Hotel is Terribly Lacking

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2016

"Stayed for 5 nights in June, 2016. Friendly staff, but when there is a problem they become helpless or apathetic. Rooms are pretty clean overall, but they only give you one shower towel and one hand towel. There are no washcloths in this hotel. The rooms are not equipped with an iron or an ironing board. There is one iron for the entire hotel that you can check out from the front desk (assuming that no one is using it). There is no ice machine. If you want ice, you either have to buy it at a store or go the hotel bar and they will give you a small cup (this was absolutely unacceptable to have to keep doing this). The gym has equipment in it that looks like it's from 1970 (I did not touch fearing an accident might happen). The food is average at best. This hotel has been rated by many patrons (very suspect of these reviews). Based on my experience, this is a 2-3 star hotel. I've never been in a hotel that is lacking the most basic of necessities. Also, do not send your laundry out to their laundry service. They charged me 54 Euros for a small bag of laundry, it was complete rip off. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are financially strapped or have no other choices."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of June 2016

Great location!

Reviewed Mon 24th of November 2008

"My 10 year old son and I spent a week at half term at Los Molinos. For those who do not know, much of Ibiza closes down during October and by the start of November, there are few hotels still open. A walk round San Antonio on a wet day, is a rather dispiriting experience - many of the hotels, shops and restaurants have closed their doors for the season and the atmosphere is one of a ghost town. However a sunny day in Portinatx was very pleasant even though there was very little open.

Los Molinos is an exception to most Ibiza hotels in that it is open all year round. The hotel was a long way off being full but seemed to cater for a mixture of leisure and business customers. It has good function facilities and these seemed to provide some out of season trade including a shoe fair and a golden wedding party.

The hotel's location is excellent - approximately 20 minutes walk from World Heritage Site at Ibiza Town and about 15 minutes walk from the bus station. The beaches at Playa d'en Bossa are also within walking distance as are the smaller beaches at Figueretas. In the immediate vicinity of the hotel, there were several other hotels, apartments, shops, restaurants etc which had already closed down or closed down during our stay, which gave the neighbourhood a somewhat 'dead' appearance. As there are also residential apartments in the vicinity, some facilities did remain open so the area was not entirely without life.

The hotel is situated on the seafront. We did not have a seaview room as I decided that it was not worth the extra since it got dark at 6pm and hence we would not be in the room much during daylight hours. This meant we did not get a balcony; nevertheless the room was spacious and comfortable with reasonable size bathroom, minibar and flat screen TV. The safe costs 3 Euros a day, which is rather steep. A seaview would be worth it we spent longer in the room - the restaurant and large bar/lounge area adjacent the reception did have seaviews which were appreciated.

The extensive gardens fronting on to the sea are a real plus point with extensive planting, a good sized swimming pool and smaller children's pool and sun loungers. We used the pool, although given the time of year, it was rather cold. However the hotel does have a small indoor spa area, which we used everyday and provides a place to warm up after a cold swim. This consisted of a gym, small warm pool with two water jets, a jacuzzi and sauna. Towels are provided free of charge by reception. This facility was a real plus particularly on the two wet days!

The reception staff are friendly and helpful as are the restaurant staff. The standard of cleanliness was high.

The hotel has a large restaurant. Breakfast is buffet service with a reasonable selection of hot and cold food. However very few guests had evening meal, (there is a buffet in summer when there are more guests). Half board guests got the same menu every night - whilst the food was of reasonable quality and there were about 6 choices, I felt the hotel should have offered a different menu every night or alternatively allowed half board guests to choose from the al la carte menu perhaps up to a set amount. Vegetarians got a poor deal as there was only one vegetarian main dish, (Spanish omelette), although some of the salad starters were large. I do not eat meat but eat fish so at least had three main dishes to choose from. This was the main thing, which let the hotel down.

However overall this is a good hotel - perhaps a little dated decor wise as the last refurbishment was in 1999. But it is comfortable, in a great location, has good facilities and is open all year so is great for an off season break. I would be happy to go back.

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of November 2008

No Customer service.

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"I have stayed in Figueretas for several years in a now and always wanted to stay at Los Molinos. This time I did and what a disappointment!

The staff were so unhelpful and It was if they were doing you a favour, no help with the luggage and our room was dark and dingy.

