About San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments

• fax photocopying
  • ironing service
  • massage
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • sun umbrellas
  • pool with view
  • entertainment staff

Do not stay here

Reviewed Fri 14th of October 2011

"I read in another review that the stuff had a bad attitude but this was a mild description compared to what I experienced. I didn’t see 1 staff member smile the whole time I was there. On my first night I walked into the dinner hall at 12:00am to get a glass of water when I was shouted at by a staff member saying I must speak to him first. He reluctantly poured me a glass of water and told me the bar shuts at 11:00pm (This was a Friday night).
On my last day I had a friend join me for lunch. Having already removed my wrist band I was chased round the dinner hall by the waitress demanding to know where my band was (she had seen me there for the last 5 days) she came back 5 mins later furiously pointing to a list which didn’t contain my guests name and demanded 12 euros for my guests dinner. I was happy to pay. I told the waitress to charge it to my room. We left the dinner hall and headed to the beach to enjoy my last few hours when the waitress chased us out the hotel and demanded I pay now. Not having any cash on me and not wanting to face the climb back to my room (Hotel is built into the mountain steps and slopes everywhere, not suitable for buggies or elderly people) I repeated “please charge it to my room” with this she ran off. Halfway to the beach a car pulls up and a male staff member jumps out and starts shouting at my friend in Spanish. I asked him to stop and talk to me to which he replied I must pay the 12 euros. Again I told him to charge it to my room, when he replied he didn’t trust me and was going to call the police. I told him to go ahead as I had done nothing wrong I would be on the beach waiting. No police arrived and I’m not surprised.
I booked this hotel as all inclusive and to use the wifi for work, but the wifi did not work for me and the staff didn’t attempt to help me get it working so I had to pay to use the common pc 1 euro for 10mins, so I didn’t get much work done. (It had worked for me in three different areas of the island). I also only had 2 drinks the whole time I was there as the climb to my room was just too much to endure each time I wanted a drink.
Im not 1 to discriminate I did enjoy the food and I was upgraded to a room with a sea view on arrival which was lovely although it didn’t get one drop of sunlight all day.
I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are willing to put up with gruelling climbs, no sun and bad attitudes.
SWF 30 UK

• Travel date: Thu 13th of October 2011

Safety deposit box scam

Reviewed Tue 13th of July 2010

"paid deposit of 44euro for safe and got 10 back. 33 euro for two weeks is an outrageous rip-off.
We were self catering and the minimum of equipment was provided. however, place was cleaned regularly, towels changed every day if you wished and beds every 3 days. staff friendly and helpful especially Andreas in reception "

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

great place

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"just got back . we stayed for a week. lovely place, food good.upstairs pool was the best.went out in the evenings as was not impressed with entertainment all in
German 98% of guests were German all staff spoke German which i found strange as we were in Spain.But dont let that put you off we had a great time would def go back.flies drive you mad they dont go away.Great bar next door at club san miguel ,great entertainment ."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of August 2009

Excellent value for money

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Location was great, 5 mins from the beach. Room was basic but clean, and everything worked, lovely view of the pine forest from the balcony. The staff were helpful and friendly.
The food was good, fish and meat choices at lunch and dinner, salads, pizzas and chips for the less adventurous. There was a spanish night with great paella, chorizo, squid and many other things. With the all inclusive you can eat at the beach bar once a week, it is a mixed fish and seafood buffet and very good. The drinks were served in glasses, and of good quality. The pools were clean and of a decent size, there were plenty of sunbeds. The entertainment was full of enthusiasm. The beach was OK, smelt slightly of sulphur, but I think that has more to do with salt flats rather then cleanliness. I couldn't recommend it enough,"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

great place to stay

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We found it to cater to both german and english, and this mix was just about right!
Staff/ cleaners etc were great and the location utilising the slope of the hill caught the sun and the shade just perfectly.
Great rooms with fridges and tables as well as the all inc made it really comfortable and spacious.
Great beach, two mins down hill and vouchers from hotel get you free drinks at the beach bar.
Good food and very relaxed atmosphere
Great views from top pool and well worth the short walk uphill to have your breakfast up there.
The entertainment was basic BUT they made up for it by real enthuiasm and dedication to the kids!
Would definitely go again, probably 2010"

