San Antonio Bay Holidays
Known for a slower pace, quiet coves, and laidback bars that are a nice contrast to the major nightlife that ensues in San Antonio, San Antonio Bay is a nice break from the hustle and bustle of nightlife in San Antonio. Also nicely situated just a quick drive away from the capital of Ibiza, Ibiza Town, San Antonio offers something for everyone looking to take in all that Ibiza has to offer.
Situated on the Western portion of the island, San Antonio Bay is most famously known for its sunsets and sunset views, with large and beautiful colours that paint the night sky. With a chilled-out vibe here, as well as secret sandy coves that make it a romantic getaway from couples throughout the world, San Antonio Bay attracts a certain kind of traveller looking for respite and relaxation.
If the coves and quiet waters don't do it for you, there's also weekly beach barbecues, snorkelling, and water sport opportunities like sailing, parasailing, paddle boarding, and more. It's truly a place where you can become one with the sea and surrounding nature.
Don't forget to leave San Antonio Bay for local adventure if you have time! Upon venturing to Ibiza Town, San Antonio Bay tourists can also venture into the UNESCO-rated old town to take in the Medieval history that envelops the island.
Lastly, make time for San Antonio Town, where you can dip in and out of the action at the West End hippie scene, the Sunset Strip bars and lights, and the famous shopping and dining that is strung in and out of the streets. But, what makes San Antonio Bay so special, is that you can leave this hustle and bustle and come back to your personal place of peaceful paradise.
Things to know about San Antonio Bay
- Currency: Euro Exchange rate: £1.00 to € 1.09
- Timezone: Europe/Madrid (UTC+1)
- Language: Spanish
- Belfast International (BFS): 2:46
- Birmingham International (BHX): 2:35
- Edinburgh (EDI): 3:00
- London Gatwick (LGW): 2:15
- London Luton (LTN): 2:25
- London Southend (SEN): 2:15
- London Stansted (STN): 2:18
- Manchester (MAN): 2:27
Top accommodations in San Antonio Bay
Marina Playa Hotel & ApartmentsAparthotel Marina Playa is the perfect choice for families, friends or couples seeking a fantastic holiday in San Antonio Bay. Peaceful...
Pikes IbizaThe Pikes Hotel is located just one mile from the nearest beach and town, in San Antonio, Ibiza. The hotel offers a number of rooms all...
Alua Hawaii IbizaAt the Intertur Hotel Hawaii Ibiza you will delight in an all-inclusive hotel by the Es Puet beach, offering full service and a very re...
Bellamar Hotel Beach & SpaThe Bellamar Hotel offers the high-quality accommodation you have been looking for in the Bay of San Antonio. A first-rate, fully air-c...
Hotel OsirisHotel Osiris Ibiza is a family managed hotel situated next to “Es Puet” Beach, at the south part of San Antonio Bay. It is ideally loca...
Playa Bella ApartmentsThe Playa Bella I Apartments are located close to the San Antonio Bay; the San Antonio Town is just a short drive/bus journey away and...
Marvell Club Hotel & ApartamentsThe Marvell Complex Apartments is situated in a privileged position right on the sea and the bay of San Antonio, this modern holiday co...
Amare Beach Hotel IbizaFiesta Hotel Milord is an ideal setting for a peaceful holiday for couples, friends or families, it is in first line of the sea with ma...
Hotel ArenalA popular choice especially priced for couples and friends travelling child free. This modern and well-maintained hotel attracts all ty...
Things to do in San Antonio Bay
San Antonio Bay takes pride in keeping everything calm and subdued when compared to other towns on the island of Ibiza. Here are some of the most memorable activities you can pursue while you're staying in the secluded town:
- Ibiza Town: With just a quick 20-minute drive, anyone can venture into Ibiza Town for historical immersion. Surrounded by a walled stone structure with a fortress still located in the town, this UNESCO destination is one filled with history and adventure for anyone looking to take a break from the beaching and the partying.
- Playa Port d'es Torrent: This special beach spot is filled with snorkelers, due to the calm waters of the bay that make it easy to look down at the sea life below.
- Playa S'Estanyol: This special beach spot hosts summer barbecues year round that make it a fun, social engagement right on the water's edge for those looking to really enjoy their holiday.
