Abba Centrum Hotel

Calle Pintor Lorenzo Casanova 31-33, 03003 Alicante Spain

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Alicante to say the least was not our favorite spot on our 6 month trip, but thankfully what Alicante lacked our hotel made up for. It was a lovely hotel. The rooms were massive, modern, quiet and dark at night. There was a bar fridge in the room which is always handy. The bathroom was clean and nice and with a good selection of toiletries. There was a small gym with a sauna, which was good. It is close to the bus station and there is a supermarket opposite it. I cant imagine we would go to Alicante again but if we did would definetely stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of September 2008

Great Hotel

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Abba Centrum Hotel, Alicante, Spain
Date 6th August 2008
Non Trip Advisor UK
My husband and I have just come back from a 4 night break in The Abba Centrum Hotel in Alicante and it was fantastic, what a find for a three star. The hotel looks like a four star the rooms are fresh and clean and everything felt new. This is the third hotel we have stayed in in Alicante over the past 3 months, not only was it by far the best it was the cheapest. The other great thing is that it is on the same street as the C6 bus stop that goes to the airport. The two other hotels we have stayed at in the city have been OK but somewhat tired and the first hotel was very nosy, none of this can be said of the Abba Centrum. This is the best 3 star hotel we have ever stayed in and the quality of the rooms is better than some 4 star hotels I have been in. As they say we will return."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

Great hotel - abba centrum alicante

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"The hotel was new and even a bit luxorious, room was good and spacious enough, the bathroom was very nice and there was a flat-screen tv and a balcony, although it was not so nice to stay there since there was quite a bit of noise from the street. Sound-proofing was great, we could not hear anything from the others rooms or the corridor although our door was right next to the elevators!

Breakfast was nice, bit and pieces of various Spanish foods, almost in a tapas style. Reception staff was otherwise very courteous and helpful, but when I needed to print out boarding passes for our flight next day, and my hotmail account did not work on their computer, they said that there is nothing wrong and that my account is not working. They were a bit unfrienly with this and I felt a bit stupid, which is not the way to treat a customer...

They advised me to 2 internet cafes - both of which were closed of operation. I managed to find one my own, where my account worked like charm and I could print the boarding passes in 5 minutes... This was the only thing that was not handled well during our stay, but in a hotel otherwise so well-kept, they should have a funtioning computer and ability to print documents.

Anyhow, otherwise the hotel would deserve more than 3 stars, we really enjoyed our stay in any case."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of July 2008

GREAT Hotel in the center of Alicante

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"we stayed here for 2 nights and it was absolutely great. The hotel seems to be really new (though this chain is expanding in spain right now), big rooms, clean and luxorious bathroom, bed room spacious and flat screen tv with international channels.

They have three stars, but if you know alicante and its hotel scene a bit better, you will know that there are some 4 star hotels with less comfort! The Abba is definitely a 4 star hotel, and Sauna and Gym (small) included on the top floor (Sauna fans be aware: It doesnt get more than 55 degrees, yes, Spanish are wimps!!!;)

Anyway, the double room costs normally around 100€ a night, but with a special rate on the Web we made it for around 65 - so have a look for those offers, one day in advance. The staff speaks really good english - all of them!!! which is not common in Spain.

Everyone is super friendly and helpful, here especially Marta who even managed to get us a parking spot even tough the parking was busy. They are very interested in advising you about things to see in Alicante etc. The only thing you need to check is the price for the parking (they sometimes dont tell you) - its around 15€ plus tax a night, so keep that in mind when you have a rented car and want to stay a couple of days."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of May 2008

What a relief!

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Abba Centrum was one of the hotels that my partner and I stayed during our tour in Spain. The accomodation was arranged by our tour agency. It was a much needed incentive especially that the previous hotels that we´ve stayed in Madrid, Seville and Grandnada have questionable standards.

The first impression of Abba Centrum was the hotel was modern, well maintained and clean. The room that we´ve got was big and has a couch in it. Although it´s a 3-star hotel, it has all the modern facities. The gym is small but is well equiped with the basic equipments.

