Food was lovely, waterpark was great, po...

Good
Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"Food was lovely, waterpark was great, pool too small and crowded but the beach was fantastic and more than made up for it. The night entertainment was awful, run by reps and very unprofessional. Hotel room was spacious and clean - maid service every day but make sure you ask for a sea view otherwise balcony views were of car parks or the road.

The hotel and resort is safe to allow the kids to roam on their own and mine made lots of friends. Overall we had a really great holiday and but we felt 7 days was just about enough."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

It was the best holiday I’ve ever had....

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"It was the best holiday I’ve ever had. I went with my mum, dad and my sister and our friends. We stayed in the el Greco hotel for a week and we had such a good time it weren’t long enough. We would definitely go back and would recommend it to other people. We went on the 26th of august 2005 before we went I read some reviews some were off- putting but I can reassure anyone that has doubts its a brilliant holiday. The food is fantastic and the water park is really good along with the pool and beautiful beach. Obviously you have to make sure you get a place by the pool early. The entertainment was great and there was never a dull moment all the reps are very friendly and great fun. There was some entertainment on every night to suit different people, and the clubs dances were alot of fun. There are some steps which you have to walk up n down to get to the town and the beach but it’s hardly any at all we had such a good time we hardly noticed. We are looking forward to going back next year."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of July 2005

El Greco - Great place for Families

Good
Reviewed Sat 22nd of December 2012

"We booked this holiday on a recomendation from a friend. Before we went we looked at the reviews, and thought what had we booked into,,,although my friend ensure me it was great. When we got there, initial impression was reception very modern, has been recently revamped and made bigger. Staff very friendly. The room was fairly small for a family of 4..but at the end of the day you are on holiday, you should not spend an awful lot of time in your room. The pool area has also been decorated and is vey clean. The pool bar was open from 11am daily, which was great for the kids going up and down to get icecream and drinks...waiters very friendly and very good with the kids. The food was excellent we did not have a single complaint. OUr reps were fantastic, particularly the hotel's reps who were jenni...she was great and was forever taking ourlittle girl out for walks or to the water park.. We did not have as good a impression for the thomsons reps, they were not around very often. Evening entertainment was good, kids disco to start then adult entertainment, some nights good some nights not so good,,,but you are on holiday, it is up to you to enjoy it,,,and that we did. We met up with some great friends and were very sorry to be going home. Please do not beleive everything you see on here...We would certainly go back...and 500 steps IS an exageration to the beach, and people who complain,k they should read the brochure before you book....it tells you about the steps."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2005

Good holiday if you like Butlins. Very n...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"Good holiday if you like Butlins. Very noisy didn’t get much sleep due to noise from other guests.

Pool too small didn’t get to it as it was always packed. Staff don’t speak much English but this wasn’t a problem as they didn’t speak to us much at all.

Beachfront location was fantastic although you do have to pay for the sunbeds 4 euros each. Water park very good lots of fun. Food was excellent much praise to the chefs. Great hotel for the kids."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

going back!!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"On reading the comments in this forum, have to say was shocked!!!!!
I was at the El Greco in July 2004, we had a lovely relaxing holiday.
On arrival My boyfriend and I had a room on the 1st floor, which looked out onto a brick wall, we complained and the hotel staff could not have been more helpful, they moved us!!! my children and parents had rooms that overlooked the sea...wow breathtaking.
The rest of the holiday was spent on the beach and in the water park, perfect....I have to say the pool aready is perhaps a little small for the size of the hotel (but hey the beach makes up for that), the water park, yes we had hours of fun there.
The town is small, but there was a brilliant market just outside the hotel on a Sunday, and I brought more than 2 handbags...............
the food was always of a good standard and the waitresses were more than friendly!!!!
So all in all, have to say we have booked to go back, I read this forum and am shocked by some of the comments, a holiday is what you make it and Portinax and the El Greco is in my book Lovely!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of February 2005

repping hotel from hell

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"i was a rep for thomsons at the hotel el grecco during april 2004-july 2004 , the hotel is shabby,it is very noisy at nyt times chidren running up and down corridors id have people queing up at the desk complaning every morning.but no matter wot we did itd still continue,familys fiting, children flying arond the whole hotel 24hrs screaming, the pool is basic, and theire is about 500 steps down to the beach impossible for people with prams.so i wouldnt even bother.the beach though is beautiful the most beautiful i think in the whole ov ibiza.but do be warned that mid season the sea gets swamed by jellyfish and it becomes a dare 2 get in or not.iv read the comment about thir being "poo" onthe beach. i can deniey that this was so it wasnot waste it was jus sea water form a pipe we did inform the guests this but they all think the worste and gossip. looking for "claims".the entertainment in the hotel is not run by thomsons so they have no control over it.last year it was run by steve ! yes a very arrogant french man, who bullyed the 2 spanish girls he worked with.his shows wer really funny in a crap kind ov way, grease and french bingo,which adults never mind little kids could understand(hidi hi entertainment).we did pass all the guests bad comments onto the hotel manerger who then came back an showed us the comment rates he had recived for entertainment which scored as excellent!(the forms you fill in on your way home on the plane,and which you giv ratings for)so we couldnt help.the food is advrage ok i suppose for familys. but the dining room does get a bit crammed.the allinclusiveness ov this hotel i think ruined it,by attacting the type ov persons who jus wish to get drunk all day and watch thier children run mad. skytores we nicknames scumtores for the type ov peple we got off the flights.i certinaly woul not wanna pay to stay in this hotel.
the resort ov portinax, the word desolate! springs to mide. i would no holiday here iv u paid me.bringing my transer busses into resort was terrible.first you climb a mountain to witch your ears pop.then you desend into portinax the father most point ov ibiza.the resort consists ov the hotls,main square and the beach. in the main squre thier is a few spas. a boozy buys"fake bargin booze",an 2 bars "delboys"+"vincents" delboys is ok for about 2 visits and vincents is open til 2.thats it no more! it gets very repetative cause you have no where else to go!!!!!! the nearest shopping center is sana eulallia 15 mins in a taxi, 20 eros 1 way!!!! and ibiza town is 40 mins away and costs about 40-50 euros one way!! in a taxi ! hefty wen your thire for 7-14 nyts and belive me you will wanna escape you will want to get out as much as poissible! thier is a bus witch runs to ibiza twn from potinatx once evey hr til 17.30. but dnt forget the last one back is 19.30 so iv u miss it ull b looking at 50 euros to get hm.thier r a few bars along the beachbut noting special thirs about 2 and the smell ov the beach in the evening wold but you off it smell lyk raw sewarge.i coldnt carry on working in this resort so i moved in july. i tryed but portinatx "the snatch" as we called it jus got 2 much. i wold advise anyone not to holiday here unless the enjoyd torture. and as for the hotel el grecco. r name was the"hel getto" beware."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of January 2005

Very friendly helpful staff. We went the...

Reviewed Sun 31st of August 2003

"Very friendly helpful staff. We went there with our two children and their kids club was brilliant. There is a water park on site and unusually your all inclusive is valid there also. Hours of fun for children and adults alike. Rooms very clean and food was very varied, plenty of choice for fussy children too!. We will certainly return and would recommend to anybody. Good all round holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2003