• Travel date: Wed 24th of June 2009

great foood!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Clean hotel, mainly german orientated but on the whole everyoneevery friendly and all inclusive well worth the money! 2 pools and 2 places for snacks during the day. if you ahve a heart condition or bad legs i would not recommend it because this hotel appartments are on a very big hill!! worth the climb for the lovely scenery of the bay!! beach 10 mins"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of November 2008

A Great base to discover the quiet side to Ibiza

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We stayed for a week bed & breakfast, we're glad we stayed b&b as the rush for the all inclusive would have been a drag, kids and old ladies everywhere..!

but, if you timed it right breakfast was great, lots of choice and plenty of it.

we had a studio apartment which was basic but clean, best to take your own tea and coffee as there wasn't any when we arrived at the room.You have to hire a kettle, iron etc but you would expect this with the rates that this hotel charge. You could even hire a pair of crutches- we thought they were a bit pricey though at 55 euro a week.. so be careful, a sprained ankle could cost you an arm and a leg!

all of the staff were very friendly and helpful, the maid service was a bit erratic but that was part of the charm of this place.

the resort its self is basic, only two places to eat a Chinese, which we wouldn't recommend or there's a restaurant on the beach front which was good, either al-la carte menu or Pizza, which are great if you don't want to make a fuss - even do takeaway.

we weren't short of things to do, this place is a great base to discover the NW of the Island, lots of great beaches & coves- very scenic, we hiked rather than taxied or scootered around as this made the views all the more worth it, the hikes aren't for the un-fit though..!

i'd recommend the 'rough guide' book if you want to read up about this place before you go or even when you're there.

Having read all the previous reviews about this place, after we'd booked, we were a little worried as what to expect but we were really pleased with the hotel, they seem to have worked really hard to improve this place.

great value though, if you're on a budget."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2008

Go if you want to lo

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Reception Helpful (GARY). Location on a very steep hill followed bY 70 steps up to room. Mother of 62 not IMPRESSED, never went to lunch as it was too much hard work with son of 4yrs old. Food was disgusting, cant tell you how disappointing it was, cold no variety, Others went to local resturants even though they were all inclusive. Drinks were good coffes good. rooms very dusty but ok in size . Entertainment lousy. No porters to assist with cases. no telephones for emergencies in the rooms. Bar lady very friendly (Barbara) Nice pool but very deep with a tiny bit for kids. pool area was very dirty floors and tables. ice creams and lollies good for kids. In main resturant the black sack for waste was next to the ice cream cart so waste ended up on the top of it . Nice beach 10minutes away good weather not a busy area ok for relaxation 1hr from airport on coach. made the most of it if the food had been ok it would have been an acceptable holiday. no supervision round pool teenagers breaking life rings jumping off fences, throwing ice cream thank goodness we had good weather. Rachel from surrey"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of September 2008

Enjoyed holiday

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Me, our three children and my partner arrived at the hotel 3am in the morning. We were greeted by an English man woking in the reception area who was very friendly, actually never saw him again! He told us that we had been put into the Marina Apartments which were just down the road (at this point we thought "oh dear".) He did say that if we had a problem to go to reception the next morning.

It was a two bedroomed apartment but very standard with no air conditioning in one of the bedrooms, terrible matteress and very thin sheets. We were not happy as we had not booked to be out of the main complex therefore we went to reception the next morning.

The Marina Apartments are part of the main complex but out of the way down the road and are quite isolated.

The next morning Andreas on reception couldn't do enough for us and moved us into the Esmeralda Mar apartments which were the top block of aparments up a VERY steep hill but are the superior ones. I wouldn't recommend these to the older person or poeple with prams. We though were more than pleased, very clean, spacious, modern and fabulous views over the bay. There is a swimming pool up there which is bigger than the other one and cleaner. Also is a bar and restaurant (for breakfast only) which again is cleaner than the main restaurant.

We had a lovely relaxing holiday, food no problem (apart from loads of flies),i'm a vegetarian and managed to eat a variety of food during the week. Afters were a bit boring though.

Drinks were in glasses which we prefer, ice creams were available, also ice lollies for the children throughout the day. We couldn't fault the All Inclusive package as it was good value for money. It included free canoeing on the beach,also drinks at the beach bar! Bar staff friendly,reception staff (Andreas)couldn't help enough.

