to eat out and you will not starve. just accept that it's a different culture with slightly different ideas of "normal"
the local beach is just a couple of steps away and is FANTASTIC .warm waters gently sloping shallow area where little fishes will gather around your feet . far better that the too deep pool. my wife can't swin and was too self conscious to go in the kiddies pool
Would we go back to the Hawaii . Definitely.
It is an international hotel most guests are either British, German, Spanish or Dutch. so the daily bingo from the fantastic drinky drinky, drunky drunky , wobbly wobbly. ABBY . takes a little longer with the numbers called out in 3 or 4 language's
IS THERE A DOWNSIDE
unfortunatly yes. QUEUES.
the management of this hotel and possibly other's in the chain want everthing accounted for. if at the bar you order your drinks pick them up just about to walk away and NO you are called back, you must sign a little till slip with your room number . even a 30 mil bottle of water must be signed for.. this leads to delays and queue's at the only operating bar in the evenings the same in the dining room you get a slip to be signed for if (A.I.) . if Half board then the waiters fill in your form and you pay as you leave the room. more queues.
but even with the queues we would still return"

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

13 of us went to this Hotel, mixed ages...

Good
Reviewed Sat 7th of October 2006

"13 of us went to this Hotel, mixed ages 23 to 55.

Had a great time. The food ok, not great. Pool very small and very cold. Rooms good had to pay for telly. Staff not very friendly and stuck to 2 drinks per person.

Not very many British, mostly German. Entertainment was good if cheesy. Really near to town which suited the 20s.

We were happy to stay in hotel.

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

one week of peace

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"My wife and i have just retured from a weeks stay at the hotel, and we found it to be fantastic. The rooms were of a high standard, clean,neat and tidy, the food was great a very good selection and plenty of it. The staff where very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated in the middle of the bay area and is right on the beach so if the pool is busy you just cross the road to beach, and swim in the sea. This won,t be the last time that we stay here it was brillant"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

Excellent location

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"My wife and I have just returned from Hotel Hawaii, and what a great location! Less than ten yards to the beach. If you are lucky enough to get a sea view room the views are spectacular. Do not miss the sunsets! Htel was clean and comfortable, rooms a good size with comfortable beds. DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN ACCESS TO THE TV REMOTE. Channel 10 is not blocked but must not be seen by any children, if you get what i mean!!!
Restaurant was o.k. Plenty of choice, but for me the best meal was breakfast. Always a good old English fry up available and being buffet style there was plenty of it. Plenty of tea , coffee and juice available, although we had to queue at times.
The only down side to the hotel were the lifts....very small, and not always working.
The pool is quite small,and there is not much for young children, apart from a few machines outside the restaurant.
The bar staff could do with a smile or two occassionally, and were quite abrupt when you eventually got served.
There is plenty going on in the area , and the town is only 15 mins walk away,so if you are looking for a comfortable base this would be ideal....."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of October 2006

hotel ok food very ordinary

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Lawlor family Wexford Ireland.

Six of us stayed at the Hawaii,Mam,Dad,teenage daughter rest middle twenties Rooms 411,409,404 Sept8th to Sept 15th The location of the hotel is excellent right on the beach also pool area very nice ,clean and well maintained.the rooms were also spotless and well maintained as were the public areas in the hotel.The evening meal in the dining room was very ordinary and was not what we expected,all of us ended up eating out in restaurants after only three evenings.We the parents stayed on a half board basis while the others stayed all inclusive.it was not possible to order a glass of house wine with the evening meal it had to be a bottle or nothing.On one occasion my daughter ordered a glass and received a bottle as did my son.My daughter poured her dad a glass from her bottle and on leaving the restaurant was repremanded by head waiter,I had left the restaurant and was in the bar when this happened,on hearing same I returned to the restaurant and paid for the wine.I think this whole episode was petty and unnecessary and dissappointing. If we were to return to the Hawaii it would be on a bed and breakfast only. Apart from the food the only real problem we had were with the lifts which never worked efficently
This could be a fantastic hotel if the problems in the restaurant were sorted out and I for one would have given it a much higher rating if not for the food and attidude of the restaurant staff.The entertainment was good and the "Bingo Bongo Man " was a great craic. I found the rest of the staff efficent and friendly."

• Travel date: Fri 15th of September 2006

Not what we expected

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Was there in August 2006 for two weeks vacation with my family.
The hotel lifts were very small and there were only two of them. When we arrived in our room (517) we found the beds were smaller than to be expected but the view was splendid. It was hard to sleep as the music from the entertainment below was very loud and did not stop until after 12.00.
The food in the hotel was excellent with a large variety every meal.
The pool was tiny and we found the sunloungers to be uncomfortable. There were sun umbrellas provided however.
The hotel was in easy walking distance to shops,bars and restaurants in the local area.
Overall the hotel was ok but not what we expected it to be."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of September 2006

great location

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"great hotel,clean tidy,food was brilliant wide range of food of top quality.even my two sons enjoyed there food.entertainment was great,but make sure you dont want to go to bed early if your faceing the sea because you can hear it loudly in your room,luckly my sons will sleep through anythink!!
only downside to hotel hawaii was having to queue for sunbeds in a morning as they didnt open until 9.ooam it was a mass riot to get a bed!!!we always managed to get 1.
it is a lovely place for familys and couples to go would definetly go again.hotel staff was helpful.

the island was altogether good plenty to do for young and old.great water sports.
all in all a really good holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of September 2006

Hi everybody, well you wont be disappoin...

Reviewed Thu 10th of August 2006

"Hi everybody, well you wont be disappointed with the Hawaii Hotel myself, girlfriend and kids have been here 5 times in as many years we keep coming back because of the service you get from day one of your holiday, the rooms are quite roomy with fantastic views.

The food here is plentiful with a mixture of different foods daily and a carvery 3 times a week and all fresh, what more could you ask for, all the staff make you feel welcome with the bar staff being funny and friendly.

For the kids is the kids club with people who enjoy their work with the kids(abi your the man), and the adults get to play games as well with both parties getting medals at the end of the night just before the entertainment which I would say is very good with different acts nightly.

That’s why we book to go back every year. NO lucky lucky men alowed on site at the Hawaii so no mitherers. Oh just to say the kids will love it and if the kids are happy so is the wife, only a few feet to the sea and no main road to cross. You can walk out for 100yds and still be up to your waist so enjoy the Hawaii hotel San Antonio bay Ibiza. Have fun and relax, we did. Adios

• Travel date: Thu 10th of August 2006