nice place

Reviewed Fri 18th of December 2009

"We visited the zodiac apartments mid june 2009,with our 2 children age 6 and 5 and a 10 month old baby,freindly staff,a great location central to everything is es cana,freindly staff and the most stunning sea views-ive never been so close to the sea,you could hear the waves crashing on the rocks at night.Well equiped kitchen with all utensils you could need and a gas cooker.Rooms cleaned nearly every day-maids were very friendly,in fact everyone was so friendly,nothing too much trouble,will definetly return here.Recommend the bull bar near the hippy market-good english food great for the kids serving good old english food like bangers and mash-a hit with most kids,also serve spanish food.Nice resort although mainly for families and reserved couples-if you want the raving nightlife stay in san antonio,although a regular nightbus service links all resorts through the night until 6am.Ibiza is a lovley island and suits most people families singles and couples alike,Ive holidayed there as each one of these and it never dissapoints."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of December 2009

A bit in the dark prior to travelling as...

Reviewed Fri 29th of August 2008

"A bit in the dark prior to travelling as it was a really last minute thing! We had never been to Ibiza before, the place itself I would say is best suited for families. If you like screaming children and barking dogs for an hour at a time then you may like the apartments set up here. If you want a relaxing, quiet break this is definitely not the place! Unfortunately Thomas Cook really did mislead us about the set up. However, we have really fond memories of the nice family of 4 in the adjoining apartment. We will go to the island again but not Zodiac apartments."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of August 2008

Athough this was our fourth time here, w...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"Athough this was our fourth time here, we were as excited as ever, and it certainly didnt disapoint! The cheerful resort is perfect for familys and my two daughters and my son and two daughters aged 6,10 and 13 had a fabulous time! My husband and i definetly loved watching them push each other into the pool, go fishing, go snorkelling...and much, much more! It had friendly staff and the other holiday makers were also very friendly, making it easy for my children to make friends! The holiday location is suitable for all ages and i am sure my children will never grow out of it!

The apartments are very well kept with a great sea-view and within walking distance of every thing! The weather is always very promising (well compared to the old irish weather anyway) and food is reasonably priced and quite tasty making it a delightful stay and my children are already excited about next year!

I would also recomend going in large groups! We are always joined by my sister-in-law and her family and it makes it even more enjoyable!!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

A bit optomistic prior to travelling as...

Reviewed Sat 26th of July 2008

"A bit optomistic prior to travelling as it was a really last minute thing! We had never been to Ibiza before, but thought that we would give it a go and what a fantastic holiday probably the best ever. My children are 15, 17 and 18, not children anymore, but we wanted somewhere that they would enjoy. They want to go back next year! so that says it all.

Yes the appartments are like a throw back, but they are cleaned on a regular basis, there is everything you need in them, and we overlooked the sea, what a fantastic view, the owners and their staff are a credit, they welcome everyone even if you are not staying there. The food is varied and very reasonably priced, I certainly will be back, thankyou for making our week a really relaxing, enjoyable break.

Stay clear of the chinese on the high street, very expensive and food not that good, also the iltalian on the same street, disgusting. "

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

The Zodiac apartments were in an excelle...

Reviewed Sat 17th of May 2008

"The Zodiac apartments were in an excellent location, near to everything and excellent views, we had the top floor overlooking the sea, fabulous!! The best view i have ever had! friendly owner and staff, the only thing was that the apartments could do with a bit of updating, the bathroom had dated blue tiles, i didn't want to sit on the shabby sofa without putting a sheet on it first, the bedclothes felt a bit damp, the weather was not great when we were there (9th to 16th May), had to blowdry the beds to warm them up before we got in. Our bedroom window faced into the corrider and had permanent shutters on it that coudln't be opened, so was very dark and could get noisy when people were returning to their rooms at night, and light would stream through when they turned on corrider lights to put keys in locks. Another thing people might find strange is that you have to walk onto the road to get back to your apartment from the pool, not nice with just a towel around you. The pool was stone cold, just could not use it, but sure it would be fine in july or august. We didn't have to pay for use of sunbeds at all, we were given a card to say you were staying at zodiac or blanco y negro apts, so that's good news. Can easily overlook any niggles when the views and location are that fabulous.
Es Cana itself is nice, everything was in walking distance, things really only started to open halfway during our week, don't know if it was because of the weather or beginning of season, a good selection of restaurants and bars, our 7 year old didn't mind walking from one end to the other. Marvent is good value for money, we went to the italian on the same side as the zodiac twice, we enjoyed their pizzas, very busy place. went to the chinese on the same side as the zodiac, it could have been better, maybe it was just our choices. There is a takeaway burger place across from the zodiac, just be warned our burgers were not cooked, as i'm six months pregnant i was watching out for things like that. The Zodiac restaurant was very good as well and very friendly. Everywhere had a good kids menu if you wanted that and very good value.
We weren't after nightlife, but there certainly was a lot of dear old ladys with blue rinses around. The main beach was covered in jellyfish one morning, and usually a lot of washed up seaweed, which they tried to clear up. The beach adjacent to the zodiac had rock pools with crabs in them which my son loved to feed, you have to sit still to see them. Overall a very good holiday, we made the most of it despite the weather! We would go back again."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of May 2008

Very nice apartments and a great locatio...

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2007

"Very nice apartments and a great location Es Cana is brilliant for kids. Great beach and safe water plus loads of places to eat which are all very nice.

Zodiac bar and restaurant is the best to eat I recommend the fillet steak. Prices are ok in resort and the water taxis are good. The local train ride is good fun for a day trip and Ibiza town worth a look.

My only complaint is the noise from our apartments because we overlooked the main street (room 5) we had bin men with lorries at 5am for 10 mins then road sweeper at 7 am and at night local entertainment was too noisy if you have young children.

I would highly recommend this resort and apartments but ask for a room on the opposite side to the main road.

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

My friends and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Sat 26th of May 2007

"My friends and I have just returned from our stay in Es Cana at the Zodiac apartments, and I must say we will be going back there.

The apartment was clean, the staff very friendly and helpful and I have never known anywhere get cleaned and clean towels nearly every day, and I have stayed in some top class hotels!!

Well done Bonny and your staff, I will recommend it to my friends.

The Zodiac bar and swimming pool are also superb, no need to look anywhere else to eat or for evening entertainment, book me in for next year!"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

Arrived on a grey cloudy day, the sea lo...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"Arrived on a grey cloudy day, the sea looked like steel, but our studio was clean and welcoming with a complimentary bottle of wine on the table....rooms cleaned or tidied every day, towels changed often, bed linen also changed, every single member of staff were friendly and helpful....when we opened the windows onto our balcony we could hear the sea lapping on the beach below...although this was the end of the season there were still plenty of things to do or see, both day and night, lots of good places to eat,.....although you wont find much better quality or value than at the Zodiac.

At the end of the holiday we were unable to find a single fault....except perhaps the tea cups being too small if you like a good old cuppa.....we would recommend this accommodation to anyone, even those with the youngest children. never been to this resort or accommodation before but would certainly go back again.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

Hotels near Zodiac Apartments

Top traveller tips for Zodiac Apartments

• col35 by col35

"definetly worth a visit "

• col35 by col35

"bull bar,mini train,even kfc and mcdonalds in san antonio!! "