Good
Good

It is Ibiza, And it is Old Town

Reviewed Tue 10th of June 2014

"I have stayed at Navila, many times over many years and it is without a doubt, the best. Starting with Pepita, and whatever challenge might be in store for 'Day One.' If you travel to Ibiza for holiday, and enjoy the local way of life, you'll love a week or two at Navila. There are always great guests in the Aparthotel, the pool can be a great place to hang out, and also fun after a day at Es Cavallet. It is Ibiza, And it is Old Town. Pepita, the best!
(Rex)"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of May 2014

Before my boyfriend and I went away I ha...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of September 2008

"Before my boyfriend and I went away I had a look at the reviews on the website and only saw one positive review, so I was fairly apprehensive about the fact that i had booked this before looking at the reviews. Well now I am so happy that I did not look at them first. My holiday was amazing and the Navila Aparthotel was part of the great experience. If you are looking for your traditional hotel with reception, restuarant etc this is not the place for you, however if you are looking for a home from home, where you can look after youself and come and go as you please this is the place to go. The apartment we had was really unusual. I think the best word to use would be kitch. It had a living room area, bedroom, bathroom and small kitchen. It was so relaxing and a pleasure to be in. Also it was extremely clean with a what I suppose you could call maid service everyday. Being self catering and the type of place it was, I did not expect someone to come in and change my towels and make my bed everyday, but everyday this was done. They even apologised when they did not do this on Sundays.

This hotel is completely in the back streets of Ibiza Town and this is what makes it so great. It's out of the way, but within 5 mins you are in the midst of all the restuarants, bars and people. You cannot get a better location. The only negative, is that the hotel is hard to find if you have not been there before, but the lady who owns the hotel Pepita will meet you. So when the cab drops you off wait around for a little while and because she is expecting you, she will be waiting. We managed to miss her and ended up wandering around the back streets, but she found us and showed us to the apartment.

The apartment building itself has roof terraces (3) and a swimming pool all on top of the building in the most beautiful setting with breathtaking views. We spent all our time up there during the day as it was so nice to be there.

The apartments and the surrounding area are as you would expect in Ibiza Town, whereby, it is extremely gay friendly, but you would be surprised how many familes (mainly spanish) and hetrosexual couples were also around the area. I think mainly becuase it is so laid back and friendly. However, if you are uncomfortable with the gay lifestyle at all, this is not the place to go. However if you are open minded and can I say not a bigot, you will love this place.

We will definitely be going back next year, infact I miss it already!"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

On our arrival in the early hours of the...

Reviewed Sun 4th of February 2007

"On our arrival in the early hours of the morning, we were told one of our rooms wasn’t ready so 4 of us had to sleep in a one double room.

We were informed the other room would be ready in the morning. When morning came, we were escorted out of the hotel, through the residential streets, humping our suitcases over the cobbled stones, to our new accommodation, which was in fact an old run down house, which looked like it hadn’t been lived in for years.

With us being very tired, we just agreed to settle in it. Looking round the place was dirty, had broken windows, damp and had rat dropping behind the cupboards.

That evening returning from a night out, there were rats running around the house. We quickly packed and went down to the owner complaining.

She then took us to 2 private apartments, one of which had no running water telling us she would put us back in the hotel in the morning. After another restless evening, she didn’t turn up until lunchtime, and on escorting us back into the hotel, she took us to 2 more rooms, which were unmade and dirty from the previous occupiers.

We took it on our own back to turn these down and decided to go to a different hotel. And to top it all, she demanded full payment for the days we had stayed.

This hotel might have been ok a few years ago, but it is very neglected now, and the whole experience was awful. Avoid this hotel at all costs."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of February 2007