The food at breakfast was a load of old rubbish and they soon wanted you out of the restaurant at the time it closed.

The best thing was the pool and the view.

My mates were staying at a hotel down the road which was much nicer and much cheaper and I will do that next time."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of April 2007

good choice

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We spent a long weekend at Los Molinos at the beginning of August. We chose the hotel mainly based on its location close to Ibiza Town (the port area is a straightforward 20 minute walk), but away from the noise, and hustle and bustle of the capital.

Our room was quite a generous size, bright and airy, if slightly dated, complete with air con, mini fridge, satellite TV, and a fairly large balcony commanding a lovely sea view over the palm tress of the gardens and pool area. Use of the safe in the room costs extra, which we found a bit of a cheek. The bathroom was quite a decent size too, well appointed, with a full-length bathtub, hairdryer, and the usual free toiletries. No bathrobes though.

We loved the gardens and pool area, great to hang around especially when compared with the rest of Figureretas, hardly the fanciest resort on the island. However, being so close to Ibiza Town sort of makes up for the lack of charm of the area where the hotel is located.

We were on a half board basis and while breakfast was fantastic, dinner was a big disappointment. We just found the selection of food too limited, almost non-existent for vegetarians (my partner is one). Also, having stayed at numerous 3 star hotels, both in the Balearics and the Canaries, where a chef was always available to prepare fresh food upon request, we found it bizarre that a 4 star property should not have the facility."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

We were delighted

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed for a week in October and while the room would be rated at 3* in North America, the view was certainly 5* as was the extensive breakfast buffet. Our room was on the top floor and on a corner so we had a view in two directions. The pool area was spotless as were the grounds. The staff spoke good English and were very accomodating and helpful We ate at a wonderful Indian restaurant just a few blocks away called Shanti Sakti..so good we went three times! Also ate on the beach at Marcos and had great Italian food. Overall we loved Ibiza and its people and can't wait to return!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of November 2005

Good Quality Hotel near Ibiza Town

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Follwing our recent trip trip, I am suprised with some of the reviews of Los Molinos on this site. Our stay at this hotel was great.
Our seaview room was always cleaned very well, furnishing was typical business class standard rooms.
We only stayed B&B so can't really comment on the evening meals, although there was plenty of choice from the buffet breakfast.
The pool area was spotlessly clean and there were always plenty of loungers and parasols.
As we only stayed for 3 days, I can't really comment on the resort of figuertas. However, Ibiza Town is only a few minutes by taxi.
Will definitely be using this hotel next year."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

Comfortable hotel near Ibiza town

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We found the THB Los Molinos hotel comfortable and clean. The hotel whilst not up to the four star standard of Britain and the US had good facilities, three pools (one indoor) Jacuzzi, sauna, fitness room and reasonable public areas.

Unfortunately the Los Molinos is let down by the front of house staff. At worst they were incompetent - a letter left at reception was lost by them, the room had not been cleaned properly and I had to deal with the cleaner and persuade her to clean the room. The conceirge not interested in handling our baggage, content just to give us the key to the luggage room and let us get on with it.

I would still recomend this hotel, very good gardens and pool, but not suitable for children, there are no facilities for them and the gay cruising area is very close by."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of July 2005

Great Location, good all around

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Best of the few 4 star hotels in the island. I Have been staying there for the last 3 summers. Good value for your money. Very close (10 blocks) from Ibiza Town, so although you are near you can avoid the rush hours trafic. Very nice & big pool. Big & clean, quiet rooms.
Has a parking garage, a real asset in Ibiza if you are renting a car because it can be so hard to park."

• Travel date: Tue 19th of July 2005

we will be back!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"The hotel is ideally situated on a headland near the old town and has spacious beautiful grounds right on the seaside with a a large pool. The sea view is spectacular and better than most as it has views across the whole bay and is one of the few to get the sun in the afternoon. Non sea view rooms all face the road.

Reception are not obtrusive if you want to bring a 'friend' back.

Rooms are modern and spacious with a constant supply of freebies. The pool closes at 7 but this is common in hotels here. Breakfast is OK though in line with most hotels the breakfast room staff have yet to learn how to smile and clear everything away 15 minutes before closing tine! The gym is basic and has no free weights. Sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi are all good."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of July 2005

Very disappointed

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I expected alot from this hotel as i´d read some good reviews on the internet but i was very dispointed on arrival and during my stay and i´d rate this hotel 3 stars at very best.

