About Hotel Presidente

• bicycle rental
  • table tennis
  • spanish amenities
  • kids club
  • free public parking nearby
  • billiards
  • convenience store
  • solarium
  • entertainment staff

Sadly dissapointing!

Reviewed 10th June 2014

"We decided to stay at the Presidents as family had stayed here a few years ago and rated it highly. Also reading reviews nothing was really putting us off. The rooms were standard we had 3 single beds (2 pushed together) for ourselves and our son although we just pushed the 3 together to make one massive bed. The cheap wooden balcony doors locked with a cheap hook on lock and made a hell of a racket when opening and closing them. Rooms were cleaned, beds were made and clean towels were provided daily. It was 30 euros (10 euros deposit) for the safety box, same price for use of the empty fridge in the room. We also read there were kettles/drink facilities in the rooms but you had to ask reception for this and a maid would bring a kettle to your room (about 12hrs later but at least it was free). All meals throughout the day were good, enough to choose from although more variety for children should be taken into account. The snacks provided throughout the day were actually just dry ham and cheese sandwiches between 11am-1pm and 3pm-5pm and tiny little pots of ice-cream (mainly chocolate) for children which would occasionally run out (quite poor considering this is a kids/family hotel), other lolly ices or ice creams had to be paid for. Pool area was good, plenty of sunbeds and tables and chairs, one main pool, small children's pool and a separate water play area for little one's. Separate adults area with sun lounger sand tables and chairs (if you want a bit of peace this is ideal as there are lots of kids remember). The pool bar would close at 5.30pm, whilst there would still be approx 70% of the guests still out there, and the same waiter would then go inside and open the indoor bar where there was not a sole. The main downfall for the President is the Activities and Entertainment or should I say lack of it. The Activities Board showed one activity per day, from 11am for 1hr it would either be Football, Rifle Shooting or Archery (not all 3, just one of them) and that was basically it, nothing going on around the pool (ie. aerobics or pool games). Of an evening, 8pm-8.50pm was toddlers disco (most action songs, ie. Superman, etc. were in Spanish so the kiddies where just following the actions) and then the Frozen (film) soundtrack, oh and YMCA - exact same repetitive music every single night. 9pm-10pm Bingo which the kids would assist with (quite long winded). We were there a week and there were 3 live shows, one was a magician another a dance act and another one was a 60's/70's Rod Stewart lookalike Crooner. For half term week this was very poor, for 4 nights there was nothing else going on at all. We had also heard that the so called 'Entertainment' usually took place at the outdoor stage area but not once was this used the whole time we were there, it was all crammed into the small indoor area. There was no Entertainment Team or Reps doing anything at all. We were all inclusive but ended up going out spending money elsewhere as nothing was going on at the Hotel. Also the children's play area was basically machines that either took 2 euros to play pool, air hockey, etc. and 1-2 euros for machines that gave you bouncy balls or cheap tacky sweets/toys so we would be constantly throwing money in them to keep our 5 year old entertained, then when you went to reception or the bar to ask for coins they wouldn't change your notes or give you any coins??? There was one guy called Nacho who basically done everything, he worked his socks off he done the all activities, bingo, etc. and there was another Spanish lady who would dance with the toddlers and occasionally help do the bingo. At exactly 11pm the all inclusive stopped and if you wanted any more drinks you had to pay, even for a cuppa or coffee and the polystyrene/paper cups they were provided in you would basically get two sips out of. This is supposedly a Thomson hotel, there were 2 reps (young girls in their early 20's) who would show their faces occasionally and would do the early morning meet and greet (basically selling day trips, etc), the umbrella's around the pool area had the Thomson logo's cut out of them. All the people we met who had been here before had said the Hotel had got worse and worse over the years. The beaches are lovely and it's a short walk from the hotel although my parents did struggle with the steep hill and the even steeper entrance into the hotel grounds, it put them off going down there. We were on the 2nd floor on the front entrance side of the hotel overlooking the car park and we basically had a massive tree right in front of our balcony, no view and no sun at all, drying things was a nightmare. If you can get a room on the pool side (where my parents where) great views and sun all day. We stayed in the El Greco Hotel (next door) a few years ago and compared to this it was fab, activities on throughout the day, evening entertainment every night and food was great. Only small downfall here though was the small pool area but it was basically on the beach and also had a small water park which El Greco guests could use for free. We booked through Travel Republic and paid £800 all inclusive for 2 adults and a child, we met another couple with their child who booked through Thomson and paid £1400 for the exact same holiday so be sure to shop around. Unless the President raise their standards then they are going to be the worst hotel in Portinax."

