About Vincci Baixa
- high speed internet in room
- free internet
- wheelchair access
- free wireless internet in room
- air conditioning
- room service
- dry cleaning
- non smoking rooms
- non smoking hotel
- laundry service
- concierge desk
- flatscreen tv
- hair dryer
- multilingual staff
- breakfast buffet
- baggage storage
- car hire
- express check in check out
- coffee shop amenities
- english amenities
- fax photocopying
- french amenities
- 24 hour front desk
- ironing service
- shared lounge tv area
- italian amenities
- soundproof rooms
- paid public parking nearby
- spanish amenities
- complimentary toiletries
- portuguese amenities
- coffee tea maker
11 Traveller reviews from Holiday Watchdog
Ideally located, room for improvement
"We have just returned from our first trip to Lisbon where we stayed at this hotel.
Let's start with the positives:
- Ideal location: it is in the middle of the city centre within a kilometre of all major sights and only a few 100 yards from the main square and the waterfront.
- Taxi from airport only 15 euro max each way (based on two people sharing)
- Hotel is immaculate and nicely decorated, very modern and is fairly small in size
- Staff were very friendly and helpful
In our opinion the slight downsides were:
- Rooms were cleaned very late in the day (up to 5pm)
- No real hotel bar to speak of
- TV is hung too high meaning it can only be watched sat bolt upright (having said that you probably wouldn't go there to watch tv and they do at least have 4 English/American channels incl Sky News)
- There are mirrors everywhere in the room to give it a sense of space including every wall in the bathroom
- Due to the size of the rooms the wardrobe only has space to hang two garments up. The remainder is shelving only.
- You need a creditcard to use the safe (although no charge is made)
I appreciate the above points are minor, but I wanted to give an full review. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Vincci Baixa but feel there is room for them to improve. We would gladly recommend this hotel based on location alone.
- Travel date: Tue 3rd of May 2011
Walking around Lisbon from Vincci Baixa was easy. Most sites are a 5-15 min walk away, with the main shopping streets and square only a stone throw away! We never once needed to go on the metro, the only time we got anywhere close was to walk through the metro station to get an escalator up one of the many hills!
The hotel itself is new, modern, tastefully furnished, comfortable and very clean.
The staff are wonderful, very accommodating. They were all friendly and at least tried to help us. (I say 'try' as one receptionist tried to give us directions, but her description of the area was ''imagine I'm the square...what a beautiful square I am..now on this right corner...'' they weren't exactly very clear)
We called before we arrived and it was easy to get a early check in. The night before we left, we also arranged to have a late check out.
The rooms were small, as expected for a European city hotel but sufficient for our needs.
The beds were comfortable. We didn't manage to get a double bed but the staff offered to push 2 singles together and cover with a large sheet to make it look like a double. (You still fall down the crack)
Good size, nice shower. Clean and good selection of toiletries. You can also ask for toothbrush and sachet of toothpaste (we forgot toothpaste)
We stayed an unusually long time in the hotel this trip due to cold/flu and therefore can probably find more faults.
Things they can improve:
- The walls are quite thin. Some mornings we could hear the cleaning staff very clearly which disrupted our sleep. We could also hear the tv of the person next door.
- The air conditioning/temperature control unit was fiddly to use and very loud. We had to turn it off to sleep. This may be a problem in the summer.
- Their room service is not always available and their kitchen times differ to those described in the menu/information book.
- The food in room service was terrible. The spaghetti Bolognase was salty, had little sauce and mince meat looked suspicious. The club sandwich looked better but still wasn't very good.
- Their tv had only a few English Channels. There was the usual CNN/BBC world and they also had German MTV which had a few shows in English. We flicked through all the foreign channels at night and managed to find one or two English movies but we did find this to be a limitation and would have liked more choice.
Overall it was a comfortable stay, apart from the few minor gripes mentioned above. I give this hotel a 4/5, my bf gives it a 3/5 due to the noise/tv choice.
Though we both agree on one thing. THE LOCATION IS PERFECT!"
- Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2009
Love the design!
"It's a fantastic design hotel, which revamped an old building in the lively center downtown district - the very elegant and VERY gay Baixa-Chiado. Service is top notch such as the hotel staff. At the time of my staying the hotel was fully booked with honeymooners, top businessmen and gay couples."
- Travel date: Mon 19th of January 2009
"My wife and I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights during the second half of December. It is a very modern boutique hotel, built only a few months ago. Our room and bathroom were very clean with modern fixtures. The girls in the reception are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located only about 50 meters away from Praca do Comercio, a major station for busses, tram and metro. There are a lot of good restaurants and cafÃ©s in close proximity."
