About Sirenis Cala Llonga Resort

• kids club

Good

how are people giving this place 10/10????????

Reviewed Mon 19th of October 2015

"Well where do I start!!!!! Well guess I have no complaints with the staff at all, especially Javi the barman in adults bar really fun guy and he brings a drink to you without you ordering it. Rest of staff friendly and polite.

Right, for the negatives!!!!!
*food was limited and sometimes cold, basically if you didn't like the look of what they made then its a plate of chips. Not only that you may experience a sick stomach.

*reps were hard to find if you needed them. Not only that they did like music quiz first night we were there, most of the songs were chatty house music which I have no interest in hearing. So felt a little cheated. Not only that dead on half 10 they would put the venga boys we are going to Ibiza???? Ummm we are already in Ibiza we can't go where we already are?????

*the room, jeez it took me back to the 80s on the wall looks like wood chip paper it looked really bad. It wasn't the room Thomsons showed us. We were shown a plush room. But probably a room in the hotel next to us. Feel a little conned. The table and chairs on balcony are plastic cheap things. Oh added a pic of the shower I had big enough for a mouse.

I really can't understand why people have raved about this place, I will be booking only adults next as kids just ruined the whole holiday being noisy little rug rats. Children should be seen not heard.

Sorry to the guys that work there but its not me."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of October 2015

Great Holiday

Reviewed Fri 5th of August 2011

"I have just got back from an all inclusive week long stay at the Hotel Playa Dorada in Cala LLonga, Ibiza. I enjoyed my stay very much and am happy to say that I would stay there again.

Location:
The location of the hotel is brilliant. It overlooks the beach so there are fantastic views. Also, from the pool area it is a 2 minute walk to the beach. There are plenty of things to do. For example, there is a scuba-diving club which you pass on your way to the beach from the pool area. You can also rent a pedalo with a slide on the beach for an hour or so (15 euros). The hotel reception also sells ferry tickets to visit the other resorts nearby. I would recommend taking the ferry trip because you get to see some great views of the island. The hotel is also only a five minute walk from all of the shops and supermarkets so you won't have to travel very far if you need to buy something.

Food: The hotel restaurant is only open for breakfast (8am-10am) and Dinner (7pm-10pm). I thought that the selection of food was great. There was something for everyone. If you just want to eat English food and nothing else, then you are catered for. In the same way that you are equally catered for if you want to eat anything but the food you are used to at home. In the week I was staying there I did not have any problems with the food whatsoever.

The hotel restaurant is not open at lunchtime, however you can still order food at the bar near the pool. The bar mainly serves food such as burgers, chips, salads, baguettes and sandwiches. At lunchtime you are also allowed to go over to the Hotel Playa Imperial (literally next door to the Hotel Playa Dorada)for lunch. If you don't want to eat a burger or something similar in the pool bar then I would definitely recommend going over to the Hotel Playa Imperial as they have a much wider range of food.

Hotel Room: The room was a little bit small but other than that it was fine. I had a room on the second floor which overlooked the pool area and had a good view of the beach. The room was cleaned every day. The only problem I had concerning the room was that I bought a safety deposit box at reception to put passports and emergency money in but when I opened it for the first time the door fell off! Now, luckily I saw the funny side and went back down to the receptionist who was very apologetic and made sure that it was fixed by the end of the day (if anybody is curious, they fixed it within the hour).

Staff: I thought the staff in the hotel were brilliant. They were all very friendly and polite and really made you feel welcome. I have to give a special mention to the two waiters in the bar above the pool area- they were lovely. When it got busy in there they would literally run around the bar area with a full tray of drinks making sure everybody got there drinks quickly (the fact that they never once dropped a drink whilst running around like that still amazes me!). The staff in the hotel restaurant were all incredibly polite and always have a smile on their face and I don't have a bad word to say about any of them.

