Eurostars Lucentum

Avenida Alfonso X El Sabio 11, 03002 Alicante Spain

all round good hotel

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"we stayed here on a long weekend break. the location was good, walking distance to the old town, the castle and the town beach. Rooms were a good size with nice modern bathrooms and were overall furnished very well. good choice at breakfast but a bit expensive if you don't want to eat loads, so after one morning of breakfast in the hotel we headed to a cafe in the latin quarter. friendly, helpful staff. i would stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of October 2007

Excellent value

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"Very well located hotel in the centre of town. It is within walking distance to everywhere in the city, with the beach being about 15 mins stroll. Parking is right in front of the hotel in the public underground carpark which is not too expensive.

The room was large but without a good view. The bathroom was large and well stocked. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The only irritation was that the a/c would not go any lower than 22C which must have been set by the hotel.

The breakfast in the morning was excellent. The buffet had an enormous variety which would cater for any taste and was of high quality. It is definitely worth getting this added when you check in as you get a good discount off the normal rate for the breakfast.

The spa/gym facilities were not worth a visit - too basic and not very inviting.

Overall the hotel represented very good value for money and worth staying for the breakfast alone! Would definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Excellent Hotel, good location

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I stayed for one night at this hotel with my wife on the way back to Alicante airport. The initial impression of the hotel was that it was clean, and business like, but dont let that put you off. The staff were helpful when needed. The room, although relatively basic, was clean, modern and comfortable. The double bed was large, the tv big and the bathroom was a good size.

I booked this via Expedia and I felt the price was quite good for just one night. It is fairly central to Alicante and about 10 minutes away from the beach and the restaurants along the sea front. We had trouble trying to find the Hotel, but that was probably down to my map reading skills, roll-on the sat-nav!

There is no car parking per sa, but the staff directed us to 24hr underground parking 2 streets away which cost €9.55 for a days parking. Getting out of the parking and getting to the Airport was easy and took around 15-20 mins.

Overall i'd recommend this hotel is staying for 1 or 2 nights, but I'd eat outside the hotel as the choice will be better and cheaper. If in Alicante again I'd stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Very good but a couple of niggles

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed there for 3 nights at a bargain price of £80 for two people when we booked through expedia. It was certainly worth the money and I would stay there again. The hotel was very nice, modern and everywhere was clean and well decorated. The rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. They supplied a hairdryer in the bathroom which could be unplugged and used in the bedroom, which was handy because it meant that I could use it while my partner had a shower. The toiletries were pretty good and they even supplied a sponge and cotton buds. Basically, it was a great hotel apart from the following niggles:

The shower became scaldingly hot every 10 seconds. This happened every day and our friends in two other rooms also found the same.
The shower is not enclosed - the bathroom is effecrively a wet room and the toilet became soaked every time we used the shower, which also meant that we had to move all the towels and toilet rolls to the other end of the room every time we showered.
The breakfast was truly awful. We paid an extra 9 euros each, per day for breakfast. It would have been 12 euros but you could pay in advance, at the reduced rate, for your whole stay. I understand why that do that; after having tried the breakfast I would certainly not have gone back a second day if we hadn't paid in advance. The 'hot' food (sausages, egg etc) was cold or luke warm at best and generally rather bland. The bacon was mostly fat, and all the bread was white. There was a range of cereal, but none of it healthy. The only healthy food available was fruit and yoghurt, which is unlikely to get anyone throught the morning. I would definitely recommend going elsewhere for breakfast - we loved the food outside of the hotel (especially the calamari), and you can eat very cheaply.

