Good

Extremely disappointing - not for anyone who wants to be treated with dignity

Reviewed Wed 6th of July 2011

"I stayed for 3 nights at the hotel at EUR636/night for a standard room (junior suite). Although the room and facilities were of a high standard, members of the staff, including the hotel's general manager, treated me with contempt and conveyed their contempt to guests and callers. Based on a "tip" that turned out to be false, and despite the Do Not Disturb sign on my door, hotel staff climbed through to my balcony from an adjacent room and asked "why didn't you answer your phone?" No compensation or even apology was offered. Later hotel reception advised a caller "We are not permitted to put through calls to her room. She is not good at answering her phone." Anyone who expects privacy, dignity or wants to be treated like a paying customer should not stay at this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2011

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Myself and my partner stayed in the Ibiza Gran Hotel for the week and had a wonderful time. Absolutely no expense is spared with this hotel, from the saucer shaped biscuits so that they fit around your cup, to the chilled champagne for breakfast. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel, the staff were freindly and efficient. The room was spotless, we were going to upgrade to a garden suite when we arrived but the room we had originally booked was absolutely wonderful and we couldn't have asked for more. The innovative design, such as the bath in the middle of the room (!) and the wonderful view made this room one of the best I have stayed in. Breakfast was wonderful, there was every type of breakfast food and drink availible, including a champagne breakfast, and the bar at night was chic and modern with wonderful service and presentation of drinks. The pool was wonderful, and so relaxing. We did not visit the spa but from the impression I got from the hotel it will be wonderful. The receptionist accompanied us to our room on arrival to make sure eveything was in order fo us, later on in the evening my partner was in a rush and realised his shirt was creased from the suitcase so we rang down to reception and they sent someone up to collect and iron it - all in ten minutes. Wonderful service. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel whatsoever, the foyer is magnificant, the views are spectacular and it's position is wonderful; only a short walk away from the harbour where you can catch a ferry to the beautiful 'old Ibiza town'. The harbour also has some wonderful cafe's for lunch. I recommend you stay in this hotel 100%, it was real value for money."

• Travel date: Sun 26th of October 2008

Beautiful and Outstanding!

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"My boyfriend and I booked the Ibiza Gran for 2 nights even before the hotel was open. So we were a little nervous how the reviews would come in and if the property's renderings would live up to the final product. We couldn't have been more pleased with the property. Every furnishing and detail is immaculately executed. The rates are fairly expensive, but the pool, lounge and rooms are worth it.

We booked a Garden Suite with a large outdoor patio complete with jacuzzi bathtub, two lounge chairs and table and chairs. Our room was very large with double sinks, inside jacuzzi tub and shower. The linens and bedding were high quality and very comfortable.

We arrived at the hotel before our room was ready, so we relaxed with a mimosa at the bar and then enjoyed a light lunch on the restaurant patio.

The drinks and food are pretty overpriced, but that is expected at this type of property. In fact, most everything in Ibiza is overpriced (don't get me started about $8 Euro water at the nightclubs!)

The weather was slightly chilly and rainy while we were on the island, so we were not able to enjoy the pool to it's full extent. The jacuzzi was not heated at the time of our stay, which was a shame.

Most of the construction was completed during our visit with the exception of the casino area.

I would have to say that this may be the nicest hotel i have ever stayed at. Now, i'm not a cheap traveler, but not super spendy either. I've stayed at several W hotels as well as nice Vegas and San Diego hotels, so i think i have a pretty good gauge of quality and hotel experience."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

Great New Hotel well Positioned....

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"The Gran Hotel Ibiza is very modern and well situated within 15 minutes walk of the old town. Its also located opposite Pacha and 10 minutes walk from El Divino, but due to its excellent design it is completly sound proof and you get no intrusion from these clubs.

The staff at the hotel are very accomocadating and go out of their way to make sure that they deal with every request promptly. (well unless you ask for an iron - then their first response is that they dont have irons for guests as they have an ironing service - which is fine if you dont mind waiting an hour also dont mind paying upwards of $10 USD per item). Other than the iron incidents and forgetting our alarm call when we needed to go the airport, the staff were fantastic and all had very good english.

We didnt eat the hotel other than breakfast which was a substantial buffet with a large variety of very fresh fruit and meats.

The pool area is nicely laid out, however the water is so cold that very few people used it during our stay, that being said the service round the pool is good and their is plenty of space for guests.

The rooms are very spacious, have a high finish and the views from the Balcony are generally facing across teh port area and old town.

Overall a great hotel and good value for money even with the poor Euro Exchange rate."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

Loved the Gran Hotel Ibiza

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Gran Hotel for 2 nights mid June. Altho the exterior of the building is very unattractive and at that time the entrance was difficult to find, upon entering the hotel we were pleasantly surprised at what we saw. The foyer is beautiful in a modern, minimalist way, the check in staff were very friendly. Our room had amazing views to the old town and was a good size, the bed was extremely comfortable and the best thing was the sound proofing of the rooms. When the doors are closed you cannot hear a thing from outside, which is great with Pacha only a 2 minute walk away!! We found the breakfast superb, pool area very attractive and had a great stay. Having stayed at Ocean Drive (in the one and only suite) , I have to say there is NO comparison between the two hotels, and we only had a standard room here. Having said that, reading the previous reviewers who had paid 3.000e a night, for that price I would expect perfection and at that price level expectations are very high and the onus is on the hotel to provide the client with the service and quality."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of September 2008

Doesn't live up to expectations....

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"The first thing that strikes you when you arrive is the smell! The Hotel has been built alongside a river which appears to contain sewage and the smell lingers in the public areas of the hotel. The actual hotel itself is quite nicely done although the attention to detail on the finish lets it down.