Firstly, staff were non-friendly due to fact that unless you said good morning or good evening first, they would ignore you. However 2 young guys on reception were quite friendly as opposed to the other staff, especially by the pool, who talking spanish between them made fun of the tourists. Unacceptable. Most of the staff were grumpy and seemed very tired!

There was a power cut during our stay and so had to shower in cold water and the satilete ´broke´so we had no Canal + for 3 days. The hair-dryer was extremely poor (should have bought my travel one) and the gym was a joke! 3 pieces of shabby equipment. The food was very average and there was absolutely no entainment so bad news for families with children.

Even though there was a Do Not Disturb sign on our door, the cleaner would knock and WALK IN! even though we were asleep in bed. The garage down the road was in bad condition and we found that the door had been left open many times. On a personal note, the decoration was horrible - dark wood and deteriorating and the first bedroom they had placed my boyfriend and i in was like a matchbox! So we complained and thankfully they moved us to a bigger room but the trees infront of the balcony blocked our sea view!

Its these little things that make a difference between a 3 and a 4 star hotel. We´d stayed at other 4 star hoteles these last 5 years like Hotel Torre del Mar and Hotel La Goleta which are fantastic and truely make you feel you are on holiday.

Los Molinos is located on a very narrow street giving the impression of claustraphobia but I must state ONE enjoyable feature and that was the giant pool and the sea view but it wasn´t enough to justify the cost of our stay or our pleasure.

If you are looking for just a place to sleep near Ibiza town with a nice sea view and pool and are not worried about the cost, then this is the place for you. I definately won´t be going back."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of August 2004

Above Average, Clean, Comfy, Nice views, Great for adults, Parking!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"This hotel is ranked four stars, but oyu may find it more like 3 star hotel.However I urge you to understand that the Island of Ibiza has very little to offer in luxury hotels. This one is comfortable, clean, nice responsive service, and the shower pressure is nice and strong! ( a rarity) however, don't be surprised if the shower water comes out salty like everywhere else in the island. It's a great place to stay if you've rented a car, because they have a parking lot, and you cna go discover the island at your own leisure everyday, or simply walk the 10 minutes into the center of Ibiza town, which is charming and full of fun shops, bars, and restaurants. Ok, so it's not the lap of luxury, but it's far better than the others I've tried there. Be warned that the "buffet" dinner is not very exciting, and that it's at a certain hour. If you're not a smoker, make sure you specify it, as the spanish will smoke anywhere! ugh! ... It's got a lovely view, so it's worth paying extra for a sea view. The staff is pretty friendly and will be eager to please. I recommend this hotel mostly for people traveling without kids or traveling with older teens. Because there's not much for little kids there.Definitely above average in this island."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of April 2004

Don't let the stars fool you!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"I was surprised that this hotel was rated a 4 star establishment! In my books it would be a 3 star. Although most people we met were awed by the fact that we were staying at this hotel...we weren't awed. The hotel offers a spectacular view of the sea (if you request sea view) and trust me the sight is absolutely wonderful. However, how they managed to get the 4 stars is a mystery to me! The pool is situated in a lovely, well-tended garden, over looking the sea and again, the view is superb, but the amenities and ambience is lacking. The pool bar staff has a portable radio on which the only music is heard (just barely) and the pool closed way too early for myself and the guests I spoke to...about 7ish or so!!! The housekeeping leaves much to be desired, in my 2 week stay, I had to call down to reception three times because the maid forgot to leave me any towels, this is a nuisance and not the type of thing that any 4 star rated hotel would do or allow.The pool staff was friendly but the dining room staff seemed a bit stuffy and always seemed to be in a hurry doing nothing...so having dinner in the dining room was an uncomfortable experience. Towards closing time there was a mas dash, like bats out of hell to clear the dining room...I absolutely hated this as it made me feel as though we too had to rush through the meal in order to accomodate the staff when in fact it should be quite the reverse.I will stay at this hotel again. but only because of its location, not because of its 4 stars."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2003

Hotels near THB Los Molinos

Top traveller tips for THB Los Molinos

• Jetam2 by Jetam2

"Ask for a satisfaction guarantee before you book it "

THB Los Molinos is also called