About Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa

• tv other russia
  • butler service

Umbelievably good!

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"Excelent location, very beautiful hotel, 5 stars and of course... expensive. But what a treat! Gigantic rooms, SPA, gym, seaview (or garden view), excelent service... well, all you would expect from a 5 star hotel which opened in March 2007.
I can't describe how confortable the bed was!
If you want quality, this is it."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Wonderful hotel with brilliant staff!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"I have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Grande Villa Italia - i cannot recommend the hotel enough.The location of the hotel was good - just a few minutes to walk to the marina & just next to the hotel was a park - great for children. We booked 2 standard rooms - luckily both had balconies and partial sea view rooms (some of the standard rooms do not have balconies & overlook a road!). Check in was straight forward - room was ready when we arrived at midday. Rooms were nicely decorated & bathrooms were very grand. The hotel was not particuarly busy during our stay so we didn't encounter any problems by the pool - there were loads of spare sunloungers! We had lunch at the poolside bar - the choice wasn't great, a bit too fancy for lunchtime really but service was excellent & they serve a lovely house rose wine - not mateus like the rest of Cascais seem to serve! Breakfast in the hotel was brilliant - they had everything from smoked salmon to bacon & eggs, champagne & fresh juices. We ate out at the marina most evenings although did treat ourselves to dinner at the hotel one evening - the dinner there was really good, as you'd expect the food was quite pricey but the wine list was extensive & very reasonable. We travelled with our 1 yr baby - staff were excellent with her, brought her milk, biscuits & even a tshirt. There is a baby pool at the hotel but other than that there's nothing else to occupy the little people. Recommend this hotel & we can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of September 2007

Luxury but not totally peaceful...

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"We stayed here for 9 nights at the end of August.
The hotel is beautifully decorated with marble floors, gorgeous pictures and statues. Certainly no expense has been spared with the decor and everything was shiny and new as only opened this year. We stayed in a suite on the right hand side of the hotel as you are looking front on. The room and bathroom was faultless, however as our room was overlooking the road we could hear noise from the nearby nightclub called Coconuts and the fall out from this at 6am when everybody was leaving!! After our first night of interrupted sleep we did complain and reception moved us to the back of the hotel which was better. I will warn you about the beer garden music on a Sunday night!!!!
Breakfast was extremely well laid out and you could want for nothing. There was a shortage of sunbeds by the pool - we did manage to get beds for all our 9 days but we had to be out there by 9.30/10am to ensure a space. The lunchtime menu was small and very expensive, so we decided to walk to the marina where for example we had spaghetti bolognese for half the price of the hotel. We had dinner only 1 evening and the food was lovely but again very expensive. (20-30 euros for a starter)Cascais town just 5 minutes walk and you have a choice of many lovely restaurants. Lisbon an easy train ride away. I would recommend this hotel highly for luxury and certainly they attended to our every need. Do not expect too much peace and quiet though."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2007

Very opulent and upmarket hotel.....but

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"This hotel is beautifully furnished , the hotel website pictures are accurate, it is in a beautiful spot to explore either Caiscas which is a lovely walk along the coast or Lisbon (35min train ride) with many nice excursions.

The only problem we encountered was no sunbeds by the pool after 9am!!! The hotel was probably 80% full which means 200 people however only 60 beds in total, which for the expense and exclusivity of the place wasnt really on. The other thing is they place liquors and biscuits in the room which one assumes are complimentary - be warned they charge it as a minibar expense!

however these things did not spoil our time there and is well worth a stay for 4 or 5 days, perhaps not 2 weeks!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Lovely Hotel - Pitty about the pool

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"Lovely comfortable rooms. Great room cleaning staff who never bother you but still manage to know when towels need changing during the day. Lovely guys at reception.

The pool situation was crazy. We stayed 7 days/nights and never once in the 7 days did we get a sunbed at the pool. Every day we had to lie on the grass nearby. We informed the pool manager that a number of beds had not been occupied for 3-4 hours (as we could see from our pool view room) but he told us he could not remove customer towels. We were not alone on the grass but for €300 per night you would expect better.
Also when we asked for 2 pool towels at 5.30pm on our last day to go for a swim we were told that they had run out of towels and that was it and that they would be closing at 6pm anyhow. You do not expect this type of attitude from a 5 star hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

DIdn't want to leave

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"There is absolutely nothing but enthused, glowing 5-star feedback that I want to say about Villa Grande. I spent three excellent days there in the end of July.
Ambiance is overall gracious yet pleasant; rooms beautiful and spacious, staff obviously chosen or trained to attend to your needs with utmost professionalism and friendliness.
Breakfast also is the best than any other hotels in Portugal.
While an easy walk to dinner at Cascais' several restaurants (enjoyed our sunset dinner at 101 Maneiras), the across-the-road access for the bike path along the shoreline was more than a welcome convenience; one day we rented bicycles and rode all the way to cinho to watch the hundreds of windsurfers riding the waves there.
Knowing that I am not likely to return - unless the flying time from Australia will be halved during my lifetime - made my departure from Villa Grande a 'painful' exit, I wish I could have stayed longer.
-Perri Young, Byron Bay, Australia"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

Superb in Every Way

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"My girlfriend and I spent an incredible week at this high quality resort. As an avid and experienced traveler of 5 star hotels, I can safely say they try hard here and really succeed! Everyone we encountered on the staff provided above and beyond service and smiles. The food at Belvedere (their restaurant onsite) was definitely pretty good, and the standard restaurant was really great as well for the breakfast buffet.

