Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon

Av Marechal Craveiro Lopes 390, Lisbon 1749-009 Portugal

Good

Convenient hotel for airport

"I stayed here one night after arriving on an evening flight. It is convenient for the airport. Otherwise it is a fairly standard large hotel. The room was quite comfortable, and breakfast was fine. It is quite a way from the city centre, so would not be good if you wanted to go sightseeing."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of May 2007

LOvely!!

"Another long weekend deal from Malaga! We booked again thru bancotel thru a travel agent..Super deal vouchers..50 euros a double!!

We found the rooms here to be HUGE!!I could not believe the size! Bathroom facilities also lovely!The location was not exactly near center but we were with car so did not mind.ITs bnear the airport.

We did not use the restaurant facilites etc as we ate out so cannot comment on them.

Lovely inexpensive long weekend deal!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of April 2007

Avoid If You Can

"Stayed here for one night in Dec 06 for work. Rooms are old and needs a new look. I was shocked when I opened the tv that adult movies were -- just there! Note that I did not press the pay per view button on the remote. I know that in hotels, normal-new-release movies and adult movies are pay per view but in this instance the adult movies were available as soon as the tv was switched on. I try switching the tv off and on again but was unsuccessful. It could have been dangerous if kids were around!

When I checked out the next day, I was told that I consumed four items from the mini bar, which I did not do. The concierge checked the room and confirmed that all items were in the mini bar and I did not take anything. I saw one of my colleagues at the airport and I told him of my mini bar experience and the same thing happend to him.

Other than my strange experience with this hotel, the concierge were helpful and the breakfast was ok. The hotel is also very close to the airport but a bit far from the city center."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of January 2007

Avoid

"This hotel is very disappointing, and if you have any alternative - please use it.

The decor and immediate environment is very tired and has clearly not been refurbished for many years.

The room didn't even function well as a business room - there were not enough power sockets, for example, and no iron or ironing board. The bed was uncomfortable and the room appeared as though it was from the 1970s.

Staff were in the main very rude in every area from reception to telephonist.

The breakfast was tired - no real coffee, no fresh juices, very limited hot food choice."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of December 2006

Small room, but all in all a nice hotel

"We stayed in this hotel for four nights. Small room, but very nice place. Great breakfast, helpful staff (although some of them were clearly unhappy to see us in shorts and T-shirts among all those business people on suits), clean rooms. It is far from the center - some 7 minutes walk to the subway station and, from there, some 15 minutes by train. But if, like us, your intention is to leave in the morning and come back in the evening, this shouldn't be a problem. However, if you prefer to stay out until late at night, you might want to choose a better located hotel, because night buses are rare."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of October 2006

Bad system and old room.

"We checked in the 1st of august 2006 about 3 o'clock. The hotel 3 mins walk to metro and bus station and 5 mins by taxi to airport. You can take taxi with 6-7 euro.

We wanted a smoking room but the room smelled like there hadn't been opened a window more than 1 year but it's big and clean.

As an ordinary married couple we wanted some private time but 4:15 am (1,15 hour after checking in) there came a cleaning woman knocking at the door and without waitning for a possible answer opening it in the same time. It was extremely unpleasant.

In the reception we asked about the reason why that cleaning woman had to go to our room when we checked in only a while earlier and the room was cleaned. The reception apoligized and promised to investigate it. But the next morning when checking out the receptionist didn't say anything. When asked by us she went to the back office and came back only saying, "she made a mistake and went to the wrong room."

The breakfast was a lot of choices but was not tasty, very boring.

I think SAS Radisson in Lisbon is very unprofessional for a 4 star hotel and I will for sure spend money for another hotel next time."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of August 2006

Great hotel but rooms can be noisy

Good

"We stayed one night at the Radisson SAS after our flight from Canada. We got a good rate for two rooms including breakfast on the hotel website. Our two rooms were large, modern and well-furnished. However, rooms overlooking Avenida Marechal Craveiro Lopes can be very noisy.

The food at Bordalo Pinheiro Restaurant was good and Jorge, the waiter, explained us how to pronounce words in portuguese. All the staff spoke english.

The hotel is located near the airport but the metro can bring you everywhere in the city.

All in all the Radissons SAS is a great **** and we recommend it."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of July 2006

"We had to cancel our stay as my wife´s sister died in a car crash a few days before our holiday.
We were given a full refund. Unexpected and much appreciated.
We booked our flights with IBERIA - the Spanish National Airline.
IBERIA stated they DO NOT CONSIDER A SISTER AS A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER therefore NO REFUND WAS OFFERED.
Full marks plus to the Radisson SAS.
Iberia, please take note of how a proffessional company who cares for its clients acts."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of April 2006

Airport Location

"Good if you want to be by the airport, otherwise need an expensive taxi ride to town. The room was nice enough, but we felt overpriced. Wouldn't add Lisbon to our travel plans next time."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2004

Great Hotel....

"A great hotel, courteous staff. We made a reservation for a non smoking room, but only got a smoking room with a seperate sitting area which was great.Lisbon is a run down city, so we were pleasnatly suprised at the high level of maintenance in this hotel.We used certificates awarded after a terrible experience at another Radisson (New Orleans), so weren't expecting much. Also we had another less than pleasant stay in yet another Radisson in Arizona.I throughly recommend it!! 5 minutes from the Metro which was inexpensive and efficient....What more are you looking for?"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2003

Hotels near Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon

Stayed at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon? Share your insight.

Radisson Blu Hotel, Lisbon is also called