View to the Bled Rose Hotel from outside.

The hotel was fine

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"The hotel is a short walk to the city centre, and is located maybe a block from the lake. There is an excellent pub across the street where I had a great dinner for a great price. I stayed for two nights as part of an organized escorted tour, and I thought the hotel was fine. I have two minor complaints about the hotel and one is there is only one elevator and it is small, and the other is that the shower is very smaii--no bathtub-- but that is the only complaint I have. The breakfast was very good. The room was very clean, and the people in the restaurant and front desk were very nice and helpful."

• Travel date: 30th March 2006

love bled

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Just back from a week to Bled, our second trip. This was not the original booked hotel, It was changed because of refurbishment. Food was reasonable bit samey after a week but well cooked and plenty of it. While we were there, meals were buffet style at breakfast and dinner. Rooms were really warm, shower nice and powerful and spa facilities at the hotel excellent. Cleanliness was eccellent and we had clean towels every day. Certainly pleased we were changed."

• Travel date: 10th February 2006

Mountain retreat

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"My wife & I stayed in Bled at the end of August in the Jelovica Hotel. It's a 3 star but was in an excellent location with very professional staff and spotless rooms. We wanted to go to Garda in Italy but couldn't get it at the last minute for the right price so Slovenia was presented as an alternative. Beautiful country, unspoiled by rampant tourism, friendly upbeat people and the food was simply sensational at half the prices we paid in Italy 6 months before. Hoping to go back this summer for a coastal break this time."

• Travel date: 30th November 2005

Good hotel in Bled

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"I stayed here for one night in June after checking out of a too-small, too-noisy guesthouse across town. The Hotel Jelovica (yell-oh-VEET-sa) is a very professional, well-run hotel, with a multilingual staff, a good buffet breakfast, and awesome views if you get a room facing the lake (which costs a little more). Very convenient to the bus station, if that's the mode you're traveling by. On the down side, from my fourth-floor room I found it hard to sleep before 11 P.M. because of the restaurant on the ground floor, and hard to sleep past 6 A.M. because of the bells of St. Martin's next door."

• Travel date: 9th July 2005

Our first trip to Slovenia, and our firs...

Reviewed 1st February 2004

"Our first trip to Slovenia, and our first skiing holiday! A lovely country - similar to Wales in some respects - and the skiing was excellent for us (as beginners). The hotel itself is quite old fashioned in terms of decor - I don’t think the rooms had been decorated for many years, but we just wanted somewhere to sleep and wash, so we weren’t too upset about this. The staff are friendly and happy to help and there’s a pool and spa area which are nice. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about, but it kept us going for the week we were there. The hotel is close to the lake and shops, and the nearby church, which rings its bell every 15 minutes ! The only reason that we won’t be going back is less to do with the hotel, but more to do with the fact that the skiing at Bled (Straza) is VERY limited, and you have to take a 45minute bus ride to Vogel if you want to ski "properly" (on a mountain). "

• Travel date: 1st February 2004