We were promised we could check in early but when we arrived we were told the room would not be ready until 3pm. We decided not to make big fuss about it and went off to get some lunch. When we came back we were told we could check into half of the suite, but the other half was still being cleaned and would be ready at 3pm. It transpired that we had been lied to and in fact there was someone else in our room and they were trying to get them out!! We were eventually allowed into the other room at 5pm. The manager never apologized in person which I feel is unforgivable.

It was a special occasion so had booked the Vanity Fair suite for 4 nights at a cost of 3000 euros a night. A lot of money, but we had been assured it was the "jewel in the crown". Despite what we were told, the Vanity Fair is in fact two completely separate suites - you can't access one from the other, there is no adjoining door and you can't get to one terrace from the other. The furnishings are pretty tasteless and nowhere near as nice as the standard suites. The "private swimming pool" is very small and should really be called a "plunge pool" to be more accurate. The terrace is nice but only accessible from one of the rooms so I had to keep knocking on the door to be let in!! Also there is NO lighting or sound on the terrace either.

To summarize, the Vanity Fair suite is not worth anywhere near the 3000 euros a night charge. The service is not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel either. We were often kept waiting, the room service was at times very slow, the attitude of the staff not great. I certainly wasn't made to feel special, despite spending 12,000 euros for a 4 night break!! Next time I will stay at Ocean Drive instead."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of July 2008

What a shame

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"What a pity!Billed as the hottest ,chicest ,most luxurious,and only ***** hotel on the island ,turns out to be a concrete monolyth with the charm of a snake in a swimming pool.A family celebration meant that we took the most expensive suite(2 bedrooms and a shared living area,with bathsize "private pool" on the unlit terrace),and 3 junior suites(with view straight onto block of flats-nice!)-Mucho dinero!-Very average rooms with nothing to set them apart from just about any other standard hotel room.Overpriced and ill equipped mini bar(small water 8 euro!!)-
If the hotel was lack lustre the service certainly was,nt-it was appalling.Check in took 40 minutes for 5 of us!They got breafast wrong 3 days out of 3!When we complained to the manager(after waiting an hour for him to be found) after the 3rd morning we got a derisory revolting bottle of cheap champagne,and a sullen apology.A round of drinks took 40 minutes in the pool area as they had run out of ice!5 star hotel?-give me a break!Dont bother.Absolutely dreadful!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of July 2008

Amazing stylish hotel right next to Pacha

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I have just spend the weekend at the brand new contemporary Ibiza Gran Hotel and I must say "finaly some one has done it" on the island. Its truly a 5 star ART hotel, with an out standing design and attention to detail. We booked a spacious suite only to find out later during the stay that all of the accomodation offered is at least 50 m2 big. The art display throughout the whole place is impressive, especially the piece of art done by a japanese guy in the 20 meter of height providing stunning foyer. You can really learn and enjoy the great work of artists that you might have heard of but never come across. The views from our terrace were breath taking and reminded me again why I fell in love with the old town when I first came to the island 10 years ago. The bar is stylish and great for a cocktail before going out to hit the scene. The Spa is absolutely fabulous, as a man I leave it down to my lady to indulge into this kind of offer but I was impressed how stylish the place looked and how long they kept the lady, bringing her back looking gorgeous and being in a great mood to go out clubbing. I cant wait for the casino to open to round up an overal experience of pure entertainment and luxury leisure time. Most amazingly its just in front of PACHA, which took care of the usual hustle afterwards to find a cap or to pinch a lift of a drunk companion.

Having traveled most of the Baleares I have found service everywhere to be very poor and not something to go well with the spanish mentality and with regard to these references I found the staff there very helpful and friendly. They are trying everything to make you feel welcomed and at home and thats what I ultimately wanna find when being away from home. I found my place to stay on this amazing island!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

Loved Deco and Great Start of Hotel

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"I enjoy staying at new hotels, which always give you a perspective on what energy the property has put on making a project possible.

This time I stayed at Ibiza Gran Hotel, after having stayed at Pacha, and a Relais Chateaux type before.

The decoration outside gives you a cold reception, but once inside, the image is one of a very warm and calid welcoming. The service at the valet was very welcoming, (hapy faces, and good speech).....the entry was same, but with a touch of more quality service.

The attention at all times were fantastic. Room Service menu was small, but after speaking with Reception, this let me know that after 2 weeks soft opening, the menu was to be increased. The time of food delivery was great (15mins), and the food quality as great for a non-peak season, and for a Spanish person.

The pool was fantasticly decorated, and Spa was great after a long trip of 3 weeks in China for business.

I am definately looking forward to seeing the evolution of the hotel in Peak Season. Strongly believe the idea is fantastic for a beautiful Island, which requires of Top quality hotels."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Loved everything

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"This hotel is very new, althought the casino is still not finished, everything is made with glamour.
Staff is great, friendly, helpfull and professional!
I will go back for shure."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2008

great in theory, lousy in implementation

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"so.. eur 60mm 'arts hotel' ..5 star luxury in an amazing location on one of the world's most beautiful islands..

instead.. the hotel is still under construction..not something they tell you when they take your credit card and charge a not insignificant amount on this saying its non-refundable

great views.. if you don't have the cranes in the way

comfy beds ...assuming you don't get woken up by the construction works at 7am

great art.. taking into consideration no one outside of spain has heard of these

did these guys take an architect from ibiza or hong kong? judging from the design probably the latter

basically, ibiza is a charming little island with yes another extremely ugly concrete jungle, claiming to offer what it can't ..

good place to stay if you need to hide your russian call-girls.."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008