Playa d'en Bossa Holidays
Set on the southeast coast of Ibiza, Playa d'en Bossa brings all of the Ibiza charm to the table: gorgeous beaches, vibrant nightlife and clubbing, and old world history that leads you right to the doorsteps of the island's capital, Ibiza Town. Unlike some of the other seasonal towns on the island, Playa d'en Bossa is a year round, committed culture, with plenty to do and see no matter what time of year you pay it a visit.
Of course, we would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge the prominence of nightlife in the town, with many clubs, like Ushuaia and Bora Bora, known worldwide for their unbelievable partying scene and DJ sets. When DJs create their world tours, more times than not, they include Playa d'en Bossa in that list of destinations, as the local clubs and waterfront bars provide them with gorgeous views and sets for night-time musical acts.
For those that aren't into drinking, or might be travelling with a family, Playa d'en Bossa can also deliver with a great waterpark and the longest beach on the island. You can have fun and experience everything there is to see in Ibiza without necessarily hitting the town after sundown. Don't forget to check out the amusement park rides, mini golf, and plenty of water sports that can be rented along the massive beach.
And, if you're looking to venture out and see what else is out there on the island, the historic town of Ibiza Town, surrounded by a Medieval Wall with pirate towers that provide a cultured glimpse out at the see, is just a 10-minute drive away. With plenty of shopping options also in both locations, it's impossible to be bored while staying in Playa d'en Bossa. See for yourself!
Things to know about Playa d'en Bossa
- Currency: Euro Exchange rate: £1.00 to € 1.12
- Timezone: Europe/Madrid (UTC+1)
- Language: Spanish
- Belfast International (BFS): 2:46
- Birmingham International (BHX): 2:35
- Edinburgh (EDI): 3:00
- London Gatwick (LGW): 2:15
- London Luton (LTN): 2:25
- London Southend (SEN): 2:15
- London Stansted (STN): 2:18
- Manchester (MAN): 2:27
Top accommodations in Playa d'en Bossa
Hard Rock Hotel IbizaFiesta Club Don Toni is the perfect choice for spending a wonderful family holiday, offering facilities and activities especially aimed...
Hard Rock Hotel IbizaThe Fiesta Hotel Don Toni is located on the popular D’en Bossa beach, and allows quick and easy access to Ibiza city, only 4 km away....
Ibiza Sun ApartmentsIbiza Sun Apartments offers the perfect accommodation with modern style at an excellent location, only 200 meters away from the most ex...
Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Res...The Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable holiday right on the beachfront of the re...
Grand Palladium White Island Res...Fiesta Club Palm Beach is the perfect setting for an unforgettable family sea front on one of the most famous beaches on the island of...
lti Fashion GarbiWhether you are looking to laze by the pool, relax in the whirlpool, work up a sweat on the squash court or perhaps join in with a game...
Ebano Select ApartmentsLocated in a special area some 300 meters from the Playa den Bossa, Ebano Apartments have all the services needed to make your holiday...
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach HotelSet on Playa d'en Bossa Beach, the adults-only Ushuaia Ibiza features a spa and 2 outdoor pools with large sun beds. Guests enjoy free...
Ushuaia Ibiza Beach HotelThe Fiesta Hotel Playa d'en Bossa is located on one of the island's most popular beaches. The hotel offers a large seaside pool, tenni...
Things to do in Playa d'en Bossa
With two kilometres of sand available at the beach, there are plenty of attractions that revolve around the ocean in Playa d'en Bossa. Try out:
- Kitesurfing: There are dozens of kitesurfing rentals, as well as lessons you can take, so you can hit the water and really master it with a special kind of art form.
- Diving: If you're reading to see what lurks beneath the top of the ocean, strap on some scuba gear and venture through the natural fish, plants, and more at the bottom of the ocean, right off of Playa d'en Bossa.
- Bowling Centre: Did you know there's a rodeo and even a merry-go-round at the Bowling Centre? It's the perfect place to bring any kids on the trip, or just a place to take a break from the intense Spanish sun.
- Mini Golf: Yes, there's even mini golf and more rides for kids, as well as adults, to enjoy while staying in Playa d'en Bossa.