• Travel date: 6th June 2014

Major changes

Reviewed 9th June 2014

"Just returned from a weeks all inclusive holiday with my hubby and two kids. I must say I was very disappointed this time around. We have previously stayed at this hotel and first time around was fantastic! This was the reason we decided to go back. Unfortunately the hotel was a huge let down due to the lack of entertainment and activities for the kids in particular. Our first visit included Thomsons staff being very proactive with families and kids and adults were never bored.....this time around we found ourselves bored with very little to do. The rumour is that Thomson staff have withdrew due to "financial issues" and the hotel is no longer classed as a super family hotel.......such a shame as they got it soooooo right before! Don't get me wrong there are two kids entertainers who do their very best and Nacho in particular was very good with the kids. The activities however, were infrequent, limited to certain ages and costly, for example, ten Euros to scuba dive to the bottom of the pool for five mins! Food quality had dropped and choices were limited but I guess you could always find something to eat. The hotel was as clean as ever and situated close to the beach (although on a steep hill so not recommended for those with poor mobility). Views from the hotel were beautiful and the sunset could be seen each night from the poolside.....gorgeous. Go back to what you do best and make it the super family hotel it once was! We won't be back otherwise."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2014

A very well appointed hotel in a fab location

Reviewed 13th November 2013

"Excellent resort quiet but the views are stunning .the hotel is on a bit of a hill .the food was very good plenty of choice,the drinks were very good and not watered down .would def recommend and will return . "

• Travel date: 9th November 2013

it was fantastic

Reviewed 17th September 2013

"It was a wonderful hotel, staff a very friendly, food was good if you like chips everyday and deserts are lovely, entertainment everyday for children and adults, to get to the shops you have to go down a steep in hill pass the beach and up a hill again, I would go again with my bf we enjoyed like it was are first, anyway the rooms are lovely we did ask for a double bed but we got 2 single beds pushed together but we didn't mind."

• Travel date: 15th September 2013

going there on the 16th of august to the 30th

Reviewed 6th August 2013

"I cart wait, my dads sister had been there and they said it was really good lots to do there and the hotel is fab food really good a bit of a walk down the steep hill a we have been there be for (but not in president)I will all so recommend the café above the large brown steps next to the crazy golf"

• Travel date: 4th August 2013

Beautiful place to stay.

Reviewed 12th February 2013

"Stayed for 10 nights and my 7 year old didn't want to go home despite the fact that he was stung by a jelly fish in the sea! Lovely hotel with brilliant entertainment, abit of a 10 minute hike to the beach but it kept you fit! One day some jelly fish came into shore and my son was stung but the lifeguard sorted him straight away and when we told the rep they were very concerned but my son was fine. Food excellent and my hubby won a t shirt for playing water football."

• Travel date: 11th February 2013

Lovely

Reviewed 27th January 2013

"This hotel is brilliant! I went there may 2012 and it was great, all the reps were lovely but the staff could be a bit off with people sometimes. They served me alcohol and I'm 15! I didn't think that was right but oh well :) I would love to stay there again but it is very pricy to go! The beach is so close to the hotel, there's all sorts of things to do in the day, there's train rides, I went out in the sea on a pedal boat, it was great fun! I would defiantly recommend this hotel to family's because its so much fun. The food is nice, they didn't have a lot and if you wanted them to put extra out they don't speak any English at all so it's a waste of time asking! They have a little clown section for children and they have LOADS of desserts! For breakfast it is early but it's worth it, if you have relatives who don't want to get up to go and get food then you could go and get it for them and bring it up to your room. They didn't mind when I did it ;). Overall a lovely place to stay :) oh and it's a clean and tidy place, there's no dirt on the floor, it smells lovely and there's a shop just below if you get pekish :)"

• Travel date: 27th January 2013

Amazing!

Reviewed 16th August 2012

"Stayed at the Presidente for only a week and how i do wish i was much more! Fantastic holiday. The hotel was always clean, the restaurant always had a good choice of meals and a good selection for children. The rooms although slightly small were enough when most of the time is spent making the most of the other facilities, the beds were comfy for the return of an evening. Although steep but short walk down a hill to a beautiful sandy beach and a selection of bars and restaurants. The hotel staff were very friendly and always happy to help. And as for the Thomson reps absolutely faultless! With a constant friendly and welcoming attitude with a great deal of local knowledge. The entertainment reps- Especially Ditzy Danielle along with Minty Moo and Tip-Top Tom were incredible, working the socks off all day and throughout the evening captivating for both children and adults, they always have activities for everyone to be involved in, aswell as the Kids club and crèche. No one could ever get bored with them three! I will miss their energy and friendliness greatly! Only wish i could go back tomorrow!"

• Travel date: 16th August 2012

Family holiday

Reviewed 1st August 2012

"Lovely clean hotel we found the staff very helpfull. The room was fine had a bath and shower. Air conditioning turns itseif after about 5hrs you then have to turn it back on. Not to much of a problem. The pool area can get busy people were putting there towels out before 8am. We spent most of our time on one of the two local beaches just a short walk down a steep hill. The food was an open buffet good selection each night."

