Have just returned from my holiday at th...

Reviewed Fri 15th of August 2008

"Have just returned from my holiday at the Ereso. Never been to Ibiza before but it was a great holiday. Hotel was very clean with towels changed everyday even if you didnt ask. AC in room with fan which was great for during the day as well as night as it got so hot. Food was buffet style and always very hot with great choice. The only down side was that there wasnt a geat selection if you were vegetarian unless you like fish/seafood which there was always plenty of. Swimming pools were great although it was a bot of a race to get a sun bed and umbrella every morning but we were never left without one. Lots of activities going on during the day but no pressure to do any of them. We particularly enjoyed watching waterpolo in the afternoon in the top swimming pool. Evening entertainment was great and varied. Mr and Miss Ereso evenings and the Battle of the sexes was very entertaining. Bar/restaurant staff and reception staff i couldnt fault. They were all so helpful and spoke good english. All in all a great holiday for eveyone. Es Cana had everything which you would need and the local towns of Ibiza town and Santa Euilia were also great for a day/evening with lots to explore or great views to look at whilst sipping your sangria at one of the sea view restaurants. Would definately go back there and was very sad to leave. "

• Travel date: Fri 15th of August 2008

My family had a fab holiday here at the...

Reviewed Thu 14th of August 2008

"My family had a fab holiday here at the end of July this year. The hotel, food, staff and facilities were excellent! Thanks to Kevin, Susannah and Monica for all their hard work - I'd love to see if you are still that enthusiastic at the end of the season! My teenage boys had great fun enjoying the sport but found the hotel entertainment a bit dull - great for young kids though. However check out Charlies or the Zodiac on the front - also say hi to 'Me & Him' on a Monday at the Zodiac - worth watching if you love live guitar music - Hendrix/Pink Floyd/Eagles etc! Excellent beaches and local bus service too. Would definitely recommend this hotel over the Caribe!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of August 2008

I have just returned from hotel ereso a...

Reviewed Tue 12th of August 2008

"I have just returned from hotel ereso a couple of days ago and overall the holiday was fantastic. The rooms were cleaned daily by the hard working cleaners and the towels were changed daily if you required them to be. The entertainment at night was fantastic with a wide range of shows including musicality to a parrot show. the staff at the hotel are very helpful and would go out of there way to make your holiday wonderful. the 3 entertainers Kevin, Monica and Susanna were brillaint and always wanted to get people involved with the activities during the day. the bar staff were brilliant also . going back to the rooms, this year they do have air conditioning which was very helpful during the night as it would be very hot. the hotel is situated in a nice place with just a 5 minute walk away from the main bars/clubs/restaurants and the beach. whilst on holiday if you would wish to find another beach there is the cala nova beach which is about a 15 minute walk away from the hotel. if you are looking for a good club in es cana i would strongly recommend Charlies which is around a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. The food was also brillaint and a lot of choice. only 1 fault food wise is they do not have a snack bar during the day so if you get a little peckish thorughout the day there is nothing to fill ure stomach. but you could just take a 30 second walk over the road to the supermarket which sells a wide range of snacks. overall my stay at hotel ereso was absolutely brillaint and i am planning on booking my holiday there for 2009."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of August 2008

Hi, We stayed for a week in May 08, and...

Reviewed Thu 19th of June 2008

"Hi, We stayed for a week in May 08, and it was great. The children (11 & 8) were kept busy with football and volleyball or in the pool. We never got as far at the beach.The hotel was spotless, I would love to take these cleaners home with me, never have I stayed in a place so clean, from the rooms, the main hotel areas and the pool area. The food was plentyful and yes, it did have some basic food items, but the children ate three meals everyday without a problem and one can be quite fussy. The town itself is small but has everything you would need. We got the boat to Ibiza Town and some of the others, it a great trip. The Hippy Market I would give a miss, full of rubbish. Some lovely walks and shops. Will defo be back. The evening entertainment was basic, but got better towards the end of the week. "

• Travel date: Thu 19th of June 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a...

