Good

family of eleven al ages

Reviewed Fri 5th of June 2015

"I am 68 and went with family and grandchildren eleven of us in total for ten days was bit worried wouldnt be enough to do but i was wrong was fab be going back soon and and my daughter and children going again next month no complaints beautiful scenery just wish i had a better view as i was at the back and a nice view is important although i requested it was not mentioned i had to pay another 200 pounds for sea view and couldn't afford it . should be mentioned when booked instead of living in hope of a room with a view ."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of June 2015

Perfect family hotel

Reviewed Wed 7th of January 2015

"I will start with why i only gave it 8 out of 10, 1 point knocked off for the steps, 1 point knocked off for the small pool, But this hotel is brilliant, the food is the best AI food we have ever had, the staff are very friendly & helpful... Its a very beautiful island with amazing views...if you want a chilled family holiday this is the place to go..returning for the 3rd time this year..."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2015

great hotel

Reviewed Thu 20th of June 2013

"just got back today 19th june 2013,good points the hotel staff are very helpfull always happy to help, the food is the best I have had on holiday,the rooms are spotless cleaned everyday infact the hotel is spotless very nice hotel... bad points,the pool is a little small for the size of the hotel, people up at 6 to put towels on sun beds and not coming to use them till 3 in afternoon bit selfish for other people.entertainment is a poor we were there for 14 days and only couple good night but my kids loved the singsongs and mini disco, the guests who stayed in this hotel were the main problem letting kids run wild spilling drinks all over ice lollys thrown in the lifts 4year olds using a 12 inch bread knife to cut bread even tho there was a notice saying adults only use the knife, adults picking the bread up with bare hands n not using the cloths provided by the hotel that's how so many people get stomach bugs 4-5 year olds getting there own red hot bowls of soup and dropping it all over. I would go back anytime.. all in all hotel,food, and staff are brilliant. its some of the guests who spoil it not all just a small number....."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of June 2013

Mark and boys loved it

Reviewed Tue 4th of June 2013

"What can i say we loved it my boys liked it and the food was very good beach on the door steep would go back again any time "

• Travel date: Tue 4th of June 2013

amazing

Reviewed Thu 20th of October 2011

"just came back from this hotel on sat 24 sept 2011 food fantastic hotel staff brilliant hotel very clean 2 lovely beaches chinese resteraunt to die for will definately go back martin cross and gang of 5."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2011

An excellent holiday, the best for many years

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"We took our 4 children (10, 8, 6 and 5 years)to the El Greco for a week's late Summer holiday. We all loved it! There was plenty to do during the day, with activities organised every hour or so during the day, such as football, water polo, pool, darts, shuffleboard .... Between delicious meals - Breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon tea, supper and drinks and lollies in between. The food was outstanding and there was so much choice, the show cooking was delicious and steaks were cooked just the way you wanted, if you smiled and asked! There was plenty of delicious fresh fruit, ripe, juicy, sweet.
I didn't lift a finger all week to cook, clean, prepare meals or clear up. We did a few activities of our own, walking to the little island around the corner of the bay, walking to the tower on the hill, the excellent glass bottomed boat and a pedlo ride. The snorkelling is excellent in the warm, clear water, with wild fish eating bread from your hand. Memorable in every way.
The kids loved the water park, the rides were good and not too busy. The free bar serving drinks and lollies was excellent and the staff friendly and pleasant.
We loved the evening entertainment (although it was late - about 9 or 9.30 every evening) The drag act was really funny, the magician very good and the dancers excellent. The gang enjoyed the mini disco and joined in with enthusiasm.
The hotel was really clean, our rooms swept, mopped and beds made every day by a happy and smiling Senora.
If I could change anything, I would add some exercise classes (to work off the food!), make the evening entertainment earlier and add wifi to the rooms."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of September 2011

I love this hotel

Reviewed Tue 9th of August 2011

"I visited the el greco in august With my husband two daughters and their young families .The food was fabulous , different variations of food to suit everyone. Pizza, fresh fish. meat lovely salads , sweets to die for. you name it they had it .The staff were lovely ,and did their best to help if you had a problem and always had smiles on their faces even when they were under pressure .. We went on the last week before start of term. It was very busy . But we had lots of fun on the beach , We spent a lot of time snorkelling , and feeding the fish . If you dont like crowds and noise dont go at this time of the year . But If you are with your kids they"l have a whale of a time. I have been to the el Greco in October and it was idyllic.
The Hotel has lots of steps to the beach , and if you are not so nimble you could stuggle . But would definetly go back to this hotel, but I would go off season , to relax and recharge my batteries. Thanks El Greco. chrissie"

• Travel date: Thu 4th of August 2011

Amazing!!

Reviewed Mon 18th of July 2011

"My friend and I along with my kids spent a week at the El Greco in June. We had the most fantastic time and I could't fault a single aspect of the holiday. If you aren't great at climbing stairs or are in a wheelchair then I wouldn't advise this resort as it is on a hill and there are a few steps from the pool down to the beach.