- Dalt Vila: This castle and 16th century walls offer fantastic views of Ibiza Town while you venture that way. Be sure to wander around the steep cobbled streets and look at the red-tiled cupolas of churches, as well as the magnificent Santa Maria de les Neus Cathedral.
- Es Vedra Island: Take a glass-bottom boat to the island of Es Vedra, off of the southwest coast of Ibiza. Steeped in legend, be sure to secure a tour guide that knows the legends by heart.
There's also plenty of shopping to do, as you meander around for pareos and pottery, especially known for its exquisite design right at the bay.
If you love coves, then San Antonio Bay is the place for you. Known for a string of little sandy coves that run around the bay, San Antonio Bay is known for more than just white sands and beautiful surf – it's also known for hidden coves and gems that make exploration something of total excitement. Complemented by shallow, paddle-friendly water, beach kiosks, and water sports, the San Antonio Bay experience is something different from the rest of the island.
If you want to cove hop, sign up for cove hopping via ferry, which provides you with access to some of the most remote coves that can't be accessed any other way. This is a special kind of activity that will produce photos you will never forget.
There's also the Es Puet's jetty, which is great for feeding the fish, while the bar at Playa S'Estanyol hosts barbecues right on the beach. This is an awesome deviation from plain sunning, and can be a great way to get in your exercise while enjoying the natural sun and surf right there beside you.
Otherwise, San Antonio Bay is known for the same white sand, gorgeous direct sunlight and exposure, and hot temperatures that are famous in Ibiza. Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen and pack yourself with cover ups that will keep your skin covered and protected while you're out and about. Spain receives the most direct sunlight of any European country, which is why you want to pack accordingly.
Food & drink
Waterfront restaurants, known for tapas, sprinkled the bay's edge, where you can watch the sun set right over your dinner plate. With plenty of authentic Spanish dishes and tapas on the menu, especially known for the olive oil and seafood, be sure to drop by one of these establishments for a famous San Antonio Bay sunset while you are there.
If you're looking specifically for restaurant attractions to add to the list, check out the following while staying there:
- Kumharas Sunset Bar & Restaurant: This chilled-out bar is the go-to place for sunsets. Located at the end of the beach at Cala de Bou, floor cushions, shisha pipes, and ambient music gives this place a hippie vibe that just can't be replicated. Take in the fire throwers and jugglers performances that help usher in the trap and EDM music by nightfall.
- Contra Vent Restaurant: Contra Vent is home to massive pizza ovens that churn out delicious pizzas all night long. This place sees a lot of action, with English-style topping of bacon and egg, as well as their Ibicenca spicy sobrasada sausage and peppers. You can also find, pastas, paellas, and grilled meats, plus plenty of live music to keep it all rolling.
There are also plenty of chilled bars that serve up delicious sangrias with juicy fruits that were grown right on the island. Don't forget to ask about wine pairings with your tapas dinner as you hop from restaurant to restaurant!
One of the biggest draws of San Antonio Bay is that it's not actually a big nightlife destination. Saddled next to San Antonio, where plenty of partying and clubbing abound, San Antonio Bay is a quieter version that provides a peaceful backdrop for couples, families, and solo travellers.
However, if you're ready to dip your toes into some serious Ibiza nightlife, here's where you should go in San Antonio Bay:
- Sunset Strip: Modelled after the famous Vegas Strip, the Sunset Strip is littered with more bars than you could ever hope to visit. With plenty of cocktail bars, wine bars, pubs, and even dance clubs, this is the perfect place to start the night off right.
- West End: Settled by hippies during the 80s, the West End of San Antonio is an artsier place by day, and a wild and dance party place by night. With discotheques, plenty of DJs, and parties that spill into the streets, this is the place to go if you really want to immerse yourself in Spanish nightlife. Many of these clubs stay open until 5, 6, or even 7AM. There's also plenty of eateries that stay up the entire night as well, so you can always rest assured that you will be nourished.
Of course, there are also bars and cocktail restaurants in San Antonio Bay that are filled with delicious local wines made and bottled right in Spain. The fun and the debauchery is just a few hundred feet away!