Don't let any of the niggles put you off, it generally feels like a 4 star hotel and if you can get a good deal on Expedia then I would highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of August 2007

lovely new modern hotel in the centre of alicante

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"lovely modern new hotel in the centre of alicante. it has the comfiest bed I have ever been in and I loved the minimalist look of the place. Staff were a bit thin on the ground which lead to one of our party having her bag stolen in an almost empty dining room! this led to our party moving hotels but the hotel itself WAS lovely and I am sure this was an isolated incident.
The hotel is situated centrally off the rambla and a 5 min walk from the beach and marina."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Bravo Hesperia

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"A new Hotel, and i must say, it is and was beautiful.
I stayed there twice while in Alicante, it is modern, the staff is
excellent, the food as well. The rooms/bathroom are very confortable, and so clean. I cannot say enough, except, i would
go back whenever in Alicante!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Super Hotel in City Centre

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We stayed here for 4 days at end of February and start of March. Great room, very clean, bed very comfortable and nice bathroom. Modern hotel with good decoration. Breakfast included in price and was great buffet value with everything you could want. Staff very friendly and helpful. Used the sauna and Jacuzzi. Close to central market, buses, station, bars, cafes, etc and only a short walk to the
front and port. Would recommend this hotel to both tourists and business users."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

Excellent location - hotel could be a bit better

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Booked for a Valentines trip (2 nights) in Feb 2007 and used the reviews on here as our guide. The hotel is in a very central location, on a main (busy-ish) road containing shops, chemists, bakeries/cafes, etc. The hotel reception is bright and spacious, and the staff were friendly and helpful. We were given room 805 which was high up enough for us not to hear the traffic at all, and as one other reviewer said, we were able to see the sea from our window (with a little neck-craning!). The room was plainly decorated - no pictures etc on the wall, all in beige, very minimal - but then I suppose its really a business hotel.

One of the airconditioning slats in the ceiling was missing, exposing the pipes etc inside the ceiling, but other than that, the room was LARGE (but lacked bits of furniture it could have done with eg a small sofa, etc). The airconditioning unit on the wall did not work so the room was BOILING all the time, even if you turned off the unit, which made things uncomfortable. We had to leave the window open most of the time to stay cool, and when we did, a second airconditioning slat came crashing down onto the floor because of the breeze (luckily we were not standing near it, as it was a big piece of metal!).

The beds are nice and firm, 2 singles pushed together. There is lots of wardrobe space (mirrored doors), and a safe in the wardrobe. There is a TV with about 15 channels, with european channels. The bathroom was good sized, but with one of those annoying showers that sprayed/flooded the floor as soon as you turned it on, which was a pain! There is a bidet too. The hairdryer was one where you can had to constantly depress the "on" button with your thumb for it to work so it got a bit painful! The toilettries were really nice aloe vera stuff, smelled lovely and really gentle. Also extras like a comb, cotton buds, shower cap, sponge, shoe shiner etc - very thorough! The gym area had 4 machines in it, but we didnt use the the sauna as the jaccuzzi pool was out of order which was a shame.

We had lunch in the hotel restauirant as we'd just arrived and wanted something quick, it was 16E for 3 courses but it was disappointing. I ordered tuna salad as a starter which was a chunk of tinned tuna and dry salad leaves with no dressing. My partner had bean and prawn salad and said the beans were overcooked. I ordered swordfish for my main which was completely raw in the middle (not seared, but RAW) and so I had to leave half of it. It also said it came with potatoes but none appeared. For pudding, the "seasonal fruit" were not seasonal. It was a shame, as we were expecting better. Breakfast was good though! HUGE buffet of all sorts of things, cakes, fruit, toast, cereal, meats/cheese, 2 types of eggs, sausage, bacon etc etc. You name it.

The area the hotel in is great - you have the 'Barrio' (bars etc) area 5 mins walk behind the hotel, and the port area 5 mins walk in front of the hotel, so you couldnt ask for better. We went to some lovely little bars around the Barrio in the evenings (HUGE measures - a gin and tonic was a quarter of a bottle of gin and some tonic water served in a small fishbowl). We had some meals in the port that were great too. It was really quiet all over the city, as it was February, so it was great to have the space to explore.

The hotel needs to improve and I would choose another place if were to return to Alicante, but for the location, it cant be beaten."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of February 2007

Hotels near Eurostars Lucentum

Stayed at Eurostars Lucentum? Share your insight.

Eurostars Lucentum is also called