We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Pinhal da Marina

Praca 3 Caminhos Quarteira, Vilamoura, Quarteira 8125-439 Portugal

Good

Ab. Fab.

"Stayed for 1 week in May 2006 with my wife. On arrival we were placed in an apartment which, although spotlessly clean, was in the shade and dark wood abounded making it appear dull. The next day I enquired at reception if I could be moved to another apartment which caught the sun and for a nominal fee I got an apartment that was excellent in every sense. It was beside the pool, bathed in sunshine all day and HUGE for a studio flat. Dora the receptionist was helpfulness personified and the bar/restaurant staff extremely friendly.
It is an easy walk to the marina and restaurants and the 5 golf courses are 10 minutes away.On my return home I convinced 3 friends to accompany me on another golfing trip so I return to Pinhal de Marina for the second time in the space of 5 weeks. EXCELLENT!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of May 2006

Fantastic!!!!!!!

"My husband and I have just returned from a 6 day break at Pinhal da Marina. We booked directly through their own website and paid 300 euros for the six nights. The accomodation was top notch, very plush, spotlessly clean and very well furnished. We were in the newer block around the 2nd pool.
The staff were friendly and efficient, and I have to single out Carmen in reception for being extremely helpful.
It is a short walk from the Marina, and we were always going to taxi it back at night, but always found ourselves walking, so couldnt have been that far! We will definately be back!"

• Travel date: Sat 29th of April 2006

Loved It

Good

"My family and I stayed at these apartments in September 2005 and having read all of the other reviews I was pleased that it matched our expectations especially as it was our first holiday away with our 10 month. Our one bed apart had everything you could ask for and having a 10 month old with me I was delighted with the kitchen facilities and cleanliness of the aprtment overall. We were even provided with a proper cot rather than having to cart a travel cot with us. My sis and her hubby stayed in a studio which was massive compared to any other studios I have stayed in. The only negative is the walk to town which unfortunately was a bit of a strain on my parents who had joined us on holiday although taxis are cheap enough.
My parents stayed an extra week and even though it was very quiet they loved the fact each apartment had their own sun loungers on the balcony and didn't have to get up early to beat the rush. Vilamoura itself is a great holiday resort and the marina is beautiful. It is a lovely place to dander around and i have to say we didn't have a bad meal whilst we were there. The staff are friendly courteous and very helpful but I think having a beautiful blue eyed blonde haired baby with me helped. I will certainly be returning to Vilamoura and the Pinhal Da Marina as it was a great holiday all round."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of March 2006

Pinhal da Marina - never again!!

"We stayed at the Pinhal da Marina in August 2005. After reading all the reveiws on your website, we were pretty optimistic that we would find these apartments really pleasing. What a disappointment we got. We were allocated an apartment just above reception which obviously had not been updated since the 1970's. Our apartment was dull, drab and dreary, wall to wall mahogany tongue and groove as well as the ceiling, making the apartment really dark at all times. The bedding, sheets etc had been washed thin and colourless. Beds were like concrete as were the pillows. Other guests could not understand why we were complaining until we invited them to see our room. The balcony had no outlook whatsoever and we complained several times to the Panorama Rep who simply ignored any electrical faults we brought to his attention. Upon viewing other guests rooms, I can see why other users were so happy with the accommodation - we just were not afforded the same stanard of accommodation as anyone else even though we paid the same price. On the brighter side, I could not fault the grounds around the pool and the landscaped gardens - they were kept spotlessly clean. I wish I could say the same for Room 111 above reception!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of March 2006

Pinhal is great

"Me and my boyfriend went on our first holiday abroad together this september/october time. We stayed in the Pinhal Da Marina apartments, he has stayed there before on a number of occassions for training (hes a runner) he said that the apartments were lovely and that i wouldnt be disapointed and he was right. We had a lovley apartment, with view of the swiming pool, a lovley balcony which caught lots of sun for the all important sunbathing. Staff at the Pinhal were friendly and helpful, and the receptionist even stayed 4 hours after her shift had finished to ensure that we arrived well and showed us to our room (delayed flight) we enjoyed our stay so much that we are going back in Febaury with friends and again in september next year just the two of us. A wonderful place to stay and a plesant walk away from the marina."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of October 2005

Excellent, peaceful location.

