Guest room

• babysitting
  • portuguese amenities
  • allergy free room
  • butler service

Good
2039 reviews

wow

Reviewed 25th November 2012

""wow." Simply the best. Stayed four nights. Service is exceptional. Everyone - doormen, concierge, front desk, spa and fitness personnel - are well trained, friendly and helpfull. Our room was perfect: large, great view, beautiful, and wonderfully maintained. The spa and fitness facilities are gorgeous (zen like) and extremely functional. They even had a pilates studio. Food was good and the service was exemplary. Couldn't have been better. My first review, but I had to write to express my appreciation for a great hotel.michael"

• Travel date: 24th November 2005

Better than Lapa, but can be better

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"The Ritz hotel is a classic top of the category hotel, however I was slightly disappointed by the whole experience. The hotel is anyway better than the fiercest competitor in Lisbon, the Lapa hotel (especially better for the business traveler). I cant explain why I am giving it 4 stars hotel - I guess the main reasons are 2: first, the hotel did not make me say "wow!" but just "what a great hotel" - for a 5 star Ritz expensive hotel I wanna say "wow" and not just "great". 2) the breakfast was disappointing - can I have more selection of fruit and nuts please? Can you make it more human too? The Spa is very good and the gym on the top roof is extremely pleasant, but I'd rather have the restaurant/breakfast in the roof and not the gym"

• Travel date: 4th October 2005

THE place to stay in Lisbon

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"This review is coming from a very fussy, self-proclaimed hotel critic. This is a lovely hotel with european antiques throughout to make you feel like you're in Europe. I hate it when you go to Europe and the hotel looks like you're in the US. Staff spoke english very well and were very attentive and friendly. We were fortunate to get upgraded to a Foundation Suite which was outstandingly decorated with antiques and huge. Bed and linens were very comfortable. Rooms and bathroom were very clean--no sign of a previous guest. Had brunch/lunch at the Veranda and was the best I've ever had in the world. The freshest of everything--seafoods, meats, vegetables and the deserts looked so good, you didn't want to eat them. But I did, of course, and they were quite memorable. This is THE place to stay in Lisbon even though it's not right smack in the center of the city. It's only a 15 minute, lovely walk down the tree-lined, mosaic sidewalks of Liberdad Avenue to the old city center. We walked everywhere with ease. I'd stay there again when returning to Lisbon."

• Travel date: 17th September 2005

Great Hotel!

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"My wife and I spent five nights in Lisbon and had a fantastic experience staying at the Four Seasons Ritz. Although the exterior of the hotel is somewhat plain, once you walk in the front door there is no doubt that you are in a Four Seasons hotel. The service was excellent and Senor Rocha, the concierge, made superb dinner reservations for us every night! The spa was wonderful and the gym located on the top floor provides beautiful 360 degree views of Lisbon. It was our first trip to Portugal and the hotel arranged several private tours for us with a fantastic young driver named Pedro Mendes. Pedro is an incredibly knowledgeable guide who truly made our trip a great one! In addition to a tour of Lisbon, we also visited Cascais, Sintra, Estoril, Obidos, and Fatima. I very highly recommend using his professional services. As others have noted, the hotel is located a short distance from the main tourist areas. But since no cab ride in Lisbon seems to be more than 5 euros, it is nice to return every evening to the quiet luxury of the Four Seasons Ritz."

• Travel date: 30th August 2005

Lovely hotel

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"Recently spent a weekend here (along with the entire Chelsea football team as well!). Hotel car collected us from the airport, greeted at the hotel front door by the floor manager who took us to our room to check-in. Deluxe room was very spacious and comfortable, with a balcony overlooking some of the park, castle and sea (nice l'Occitane products in bathroom!). Service throughout our stay was professional, attentive and warm. We organised a hotel car to take us on a full day drive/tour around the main attractions outside Lisbon - Sintra, Guincho, Cascais and Estoril. This was excellent and really worth it, we had a fantastic young driver called Piedro who was very knowledgeable (and not just about things Portugese), enthusiastic and personable (I would really recommend any Tripadvisor readers considering this day tour option to request his services). He took us to some fantastic local eateries along the way, far off the tourist route to enjoy local seafood and pastry specialities. When we arrived back at our room we were delighted to find some drinks and a plate of more pastries waiting for us! The spa / pool / gym are awesome, especially the gym with its panoramic views of the city and the treadmills positioned so that you look out towards the castle / sea. Breakfast at Varanda is a good full spread, again with very warm and attentive service. Some people comment that the hotel is not very central. However, it is only a 15-20 mins walk into town along a wide leafy boulevard and the metro station is just 2 mins from the hotel. So we didn't find this a problem at all."