Reviewed Sat 14th of June 2008

"My wife and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Ereso,and I can honestly say, it is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in.The staff go out of their way to be helpfull,and are extremly courteous at all times.The food in the very large restaurant was very good,and varied,so catered for most tastes,though I did hear the odd comment from mainly elderly guests,that they thought there should be more english food available. I mean where do they think they are? Why these people ever holiday abroad, beats me. Anyway there was plenty of french fries for them to go at,and if you put plenty of salt on them,and close your eyes ,you could even imagine you're in your local 'chippy'.
The pool area was always clean and well organised ,with plenty of sunbeds,although if you wanted some right next to the pool, it payed to go down and claim them before breakfast.
Entertainment was good most evenings ,and the Animation Team keep things going during the day ,with football,darts,waterpolo competitions etc. if you want to take part,but they never try and force you if you don't.
The only negative comment I could make about the Hotel would be the comfort(or lack ) of the beds we had in our room. They were like trying to sleep on blocks of concrete, and made a heck of a racket if you moved about trying to find a comfortable position.
Es Cana is a pretty little resort ,with plenty of nice walks ,if you're feeling energetic,and on Wednesdays you can always take a 10 minute stroll to the Hippy Market, which is an experience in itself.
The local bus to Santa Eulalia runs every 30 minutes or so ,from the terminus down the hill from the hotel,and is definately worth a visit,with plenty of shops and restaurants to try out.
Overall an excellent holiday at a very good hotel"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2008

We were a party of 2 families, one of 2...

Reviewed Tue 16th of October 2007

"We were a party of 2 families, one of 2 adults and a 14 year old boy and the other 2 adults.

All in all we found this to be an excellent hotel; it is spotlessly clean, rooms cleaned and towels changed daily.

The food was excellent, there was enough choice at every meal to please all of us and our waistlines can vouch for that!

The only downside that we found was that even though the majority of the staff were very friendly, sometimes the bar staff were not very talkative. On previous holidays we have always spent a lot of time in the hotel bar but here we didn't feel very comfortable, nobody said hello and asked where you were from or tried to make any kind of conversation with you. At one point the 2 fellas in our party were sat out the outside bar and the staff just pulled the shutters round them so they took this as a hint that they were closing up!

I will most definitely go back to the Ereso because for its location, facilities and value for money it was fantastic.

You never know the next time we might spend more time in the bar if they give us a big smile when we walk in.

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

We had a fantastic time, hotel great, fo...

Reviewed Sun 23rd of September 2007

"We had a fantastic time, hotel great, food lovely such a wide variety, food at lunch as much as food at dinner we was very surprised as we thought it'd be just a cob!

Location perfect very near to beach (5min) and a variety of bars from normal karaoke to night clubs open till 4am!

All Es Cana is silent from midnight and any clubs must have sound proof doors and windows.

Good for all ages. Our ages ranged from 17-45 and we all had a wicked time. Can’t fault it! If you are thinking of going. Book it! Worth every penny!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of September 2007

Fantastic Hotel, located up a slight slo...

Reviewed Sat 15th of September 2007

"Fantastic Hotel, located up a slight slope away from the beach, the hotel has two swimming pools, pool tables, children’s park, reception area which has air conditioning with a large TV, outside bar area, with fantastic bar staff!

The food is served buffet style with a good choice and is always edible and hot, with a good choice of salads and desserts. A small choice for the children, usually pizza, chicken nuggets or fish fingers.

The hotel is spotless thanks to the army of hard working cleaners, the rooms are cleaned daily and towels changed daily if you choose. The rooms don’t have air conditioning, however, we were there during the hottest days of the year, and we slept with the patio doors open and the fan on and we never had a sleepless night.

There is entertainment during the day; pool, dart tournaments and nightly entertainment; the children’s mini disco at 9 and the main entertainment at 10. Sometimes it was really good with comedians/singers, then not so good with the usual parrot and magic shows!

All the staff are very friendly and helpful. You can hire a fridge for your room and of course there is a safe in your room, which you can hire.

The resort of Es Cana isn’t large, but there is a good choice of bars and shops, the beach can get quite crowded. There is a lovely beach at Cala Lleyna where the water is really clear and plenty of beds and umbrellas, which you pay for at the bar on the beach.

If you choose the Ereso I’m sure you won’t be disappointed, I’m looking forward to my 3rd stay next year, deserves more than its 2 stars, I’ve stayed in worse 4 star hotels.

• Travel date: Sat 15th of September 2007

I spent a week there and would have no p...

Good
Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2007

"I spent a week there and would have no problem recommending the Ereso to anyone.

A few people were saying the food wasn't very good but for me it was exactly as I expected in a family hotel, breakfasts were superb, lunch was never taken but the staff made up two enormous packed lunches for you if requested the night before. We never had to wait at all for a table in the restaurant which is quite good as the hotel seemed full.

