About Hotel Anfora

• ironing service
  • massage
  • shared lounge tv area
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • telephone
  • sun umbrellas
  • sun terrace
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • kids pool
  • pool beach towels
  • spanish amenities
  • desk
  • clothes rack
  • solarium

very good

Reviewed Tue 28th of October 2014

"The hotel is very friendly the staff are good at there jobs the food are good Emma and Tony are so funny and very good with people staying at the hotel. 8/10to22/10/2014

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2014

wont be returning

Reviewed Tue 4th of June 2013

"we visited theis hotel at the beginning of may for our annual two week break.Everything seemed fine the hotel was very clean the rooms basic but very clean, food was ok and the bar staff are very good at their job. The problems started as we walked through reception one morning and a young couple with two children were very distessed and reporting that their money had been taken from their room with no sign of a break in. The same morning another young couple had woke to an intruder looking at them.We had read about this problem before arriving at the hotel and this made us feel very uneasy for the rest of our stay as we had to then walk round with all of our holiday money on us and felt that we had to check our room regularly, sadley we will not be returning to the anfora."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of June 2013

Great family holiday

Reviewed Tue 20th of September 2011

"Spent a week full board early September, food was excellent, lots of choice and great quality. We took our 2 children, 3 year old and 1 year old, they both loved every minute. Great kids entertaintment, 2 good pools and beech was a few minutes walk away. The only down side was no air conditing in the room, however this is apparantly being installed before summer 2012. Would definatly recommend this hotel and would return again."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2011

Unhappy

Reviewed Tue 13th of September 2011

"I stayed here half board for 2 weeks and after 4 days was ill. The food was rubbish if you like reheated food and rubbery meat you'll be fine. Will never stay again the only people who were polite was the bar staff and the maid. "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2011

A Star in the Making

Reviewed Thu 1st of September 2011

"We have just returned from 2 great weeks at this hotel and had a realy good time, we were 2 couples 40/50s and found it to be very clean maids in every day towels and bedding changed every day rooms were a bit old fashioned but were in the process of being renovated,entertainment was good for children Emma and Tony looked after them very well Bar staff were exellent Mandy / Jack and Bev worked very hard to make you feel welcome, Food was execellent and varied even the most fussy eater could not complain. There was a few people who took ill while we were there but i believe this was down to a bug and nothing to do with the hotel as we talked to people from other hotels who had also been ill. the only gripe I had was people reserving loungers by the pool this was done at 04.30am, the back pool was only opened at 10.00am so this helped but we had a situation were a family who were not staying at Anfora but were in an apartment block near by were coming to our pool queing up at 09.30 and taking 8 sun loungers which I think you will agree is not on, but on the whole it was a great hotel and a great resort if your going try popeyes bar, Freddie and Julies ( best sangria in es cana ) and Rio's bar. "

• Travel date: Tue 30th of August 2011

second visit sadly there wont be a third

Reviewed Thu 25th of August 2011

"I raved about this hotel last year,sadly I am unable to do the same this year. First I must say that the bar staff,cleaning staff and entertainers work very hard. Receptionists and management however leave a lot to be desired. We came down with gastric after just two days and this laid us up in the room for days. There were many other people we spoke to who were also ill. We ate outside of the hotel after this.We had an intruder come into the room with his own key-luckily we were in and so he got nothing but he then went on to rob a few more rooms. Management werent in the least bit interested and this is where the hotel lets itself down badly.Do not even think of staying here without buying a safe and never leave anything of any value out in the room. Strange that the intruder/thief only went in rooms that hadnt rented a safe mmm very strange indeed.It really saddens me that I cant reccomend this place as I saw a very different side to it."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of August 2011

not good

Reviewed Mon 17th of October 2011

"I stayed at anfora this month august 1st for one week,the rooms had no air con and was very hot,had to hire a fan 3 uros per night,the fan was very noisey,and didnt make much difference ,had to sleep with patio doors opens ,and our room was down the service round,which was very noisey with the staff inthe kitchen and lorries turning up,bad view from room just trees,food not good ,childrens menu not good,you had to queue for a seat for a table a meal times,mostly only table we could get was where people were waiting to get a table ,so i felt uncomfatable with people watching and trying to get to food bar,not enough sun beds,you carnt take your own drinks round by the pool you have to buy at the bar for a drink,but the rooms were clean.i woulnt go there againe,BUT MOST OF THE STAFF WERE FREINDLY,SO I KNOW NEXT TIME I BOOK A HOLIDAY I WILL MAKE SURE I LOOK INTO MORE,THE THE REVEIWS I READ ABOUT THIS HOTEL BEFORE I BOOKED,BUT SOME PEOPLE DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE FROM A GOOD HOTEL,SO GOOD LUCK IF YOU STAY THERE,

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2011

10 out of 10!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 4th of August 2011

"Just returned from an 11 night stay - 2 adults, and 12 year old son. He loved it! The staff were lovely especially the two reps Tony and Emma who were always upbeat. The food was great! Two good sized pools, never overcrowded. The beach was just walking distance away as was the shops. The hotel was always very clean. There was lots of entertainment for everyone!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of August 2011

just home

Reviewed Mon 27th of June 2011

"we were in anfora for one week in June 2011, the pools are lovely, great safe kiddie pool to. the cleanliness of the apartments are great, the maid visits daily and always does a little personal touch of setting up teddies and moves shoes etc. the food is very good value and great variety and all tastes catered for.