Entertainment: The four hotel entertainers were great if you have kids. They would come round the pool area asking if you want to join in any of the activities they were doing e.g. table tennis, football. They also held a kids disco every night in the bar area which all the kids seemed to love.

One Criticism: My friend was on crutches during this holiday because she had torn the ligaments in her leg and she struggled to get around the pool area because there were so many stairs. The lifts in the hotel only go down to level '-2'. From there you have to go down one flight of steps to the bar area above the pool and then down another flight of stairs to the pool. If she wanted to go to the beach it was yet another flight of stairs. There is a ramp going from the pool to the bar above but to get to that, guess what? There is another small flight of stairs to get to the ramp.

If she wasn't on crutches then this wouldn't have been a problem whatsoever but it did make me think that the disabled access down to the pool area could have been a lot better.

Despite this, I had a great time at the hotel Playa Dorada and would definitely stay there again. I would recommend this hotel to anybody, it's great.

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2011

The best family holiday

Reviewed Wed 16th of September 2009

"Me and my husband and two kids have just come back from a weeks holiday in the playa dorada hotel in cala llonga. I cant fault anything during our stay at the hotel, food was great, hotel entertainers were brillant and also hotel staff even the cleaners were freindly and we would get fresh towels everyday and our beds also changed or made. This was our first family holiday together and would defintly go back to the playa Dorada or even the imperial hotel, which is the sister hotel next door.
All the staff made us feel welcome and the weather was fab even in Sept, the scenery around the hotel was beautiful.
Having read other reviews on the hotel before we went, we didnt have any problems with the food other than it could have been a bit more varied and offer more of a selection in the snack bars during the day. The food was always hot and plenty of it. We didnt experience any problems with the lift in the hotel as per other reviews.
This hotel is suited for all ages, familes and couples and if you are going on holiday here you are guranteed a fab time.
Thanks to all the staff at the hotel and all the people we met for making it a fab holiday to remember. "

• Travel date: Tue 15th of September 2009

Best week of my life

Reviewed Wed 24th of June 2009

"we have just come back from our stay in the playa dorada hotel in cala llonga !!!! it was brillant .. Cala llonga is a small town away from all the mad party cities but their not far away ! The hotel was very clean and the staff was amazing and very helpful ! The food in the hotel was beautiful with a wide select of all different foods . The entertainment in the hotel by the people who did the kiddies clubs and sports was totally fabulous .. we were traveling with 4 teenagers and every night they wanted to stay as the entertaiment in the hotel was great for all ages .. including comedy,quizes,singing, bird shows and lots more !!
The hotel was right beside the beach and in ibiza town the shopping was really good ! The weather was very warm but really nice with each day around 33-34 degress !!
I Will defanately be heading back to the playa dorada hotel in the near future and i would like to thank all the staff and kiddies entertainers Diego, Andre , Daniel and Sarch for making our holiday complete with the club dances and shows !! "

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of June 2009

just done a week here and it was ok, the...

Reviewed Sun 17th of August 2008

"just done a week here and it was ok, the hotel is nice in need of a lick of paint here and there but was spotlessly clean! they clean day and night, the rooms get cleaned and sheets changed 6times a week, not on a monday though.the hotel is situated on quite a steep hill no good for the aged and prams were hard work as i can vouch for!!there are steps down to the pool area there are 3 pools 1 baby pool and 2 adults,the only thing wrong with the pools is that they dont open until 10a.m i found this a pain as when my boy seen the pool he wanted to go in and wasnt allowed, try explaining that to a 19month old! the food is of a good quality(for a 3star) plenty of choice for breakfast or evening meal,the service was excellent. poolside bar/cafe food was ok too and again couldnt fault service, the biggest groan of the hotel is the lifts, there are only 2 and for such a big hotel not enough and they tend to go past your floor without stopping or when they do stop theyre full,overall i was pleased with the holiday. the resort of cala longa is VERY quiet and no good for youngsters or people who want entertainment in the evening, so be warned.but the cove and surroundings were pleasent on the eye.one last thing if you go to this hotel go all inclusive as its not cheap for drinks etc "

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

The entertainment was fabulous, really l...