Reception staff were helpful when required and the bar prices were very reasonable. I couldn't give it 10/10 as there were a few small problems.....our room never got cleaned properly, beds were made and towels changed but she seemed to just flash a duster in the bathroom.....the beds squeaked horribly and you had to wear ear plugs at night to drown out the squeaks.

The pool area was spotless and very large but get down early for a sunbed as the early morning towel brigade seem to get earlier. Can't comment on the entertainment as our days were spent on Cala Nova beach and the evenings spent in Rios but the reps seemed quite friendly.

A good point is that there were 5 power sockets in the room and no card operated main switch so you could leave things charging up while you weren't in and no need to stop for use of a kettle or hair-dryer... no hair-dryer in bathroom by the way.

No air con but the fan seemed to cool the room down adequately but I was there in September so I can imagine its a bit uncomfortable at the height of the season.

A friend ours who lives in Es cana and works in one of the bars said she hadn't heard anything bad about the Ereso this year, all the comments she had heard had been favourable. Overall I would use the hotel again no problem."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

We have just returned from the Ereso hot...

Reviewed Sat 1st of September 2007

"We have just returned from the Ereso hotel, I took my daughter and myself. I have to say it was the best hotel, the staff were really friendly, the girls who work with all the children during the day and at night with the mini disco are really nice. The food is 100% the choice was lovely and can eat as much as you like. The rooms were really nice, beds and towels were changed every day all in all it was really lovely and we will return very soon, and I have to say the life guard Cecilia wow she was the prettiest lady in Ibiza so when you go say Peter says hello and when I return I ill buy her chilled water everyday as she works so hard it is 100% the best. Every night after the children’s mini disco they have a adult show from singers to magic once again have to say the hotel and holiday was really lovely."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

My wife, I, & another couple spent 10 da...

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2007

"My wife, I, & another couple spent 10 days here & found it to be an excellent choice.

Although there were no children in our party, you couldn't help but notice there was plenty for the youngsters to join in with, but also for the grownups as well... the fun club staff made sure you joined in instead of turning into a greasy spot on a sun lounger!

The food we all thought was very good, with a good range, & decent opening hours for the restaurant.

The rooms were always clean, the hotel itself exceptionally clean & the staff were friendly & polite.

The pool area was always spotless in the morning before guests started using it, & the chairs & tables were all laid out along the lines of the slabs without as much as a chair leg out of place!!

There was enough for us to do at night, as we only went to have a "chilled out" holiday, having a few drinks & sit & have a laugh.

We thought that when we were leaving (14thJuly), was the right time to leave, as the hotel was starting to fill up... a lot of Italians. This is no bad thing, but be prepared for Italy v the rest of the World at Water Polo & the Air Rifle shooting!

The festival during the week, & especially the fireworks display that happens once a year (I think); as it's pretty spectacular, are well worth taking in.

Be wary of the Comedy & Entertainment night out, as we ended up getting some of our money back, due to the proposed comedian falling sick & a rubbish stand in was called in at the last minute! We didn't know about this until the next day when the Thomson Rep offered us money back due to the amount of complaints from quite a few hotels.

We didn't really think it was worth the money we paid for it in the first place.

We were told the Premier cruise is however well worth the money, but we didn't manage to get on that excursion due to some "technical difficulties"! isn't that right Stuart (Thomson Rep)!!! ....:)

If you like the beach, then go to the smaller beach about 10 mins walk from the hotel heading towards the signs for the Camp Site. Great beach with good waves & also a nudist section further along if you're into letting the wind flow freely!

Eating out is a reasonable expense & the alcohol is relatively as well, a little cheaper than home.

All in all, it was an excellent hotel in a great resort, which is ideal for families & couples alike.

Looks like we might be going back next year as well."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

We enjoyed our 1 week stay in the Ereso,...

Good
Reviewed Sun 22nd of July 2007

"We enjoyed our 1 week stay in the Ereso, Staff were very pleasant, hotel spotless pool and bar area also spotless. We found Es Cana clean and quiet no bustling night clubs so it was nice to stroll around after dark ( bar to bar).

Why 8/10 well i did get slight food poisoning 1 night after a mixed fish meal ! and our room over looked the main road, Traffic noise, holiday rep was never to be seen, and we could not get a proper wash because the water was very limey. unable to get a lather. although we went half board we was given lunches as well to be honest you couldnt eat 3 times a day too much, if you want wine with your meal buy the bottle rather than a glass if you dont drink it all the waiter will re cork it add your room number return it to the fridge until your next meal.

Yes if we return to Es Cana we would definately use the Ereso again."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of July 2007