• Travel date: 27th July 2005

Luxury Hotel, too far away from the center

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"Gay couple who spent a night here in June, 2005. We had a long travel journey, and wanted a little luxury to start off the trip. The hotel is quiet, large, and nice, but there was something a little generic about it. There were not many guests in the hotel, surprisingly, so maybe that affected our view. The room was large, and had a terrrace with a city view. Terraces are a bit 'worn', but they did the trick. All the amenities you'd expect from a luxury hotel were there, but something was missing that is hard to put a finger on. We ate in the restaurant at the hotel for dinner/breakfast, and enjoyed ourselves, but felt a bit consipicous in rather glamorous huge dining room with only 3 other tables with diners. The hotel is located in a rather charmless area of the city. More modern buildings with a generic architecture abound, and its quite a walk into the 'heart' in the barrio alto or alfama districts. We love to walk, so didn't mind. Besides the museum, there is little else close by of interest to tourists. All in all, we were underwhelmed with this hotel."

• Travel date: 13th July 2005

Home away from home

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"It was heart touching eveyrtime the doorman greeted us by names when returning the hotel regardless who was on duty. The attention to our dughter, age 4, was tremendously nice, especially when we could still find a big smile on her face after a 29-hour trip. If there is something that we want to see changed, it would be the sitting seperation for smoker and non-smokers. We didn't like it too much sitting beside smokers while enjoying our fresh orange juice and pastries at the breakfast."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2005

A Real Classic

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Although my 'Deluxe' room was, in my opinion, Average in it's decoration and details - it was spacious and comfortable. Every other detail of the hotel is beyond your expectations. The public rooms are really chic - in an almost old hollywood way. The restaurant and bar serve superb food and drink and the service is almost too good (there were more waiters than guests for lunch). The real star of the place is the Spa: perfect, tranquil + professional. I also enjoyed the rooftop gym with it's panoramic views of Lisbon and attentive personal trainer."

• Travel date: 20th June 2005

A truly wonderful hotel

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"I never, ever post reviews on the net, but I feel compelled to thank the wonderful staff at the Ritz Four Seasons Hotel in Lisbon. We had perhaps the best service I have ever had at a hotel - uniformly wonderful at all moments and utterly professional while remaining warm and friendly. I could have sworn that every staff member knew our names. The staff were especially warm and welcoming to our 7 year old son - leaving him snacks like cookies and milk 2 days and a basket of fresh popcorn another day. They tracked down a scarf left at a restaurant for me one day, found me a very nice doctor another day, recommended excellent restaurants and arranged our reservations. The restaurant at the hotel was excellent, surpassed only by the restaurant staff - who at all times did everything they could to be helpful. For example, when we showed up, with our 7 year old in tow, at the very elegant buffet lunch, where literally everyone else present were clearly business men and women out for an elegant lunch, the host even offered to cut my son's meat so that I could go and choose my own lunch! My son now dreams of returning to Lisbon for our next vacation! I should also add that the pool and spa are lovely, the rooms were fabulous and quite clean, the beds, pillows, etc., just perfect. And finally, I should mention that we usually shy away from large, business-style hotels in favor of smaller, more individual hotels in the belief that the service will be better. This was a remarkable surprise and a terrific experience."

• Travel date: 6th March 2005

A retro marble masterpiece

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I have stayed at the Lisbon Ritz three times. From an aethetic point of view, it is 1940-50's GRAND of a type that is not built anymore. The highest quality furnishings, miles of marble walls and floors, soaring reception areas, sweeping open public places, one-off chandeliers, wall sconces, and heroic-sized tapestries, all combine to form a breathtaking impression as you arrive. When the elevator opens to each floor you are simply not prepared for the vision in front of you. An enormous space with oversized seating, and the extra wide signature marble halls. The rooms are also sumptuously large with a huge expanse of window overlooking the park, city and water. I had a corner suite with balconies running the length of each room and a side. The sitting room was beautifully decorated in chic grays and laquered black furnishings, including a treaty-sized desk. The bathroom was all black marble large enough for a family. They don't build hotel like this anymore. The dining room is formal and perfect in every way. The breakfast buffet is not to be believed. 30 or more selctions. I didn't have to eat until dinner. Naturally it is expensive, but the value for the money is very high. The small touches are amazing. If you go jogging, the doorman furnishes you with a cold towel, a bottle of water and a mini-map. A bottle of port and some creme pastries are served in your room in the late afternoon. The staff knows your name and are very courteous. This is an exceptional hotel."

• Travel date: 31st January 2005