hotel food!

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"My partner and I have just been away to Caribe, what a waste of good earned money! the food was awful and the room! we have stayed at better travel lodges! a small tv (portable with no remote control) the shower was what can I say but useless. Thank goodness the weather was hot . I dont know where 3 stars came from, we went out for a dinner one night even though we had paid for all inclusive, we spoke to one of the landlords at a local pub and they told us lots of people have complained. An absolute no no! Apart from the cheery young man who checked your card each eveing on entrance to the dining hall the rest of the staff were either rude or had a scowl on their faces."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of August 2010

disappointing

Reviewed Wed 25th of August 2010

"paid 1400 pounds allinclusive for 1 week from 15 aug to 22 aug with good flights.constant queues for drinks most of evening,if your room is next to the stairs dont go to bed before 12.15 because the noise is pretty bad people walking up the stairs.food not too bad,entertainment started about 10 .45 went on till 12 way too late all inc. finished at 11.bad idea.sky t.v plenty of screens.we booked with thomas cook but at the time not told this was a hotel so half are kids so expect to splashed and sprayed with water pistols if you are anywhere near the pools.hotel very clean staff are ok,entertainment poor,good location more or less middle of town,near beach and harbour.i thought es cana itself was alittle bit tatty and run down.go to apache bar round corner near fun fair 1.50 euros a pint."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of August 2010

We love Caribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 16th of September 2010

"We have recently returned from our third holiday at the Caribe and yet again we had a fantastic holiday. Our rooms on the forth floor overlooking the pool were clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially those at reception. There was a vast selection of food at dinner, the salads were fresh and tasty and the hot food was varied and of good quality. I have read a few reviews about this hotel and I can not understand the negative comments which have been made. We will definately return!
Alison Dawson and family"

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of August 2010

rooms and staff

Reviewed Thu 19th of August 2010

"just returned from two weeks in the hotel caribe , our family of five was spilt into two rooms four doors away from each other as they had doubled booked our family room and couldnt put us together for at least five days . it wasnt as easy as that sounds! staff unhelpful and rude. when we got a family room after signing a agreement we wouldnt moan or take any more action. we were given the key to a small clean room looking out at a run down building with dogs plus there mess and rubbish beds fridges you name it . howling and noise all hours , and there was nothing we could do. worse holiday we have ever had would never return , entertainers was the best part for my children they worked really hard . "

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2010

Disappointed

Reviewed Thu 12th of August 2010

"Have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel and I was very disappointed. The rooms are very small, it was ok for me and my daughter but I wouldn't want to be in there with a family of four, the storage space is very limited. They charge €3 a day to hire a small fridge and €2 a day for the safe.

The food was the greatest disappointment. The breakfast was good but the evening meals were awful. Not only was the choice lacking but the quality was poor and it was usually lukewarm. My 10-year old daughter ate chips most days as there wasn't much else that she liked. There was only 1 vegetable each day (if you dont count the deep fried cauliflower or brocolli!!). We complained to reception and the reps but were told that they were happy with the food (probably because they get it free) and that there was nothing that could be done. Also the tables were never cleared, there was 9 of us in our party and the tables were overflowing by the time we had finished. After a complaint to the general manager things did improve for a couple of days but then it was back to normal.

There are not enough sunloungers or umbrellas when the hotel is full, my friend had to go down before 7am to get sunloungers every day (something we dont agree with but have to do if you want a sunbed!!).

The staff were very unhelpful and not very friendly (the only exception was the general manager).

On the plus side the hotel is very clean and well maintained. Rooms are cleaned 6 days a week, with clean towels every day. I never saw the pool being cleaned but it never seemed dirty. The public areas are nice and comfortable. The entertainment during the day is good and the team are excellent, my only complaint about the evening entertainment is that it didnt usually start until 10:45pm which is much to late for young families."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of August 2010

hotel staff rude not interested

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"Just back from the Hotel Caribe we were all inclusive. Well let me tell you the real story.
Hotel is really clean rooms were small,beds were NEVER changed distgusting i had a mark on my pillow and she never changed it... it was just turned over.
Dont go for a shower at 7pm as the water is limited you just get a drizzle.
Pool is never cleaned full of sand from kids coming back from the beach,very slippy with cream.

FOOD: nothing for the kids to eat if they like chips then theres plenty.
If you like fish every night then your ok very limited at dinner time loads of salads and fruit if yor a rabbit.
not a lot of selection TOTALLY CRAP.

STAFF OMG!!!!!! never smile in the resaurant ok if you are spanish they speak to them
they are RUDE!!!!! never said Please or Thank you there is a seperate side for all inclusive and half board people. If you are all inclusive you are treated as second class citizens. Yes we have paid for our holiday but if you were half board you were served first as TIPS were left. Got served by a little HITLER!!!!