Reviewed Mon 11th of August 2008

"The entertainment was fabulous, really loved the enthusiasm and the overall staff and cleanliness of the hotel was great. However, we were forced out of the room, when we had only stayed 6 nights instead of 7, we were not nicely welcomed, and the reception staff swore at us. It was ruined at the end, as we were kicked out and we really hated it, but other than that it was a great hotel. A good tip is to confirm how long you stay for. "

• Travel date: Mon 11th of August 2008

Great holiday at Playa Dorada, Ibiza. Ha...

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2007

"Great holiday at Playa Dorada, Ibiza. Have already booked to go back next year.

Excellent hotel, food was quite nice, and hotel staff and entertainment team did an excellent job both with the kids and adults.

Hotel right on beautiful beach and ferry came to beach every hour and took you to any part of Ibiza for about 8 - 11 Euros return.

Can’t wait to go back next year."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

Me and my family have recently spent an...

Reviewed Sat 30th of June 2007

"Me and my family have recently spent an idyllic week in Ibiza - Cala Llonga, hotel Playa Dorada.

The reception staff was second to none, we upgraded our room to a suite for a small cost of 50 pounds for the week, and it was absolutely amazing, the food is excellent although because of the amount you can eat it would be a bit much for 2 weeks!

The beach down a few steps is amazing, clean, and very safe, If there was a downside to this holiday it was the small lifts, but as I was on the first floor it did not bother us, also there are a lot of stairs up and down to pool and dining room.

We are definitely going back next year if not sooner, would recommend it for a peaceful holiday."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of June 2007

PRIME POSITION

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"June 2007.
We have just returned from a week stay at the Playa Dorada in Calla Llonga in Ibiza. As we had only booked it three weeks before we left we wernt expecting a room with a view.
We were delayed three hours but that was the only problem on this holiday. The hotel is in an excellent position overlooking the sea and the beach the views were lovely. The food was definetly of a five star standard. There was so much choice no body should have reason to complain. The presentation of all the food was of a very high standard. The cleaniness of the hotel was excellent to. On reading another comment on trip advisor someone wrote that the walls were very thin this was true but then how much time do you spend in there? The staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble. Calla Llonga is a very quiet resort but there are places to eat out and drink all at reasonable prices. The beach and sea is excellent.
We didnt use the pool as it was very crowded but it looked very good and ideal for people with children.
Would definetly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Good Overall

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I have just returned with my Fiance from a weeks holiday at the Sirenis Imperial in Cala Llonga. We booked through First Choice and did'nt get off to the best of starts with a six hour delay and trying to sleep in Manchester Airport through the night! Apparently the delay was down to First Choice having too many people off sick! On our late arrival at the Sirenis Playa Imperial we were informed by the reception that we were not booked into the hotel by First Choice! Bit of a nightmare start to the holiday to say the least... after ten minutes the receptionist said they would sort it out with FC and we could finally check in and go to our room.

The room was perfect for the two of us, and we had a great view of the bay and looking back into Cala Llonga from our balcony on the top floor (8). The room consisted of twin beds, two bedside cabinets (with lamps), a table with lamp, two chairs, a dressing table with drawer and mirror, a small t.v. with 'bbc world' and 'cnn' as the only english speaking channels, and ofcourse the balcony with two chairs and a small table. The bathroom was small but again perfectly fine and no problems with water temp.

The hotels common areas look a bit dated and old fashioned and i guess thats why it has a 3 star rating. There are two lifts and they do get very busy at peak times such as in the morning and of an evening not a problem unless you are on the top floor like us! But it was never a big problem.