The breakfast is included in our stay. It was acceptable though it could be better. Overall the breakfast selection is simple.

The location can be quite confusing. But do get a map from the reception. The staff would be most willing to assist you.

On the whole, it´s a good economical hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of November 2007

Centrally Located

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"The Abba Centrum was one of the few hotels available for the climax of the bonfires of St. John. It was more expensive than the other hotels I'd stayed at (Goya before and Melia Alicante after), but much nicer than the former.

The room itself was much smaller than the Melia Alicante, but flashier. There was a moderately sized flat-screen TV on the wall upon which I watched a futbol game while eating the TelePizza ordered from the in-room menu. The bathroom was about as large as the sleeping portion of the room, which says more for the size of the former than the latter. There was open WiFi, but my room was just on the outer cusp of reception. If it's important, you might be able to request a room with a better signal. The room had a window, but there's nothing to see but other walls.

The hotel is centrally located in downtown, about a block from the bus depot . The beach is walkable if it's not your primary reason for being in Alicante."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Bella Abba

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I usually like Hotel Hesperia Centrum, but this time i decided
to check out this hotel as it was cheaper.
I LOVED IT, possibly a bit more than Hesperia.
It is modern, so clean, big room with bathrooms, and the
advantage is that there is an undergound parking for 11euro
a night, which is rather cheap.
The staff is so helpful and very nice.
The location is right in the center of the city, close to the bus station,
which is not always the best but it is safe.
Would i go back, absolutely YES, without a doubt!"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"Excellent value, with modern high quality rooms. Liked the bathroom particularly. Friendly staff. Bit hard to find as it's up a back street. Do not rely on the hotel's written directions - print out a map!
Underground carpark with watchman just around the corner.

Breakfast at 11 Euros is a bit pricy. Just turn right and stroll along to the corner of the block where a friendly lady runs a cafe-bar."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

Nice hotel still under renovation, good access, improving neighborhood

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I usually stay at the Spa Porta Maris, but a meeting there filled all the rooms, so we went to the ABBA.

The hotel is still undergoing renovations, so there is construction noise during working hours. The only food at this time is the breakfast serving.

I had an interior room with windows to an airspace. The room was as shown on the Internet photos. A sofa and small table in one alcove, a bar with no seating, twin beds, a flat screen tv, a long desk with chair, and a built in wardrobe with safe. The a/c worked fine, but it blew straight at the chair/desk and one of the beds, so I switched beds after the first night and moved the chair as much as possible while working at the desk.

Cabled internet access is included in the room rate, so that is a plus.

Bathroom was crowded with maybe 18 inches between fronts of toilet and bidet to step into tub/shower with plexiglass wall. Not a problem showering without flooding the room. Lighting in bath around mirrors usual lacking in hotel. Powerful hairdryer as promised on website.

I tried my roomkey on gym, but didn't work. One day did see people inside, so maybe it is now open.

Breakfast was buffet of fruit, bread, meats, yoghurt, juice, and hot drinks. It is not a good deal if you just want a quick bite, but good if you want to make a meal of it.

A mercado is located across the street for all your inroom grocery needs as well as a small cafe.

The street and neighborhood are not so good or inviting. My colleagues in Alicante tell me alot of money is being invested in improving this area south of the avenue with this hotel renovation part of the plan.

Easy walking access to train station and bus station."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Loved the Breakfasts!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I would definitely stay at this hotel again. If you want a central location, it's perfectly situated near to the bus and train stations. Everything is within easy walking distance.

The central bus station is 1 minute away and bus C6 (fare EUR 1) takes you to and from Alicante airport.

The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff are extremely helpful. And best of all the breakfasts are well worth the EUR 9.50. There's a wide variety of food and you can eat all you want. So, if you like a hearty start to the day you won't be disappointed."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of March 2005

Hotels near Abba Centrum Hotel

Stayed at Abba Centrum Hotel? Share your insight.

Abba Centrum Hotel is also called