- Aguamar Water Park: This large-scale water park is a big, fun, and wild way to spend the day, zipping down slides and plunging into waters, as well as a wave pool, that makes even the oldest of adults feel like a kid again.
As for something more serious, like a trip down history lane, Ibiza Town is just 10-minutes away. There, you can sink your teeth into classic Spanish dishes, go on history tours, learn more about the past pirating on the island, and take in the fortress and the wall that still stands there 500-years later after Medieval occupation. With plenty of clubs and bars there as well, we recommend making the trip.
Don't forget to look up the Fiesta de Sant Ciriac in Ibiza Town if you can! It's one street party you will not want to miss.
Besides the nightlife, Playa d'en Bossa is known for housing the longest beach in all of Ibiza. Unlike other towns on the island, there is plenty of beach access for you to secure with your significant other, spouse, or friends, providing you with respite and seclusion from the crowds. If you get up early enough, you can have a piece of the best part of the white sandy beach, right against the gorgeous aqua blue water.
People are active on this beach, which means there are plenty of umbrellas, surfing rentals, kitesurfing rentals, fishing gear, volleyball courts, and more for you to consider while you're laying back and enjoying the surf. There is also diving rentals and snorkel rentals if you'd rather explore from inside the ocean.
Remember that Playa d'en Bossa is on a Spanish island, which means it is famous for hot, direct, and exposing sunlight. Always come prepared with sunscreen and cover ups in case there are no more umbrella rentals or shady spaces left on the hot sand. You would rather be safe than sorry so you can still enjoy your clubbing experience come nightfall!
Playa d'en Bossa is definitely a sought after beaching destination on the island due to its space, so be sure to enjoy your time while soaking up on the sun from its golden white sands.
Food & drink
Whilst in Playa d'en Bossa, make sure you at least sample the local paella, sangria, steaks, and other classic eats that you can only find in Spain. With this small Ibiza village, you can also enjoy Chinese, Italian, Tex-Mex, and other British classics, as there are plenty of British bars and pubs that line the walkways. Here are some of our favourite dining establishments below:
- Moorea Gril Restaurant: This award-winning dining establishment has barbecue fans from all over the world flocking in to try out the paella, steaks, and other delicacies that are sourced right from Spain. You can even choose your own selection of meat while the chefs whip it up into any entrée right before your every eyes.
- Beachfront Clubs: If you're looking to mix it up and sprinkle in other cuisine besides the classic Spanish favourites, many of the beachfront clubs serve up award-winning sushi that will have you thinking you're eating somewhere in Asia.
- Sir Rocco Ibiza: This casual Italian dining establishment is a great place to enjoy an authentic plate of pasta, topped with Spanish sauces and chorizo that will truly melt your mouth.
- Mumak: This outdoor eatery is a great place to grab a pre-dinner drink or cocktail that is made with only local ingredients.
- Montauk Steakhouse Ibiza: The name says it all: if you're looking to enjoy a delicious steak while staying in Playa d'en Bossa, this is the place to do it.
We all know how famous Ibiza is for partying – well, Playa d'en Bossa is one of the major stops on the Ibiza party circuit, and with good reason. Check out some of our favourite dancing and drinking places below before you leave your hotel or cottage:
- Ushuaia: Arguably the most famous club in Playa d'en Bossa, Ushuaia certainly does not disappoint, with dance parties, DJs, and music that plays until sunrise. With plenty of space to house all of the dancers, as well as different partying themes that keep things interesting, you can dance at this club until the party literally spills out into the streets.
- Bora Bora: Right up there with Ushuaia is Bora Bora, a tropical themed dance club that also delivers some of the biggest names in EDM music right now on a daily basis.
- Pacha: Located just 10-minutes away in Ibiza Town, Pacha draws in the biggest names in EDM music right now, which means you are more than likely to run into one of these famous music makers after their gig.
And these are just the most famous options! There are dozens of dancing and clubbing selections, with many of them located right at the beachfront, that enable you to get your clubbing on long into the night, right on the beach. Enjoy beachfront cocktails and other delicacies that are delivered directly to you while you watch an EDM concert as the sun sets on the nearby ocean.