The hotel is kept beautifully clean. The reception area is spotless and rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels left daily by the lovely, friendly maids.

The food is wonderful, great choice and something available every night even for the fussiest of eaters. The pizzas are the best I have ever tasted and I have been to Italy! I can't believe some people on here have complained about the food! It's the best hotel food i've tasted.

There's an inside bar and a pool bar. The bar staff are really friendly and work very hard to serve all the thirsty punters and clear the tables.

My daughter loved the kids disco and both her and my son loved the entertainment which followed after the disco every night. they particularly loved the Parrot Show and I thought the tv quiz show and karaoke were great fun. There's also a good amount of entertainment during the day.

As I said earlier there are a couple of dozen stairs from the hotel down to the beach NOT the 50 odd stairs that some keep mentioning on here. The beach is well worth a visit as during high season the pool can get a bit cramped. What can I say about the beach?? STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL and very clean. The water is so clear, the fish swim right up to you! It's also shallow quite far out which is great for the kids.

The resort is very quiet but everything you need is at the hotel. We had a brilliant time and are booking up for next July. Can't wait!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of July 2011

Very enjoyable holiday

Reviewed Tue 14th of September 2010

"My family (2 adults, 2 children aged 10 & 14) have recently returned from El Greco. We stayed for 11 nights and booked with Thomas Cook.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool area was small but we never stayed in one place very long. We joined in all the activities that were on offer with the activities team who I must say were great fun. We spent time on the beach which had clean golden sand and swimming in the clear blue sea. You can feed the fish with bread which was AMAZING! The water park was great and had its own bar that you could get drinks and ice-cream from if you were all inclusive (which we were!)

Yes there are a few steps down to the beach (probably about 30 - to busy enjoying myself to count them exactly) and probably about 20 steps to the pool area, but to be honest these were not a problem for us. I actually though it was really nice to have a walk from one place to another (it gave a chance to burn of each meal before you started another)

The restaurant was clean and organised. The meals were quite repetative but they were always hot and fresh and there was always a wide selection from pizza, pasta, salads, meat, fish, deserts, bread, chips and potatoes. You certainly won't go hungry.

The complex was very secure and the children met lots of new friends. Majority of the guest were English and very friendly. There seem no need to put your towels out as we always found a sun bed whether we went to the pool or waterpark!

TIP: Snooker table cheaper at the shops which was 1 minute away and the coffee was nicer from the bars than from the make you own coffee counter.

Our room was on the cramped side but there were four of us! We only went back to the room to shower and sleep which was fine!

All in all it was a great holiday and I would recommend it to those with children, but probably not those with babies or toddlers because of the steps. Also this is obviously a family resort so for those wanting a child free enviroment this is not the place for you.

We are definatly considering returning next year."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of September 2010

worst hotel in ibiza

Reviewed Fri 27th of August 2010

"This was a truly terrible experience. My partner and I booked this hotel through Flight Centre from the UK - we arrived and to our surprise they had given away our room. Apparently if you don't check in by 12noon on the day of your arrival they are at liberty to re-sell your room. Not that they let us know this! No, they made us wait the entire day before they informed us. We're still trying to get a 325pounds refunded! The reception staff were also exceptionally rude and dismissive, and by the looks of things I'd say only go there if you're particularly boring, average tourist with a big family. And even then, the 'Waterslide Park' they advertise is closed on a Saturday! Not sure why.

This was by far, my worst travel experience. But the Portinatx Paradise Beach Resort around the cliff were amazing - organised, helpful, cheap, beautiful views and location. By far a better choice!"

• Travel date: Fri 27th of August 2010

Fair value for money

Reviewed Tue 10th of August 2010

"We've just come back from the hotel El Greco. Fairly good experience.

Good points: water park great - 5 slides 3 of them really good. (childs one and 1 other you get stuck as not enough water to push you through)
Beds really comfy
accommodation - spotlessly clean
Food - generally good except deserts (see below)

Could improve:
Deserts were poor to be honest. I have a sweet tooth which had to be satisfied with rice pudding every day (you get a bit sick of it after 9 days) as the only other options were fresh fruit, jelly or weird custard with lots of nutmeg on the top or cakes that looked ok but were completely tasteless - hardly anyone ate any. They didn't change this - it remained the same every day. Was really disappointed.

Entertainment: A chap called Barry came across as quite obnoxious. He hogged the microphone most of the time (2 other entertainers, Nick from the Netherlands and a Spanish woman didn't get much of a look in). Of the 9 nights we were 'entertained' 3 nights - there was a hypnotist who was brilliant but was just an emergency stand in instead of 2 transvestites ....honest - i'm not joking - god only knows what their routine would have been - we would have gone out to avoid it anyway . There was a short parrot show which was nice especially for the kids and a lively quiz. Some of the entertainment was really dire. There's no kids disco (which with all inclusive I thought there would be) they got half an hour of the same routine every night before Barry took over with bingo and asking where everyone came from (every night - god he must be bored)

Noise at night: If you have a seaview don't expect any sleep except between 11:30pm (when the 'entertainment' stops) and 7am as there's noise all other times (a siesta is possible in the afternoon).