- Travel date: Wed 7th of January 2009
To recommend absolutely!
"Beautiful hotel, very modern. Rooms are very nice with lots of mirrors. People at the reception were very helpful and the buffet breakfast is just fantastic. Location is perfect as well. I will therefore recommend it to anyone staying in Lisbon for leisure or romantic gateway!"
- Travel date: Thu 18th of December 2008
"Spent a night here at the end of a cruise which disembarked in Lisbon. It was a bit of a challenge getting to the hotel because none of the taxi drivers knew where it was, as it had just opened a few months ago. Once we arrived (about 9:30 AM), the clerk at the front desk was very welcoming and she had our room ready for us within 10 minutes - much earlier than check in time.
The room was well-appointed and decent sized for a European city hotel. The decor was very modern with a nice bathroom and a big shower. The whole room (especially the bathroom) makes creative use of glass and mirrors to make it seem very open and spacious.
The location is excellent - a block or 2 from Placa do Comercio, which is a major public transportation hub. It's in the heart of the Baixa, with several pedestrian only streets nearby, and close proximity to good shopping and restaurants.
The value for the money was excellent as well - the room plus tax was less than 100 euros for the night. I'd stay here again in a second."
- Travel date: Sun 30th of November 2008
very good modern hotel
"Had a realy good weeks stay at the vincci baixa excellent location
staff are very good alwys willimg to answer any questions you had
rooms are very clean with modern fixtures.
only things stopping me giving a maximum rating were
no coffee making facilities in room and slight noise from other rooms
i would stay here agian if i ever go back to lisbon."
- Travel date: Wed 26th of November 2008
Excellent hotel and location
"New hotel as far as I read and definetly can tell as everything looks nice and new. Very friendly and helpful staff. I give it a 10 for location. The hotel is 2 blocks from the stop of the famous tram 28, 2 blocks from Praca do Comercio from where various buses stop. You can take the Airport shutte and it drops you right at the Praca do Comercio. There is also a metro close by, if you enjoy walking this hotel is so convenient to Rossio Square, to the Santa Justa elevator...to summarize excellent location.
The hotel is very modernly decorated. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but did enjoy a snack in their nice lounge. The rooms are kind of on the small side but comfy enough for 2. If you need a lot of closet space to store your stuff then you are kind of limited in that respect, although big enough for what we brought for 1 week. Rooms are very clean, bathroom nice size.
Overall I liked the hotel and definetly recommend it."
- Travel date: Mon 20th of October 2008
grat hotel , great location
"Just built 2 months ago.Boutique hotel.Great location,quiet but close to every thing you need.decor is good,comfort is number one in their beds and furniture arrangements.Breakfast was good. Staff helpfull. We walked every where we wanted to go.It is in the middle of downtown and close to tourist buses and trains to everywhere.I recommend it very much."
- Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008
PERFECT in everything!!
"Just amazing!! This last night was awesome, the hotel is superb, its beautiful very nice design style all in white and black!
The room is good, could be a bit bigger, but the decoration its very pleasant!
The bathroom its pretty good, the shower is fantastic!
The receptionist is very nice!
Great night, great hotel, great BREAKFAST on room! its a little expensive but it worth it, 14euros!
- Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2008
A very central and higly stylish gem.
"We found Vincci Baixa as one of the hotel options on lastminute.com, I was about to dismiss it, as it wasnt on tripadvisor, but after further investigation, discovered it was new hotel by the very stylish Vincci Chain. The reason why we really were so interested was that it was so very central. And there were no othrr in this price range that were as good.
The location is superb! It is seconds from the hustle and bustle of the very central pedestrainised area of Baixa. We could catch a tram/bus/metro very easily, the tourist info centre was round the corner as was the post office and plenty of great shops and cafes.
The decor of the hotel was gorgeous, it was the type of thing that really excites me, to stay somewhere, where alot of thought and effort has been put in to creating a stylish and refreshingly modern interior. Really great use of space, mirrors and superb lighting, for what was basically a fairly small room.
We didn't experience the breakfast buffet, as the cafes around us were so tempting, we went to a different one every day ( we stayed for six days)... which really says something about the location!
The staff were very freindly and helpful, in person, and prior to the trip via email, I had a lot of questions as it was a new hotel.
All in all, a fantastic hotel especially because of it's location and style."
- Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008