The food was really good, having stayed at the Sirenis Seaview in ibiza previously, i was hoping the food would live upto that and it did. Plenty of choice although sometimes they dont always label all the food up. The only negative to the food was that the desserts are usually limited to a selection of three types of cake, fruit and ice cream. The cakes were tiny but most of them were nice and the watermelon was to die for!

The hotel staff were hit and miss, on reception they informed us we could have a late check out and to book it later that day, we came back and no they did'nt have any available. We asked for a room to shower in and get changed and they said yes but only for half an hour. We arranged to have the room at 7.30pm but we were not given the key till 7:40pm and then had the guy at reception knocking on the door after 20 minutes to say someone else was waiting. If we had our kids with us it would have taken a dam sight longer than 30 minutes to shower and change all four of us. They should let the room out for 45 mins atleast, or just give you a late checkout as requested. The staff in the restaurant were very good but seemed a bit thin on the ground on the odd occasion.

The resort itself was fantastic, we went for a cheap week away and did'nt venture out much at night although we discovered a fantastic bar called the 'Up & Inn' it has entertainment, great food, and cheap drinks and a good atmosphere too, it really was a nice place to sit of an evening. It was english owned and showed sports from sky sports and other channels on various televisions dotted around the terrace and indoor's too. Great place for families.

We loved Cala Llonga so much we are going to take our kids as soon as possible. The beach is fantastic and is really great for kids, the water is shallow quite along way out and is really calm too being a bay. At the back of the beach there is a park for the kids next to one of the beach bars. The best beach bar for food is definitely the Cala Llonga restaurant in the corner."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

Fantastic Hotel!!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We stayed at this hotel from 13th May 2007 for 14 nights All inclusive. The resort of Cala Llonga was fantastic. I am glad however that we booked all inclusive as the resort is quiet and there wasn't alot of choice of places to eat out.
The location of the hotel is stunning, we had a great view of the bay & tree covered hills!!! The room was cleaned every day apart from Tuesday's & the room was always left looking spotless. The food was good and there was aleays plenty of choice. There is a menu outside the of the restaurant so you can see what's being served but it would help if they labelled the food. The staff in the restaurant were extremely helpful.
We went to the pool bar every day for lunch & for drinks after dinner and the staff in there were by far the best in the hotel. Alfonso & the boys were always really nice & let us have all of the football on!! How sad!!
We ventured out quite alot & visited Ibiza Town, San Antonio, Playa D'en Bossa & Santa Eulalia. A visit to San Antonio for the sunset is a must as it's amazing. Make sure you take advantage of the buses as they are soooo cheap.
One thing I would say is the hotel was great for kids. We didn't have any with us but into the 2nd week of our hol was half term & the hotel filled up. The kids seemed to have a great time.
All in all a great holiday. We love Ibiza & would definately return."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Beautiful location right next to beach.

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Booked last minute, due to being caught up in the unbeatable holiday scam so had to take whatever was available. Couldnt fault the food or locaton.There was always something for eveyrone at mealtimes, and if you missed breakfast you could always get something from the snackbar at 11am. We travelled with 4 adults 2 15 yearolds 12year old 13year old and a nine year old. Bay small and safe that all children could go to shops park etc and you know they could not get lost. First 3 days were lovely at the beach (as swimming pool areas get crowded and noisy we couldnt be bothered getting up at 8am to save our sunbed)but then the jellyfish came in and were stinging everyone. The green flag was still flying and there were no warnings at the hotel about this problem. Not enough lifts for the size of the hotel and the walls are very thin we could hear everything next door and above us were saying.Hotel in need of an update, but overall we had a great holiday knowing our kids were safe plenty of freedom, clean rooms, good food, friendly staff."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Hotels near Sirenis Cala Llonga Resort

Top traveller tips for Sirenis Cala Llonga Resort

• Eimear by Eimear

"The water park was really good but its a short drive away but their is public transport "

• Mervyn C by Mervyn C

"get pi55ed makes the day go quicker "

Sirenis Cala Llonga Resort is also called