Bar Staff EVEN WORSE: all inclusive again never got a thank you you just got to the stage not saying it to them, I even got so angry with one of them that i asked for my order and a bloody smile.... one of the waiters went to the other side of the bar and would not bring my drinks to me he shouted lady and i had to go and get them. I should have just left them that really get on there nerves. Does not cost much to be nice back but after a few days it gets to the stage that you treat them the way you treat you. My husband went for a drink and asked for a peach schnapps and lemonade and a lager and the stupid barman put the lager into the peach scnapps. The barman was not happy as he said my husband watched him doing it. HA HA HA HA lol serves him right for no listening they are not interested in anyone all inclusive at all they just drop the drinks in front of you and dont get a thank you from them.

THE ENTERTAINERS: They were great good with the kids and the adults only thing is that the bar closes at 11pm for all inclusive and the entertainment starts at 11pm so get your drinks in. Carlos is great really funny. Cant fault any of them plenty to do in the day. Dont like the girl wo did the water aerobics. If the kids swam in front of her class she went mental at them if she did that to my daughter she would have been in the fecking pool. She loved herself if she was chocolate she would eat herself.
The matradee alec was english he was really nice.
VICTORIA WAS AS MUCH USE AS AN ASHTRAY ON A MOTOR BIKE!!!!!!!! not interested in what you had to say even sent a lady whos son had there psp stolen to contact the kiddies reps. USELESS!!!!!

Defo wont be back at this hotel es cana ok not much to do though.

• Travel date: Mon 26th of July 2010

Nice hotel but beware of a room poolside.

Reviewed Wed 2nd of June 2010

"We have just returned from a 2wk holiday at this hotel and we were very glad to leave as were many others who were also allocated a room poolside due to the constant barking dogs who live in the accomodation next to the hotel, unfortunately for us we were given a room overlooking the houses and to see the state of them was to be believed and then to have the dogs who were left without food and water and company all day howl all pm, eve and night was too much too bear. I feel as if there may be a link between the Caribe and them as there was absolutely nothing done despite numerous complaints to the front desk and the hotel questionnaires being filled in with the complaints so don`t expect results. We are a couple and couldn`t stand the noise and constant interrupted sleep so parents beware with babies or toddlers you have been warned. Despite this it is a lovely clean hotel and the animation team work so hard to keep you entertained they deserve full credit, the food was nice and there was a good choice too, if the dogs were quite and you couldn`t see the dirty houses you could be sitting in your own slice of paradise."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2010

fantastic

Reviewed Wed 26th of May 2010

"having just returned from my 1st visit to spain let alone ibiza all i can say is i fell in love with the hotel as well as the island, i booked 2 days b4 i went jumping on a mates holiday and i can recommend it to any1, i was all inclusive and the food was top notch every day, all the staff were friendly and the room was spotless( better than any 5 star hotel ive stayed in), the only downside was the entertainment, it was geared towards kids so next time i go im taking mine lol"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of May 2010

50/50

Good
Reviewed Wed 26th of May 2010

"A review coming from a couple aged 18.
The hotel was lovely, very very clean and lovely friendly staff, however the choice of food on a night was basic and simple. The hotel is in a nice location and there is plenty to do, not so much for our age as night life is limited. The complex is expensive for drinks if gone out of the hotel. Rooms were cleaned and towels were changed everyday. Would definatley visit ibiza again but for us personally, would choose a different area with more bars and clubs. Perfect for families with children and older couples looking for a peacfull relaxing holiday :) "

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of May 2010

Do not go!

Reviewed Tue 3rd of November 2009

"The caribe hotel in Es Cana is in a good location handy for the beach shops bars etc and the food at the hotel is good too espicially if you have children but if you are a couple there are far better hotels in the resort! The staff at the caribe are so unfriendly in the dining room and at the bar!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of November 2009

Best Holiday to date

Reviewed Mon 31st of August 2009

"We 1st visited Caribe in 2006 and decided to go back as we were so impressed, i was expecting it to be much the same as last time but couldnt have been more wrong...it was 10 times better!!! The accomodation was spotless and comfortable, the food good (although at times the choice was a little limited paticularly for fussy teenagers!!). The pool clean although they could do with a few more umbrellas, and we couldnt have ordered better weather. But the thing that made the holiday was the Animation Team, what a bunch of characters, very professional, extremely friendly and not too pushy, took no for an answer if you didnt want to join in, but it was hard to resist joining in their antics, i hope they will be there next year as we fully intend on returning."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of August 2009

Best Holiday Ever!

Reviewed Tue 18th of August 2009

"Just returned from a last minute break to the Caribe, Es Cana. We had the best time ever with plenty to do for the kids in the hotel and within walking distance. Hotel was very clean, rooms cleaned daily and all staff very friendly and helpful. Food was very good and varied - plenty of choice each day. Animation team were excellent and had me laughing every day - Very Gooooood! Can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Sun 16th of August 2009