although the lack of aircon was a concern the room wasnt too bad, esp considering we were there in June, but my daughter did miss a tv at siesta time.

the hotel was quite quiet when we were there so the kids disco was cancelled for 3 nights much to my 7yr olds and my dissapointment, but when it was provided the kids really enjoyed it. "

• Travel date: Sun 26th of June 2011

Good Place To Stay

Reviewed Mon 16th of May 2011

"My husband and I have been going to EsCana now for the past 10 years and have stayed in many of the hotels.All excellent.However last year we decided to stay in a B+B just around the corner from the Anfora Playa,(the one oposit the majestic looking swimming pool)in our opinion what a big mistake.The actual B+B itself, not the fact that we went B+B.
Could'nt take any more so, after 2 nights we decided to look for somewhere else to stay. We booked into the Anfora Playa because quite frankly it was the cheapest we could find.Why we never stayed here before we do not know.What a lovely,friendly and clean hotel.Food was'nt bad either.No air con though, so went to local shop and bought a fan. Kettle,hair dryer and iron can be rented if you so wish.Brand new washing machine on 3rd floor.This year we will rent a fridge as we did miss this. Warm beer. NOT nice. Looking forward to being back here soon."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of May 2011

Fake!!!

Reviewed Tue 1st of February 2011

"this hotel is run by a family buisness, its all lovely smiles and helpful till things go missing. we had over 200 euros taken from our room which left us with no money for the rest of the holiday we said we would like to no whos had acsses to our room the reception lady told me her mother had been in my room to clean it she was extreamly rude to me after that shouting and on and of switching language to spanish she told me that maybe i had misplaed it or one of my freinds taken it. this wasnt the way i should have been treated! she told me that i could have gone to the police but the rearest one was in sainti alaylia so i did have the money for a taxi to get there this ruined my holiday and i spoke to otheres around the hotel and i was told by people not to leave money on the side even change a couple came in after at the bar left no more than 15 euros in change on the side the maid came in in the morning so they thought they would go down to the pool to get out of her way when they came back they money had gone. they had no proff the maid had taken it and as it was only 15 euros they didnt kic up a fuss but was horrified to hear about my storyu i hadent left it on the side it was in a pursew in a bage shuved to the back of the drw with my underwear in it. it took someone more than lite fingers someone whent through my things ! i would say if you want to go to this hotel takke all valubales out when you go and try and realise there only being nice because they want your money. futher more the ifromation they give u when you book may no be what you get for example we where under the alution we had a room with air conditioning till we got there."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2011

Hidden Gem

Reviewed Fri 7th of January 2011

"My friend (late 50s and early 60s - going on 30) and I stayed here 8-18 September 2010 for 10 nights. 2 star so were not expecting much. What a surprise. Food fab, so good owner and her family ate there every night, Bar staff, especially Jack, wonderful. Really friendly staff, great chefs. Even a washing machine, well kept secret, and can borrow iron from reception, Only downside, fridge (from outside company) expensive, 50 euros per week. Spotlessly clean. Trying somewhere else 2011 as we like to travel a lot but will definitely be returning here soon. Entertainment pretty good. Go and visit Dave and Sandra on the horse racing game. Worth it just to meet them. Laugh a minute. Lovely couple, we will forever be known as the us Cheeky Girls to them! Do tell them if you read this. Rios well worth a visit, big bucks to be won on the bingo and great karaoke after. All in all, es cana is a brilliant place. Would not bother with the train trip to Santa Eulalia. Boring, But boat trip to Ibiza Town well worth it."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of January 2011

Hotels near Hotel Anfora

Top traveller tips for Hotel Anfora

• ramshaw by ramshaw

"Fab place for holidays for couples/families. "

• top banana by top banana

"A place to unwind & enjoy the scenery "

• top banana by top banana

"Charlies Bar & Bus/boat trips to Santa Eulalia "

• tastytel by tastytel

"Charlies, Seas restaurants.. "

• gersy by gersy

"Plenty of bars, restaurants and generally a nice place "

• gersy by gersy

"The nags head pub and the train to santa eulalia was quite good "

• sianmoss by sianmoss

"Ibiza train excursians, Charlies bar, Cala Nova beach, Hippy Market "

• carpington by carpington

"Seas Cafe/Bar down the road is great.. "

• jadenicholle3006 by jadenicholle3006

"Great Beach, relaxed atmosphere. "

• jadenicholle3006 by jadenicholle3006

"Charlies, Family Fun Bar, Hippy Market, Beach Club (Gorgeous!) "

• karen 1234 by karen 1234

"irish bar turn left as you come out of hotel entertainment at hotel was rubbish "

• Ponderosa by Ponderosa

"Dont be afraid to book because it is only rated 2* "

• ibizalizard by ibizalizard

"Its a wonderful value for money hotel in a fantastic resort "

• hannah by hannah

"top marks, have fun:) "

• Abramdingdong by Abramdingdong

"Very family orientated "

• Beth by Beth

"Amazing place I loved it The best holiday I've had I'd love to go again! "

• Yvette .. by Yvette ..

"dont go here they will ruin your holiday. "

• The EsCana-ers by The EsCana-ers

"Take good walking shoes. Lots of good places to find. "

• thethreeamigos by thethreeamigos

"Visit the hippy market "

• check before you book by check before you book

"Air con,bigger resturant, not big enough,not many sunbeds, "

Hotel Anfora is also called