There was entertainment on most nights which was Ok but as the majority of people staying at this complex were Germans, we found them quite entertaining as they danced rather strange!

We would recommend it."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of August 2008

The room was awful. We were put in a hos...

Reviewed Sun 20th of July 2008

"The room was awful. We were put in a hostel type building down the road from the main hotel (the rest of the hotel was full of German people who had booked all inclusive). Underneath the rooms was a disused restrauant which was being renovated until midnight - so my children either fell asleep to the noise of the disco next door or Bob the builder downstairs !!!!!!
We were also told the kids club was only for the Germans and all the entertainment was in German. We spent the week away from the hostel finding a range of great beaches close by, this being the only consellation. Thank goodness we did not book all inclusive as we would then have felt obliged to sit around an overcrowded pool reluctantly practicing holiday German.

One to miss!"

• Travel date: Sun 20th of July 2008

accomodation: when we arrived it was 3...

Reviewed Sun 6th of July 2008

"accomodation: when we arrived it was 3 am. we where taken to our apartment which was right beside the complex. great we where told we had been double booked and shouldve been up in the smaller rooms.. the rooms where spacious and comfortable. clean(ish) and in the week the friendly spanish cleaners came in and made up the beds ets every day. as someone said before it smelt a bit strange. i think it came from the blankets in the cupboard?

food: i was actually quite happy with the grub. it was quite nice. although everything had meat in it and living with a vegetarian dont eat that much of it. it was a bit much. they could easily leave ham off the salad, pizza and everything else. it was pretty tasty and although the chef did use the previous nights meat to make a different meat dish it was ok. its also ok if you like fish same again, its both in every dish. for my partner it was a different story, the first day or 2 he just took chips and a bit of salad although most of that had meat or fish alover it. being me i had a word with him and with a day or 2 there was veggie pasta, pizza and the chef made a cheese omelete for him, better but for my partner dissapointing. they also like salty grub by the way.. and it s geared towards a german pallette.

entertainment in the hotel: for my 8 year old son i couldve cried., the guy who does it never once tried to involve the british kids. there was a few there at first maybe 7. he spoke only in german to the german kids and i was livid..same old crazy kids disco nearly every night..my son had nothing to do, no one t talk to and was bored most of the time. dissapointing when we had looked forward to the holiday for months. the adult entertainment consisted of bingo. the first prize was a car for the day, second was a jar of sangria. there was a spanish bad kareoke singer one night we where there. bad

entertainment in town; san miguel is a lovely little cove and when i say little i mean there s no way out unless you have a car. its at the bottom of a steep hill that leads to san miguel town which is small with not much in it. the beach is nice enough but when you seen it once theres nothing new to see. a couple of overpriced tacky souvenier shops. i cant believe the price of this stuff.

all in all i would not go back here. fine if you can speak german. i wouldnt recoment this for kids at all unless your german of course."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2008

Esmeralda mar is certainly in a lovely s...

Reviewed Sat 14th of June 2008

"Esmeralda mar is certainly in a lovely setting and the room were nice, about right for 3 star. The cleaning was a bit sparse, however. Our bathtowels disappeared for no apparent reason, not to be replaced. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice, but if I went again I wouldn't choose half board as evening meals were very hit and miss. There are some nice restraunts in the town to try, if you can. Beach is lovely, water very clear, but beware of jellyfish! Plenty to do, go and see Jason and Danielle at Ibiza Excursions for good trips and internet acess, 3 euro's an hour. Warning! no bank in Puerto San Miguel, nearest one in san Miguel about 4km away, if you want to withdraw money from a cashpoint. There is a bureau de change and car hire, though. Bus service good and cheap, single fare to Ibiza, 2.45 euro's. There's a spa shop too if you want food for lunchs, they sell a big range of souvenirs, too. If you have an awkward flight time home, 20 euro will keep your room for day, if no one else is due in immediately. Entertainment is bingo, karaoke, music quiz, parrot show, banana boat etc."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2008

Hotels near San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments

Top traveller tips for San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments

• Vigilant by Vigilant

"V quiet restful place but would warn against paying for safe. "

San Miguel Park & Esmeralda Mar Apartments is also called