alright

Reviewed Mon 5th of October 2009

"just got back from El greco 1st time abroad so i was expecting more... hotel was lovely and clean wasn't alot of entertainment for the children so it was a bit disappointing... beach so close alot of steps tho... enjoyed it tho i would go again"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of October 2009

great stay

Reviewed Tue 15th of September 2009

"Came back from hotel el greco about 2 months ago and as first i didnt want to go having read the reviews on here but i was pleasantly surprised.

the reception staff are very friendly and speak perfect english. the food is plentiful and there was a large variety. if you are a fussy eater they have pasta pizza and meat every night but they also have a variety of main courses normally fish meat and vegetarian. the paella is also a must.

the drinks are served all through the day (bad for drunks at night) but watered down a fair bit. ice creams are also available.

at night the entertainment is very different and there is something for everyone with a mini disco,adios bingo and the paid entertainment. barry and patty are amazing entertainers.

the only downside was the room. was very noisy and the family rooms are underneath the bar area so you cant sleep until 12.30am as the chairs are being moved so all you hear is scraping and the windows offer no soundproofing so you can hear all the drunk people outside your window. this is not the hotels fault though and what do you expect from ibiza?!

the night staff were not helpful in dealing with a complaint about noisy neighbours

the resort is very quiet and the waterpark and beach are fantastic. the pool leaves a bit to be desired but does have a lifeguard.

if the weather is dodgy there is NOTHING to do as the resort is so small and away from anywhere.

overall a good stay but would look to go somewhere else another year "

• Travel date: Sun 13th of September 2009

LOVED IT WOULD GO AGAIN

Reviewed Mon 24th of August 2009

"this was the best holiday we had that year we went on 5 others and we loved this the most the kids were always entertained and we never saw them because they were always doing activities or playing with mates this was great for me and my husband we loved every minute of it and we were deffinatly upset when it was time to go home we are going back sometime in 2010 and we would love it to be the same . the water park was very handy and we were never bored alwyas had something to do also didnt hear anyone else complain and shouldnt see why :D

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of August 2009

great until we got home

Reviewed Mon 24th of August 2009

"My husband, daughter (11yrs) and I had what we thought was a wonderful 11 night stay at the El Greco. We thought that the hotel was clean? and comfortable although our room was near the reception so very noisy but that's the luck (or not) of the draw. Food was plentiful and the choice was good. The pool was good although a little chilly because it was mainly in the shade. The water park was not my kind of thing but it was very popular with children. The steps weren't a problem for us but some families were struggling with pushchairs.
The BIG problem started 2 days after we got home when my husband was taken violently ill. To cut a long story short, he picked up a parasite in his gut from the El Greco called Cryptosporidium. Think of 'Spanish tummy' and times it by 1000! The hospital had to inform environmental health because it's a notifiable disease in this country. It's picked up from contaminated food/water or swimming pools. He definately got it from the El Greco because we didn't eat/drink/swim anywhere else and it's incubation period is 3-7 days - when we were there.
On the surface, the hotel was lovely. We've proved that it isn't all that it seems!!"

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of August 2009

El Greco...AWESOME! =D

Reviewed Mon 17th of August 2009

"Yes,We came back 2 days ago from out wonderful, 11 day holiday in el greco... me and my husband abd the kids thought it was awesome; (my kids are 14&5). The hotel was very clean and we was a bit iffy on going because we saw the reviews but they were nothing to worry about once you got there! There was a wiff on sewage smell that came once n lasted for about 3 secs. The staff are very good will children. the entertainment was completely faultless. the beach is ideal for kids, my kids loved it we went 5 times! =D

the food had great variaty, for kids and adults. the noise at night was bad, with the slamming doors and shouting in the middle of the night... but what do u expect?

The pool was great very cold, but oh well; i loved it just to cool of my feet. the kids were in the all day wouldnt come out for anything! =D the water is wicked! me n and my husband loved to see the smile on out kids faces!

The kids club looked ok, but my kids wasnt interested they just wanted to go in the pool allday!

Definately going back next year! We are going to the travel agents next week to book for next year!

p.s BOOK QUICK!

• Travel date: Sun 16th of August 2009

FANTASTIC

Reviewed Mon 10th of August 2009

"Just came back from a wondeful holiday in the hotel el greco.
From the reviews before hand some people kept saying about the smell and steps
my personal opinion they are too picky about their holidays yes their are a few steps but only if you decide to use the hotel water park or beach everyday.

The water park makes the hotel, its brilliant, it has 5 slides and a childs pool with a slide aswell.
The beach and its views are lovely and only a 5 min walk to some good shops where you can get your newspaper and snacks from.
The Rooms are nice and is airconditioned which is a must, the rooms are also verry clean and the maids are really friendly.

When we looked at the reviews about the food we did get a bit nervous in how it would be but it was bettter than expected. Their are so many good english dishes and the kids loved the pizzas and burgers.