When we arrived, tired and disheveled from a long trip from San Francisco they completely attended to us, and early checked us into a beautiful top floor room. The views were beautiful, and perhaps the only complaint about the hotel is the location. I can't even say it's a complaint, as the Marina and town center area are only about a 5-10 minute stroll away. It's quite the easy walk and perfect to walk off dinner. Taxi's are easy to come by if you've had a few ;)

I couldn't recommend this place more and we'll definitely go back. After tours of duty at Four Seasons and the like, I can say without question that this place exceeds such expectations!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2007

Great quality hotel with high standards

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We thought the Grande Real Villa Italia was superb. The location is ideal. It is perfectly positioned by the coast away from built up areas but close to the new marina and not far from the centre of Cascais. The hotel is new so it appears immaculate. The service is respectful yet friendly, quiet, intuitive and very efficient.

The rooms are spacious, well equipped and luxurious. Our room was garden facing overlooking the adjacent park – pleasant enough but next time we’ll go for one with a balcony and view of the ocean and pool.
The bed and breakfast deal suited us as we could enjoy a leisurely breakfast each morning, lounge by the pool and explore the sights during the day and dine out in the numerous bars and restaurants in Cascais in the evenings.

We would strongly recommend this hotel and would certainly like to return. In fact, we’re reluctant to shout about it too much – it really is a shining gem - a secret that has yet to be discovered. I suspect that it won’t stay this way for long……"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

Stunning New Luxury Hotel in Cascais!

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"My wife and I recently returned from a wonderful three-day stay at this sensational new hotel in Cascais. Only opened in March 2007 as the latest addition to the Real Group, which runs the Palacio Real in Lisbon amongst others, this is a very beautiful hotel which fully lives up to its five-star rating.

It is located a few minutes’ easy walk out of Cascais, on the road towards the local sea gorge, 'La Boca do Inferno' ('The Mouth of Hell'). The hotel is a renovation of King Umberto of Italy’s former mansion. It is a beautiful creation, in an elegant horseshoe shape around a superb swimming pool. The hotel looks down over the narrow coastal road , to the Atlantic beyond, in an extremely peaceful area of hotels and villas.

The hotel is lavishly appointed, with advanced design flair in evidence everywhere. Marble and wood predominate in a beautifully lit and exquisitely varied palette of black and grey and blue and yellow and white. An entirely relaxing ambience is the outcome. Seaview rooms are extremely spacious by European standards, featuring superb marble bathrooms with separate shower, bath and WC cubicles. They come with a spacious balcony and sun loungers.

A private view of the individually designed penthouse suites reveals ever more stunning facilties. Food and service on the terrace, in the breakfast room, formal restaurant and room service are friendly, attentive and enthusiastic. There is a tastefully designed business centre, and a lovely lounge and reading room close by. There are ample conference facilities, and a luxurious spa. Among its many services, the hotel supplies a high quality limo service to Lisbon airport for 65 Euros; Lisbon itself is a pleasant half-an-hour away by train along the Estoril coast.

We are aware that the Hotel Albatroz is a Cascais favourite with Tripadvisor readers, and its town/beach location is a winner. But with due respect, and in spite of some pleasant lunches there during this visit, we have to suggest that it is now eclipsed by the sheer scale and splendour of the Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel and Spa. Go the hotel's website at www.granderealvillaitaliahotel.com for a very accurate visualisation of its attractions."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of June 2007

Fancy!

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"Myself and my family booked this hotel for my birthday as a special treat. We were all individually guided to our rooms after check in and when I arrived they had a birthday cake (the best cake I have had in my life!) and 2 small bottles of Champagne waiting for me. My room was also upgraded and had a huge balcony overlooking the pool and the sea.

The room was huge, had a flat screen tv with an inbuilt DVD played and if you had music playing you could turn on a speaker in the bathroom to here it in there too! The bed was sssooo comfy too!

I had a facial in the spa that day too, which I received a 5% discount off (because it was my birthday!), and it was very relaxing. I mentioned that I didn't know where the indoor pool was and after my facial I was given the full tour of the spa. The pool looked amazing, but you had to pay to use it. I didn't bother because there was an outside pool for free, and the water wasn't that cold.

Buffet breakfast was good but we found it difficult to get served coffee as the waiters took their time getting things. The orange juice was awful as well so I just stuck with water.

One of the days the water in the hotel wasn't working which was a bit of a problem. My brother made a complaint and all of our rooms were sent 2 large bottles of water, which was a nice jesture considering it was a problem out of their control.

Overall I really liked this hotel, the location is great (just a 10 min walk to the town and to the Boca do Inferno), the service is good and the rooms are amazing."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of May 2007