Well after reading some of the reviews b...

Reviewed Mon 11th of September 2006

"Well after reading some of the reviews before going on our holiday it would put anyone going but we had a fantastic time. Six adults, two boys (aged 15 and 16) and a girl (aged 3).

Never saw the boys as they were busy playing football, snooker competition, darts, water polo etc. In the evening they would go off with there friends to a couple of the English bars and it was safe and quiet to let them do this. Little girl had a fab time and the reps Leah, Stanley and Yvette were absolutely brilliant with the kids.

Hotel clean, rooms basic but for the time that was spent in the them we could have slept in a tent. Food was fab with something to suit everyone pizza, pasta, burgers, chips, fish, plenty of meat (steak, pork, lamb, chicken) salads and plenty of ice-cream and desert.

The only smell of sewerage was about a couple of minutes a day and after a couple of days didn't seem to notice. The pool doesn't have the sun all day so we spent time on the beach which was brill as we went snorkelling, on the pedlos and had a lot of fun.

Well we will definitely return as was a beautiful place with just enough going on but no hustle and bustle. There are cash machines as I read before going that there was no bank services. Also a bus service. Anyway overall a fantastic, relaxing time.

• Travel date: Mon 11th of September 2006

Was a bit apprehensive before we got to...

Good
Reviewed Sat 9th of September 2006

"Was a bit apprehensive before we got to El Greco after reading the reviews! But as a family of four with two boys aged 14 & 12 we cannot fault the activities which kept the boys busy for the best part of the 2 weeks we were there.

Kids happy means parents happy. We have been to a few all-inclusive holidays over the years and found El Greco to be one of the best.

Rooms are basic but we don’t go on a 2 week holiday to spend it in the room! They were cleaned every day that we where there. Found the staff to be pleasant

Best thing of all no Germans! All British families.

Would go back to the hotel and resort

• Travel date: Sat 9th of September 2006

I have to agree with some of the comment...

Good
Reviewed Mon 28th of August 2006

"I have to agree with some of the comments regarding the smell of sewerage, talking to some of the locals, the smell was worse in August than it has been for a long time, only noticeable at certain times and in certain areas, personally I’d rather smell this than put up with the clouds of smoke in the bar.

Fantastic food (our five year old was very impressed!) and staff, Stanley, Leah and Yvette were great with the children and adults.

Pool okay, beach fantastic, take snorkels and food for the fish. The location was great, quiet in the evenings, view outstanding. Our room was basic but really clean and did the job.

There were a lot of steps, not the place for those with prams or wheel chairs, ramps would have been ideal.

I probably wouldn't go again for a while but wouldn't discount it after we've visited other places. Look under the stairs by the bar for inflatables etc left by other guests, take a Frisbee for your drinks, they didn't have trays."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

Hotel basic and actually being painted d...

Reviewed Sun 27th of August 2006

"Hotel basic and actually being painted during our stay. The food was fine the first week but went down hill from then.

The smell was unbearable and possibly a health risk my husband has a severe chest infection. The water park is in need of maintenance but it was a break from the stench.
Thomson reps were only there to ensure you gave full marks on the questionnaire. The entertainment was okay and thank God for Stanley and Leah, Thomson children’s reps were embarrassing at mini disco time a complete sham.

Portinatx is as lovely as the rest of Ibiza and the beach is fab but i would not recommend anyone stay at the El Greco."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Just got back yesterday and as I find re...

Reviewed Sat 26th of August 2006

"Just got back yesterday and as I find reviews useful I thought I'd add one. This was our first time all inc and to Ibiza. I agree with all the comments good and bad already published but we have 4 girls aged 13, 11, 10 & 8 and overall they had an excellent holiday. They enjoyed the water park and most of the evening entertainment, the beach on the doorstep and some of the daytime activities. They were happy and so were we. Definitely a very relaxed holiday for us, holidays are what you make them!

The resort is very quiet day and night, the hotels were all quiet by midnight. If the water park admission had not been included in our holiday we would have been at a loss. The water park is long overdue a refurb but it was fun and the kids and adults all seemed to enjoy it. Plenty of sun beds around and the lifeguards were very attentive. I was pleasantly surprised when I had to use the loos to find them clean with plenty of toilet paper. The pathway to the slides was slippery and could have done with a hose down but taking extra care we were fine.