• Travel date: 1st August 2012

Fabulous holiday

Reviewed 26th July 2012

"Fabulous holiday, clean hotel, staff very helpful....hotel entertainment at night could be a little better and i dont mean the entertainment reps,,,, they were fantastic and really made our holiday, ditzy danielle was amazing, always smiling and couldnt do enough for us, its achoice you make, if you book a family hotel you are guarenteed to have young kids around having fun and making noise....if its quiet you want then book a gold hotel, as for the plastic cups its a safe measure for the young ones running around (a family hotel ), only complaint for us were the sunloungers they need to be upgraded ."

• Travel date: 26th July 2012

Robbed inside hotel

Reviewed 19th July 2012

"Clean hotel and food good, no tummy bugs at all.Short distance from lovely beach, clear waters with rather big fish.Out door entertainment on a night.Good childrens clubs. BUT I was robbed of my bag as i was inside the hotel checking in, i had only been in the hotel 5 minutes.Entrance dark and dingy nosecurity and none to geet you.Staff did not want to help and didnt seem bothered. The rep actually told me he was going off duty and basically just give me a bus timetable to get to police station.Very nice of them considering ALL my money etc was stolen.I know thefts can be bad in spain but didnt expect it at the check in desk. The assured me i was the first but since took no measures to monitor new arrivals to make sure they were safe on check in and did not warn other guests. they only informed them of the thefts on the beach etc, as the below review proves! Poolside is too small for the amount of people and edges of all the pools including the kids splash pool were far to slippery i was on edge all the time i was expecting for one of my children to get up with a broken leg. Drinks, snacks etc asame as most IA hotels but most bar staff unfriendly and like to mutter to themselves all the time which wasnt nice. Although resturant clean, cool and nice head waiter emilio, we were constanly fighting off flys from our food. there was a major problem in the large seating area (tables for 6/7/8 people) 10 flys buzzing round you isnt good. they sorted the problem after 3 days but then it just started increasing again before we left. Room basic and clean, air con but the views from some rooms were horrendous round the back. I will not go back, did not feel safe and things not handled well at all. reps seem to care about the entertainment side NOTHING ELSE. Not trained adequatly, apart from Paul who tried his best."

• Travel date: 19th July 2012

Amazing Holiday, want to go back now!!!

Reviewed 30th June 2012

"The Hotel is very clean (cleanest I've been to so far) with very friendly staff. I couldn't fault the food, and I'm a very fussy eater. The meal menus between lunch and dinner did change alot which was very nice and the kids food station was a fantastic place for my 3 year old nephew. The entertainment team and the Reps were the best I've ever had on a holiday before. The pool is great and the kids splash pool will keep any child happy for hours. You will need to take your towels down to the sun loungers about 8:15am and then stay with them for 15 min as they can remove any towels left before 8:30am. As far as I am concerned there was nothing negative about this hotel. The beach is very clean and nice, you can rent the sun loungers and parasol for 5 Euro each, so 2 loungers and a parasol will set you back 15 Euro a day. "

• Travel date: 29th June 2012
  • ...

Hotels near Hotel Presidente

Top traveller tips for Hotel Presidente

• by jadsam

"watching the sunset from the poolside"

• by Rob and Paula doncaster

"A family hotel not much to do for teenagers"

• by Rebecca J

"ibiza town at night it was terrfic and boat excustions"

• by poppyrose

"she said the entertanment "

• by Sarah B

"Don't get night flight as the journey to hotel is very narrow bendy roads and we felt travel sick!"

• by Katienicole98

"The medieval market was the best bit :)"

• by gixer71109

"upgrade to all incusive at the hotel worked out cheaper"

• by Gary R

"great if you got kids"

• by Christine B

"For the Hotel to provide an Adults only area of the Lounge."

• by Sunset

"Turn up the entertainment"

• by angieboo

"Get up very early if you want a sunbed! "

• by happygolucky

"perhaps have a tour bus on can see other parts of island "

• by addlebag

"Join in with trips and entertainment"

• by emma

"Go all inclusive. The trips were unorganised, rushed, and staff ignorant!! Arrange your own."

• by dodge

"hire a car if you want to see more of the island"

• by lisaloo

"get a escalator too and from the beach"

• by Bekki

"Defintley worth going to for a week away."

• by oompa loompa

"Ok for kids, Remote part of Ibiza."

• by ddigby-taylor

"relax and enjoy the beach and the sunshine"

• by Caroline1975Smith

"Dwlboys is a good family pub. Ibiza town is a lovely place to visit."

Hotel Presidente is also called