I read the reviews before I went as I like an unbaised opinion from people who've stayed before. They can be misleading however. One person has written that there are 10 steps to the beach!!!! LOL no...we counted them (as we've a toddler we didn't want lots of going up and down) there are 51 steps exactly to get to the beach from the hotel. There are 2 flights of steps to get to the pool (sorry didn't count them - not such a problem with the number but they are really slippery with flip flops on) and you need to go down the 51 steps them across a bit of beach and up a ramp and 5-6 steps to the water park which is situated separately to the side of the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of August 2010

Worth a trip!

Reviewed Fri 6th of August 2010

"Just came back from a week in El Greco. We went with 3 children and met up with some relatives: total 10 adults + 10 children.

Had a great time! This hotel is a family hotel so couples might prefer somewwhere else. Practically everyone has children with them.

Pluses? The hotel is immaculate! We stayed in a family deluxe room overlooking the pool and beach. But some overlook the carpark. No big deal really. The staff were very friendly, and the whole hotel is very well run! The beach was great! All sand and plenty of fish that the kids fed with bread! Doesn't get too deep quickly which is good with kids. Plenty of shops to buy any swimming gear snorkels etc. Sun loungers/ umbrellas available on the beach for 5 euro a day. You get a receipt which you can use should you wish to go back later.

There's a water park just across from the hotel which was great fun and not too packed!! There's also a bar there, free if you're all inclusive. The pool at the hotel is perhaps a little too small considering the amount of people you get those towels down early and leave there kids at the pool but they all seem to enjoy it. If you want to swim the beach will be much more fun.
There's only about 20 steps. If you can't manage that you might as well forget the swimming and water park too!

You should definitely go on the glass bottom boat ride from the beach. It's 10 euro per adult, 5 per child. Lasts just under an hour. Everyone enjoyed the under water views. Amazing!

The only down side for me was some of the food. Ok I am a bit picky so maybe it'll be fine for you! I'm not into fish or pork. These are the main stays of the meat selections. I only really like chicken/turkey. Chicken was only available twice which was lovely grilled though. The grill there is usually pork or some fish, usually hake. The burgers were pork not beef. Same with the meatballs, spagetti bolognese etc. The desserts were the same everyday but there is plenty of options: chocolate,vanilla,strawberry cake. Ice cream, creamed rice pudding, tons of fruit. Alcoholic drinks are free on the all inclusive package. The dining hall is very well organised those and there is lote of choice, meat aside.

There's not a whole lot outside the hotel and some go the Ibiza town which is 40mins away but bus/taxi. The bus is less than 4 euro I'm told. Might not suit those with kids in the hot weather though.

All in all I would recommend a trip here. Fews reviews would advise not to have a holiday here and I'm sure you'd enjoy it! If you love sun and sea this is great but I reckon 1 weel is plenty of time here!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of August 2010

Hotels near Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel

• Mel91 by Mel91

"Already booked next holiday here in june, best place in ibiza! "

• powerpuffgirl by powerpuffgirl

"Loved it- We are going next year! "

• lizpitts by lizpitts

"its a beautiful part of ibiza and would definately go again "

• lizpitts by lizpitts

"the beach is beautiful and the glass bottom boat was a good trip "

• steponme89 by steponme89

"visit del boys for your breakfast you won't regret it!! "

• micksta74 by micksta74

"ibiza town on a friday night "

• Wiggles by Wiggles

"Secluded location but lots to do on site! "

• Southy by Southy

"Loved Portinatx, for quiet relaxing holiday "

• mick st helens by mick st helens

"Ideal for families,old & young "

• taekwondomad by taekwondomad

"Very small resort and nothing to do if bad weather "

• sambo85 by sambo85

"a boat trip that took you in to a little cave,and walking round to the other 2 beaches(small ones) "

• sol by sol

"the beach and the plane leaving the island "

• Matilda by Matilda

"FAB hotel, staff, but most clients were slobs!! "

• jayniewaniewoo by jayniewaniewoo

"Small resort with a few shops. Not alot to do if the weather's not great. "

• Pablo23 by Pablo23

"Visit Selma in Boozy Buys Off License/Bar. The Conversation is rich & the drink is cheap! "

• MacnVal by MacnVal

"Loved this hotel looking forward to returning October "

• rokerzammo by rokerzammo

"Very small resort, handful of bars and restaurants, beautiful cove/bay, shallow waters "

• rokerzammo by rokerzammo

"Only went to Hippy market sightseeing outside of resort "

• Fiona by Fiona

"Take the glass bottom boat tour and buy snorkelling kit on the first day. "

• jenny455 by jenny455

"GREAT PLACE LOVED IT SO MUCH "

Sandos El Greco Beach Hotel is also called