Reviewed Tue 8th of September 2009

"Just got back from staying here for 1 week, I would say this is excellent accommodation we have 2 teenagers who thought it was great,very spacious rooms with plenty of beds, lovely bathroom & kitchenette,huge balcony facing the sea. Situated above the Supermarket for all your amenities,lady in the shop very helpful. I would definateley stay here again."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of September 2009

Just the job

Reviewed Sat 7th of March 2009

"This was my 7th time in Ibiza and my partners 1st to the island. If your looking for sizzling nightlife then Cala Llonga is not the place for you. The place is peaceful and very good just to relax. The Hotel is very relaxing as well, No kids running or screaming around the hotel, so just what you want from a holiday in the sun to re-charge the batteries.... Will be returning but this time to a room with a terrace balcony that faces out to sea. Food was nice but did repeat after a wekk or so, be careful of things that look like onion rings! They are actually Squid.. All in all FAB! Paul & Rebecca"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of March 2009

Just back from a week staying here. Boo...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of July 2008

"Just back from a week staying here. Booked last minute with this accommodation not expecting much at €139 pp. What a great surprise. Right on the beach, above a supermarket and sun shine all week with not a cloud in sight.

Would highly recommend this place for a nice quiet break. No late night music. Everything you need on your doorstep for a relaxing time at a nice easy going place."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

We spent two week here in Aug it you wan...

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2007

"We spent two week here in Aug it you want a peaceful holiday, no screaming children AT ALL this is the place to visit. Staff friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms.

Good outside entertainment especially nice and cooling Aug, just what you need after a day in the sun. Lots to visit around island if you want to tour, water buses and land buses easy and cheap to catch.

Would return for a chill. Food good."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of November 2007

This was my 9th visit to Ibiza and my mo...

Reviewed Sat 28th of July 2007

"This was my 9th visit to Ibiza and my most disappointing. Cala Llonga deserves its reputation as a sleepy town I have seen more life in a graveyard, after midnight the resort is totally silent. Public transport stops at 7.30 in the evening so if you're a big fan of the night-life in Ibiza town you have to rely on taxis which cost 40 euros return if you can get one that is.

Although beautifully situated, Hotel Cala Llonga is really only geared to loved up elderly couples, in my 40s and being single I felt totally out of it as it felt as if I was in an old persons home. Single rooms are appallingly small with concrete wall views. I had to upgrade for an additional £200 as I would have gone insane in such cramped conditions.

The receptionists although pleasant can be frosty at times and speak very poor English, it was an effort to be understood. Meals on the other hand are exceptionally good. Entertainment was an insult, quizzes being the norm and a tubby singer who made regular appearances. I laughed out loud at all the 'coffin dodgers' getting on down to 'brown girl in the ring'.

Hotel is approached by a steep hill and steps so useless for those with heart conditions, elderly or disabled. If I ever hear Abba, Queen or the Beatles again I'll go mad. Won't be staying there again, no eye candy either!"

• Travel date: Sat 28th of July 2007

Pleasant and helpful staff, clean rooms,...

Reviewed Wed 6th of June 2007

"Pleasant and helpful staff, clean rooms, good food, entertainment was ok.

The 2 Thomson entertainment girls were always cheery and smiling and chatty,
whenever you saw them.

There was a good mix of ages when we were there and most guests were friendly,
you could join in the daytime entertainment if you wanted to.

The steps and path leading to the town and beach could be a bit tricky if you have walking difficulties but you could go via the road.

If you want a good relaxing quiet holiday then I would recommend.

• Travel date: Wed 6th of June 2007

The hotel and staff were excellent. We d...

Reviewed Wed 24th of January 2007

"The hotel and staff were excellent. We did not take up the 'All Inclusive Drinks' option as we felt we would have to stay in the hotel most of the time.

We like to go sightseeing when we are on holiday so did not think it would be value for money for us. The cost was 13.17 euros each per day (min 7 days).

If you want to have something nice to eat we can recommend the SOS Restaurant and Flippers (which is just next door).

We went to the Pirates Bar which we found very nice, no loud music just background music.

One thing not to miss is the water taxis, they are a bit more expensive than the buses but they are great, and plenty of them. The only time you cannot get them is between 1 p.m and 3 p.m as that is when most places close for a siesta.

The only thing is at 12 midnight nowhere is allowed to have music outside.

We would not rule out returning to this hotel at a future date."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of January 2007

Don't believe the bug problem is hotel r...

Reviewed Mon 15th of January 2007

"Don't believe the bug problem is hotel related, the place was spotless while we stayed there.