The food was excellent quality although the pairing of the dishes was a bit muddled at times. Giovanni and his pizzas were a huge hit with the girls (and Dad) and he was so lovely to all the kids. We ate between 8.15-8.30pm and we were rushed along to be out of the restaurant by 9.15 although dinner is 6.15- 9.15. Its the same breakfast and lunch but the food is always freshly topped up no matter what the time. The waitresses also are so quick to clear the table as you eat and it gets irritating but I guess they only doing their job.

The pool is too small and a bit cold but we always got a bed on the upper level without getting up at dawn. The pool bar staff were excellent and friendly and great with all the little kids and we never waited very long.

We had two rooms opposite and the beds were lined up but we were comfy. The rooms were clean but overall the paintwork looked tired. We had a partial sea view on one side but the other room didn’t.

The entertainment was really quite bad (but typically Spanish holiday) although Stanley did try hard and the kids seemed to enjoy it. The Robbie tribute was about the best.

The all inc bar closes sharp at 11 and a queue usually forms about 10.45 but its ok. We are not big drinkers but you couldn’t get tea or coffee up to midnight unless you paid.

There’s no accounting for manners and some people and their kids obviously have none, banging doors, spilling drinks and running wild but the majority were well behaved. I did feel sorry for the teenagers who mostly hung out on the beach at night but they were never any trouble.

One final note, the transfer is about 45 mins, hilly and windy so if your kids don’t travel well don't forget the sick bags!

Like I said we all had a chilled time so I hope this helps anyone thinking of booking el greco. "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006

It was the first time we'd been to Ibiza...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of August 2006

"It was the first time we'd been to Ibiza and The El Greco and I would NEVER go again. The food was ok but a bit repetitive. The reps were, well they couldn’t even speak English properly!

The water park was rotten. It was dirty and I didn’t feel safe on the slides at all. The rooms were tiny! Our beds were laid in a row we were like sardines in a tin! The staff weren't very friendly either.

I think they are very pervy over young girls like me. They are always looking and I didn’t like it. The smell of sewerage is disgusting! It’s worse than dog pooh, it’s absolutely revolting!

Overall the hotel is rubbish. It smells of sewers and there’s nothing to do its so boring!!!!!!!!! The entertainment is appalling as well! I would advise you not to go because it’s a waste of money and I couldn’t wait to go home!

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of August 2006

Pool to small, nothing to do for teenage...

Reviewed Thu 17th of August 2006

"Pool to small, nothing to do for teenagers, the smell of sewage takes your breath away. The rooms are too small.

We are a good northern family, who like good holidays, but the El Greco is a rubbish hotel, the best thing is the food."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

Ok, call me a snob if you must but there...

Reviewed Sat 29th of July 2006

"Ok, call me a snob if you must but there is no way I would return to this hotel. My husband and I were a little wary anyway as we never stay in anything less than 4 star. However, we were assured by Thompson that this was a great hotel and we would love it. It was a last minute thing so we decided to go for it. My husband is in his 50's I am in my 20's and our daughter is 10, we go on holiday for one reason, a rest and a tan!!

On arrival, the hotel reception looked drab and in need of updating. Our room was basic to say the least but in fairness it was clean. The proximity to the beach was brilliant and there was a fun free water park just outside for the kids to play in.

Our first port of call was the pool and but we could only stay there for a few minutes. The hotel sewage was awful and anyone in their right mind headed for the beach. The only thing that kept people by the pool was the all inclusive booze and ice-cream. Personally, I wasn't that desperate! We frequented the beach every day and my husband and our daughter had a go at the water sports which are located on the beach side. Be aware though that the sun beds are not free and cost us 12 euros per day. Worth every penny though!

The food was good, although typical buffet food but you never got hungry. The variety was good and I enjoyed breakfast most of all.

The entertainment would have actually been very good if it wasn’t held around the smelly pool area. We often sat inside to get away from the disgusting smell which became progressively worse if the wind blew.

This year we are heading back to our beloved 4 stars in Tenerife where there is decided lack of football shorts, football t-shirts, bare chests, and trainers at dinner! This hotel was stacked with Brits only and I have to say, so many of them put our nation to shame. At least Germans know how to dress for dinner and have a certain air of decorum.

Ibiza is a beautiful Island, just stay clear of the el greco unless you have no sense of smell!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of July 2006

Reading other peoples comments, some mos...

Reviewed Tue 25th of July 2006

"Reading other peoples comments, some mostly saying about sewage! I personally could not smell any sewage the whole week I stayed there I thought the food was brilliant I went with my mum my grandma and my best friend and not one of us had a bad holiday!

