Rooms View

Good

Extremely disappointing service, especially in the restaurant

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"To summarise my review: I will never return to this hotel ever again. This is my story... Every year we treat ourselves on a nice golf & spa weekend with a group of friends and this year the choice fell on Hotel Quinta da Marinha in Cascais. Question marks whether this hotel truly deserves its 5 stars arose immediately after check-in when we discovered that the room we had been allocated to was occupied by somebody else. Rather than putting us up in a comparable room next to our friends' and apologising for the inconvenience, we were downgraded from a bright upper floor room with a veranda overlooking the pool to a dark, ground floor room in the side wing. The restaurant staff were extraordinarily unhelpful to say the least; not only were our multiple requests for a cappucino neglected (the 8 of us had sort of a competition going whose cappucino would arrive first, but none of them did!), when we asked for food just outside meal times we simply received angry, threatening looks from the staff and once I was even told off for 'ordering too many drinks' when I went to check up on the bar staff 25 minutes after we had ordered our drinks (and trust me, we all deserved a drink after a round of golf!). There are so many gorgeous golf courses in Portugal and if you were to treat yourself on a relaxing weekend, cross Quinta da Marinha off your list - it will just add to your frustrations."

• Travel date: 20th May 2008

Golf, work and relax…

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"You choose what to do: work, play or relax!. The pleasure will be always at high level! Play the amazing 18th hole, by Robert Trent Jones, with wonderful views over the Atlantic Ocean; work with in a fantastic environment surrounded by golf, lakes and silence; relax with a great massage in the Spa or with a walk by the ocean! It’s a hole in one resort, close to cascais, Lisbon and Sintra. Have a great time!"

• Travel date: 31st March 2008

stay away. big theft risk

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"i was part of a group that stayed at the property, some in hotel rooms, we rented one of the villas. sadly, both were broken into, in the same day. much was taken, including the crow-bar job on the wall safe. access was with a key card. management acted their usual ignorant and fake-emotion helpless-act and did nothing to make things any better. once we got past the inside-job anger, we tried to make the best of the rest of our trip and how to get back to the US: new passport, plane ticket etc. so if you like golf, this seems a good place. maybe we just had a bad spell and were the easy target. just the management attitude was a lasting memory. if you stay, watch your back. [email protected] wishes you good luck."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2007

A new five star hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I've just returned from this hotel, were I went with my husband while he attended a congress there. The hotel had been closed for renovations, and we stayed there in the day of the reopening, so everything was brand new and you could smell the fresh paint! The manager was very kind in providing us with two bath robes with a embroidery logo of the hotel because we were the first guests! With all the works and renovations, the hotel now opened as a five star property instead of the previous four star category. It is surrounded by pine trees and the golf field, in an exclusive, quiet, peaceful, residential area with wonderful villas. On our arrival the staff helped us with our luggage and the receptionist was very polite and efficient. There is also vallet parking, free of charge (the employee even took our key car to our room). I didn't knew the hotel previously, but now it has a modern decoration, with lots of dark woods and warm colours. The bar is also lovely and as a pianist every evening. Our room was not very big. The decoration was in tons of silver and white and it had a medium LCD TV and two twin beds joined as king. It had a big balcony, from where you could enjoy the relaxing view to the golf field and the infinity pool. The bathroom was a bit small and cold, but had amenities from l' Occitane, the amazing french provence natural beauty products. The restaurant was very nice, with amazing views for the garden. The buffet breakfast was average five star quality, with a big variety of food, pastry and fresh fruits. The staff was very attentive, always paying attention to your needs. At night we always found the beds prepared for a good night of sleep with an exquisite chilly pepper flavoured dark chocolate for each of us! There was some noise (drillers and so) due to the renovations that weren't completed, for what the manager excused in a polite signed letter. Nevertheless we were annoyed by the noise, mainly because it started early. However, the staff mentioned that the renovations will soon be completed, so this won't be a problem in the future."

• Travel date: 3rd February 2007

Loved the atmosphere

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"Beautiful property with a very nice 18 hole Golf course by Trent Jones Sr. The rooms have a stunning view to 2 beautiful lakes of golf course. I hope to come back because people are so nice..."

• Travel date: 8th July 2006

Average hotel in great location

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"The Quinta da Marinha is nestled beautifully surrounded by a golf course in Cascais. The hotel is a typical big upscale tourist hotel with average sized and equiped rooms, the outside might need some paint and in general the hotel does not look very up to date even though everything is very clean and the staff very polite. In case you have to work in the IT alley in Lisbon, Cascais is closer than staying in the city. For Golfers it looked like a paradise next to the atlantic."

• Travel date: 2nd April 2006

Fantastic for Golf

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"This hotel was just a couple of years old when myself and my mate stayed there for a golfing holiday. I have to say that we were both very impressed with the hotel, its service, the food and all the extras that it had to offer. For golfers this is a magnificent setting with our hotel room and balcony looking onto the 18th green of the course. This resort however, is purely designed for golfers as there is no shops or bars in easy walking distance. The town of Cascais was a good 5-10 minutes in a taxi. It is NOT for families. But if you are a keen golfer you will love this place."

• Travel date: 15th August 2005

Too resorty and far too many children

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"Stayed here in August 2004 - VERY resorty, very touristy. Not really what I was looking for. Lots of children - very child friendly - too much for me - breakfast was like being in a creche. There are several pools, the best of which are away from the main hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very functional - nothing special at all, but the view over the golf course was lovely from our balcony."

• Travel date: 16th August 2004

Fantastic hotel

Reviewed 6th November 2012

"After finding the original hotel we'd booked for our 2 week family holiday to be a total let down, we set off (on foot) in search of an alternative one. After about 2 hours we finally found Quinta de Marinha, booked in, then returned to the other hotel to collect our cases. There was absolutely nothing to find fault in - it was beautiful. During the 2 hour trek I had pulled a muscle in my leg, so during our stay the restaurant manager reserved the table nearest the buffet for us so I didn't have to walk too far ..... ! We have stayed in other hotels around the world which have this type of golf connection, and would say this partnership definitely works - everything in and around the hotel was immaculate. Lovely people too."

• Travel date: 28th June 2004

Beautiful villa, amazing golf

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Stayed in one of the villas for a week in August with four friends. From start to finish the holiday was amazing. The villa (No 18) is beautiful, with a large private garden with sun loungers. In a seven day break, the gardeners came and watered / cleaned the garden three times - all in the early morning before we were awake. This villa is on a Golf resort, and the golf is spectacular. The Estoril Open (European PGA Tour Event) was held here in 2002, and the standard of the course is immediately evident. Beautifully kept fairways and greens, with a great layout. The service is excellent here, with very friendly staff - I left a small bottle of mineral water at the clubhouse and then went off to play my round. After teeing off the first - I noticed a gentleman in a buggy - on of the staff - had followed me from the clubhouse to bring me my bottle of water! Truly worth a visit - for the villa, the course, the resort and the people. Cascais is beautiful too."

• Travel date: 5th September 2003

Hotels near Hotel Quinta da Marinha Resort

Hotel Quinta da Marinha Resort is also called

• Quinta Da Marinha Hotel
  • resort quinta da marinha
  • hotel quinta da marinha