All in all this holiday for us was brilliant and we reccomend it to anyone with children as its got great entertainment for kids.x

Plan to go next year."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of August 2009

worst holiday ever

Reviewed Tue 4th of August 2009

"Me and my family have just come back from a 10day stay at the el greco and after the first couple of days we hated it
on check in we found our room was full of ants and we had 2 single beds and a fold out camp bed
the food is very poor same all the time pizza for both dinner and tea,burgers every dinner
afternoon snack left overs from dinner and a very grumpy waitress that shouted at you in spanish if you dared to sit at a table that wasnt one of those that she wanted you to sit on
entertainment very very poor it was all the kids reps doing mini disco n then dj barry and patty in all our stay we saw only two good acts
Portinatx very small only a small market place next resort take about 40/45mins on a bus to get to,trips out if booked with your travel agent very expensive best bet to go on the boat trips to es cana or san miguel
overall most of the staff are ok but the odd ones are really grumpy
the hippy market is good but very dear "

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

Fantastic holiday!

Reviewed Tue 28th of July 2009

"Just back from a 10 night holiday at the El greoc portinax with my husband and two boys. Hotel is really nice and the choice of food is very good. All the staff are very friendly and the reception staff are really nice. The pool area is kept nice and clean but you do need to get to the pool early to make sure you get a sunlounger. The beach is just down some steps from the hotel and is really nice. If you are thinking of booking this hotel and have children i would say go for it, we all had a great time! "

• Travel date: Sat 25th of July 2009

AMAZING HOLIDAY

Reviewed Fri 10th of July 2009

"i have just come back from el greco and want to get the next plane back again!!!!!there were 5 of us incuding my 6 yr old 5 yr old and 2 yr old.it was an amazing holiday.the hotel was clean and lovely.the reception staff were helpful.the maids were friendly and so were the waitresses in the restaurant.el greco is in a quiet peaceful location.the views from the hotel over looking the beautiful beach are just lovely.i cant express how pretty i thought the beach was.the sand was soft and clean and the water was clear.we took bread down everyday and fed the friendly fish.it was amazing they come and surround you and arent scared at all.the kids loved it.the waterpark is so much fun and the kids loved the slides.the small and big pool are perfect too.we didnt run out of things to do.the entertainers keep you busy in the day and at night.my 5 yr old even joined in with aqua exercises!!!!the entertainers talk to everyone and try to get evryone involved.the food is good they have lots of different choices i just wish there was a seperate kid section with a wider variety because my kids are fussy eaters but it wouldnt put me off going again!theres only a few local shops restaurants and bars so we stayed mainly around the hotel.glass bottom boat was a good trip!quite a few steps to go up and down everyday but made me fit!!!!an enjoyable holiday for us all!weather hot!!!!and great suntan!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of July 2009

Fab Family Holiday

Reviewed Wed 1st of July 2009

"Hi, Just returned yesterday from a fab 7 night stay at the El Greco with my 2 sons aged 2 and 11 years old. We all enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, Food fantastic, and beach ideal for young children. Never saw my eldest as always in the water park! There is a lot of steps and a bit of a nightmare with a buggy. but that is it's only fault!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of June 2009

EL GRECO

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"after reading all reviews on here i thought i would ad my little letter reagrding my stay here ..ok we have been to el greco now three times and in all them three times i loved it. its a three star hotel what do you expect from a three star ( silk towels,caviar,silver service ) come on get real.yes ok the food is copied in week two but lets not forget new people are arriving at the hotel. no one has ever moand about there first weks food.the staff are very friendly ok the receptionist is a bit of a cow but hey one out of 30 aint bad.the tour reps are fanstatic.barry is an awsome fella.there may not be much night life there .unlick ibiza town center but what they do have is del boys and vincents bar.highly recommended. not only is the beer great but the food is awsome at del boys.next door is a hire car firm hes great he will sort you out with a great deal if you are prepered to hagle with him.ok the hotel its cleaned everyday maids come changed bedding every morning around 10am so dont stay in bed lol the pool area is always cleaned aswell as the litle water park .which is fantastic for everyone.the star are also fantastic as i explained on the start of this little leter ( BIG LETTER ).you do get a bit of a swerer smell coming from the side of the wall ( at bbottom of the stairs turn right )but youy do get usedtoo to it trust me i know ( i did have a blocked nosebut soon cleared up )i will say this is the best part of ibiza if you wontoo relaxe.i would go back to el greco today if it wasent so bloody dam expensive now grrrr..anyways trust me dont go by the bad reviews on here .give it a try im sure you will love the place and be going bcak again and again like me and my family.. i have given this an honest 8* because it deserves it "

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

ermmmm

Reviewed Wed 24th of June 2009

"yes the beach was fantastic, yes the waterpark was ok, yes the drinks flowed freely but NO the food was very very repetative and always was hake on the menu. We stayed 7 nights and hake was on menu lunch and dinner?????? Pizzas lunch and dinner..... wheres the variety because sorry there wasnt alot of it..... The rooms were clean daily and the grounds were always clean...
Barry and Patty are the people who make the hotel as they are great with kids and in my opinion are worth their weight in gold to the complex. Its just a shame the drinks on all inclusive stop at 11pm and everything stops at 12 , why? This is meant to be a holiday...
So thank you bazza and patty as the first choice girls for kids were useless and even patty had to work her night off as the reps couldnt attend the mini disco but somehow attended the beach all day??????
100% not for couples or honeymooners or people with walking problems as the steps just keep going and going
Oh and food is also recycled through the day "

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2009