Yes… there might be lots of steps but not that much that it tires you out for the rest of the day and it also says in the brochure when you book the holiday what to expect about the steps so I don’t see why you are complaining when you have been told about them! I loved being by the pool in the day because it was such a friendly environment with the games going on in the pool. The beach was beautiful we only really went to the beach to go in the sea we never sunbathed on there but the sea was lovely, clear blue. People have said there was jellyfish in the sea there, to be honest I didn’t see any at all and i went in the sea everyday.

The water park was really fun I only went in there twice but I had a really good time and you still have your all inclusive bar in there as well as in your hotel, I liked the two water slides at the side of each other because me and my friend could go down at the same time! The rooms were very normal. When we first went in to our room we looked straight at the beds and there was only 3 beds and there was 4 of us so we was just about to go down to complain when I spotted there was a bed that you had to pull out under the other bed so beware of that. There aren’t many shops in Portinatx but the ones that are there are ok if you want to buy lilos and small presents.

There is some bars that you could go to on a night if you get bored of the entertainment at the hotel which some entertainment is good such as the hypnotist, the parrot show but like I said if you get bored go to Dellboys or Vincents bar which I really liked Vincents bar because if you fancied a dance with your mates then you could at the end of the night! I liked that bar best.

I went there for a week and I really enjoyed my holiday I would go there again! Also the weather was really hot and I got a good tan which I was proud of :D"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

We just got back after two weeks at El G...

Reviewed Tue 25th of July 2006

"We just got back after two weeks at El Greco and are going to book again for next year!

The food was excellent, you cannot fault it, there is so much choice - something for everyone! You can eat from 8am-12pm, the restaurant is only shut for about two hours during the day, but you can get ice creams and lollies all day. If you are going out for the day packed lunches are provided upon request.

The water park was brilliant, we enjoyed it just as much as my son! There is a free bar there too where you can get your All Inclusive drinks and ice creams - we spent most of our days there! There is a small pool with a little slide suitable for young children, and unlike the hotel pool it never seems to get crowded. There are two 'medium' slides, and three fast ones - my son loved it.

The hotel is well presented and the staff are brilliant, especially with the children.

The hotel is literally on the beach, which is stunning - clear water with fish swimming around you. Watch out for jellyfish though!

There are some nice spots around the area to look for crabs and feed the fish (take some bread from the hotel!), this kept my three year old happy.

Now for the bad points. There is a smell in the hotel, but it is not as bad as has been said, it seems to be worse of an evening and only is a particular part of the pool area, and you can't smell it from the pool or anywhere else in the hotel!

There are a lot of steps, the only place that can be reached without steps is the restaurant as there are steps to the pool, to the beach, to the water park etc, but it says that in the brochure so everyone that is moaning about it should have booked somewhere else! I have a young baby with a buggy which I had to get up and down the steps but it didn't bother me, some people are just lazy!

The entertainment isn't up to much either, 8.30-9.30 is children's disco, followed by bingo, and the main entertainment starts at 10pm. We had some good shows when we were there such as a Robbie tribute act, hypnotist and parrot show. The entertainment staff were brilliant, in particular Stanley who made our evenings and even managed to make bingo entertaining!

Portinatx is a very quiet place, not totally in the middle of nowhere, it has quite a few shops dotted around, and a few restaurants. It has a couple of bars but no nightclubs so if you are looking for a lively holiday this isn't for you, but if you are a family with young children like us you will love it."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

This is the worst holiday I have ever be...

Reviewed Sat 1st of July 2006

"This is the worst holiday I have ever been on. 11 people in our party and we could not wait to catch the plane home.

Resort very small, blink and you will miss it, the only good thing was the beach and sea. I would have slept there if I could have done. The hotel sewers can be smelt all the time, the pool to small plus smell put you off, water park has seen its best days but I daresay some enjoyed it.

The service was good and mostly clean, but had a room at the back and the noise was lousy to say the least.

Go there at your peril, if you have kids you might enjoy it, but entertainment is aimed purely for kids. Would not set foot in Ibiza again."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of July 2006

I’ve just got back from Ibiza on Monda...

Reviewed Wed 14th of June 2006

"I’ve just got back from Ibiza on Monday and thought id write a review, overall I had a good holiday, unfortunately my nephew had an accident but my sister was very impressed with the hospital service.

The food was really nice, and the hotel rooms were ok, the weather was really good and I really enjoyed the entertainment particularly the parrot show and the hypnotist show.

I would definitely book there again next year."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of June 2006