"A nice time of year to go if you don't want it too bustling. We shared a 2-bed studio which was spotless, almost big enough to live in and even had a dishwasher. In the main square we had what we think is the best Indian meal we have had in the "Gateway to India"; wine, shorts and a meal you couldn't finish - 45 euros. If you are walking back to the complex and you fancy a swift half call in to the "Alisuper" supermarket coffee shop where lager is a pound a pint. A bus trip to Alberfeira, about 30 miles away, is 2.95 euros although you will be dropped off at a terminus where you catch a city-bus to the actual centre for 1 euro. Good luck."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

Pinhal De Marina Appts where exellent in every sense

"2 familys 8 in total had appts next door to each other, so we had an insight into each others. Could not fault them, the towels were changed everyday and the bed linen every 2days. We were over looking the pool area which was cleaned everyday as were the sun loungers. All in all I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Portugal for the first time, it will make you want to return year after year"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2005

time to relax

"My fiance and I have just returned from a weeks holiday staying at the Pinhal da Marina apartment complex in Villamoura which is ideal accommodation if you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful holiday. The complex is set in quiet and well kept gardens with two swimming pools, a bar/restaurant and a mini-market. We stayed in a studio apartment which was very modern and had everything you could possible need including air conditioning, a dishwasher and sky tv! The only criticism I can make is that there are no money exchange facilities within the complex - the nearest facilities for changing money is a good 15 minute walk away from the complex. However, this is a fantastic complex for couples and families alike and a good holiday is guaranteed!"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of August 2005

Wonderful, relaxing holiday

"Just returned from Portugal and would HIGHLY recommend these apartments. They are spacious and the surrounding area is very peaceful and relaxing.

The staff were helpful and very pleasant and the apartments are cleaned daily (except Sundays).

The pool area is very clean and well shaded if you want to get out of the sun. There are plenty of sun loungers. We didn't eat at the complex so I can't comment on the quality of the food, but others seemed to enjoy it.

The apartments are located about 10 minutes' walk from the Marina and is great for an evening stroll (although it is an uphill stroll on your way back!). We always strolled down the hill in the evening and took a taxi back up to the apartments. Taxis generally only cost under 5 euros from the Marina to the apartments. There's also a mini-train which you can go to and from the apartments on.

The restaurants in the Marina and surrounding area are very good and you need to take a good appetite with you when you visit them because the portions are quite large. We found all the restaurants we ate in good value for money (about 45 euros for 3 courses, including wine). It's really nice eating at one of the waterfront restaurants in the Marina as you can look at the lovely yachts (and dream) while you enjoy your food.

The nightlife in Vilamoura is generally very laid back. There aren't any really loud bars within the Marina area and it's generally a place to just stroll and browse. The restaurants are all open until quite late and you can sit and relax with a drink once you've finished a meal if you don't fancy the walk!

If/when I go back to Portugal, this is definitely the resort and apartment complex I will be staying at. It's worth every penny."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of August 2005

Absolutely Wonderful

"My husband, myself, and our 2 children have just returned from 2 weeks at Pinhal Da Marina Apartments and had the most fantastic time. We stayed in a 2 bedroomed apartment which was really spacious and kept meticulously clean every day by the maid service. The staff at the reception and at the bar/restaurant were so friendly and could not be have been more helpful. The gardens surrounding the apartments are kept in really nice condition and the whole place is just so relaxing to stay at. We love Vilamoura and found numerous really nice restaurants to eat out where the food was excellent and the staff great fun.
We have stayed at Pinhal da Marina apartments several times now but this had been the first for several years and is was great to be back. We would highly recommend these apartments and have already booked to return next year."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of August 2005

Wonderful holiday experience

"PDM is a lovely complex of self catering apartments, set in quiet gardens. We chose a pool view studio apartment and it was large and airy and with lots of storage space both for clothes etc and food and drink if required. We stayed on a B &B basis and the breakfasts were very good. We didn't eat at other times in the restaurant but the food all seemed to be very good. The bar was a nice area to sit and relax.

The staff were all wonderful, both in the bar/restaurant and the receptionists even the groundsmen and cleaners were friendly and cheerful. There is quite a bit of things for kids to do and the pools are lovely.

The town, marina and beach are a 15/20 min walk and apparently only about €4 in a taxi if you are too tired to walk back.

I will definitely return to this hotel, it was wonderful."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of June 2015

My family and i go th the Pinhal Da Mari...

"My family and i go th the Pinhal Da Marina every year for a two week holiday and its the best place we have ever been to, the portuguese are so hospitable and the apartment lovely. The staff are so friendly, especially Carmen at the recpeption and Jaon in the bar and can't do enough for you.
It is about a 10 minute walk to the marina, where there are lots of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops, all in a short walk. However if you cannot walk very well, as it is a hike up the hill back to the apartment, there is a train that runs every 20 mins or so, back up the the apartment. Food is fantastic, both on the marina and in the apartment bar, set menus for a reasonable price as well as a normal menu choice.
We have been to this resort and hotel for the last five years apart from last year as i had a baby, but apart from that, nothing could stop us from going back to the fabulaous "" Perfect"" Pinhal Da Marina."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

Hotels near Pinhal da Marina

Stayed at Pinhal da Marina? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Pinhal da Marina

• Goodos by Goodos

"Relax and enjoy the surroundings and ambience "

Pinhal da Marina is also called

• Pinhal Da Marina Hotel