Patio Suite

Good

no better way to see lisbon

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"Luis is incredible! We were on the last leg of our honeymoon in Portugal and had booked two nights at Zuzabed... we wish we could have stayed longer. Luis, the owner, met us and it felt like we were meeting an old friend after a long time. Such gracious hospitality and with stories to match - this was the best way to get a taste of Lisbon. Within a half hour of talking to Luis we felt we belonged and had a connection with a city we had just entered. Zuzabed is very well located - right smack in the heart of the city. Don't take too much luggage though as it is on a pedestrian street with lots of steps - not to mention the B&B is on the second and third floors. Luis was great in recommending places to eat (Cafe Buenos Aires round the corner for the BEST steak you will ever have) and a Mozambique restaurant (Aziz - hard to find!) for a wonderful lunch. We left Lisbon feeling we had made a friend there - the greatest host you could hope for... far better than any hotel I'm sure!"

• Travel date: 10th August 2007

Amazing Zuzabed - Highly Recommended!

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Zuzabed is everything you need for a city centre B & B. The rooms are small but spotless, stylish and well positioned. Breakfast was great but best of all was Luis the owner. He is friendly, kind and helpful - he gave one of our fellow guest a lift all the wasy to Sintra one day because he was heading that way. I cannot recommend Zuzabed high enough!!!"

• Travel date: 2nd July 2007

Shabby Chic Boutique

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Just back from 6 nights at Zuzabed. It's like staying with a good friend, who has bags of style. The old building with it's sloping floors, steep staircase and slanted ceilings gave it the shabby feel. Luis finishing touches gave it the chic feel. We loved the freshly squeezed orange and beautiful breakfast crockery / glasses, the stash of CDs and DVDs, eclectic art on the walls, fresh flowers in the room, welcome port and maderia, free internet access. Thanks Luis, we'll be back to stay again some time soon."

• Travel date: 1st July 2007

Very homely

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"Great breakfast, great service, great location. Free "minimini bar" in the room. Steep stairs. Not very quiet , you can hear noise from the other rooms. Hard beds (if you are used to regular or soft mattresses)."

• Travel date: 15th June 2007

It simply does not get any better

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"I too must add our comments on just how fantastic Zuzabed and its host Luis are. Luis is a font of information, giving excellent insights on what to see and do in Lisbon. His manner and demeanour say much more than innkeeper. It feels like you have instantly made a new friend. The B&B itself is beautiful, clean, perfectly located, and the terrace views are fantastic. Wonderful breakfast, lovely good night ports, what more could you ask for? We loved our stay in Lisbon, and think that, while we might have enjoyed the city had we stayed someplace else, we were truly able to LIVE the city thanks to Luis. We will return, and will tell everyone we know that the only choice in Lisbon is Zuzabed. Of course, now this means we'll have to book months in advance to get in :-)"

• Travel date: 6th June 2007

Real kindness and service to the guests

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"I was not expecting such sincero warm welcome from a person I don't know in a strange country, and I had immediately the feeling I knew this person since ever. Luis was incredibile! Now I have this feeling that I have a house in Lisbon. Yes, I really felt at home. Or, honestly, better then at home. I would never had such great and delicious breakfasts at my place. The house is beautiful, gorgeous, cosy, comfortable, everything in a very good and positive way. I loved my green room. It's small but big enough to make me feel so well and comfortable to relax. Everything is so beautiful and clean, the flowers, fresh and natural flowers everywhere!! Tuto belisimo. I'm really happy I found this place. I feel blessed, and sorry but I don't want to share with many people because he only have 4 rooms and I want to have availability for the next time I decide to visit Lisbon again. E vero, I will. :) Congratulations Luis and MANY THANKS for the wonderful 4 stars B&B you created. You deserve the best once you give your best to your guests. MANY THANKS for being gentile Ciao from Giulia (Italia)"

• Travel date: 3rd June 2007

Hospitality abounded at Zuzabed

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"We were four semi-senior citizens from the USA and stayed 3 nights. We booked online and I was a little nervous when Luis requested wire transfer of 50% in order to make the reservation. But not to worry, everything was as previous reviewers had stated. We had the two terrace rooms which had beautiful view of the city. Everything was spotless, but the highlight was Luis' service. We arrived late because of a missed flight and Luis was waiting, showing concern. He grabbed our bags and litterally ran up the 3 flights of stairs with them. When we asked if he would help us make train reservations to Porto, he said he would go to the station to buy the tickets. When we offered money, he said, no, we'll settle when you check out. The breakfasts were outstanding as were the armloads of fresh flowers brought in from the market each morning. He also gave us good restaurant recommendations. Beware however, there are lots of steps and the door is unmarked, hidden behind a sidewalk cafe. Be sure and look for #29."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2007

Zuzabed and Luis are invaluable

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I must concur with others here. For a property that has only been open a year, Luis has to be satisfied at his success. And the success is well-earned. We booked about six weeks in advance, but I'd advise you to book sooner if possible, as we had to change rooms the last night due to an earler booking which had priority. Luis transferred our baggage while we were out, no trouble. The rooms are smallish but quite comfortable, with a unique style and are immaculately kept. Nothing has been spared in the area of forethought for the guest's comfort and convenience, including blackout shades for those late mornings. The real asset is the charming Luis himself, who is a delightful host and happily steers you in the right direction for any aspect of your stay in Lisboa. As for breakfast, it's "continental" with lots of tasty extras--and don't hesitate to ask if you want eggs, cooked to order. (Though some other very pleasant guests from Manchester had a bit of a time trying to explain how to poach an egg, it was handled with Luis's typical humor and graciousness.) We'd stay there again in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: 8th May 2007

Loved Zuzabed!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"My husband, my two teenage daughters and I spend four wonderful nights at Zuzabed. From the moment I booked our rooms back in October, (for an April stay), Luis, the owner, began serving as my personal concierge and new Portuguese best friend! He was wonderful, so helpful without being intrusive. My husband, who is an exercise fanatic, needed a health club and Luis did research and emailed me the information on two different health club choices and the necessary steps my husband would need to take to use them. From that point on, I emailed him with a barrage of questions and he was always prompt and so courteous in answering me. While there, he made phone calls for us to rental car businesses, to vineyards and to restaurants to make sure our stay was perfect. The location of Zuzabed could not be better, being within walking distance of the most historic and aesthetic parts of Lisbon. Our rooms were charming and we loved the little touches of different local ports and Madeiras in our rooms each day. My children enjoyed having a DVD player in their room with a huge selection of movies to choose from. We were especially fond of Luis and Fatima's breakfasts which my healthy husband found to be very well-balanced and we found Luis's eggs to be even better than those prepared at the upscale Lisbon Four Seasons Hotel! Staying at Zuzabed made our Lisbon stay very memorable and personal and we look forward to the opportunity to return!"

• Travel date: 12th April 2007

if you go to lisbon stay at zuza

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Just got back from lisbon, staying at zuzabed. Luis is a fantastic host, nothing is too much trouble for him. He will do anything to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms are comfortable, light, airy and tastefully decorated. We had one of the two rooms that share the terrace, that has a fabulous view of the city. The breakfast is as fantastic as other reviewers have said. I could go on a lot longer ,but suffice to say if you go to lisbon stay with LUIS at ZUZA"

• Travel date: 3rd April 2007

Hotels near B&B Zuzabed

B&B Zuzabed is also called

• ZUZABED & Breakfast B&B, Apartments and Villas
  • zuzabed & breakfast b&b, suites and apartments hotel lisbon
  • zuzabed & breakfast b&b, suites and apartments hotel