A couple of the bars in the bay area could well be the source, judging by the lack of hygiene standards.

Nothing is too much trouble unless you one of those grumpy old sods.

Food is good, plentiful & varied, chips if you want then foreign dishes if you prefer.

AI drinks option is well worth it if you enjoy more than the odd drink.

But the home grown Thompson entertainment were absolutely awful, why the professional acts where not used to better effect baffles me.

On other nights Thompson wheeled out the dream team, who were not much better than our hotel reps except they had better costumes.

While this racket was going on trying to entertain us, the professionals normally sat at the bar which to me was a total waste of real talent.

And please please try to be a bit more inventive rather than dawn to dusk quizzes.

Overall nice break, shame about the amount of oldies."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of January 2007

Hotel is clean and staff friendly. The...

Reviewed Sun 7th of January 2007

"Hotel is clean and staff friendly.

The room - well, we had a room with a view of a spiral staircase, and a few trees so I think their boast of "all rooms have sea or hills views" is a bit of a fat fib!

The maid cleans every day and you can only get a couple of TV stations but hey you don't spend all your time in your room do you? No, you go and explore the resort. Oh and you can do that in about an hour!

Got really excited about a nice juicy steak one night and waited 45 minutes for a plate with a steak, chips and mushrooms literally thrown onto the plate!

I'm so sorry I can't find anything really good to tell you, but I guess if you are in the twilight of your life I can probably just about understand why you would stay here. The pace is so slow we had to keep checking our pulse!

But they are all happy together and loving the entertainment which is aimed towards the elders. So total respect to them and I hope that if I reach their age I will still have it in me to enjoy sun,sea, sand and sangria. Until then, I'll stick to Majorca!"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of January 2007

These apartments are right on the beach....

Reviewed Sun 2nd of July 2006

"These apartments are right on the beach. Very convenient for families with young children, we have one of 11 & one of 8. They are 2 star because they have no pool, but we used other hotel pools anyway! With the beach that near who needs a pool anyway!? Rooms are clean and very large.

The housekeeper Isabel was absolutely great, any problems, see her. The restaurant below is fabulous, especially the huge BBQ on Saturday and Wednesday evenings. Most staff in area speak very good English so communication wasn't a problem. The bus route to nearby resorts are very easy, but make sure you use the terminal near the beach and not the one on main road as it is normally full by the time it gets there! Take snorkel stuff as rocks either side of beach are great for seeing fish. Crabbing was great fun too. Budget for the sun beds and parasols as they are 3.50 euros each which really adds up over the 2 weeks.

The Italian restaurant, Valentinos was excellent but the favourite for us was the Wild Asparagus Restaurant which is up a hill and overlooks the bay which is stunning at night. They also do accommodation but wasn't good for us as we like the beach and its a walk down which means walk up on the way back! We definitely want to go back & will be using the Cala Llonga Apartments without a second thought."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

A Thomson Gold Hotel in a lovely setting...

Reviewed Sun 14th of May 2006

"A Thomson Gold Hotel in a lovely setting, adults only so a great place to chill out. Beautiful accommodation, clean premises, lovely food served buffet style, friendly and very helpful staff and reps, entertainment, is okay, a bit cheesy.

Plenty going on a few hundred yards from the hotel, but not if you are expecting a hectic night life, hotel is a few hundred yards from the beach and boat trips run regularly to nearby Es Cana.

I would stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

We stayed here in May and September 2003...

Reviewed Tue 17th of January 2006

"We stayed here in May and September 2003 and again in September 2004 with our young son and teenage goddaughter. The apartments are very basic (circa 1970s) but very clean and well equipped. The staff are all very friendly and love kids.

Cala Llonga is a really lovely resort - not too lively with a beautiful beach for the children and everything within walking distance.

We would heartily recommend both the Cala Llonga Playa apartments and resort to anyone with a young family.

Warning! Make sure that the taxi/coach drivers know where you are going. On our first trip we booked a taxi as our son was only 14 months old and it was a late flight. The taxi driver didn't know which apartments we were going to and left us in the square. Not a very good first impression but the locals and the staff at the Cala Llonga Playa more than made up for that!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of January 2006

Hotels near Palladium Hotel Cala Llonga

Top traveller tips for Palladium Hotel Cala Llonga

• Mrs D Mottram by Mrs D Mottram

"Casa Piedra Restaurant just situated as you come into Cala Llonga.Mister Cairos For Entertainment . "

• microcuts by microcuts

"Get a car and just travel the whole island "

Palladium Hotel Cala Llonga is also called