About Apartamentos SARENAL

• hair dryer
  • microwave
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • sofa
  • washing machine
  • catalan amenities

Good

Just spent a week in these apartments an...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of September 2007

"Just spent a week in these apartments and thought they were brilliant, the views were amazing straight out to sea! Lovely and clean too, nice size room and bathroom. We ate most nights and lunch times at their restaurant underneath these apartments and enjoyed every meal there, plenty of choice and never one bad meal!

Would highly recommend both to everyone out there. Can't wait to go back here as its a mini paradise, beautiful beach, warm crystal clear seas, fab apartments and brilliant food, happy staff, what more can I say 10/10."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Excellent accommodation, as everyone els...

Reviewed Wed 8th of August 2007

"Excellent accommodation, as everyone else has said, the rooms were exceptionally clean and had everything you want. Service in the restaurant was also really good... We have been there 4 times now in the last 5 years, we usually hire a car and drive around the island to the different beaches, although the ones in Portinax itself are excellent. We will be back, hopefully next year."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

I have just returned from Ibiza today, a...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of July 2006

"I have just returned from Ibiza today, and these apartments are fantastic. I was really wary about going to these apartments as the reviews I had read were not all that good.

The views are excellent, the rooms are clean and the resort is small but perfectly formed.
There is plenty to do for a week and I never had one bad meal. La Cinquera is fantastic I would highly recommend it.

The only down point is some of the locals can be 'a bit off', other than that I would give the whole holiday was 10/10 and I would return tomorrow."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of July 2006

We got back from Portinatx on the 15th M...

Reviewed Mon 29th of May 2006

"We got back from Portinatx on the 15th May and what a place it is, its so beautiful. We stayed in S'Arenal Apartments. These apartments were very clean and had everything you needed in them down to a toaster mind you we never used it.

The views from our balcony were breath taking its hard to describe without seeing it for yourself, we only went down to the restaurant once while we stayed there that was for breakfast all four of us ordered an English breakfast and it wasn’t that nice it was very greasy mind you the local dog liked it. That was the only fault we had with the place. The housekeeper was very friendly and very helpful her name is Maria say hello to her for us if anyone goes there. The apartments are situated between 2 beaches, the sea was crystal clear and though a bit cool it was fantastic. When out of the apartment we tended to go to the smaller of the 2, (S'Arenal Petit) which has the best bars on.

Zulu Lounge a great chill out bar which serves wicked cocktails and the views are great looking over the bay, La Ciguena which is fantastic, the owner works in the bar and stays open till the very early hours (Last Man Standing) prices are great 4 shorts and mixers for fourteen euros! La Ciguena also has the best restaurant in Portinatx the food is brill especially the Shoulder of Lamb, I've never seen anything like it there’s so much couldn't eat it all. Must admit they served the best Sangria as well.

The resort is quite small not very many bars only one English bar being Del-boys serve a nice breakfast if you want to eat English, their evening meals are really good def gotta to try the mustard sauce makes my mouth water thinking of it. Bev Brian and Mark and the rest of the staff make everyone feel welcome, Marks a bit of a clown making everyone laugh, if anyone goes there you've got to play boozy bingo.

There’s another bar called Vincents which has some good entertainment and is where Elvis lives now got the pictures to prove it. They play some not to bad music, but come 1.00pm it tends to become a bar for the locals who use it to pull anything, in fact if anyone reads this from Nottingham there’s a club call Obsessions its just like that (if it breaths then its willing as my fiancée found out in the ladies toilet 1 night when she saw a local guy and girl coming out the cubicle very sheepishly).

Overall I would recommend any bar/restaurant in Portinatx apart from The Don Quixote. we had spent most of one of our afternoons sat outside this bar having beers and a few jugs of very nice sangria, every-time we ordered we were served tapas at no charge, the service was faultless from the young lady who waited on us, so we decided that we would go back the same evening for a meal to say thank you for the service given that afternoon, and my did we make a mistake.

The place was fairly quiet 6 or so locals watching the UAFA cup final, we sat down at a table ask for the menu and ordered another jug of sangria some bread and Aioli bread and olives and looked through the menu. We all decided on the mixed grill then an English woman came out of the back which was a surprise as we thought it was an Ibicean bar. Any way she ask us how we would like the mixed grill we told her then off she went, we could hear the meat being cooked. 10 minutes later the first plate came out for my brother in-law he cut in to his meat and ate some I said I thought you ordered your steak medium he nodded but his steak was actually blue. Then 1 by 1 the rest came out my fiancée cut into her chicken and ate a little then she noticed that it wasn't cooked the English woman came out the back and asked if there was anything wrong we told her and she took all 4 plates back to re-cook the food but it still wasn't cooked properly.

We asked for the bill not wanting to cause a fuss and were willing to pay for the food and the drink in full, the English woman was talking to the locals and laughing at what it seemed to be us, the young lady that served us during the day was still there and she appeared to be very embarrassed at what had happened and apologized, we paid for just the drinks and left the young lady a good tip for the service during the day, the following day we were all ill for most of the day. We would not recommend that anyone eats at the Don Quixote or if they do at there own risk.

We all really enjoyed our time in Portinatx and intend on going back next year on our own again, we are going to San Antonio Bay in October with the children and will visit with them as well.

Steve Ward"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Well kept clean apartments. Very helpful...

Reviewed Thu 30th of September 2004

"Well kept clean apartments. Very helpful staff & all apartments have a view that will take a lot to beat. If you get dropped off in the dark stand by for that view in the morning. Short walk across one of the beaches to main town. On the small side but has got all you need e.g. bars shops etc. Three beaches to use one either side of apartments & approx a 10 min walk to the other. Good bus links Mon To Sat nothing on a Sunday but Taxi rank in town. We always hire a car for a few days & that’s right out side the apartment. We have been back 6 or 7 times & will we go back YOU BET.

On the down side there are a lots of steps & hills around Portinatx & if on the top floor of the apartments you wonder if you will ever get up to them but it is worth it when you do."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004