Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Rua da Torre D'Agua, Lote 4.11.1.B, Vilamoura, Quarteira 8125-615 Portugal

Good

We stayed for 10 nights in the Hilton an...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2008

"We stayed for 10 nights in the Hilton and enjoyed a well run and immaculate hotel. Great bedrooms, wide balcony and lovely bathrooms. All very new and well kept.

Breakfast was excellent, a really lovely choice, lunch and dinner were expensive in the hotel and the food quality not fantastic, but ok.

Staff we encountered were very professional and smiling - we met a lovely family who had 3 children around our daughter's age and that made the holiday for us. Pools were good, could have been bigger and better designed, but we did go in August, so lots of fellow Brits and children but all nice. Not sure I would have enjoyed it as much had we been childless.

Kids' club facilites were great, but I was rather dubious about the quality of child-care; it was more suited to 7/8year old boys rather than 5 year old girls.

Shuttle bus to beach and marina bit hectic, bit of a wait in the early evening but we were relaxed - if you like to stroll out of your hotel to a restaurant, then this is NOT the hotel for you, too far out of the town centre.

Overall, a lovely hotel that I (as a fussy mother) would definitely recommend.

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Beautiful Hotel

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Decided to stay at the Marinhotel Tivoli after staying there last year, should have read the previous reviews so checked out of there early (see seperate review on the above )
The Hilton is first class,,,reception very frindly and efficent....spoiled ourselves and stayed in the presidential suite.....wow.......was really impressed at this room.....one nice touch was the fresh cut fruit...not cheap chocs....and a nice bottle of chilled wine to greet us....Have to say this is a top class hotel in the Algarve, and the rest have to really sort there stuff out if they are to come near this Hotel in all aspects. Will return again in th Autum."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

Fantastic experience, already planning our return trip

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Wonderful new hotel that exceeded all our expectations, only hope that this level of service can be maintained."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of February 2008

Great Hotel

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"We were sent here from the Tivoli Marinotel after the refurbishment works became unbearable.
The Hilton is Fantastic, it has the most beautiful pool area I have seen, the facilites are 1st class. I do have to agree with the previous review however that the guy cooking eggs at breakfast takes sooooooooooooooooooo long that i gave up.
If you can afford to stay here then you will not complain about the high drink prices anyway. They are very high and 5euro for a tiny bottle of water is a lot.
Take my advise and try the 7 SPA treatment at the hotel, apparently it is voted no 1 in the world, I got a full hot stone massage there, HEAVEN!!. What a place.

My advice is, if you have the dosh, go here, its worth it."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2008

what a let down !!!!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"just back after a week in the hilton as part of a dreamflight golf tournament week. yes the hilton has all the facilities (at a price!!)
but lacks atmosphere and character and staff need some training in customer relations.....rooms are small for 5 star and only one wash basin in a very small cramped bathroom !!!!
breakfast ....buffet style but waiting for a chef to fry an egg or make an omelette took for ever if you could catch him at his post !! they serve you tea or coffee and one morning after bringing it to the table while my wife were getting our cereals they promptly cleared the table !!! enough said . bar staff are ok but wont make conversation unless pushed if you are at the bar.
the biggest letdown was that it was my wifes birthday while we were there and i had prebooked (november) a cake and champagne for our room on the day....sadly not delivered by 4.30pm.....complained to reception and was assured they would be in our room in the hour.......sadly no again....went out for dinner at 7pm and asked again at reception....we can do it now sir or when you get back !!! so at midnight on our return it was in our room !!! sadly not one apology ....never again !!!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of January 2008

Great Hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I live near Lisbon and sometimes like to go to Algarve in "low season" and spend there a weekend to restore "batteries". At this time, hotel rates are much lower and I can take the opportunity to visit some of the best hotels. This is also the time where I appreciate more the qualities of the hotels, because in Summer I spend a lot of time at the beaches and outside. In Winter, I spend more time "lazing" around at the hotels and have more time to appreciate them.
And what a great hotel this is!!! A brand new 5 star hotel (the first Hilton in Portugal), with the kind of modern and "design" decoration I enjoy. All the hotel is full of glass: The elevators, the lobby, even the rooms with their spectacular bathrooms!
The bathrooms are amazing: they have glass walls and the bath tub is next to this glass: if you open the curtain it's just like standing in the room (like a loft) - imagine filling the tub with hot water, direction the LCD TV to the bathroom, and just standing there relaxing in a bath watching TV (There's a TV speaker in the bath room, so you won't miss anything). The rest of the bathroom is also great, there's a privater area with non-transparent glass with a shower, and the WC... All the materials are of the best, including top design GROHE taps.
Everything else in the room is of very good taste and quality, the bed, the linnen and some other luxuries, like the tea kettler and a selection of tea flavors, so that you can prepare a hot drink without leaving the room. I traveled with my wife and daughter and got lucky and was upgraded to a suite, that's really two connected rooms, but in one of them there's a sofa instead of a bed (yes, we had to bathrooms!). Each rooms has a large enough balcony with views to the pools - there are at least 5, one of them covered -it's not indoor because of of the sides it's not closed - in fact this is the only suggestion I could make, it is very easy to close it with removable glass windows for the Winter and it would not affect the architecture of the resort. However, all the pools are heated, so I could use it in January.
The breakfasts are very very complete and one of the best I know in Hotels.
The bar Ruby is very well decorated - the design fireplace is very original and the overall bar is very cosy.
The staff is very friendly, efficient and responsive - really 5 star service - they forgot to install the extra bed for my daughter, so I called the reception - they imediattely apologised and 2 (TWO!) minutes later I had 2 maids knocking at my door to install it!
The hotel is 2 Kms from the beach and Marina, so you better have a car. They told me they have a beach club in FALESIA beach so in Summer they must have a shuttle to take you there.
The kids club is also very good, almost like a small theme park...
Of course, the only issue is the price (specially in High season), but if you can afford it, enjoy it!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

Apartments are Better than the Hotel

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We booked into the As Cascatas apartments in preference to the main Hotel and boy am I glad that we did that. We had all the facilities of the hotel , at a cheaper rate than the hotel plus our own lounge, kitchen, and balcony. The swimming pool is less crowded than the main pools and the service is every bit as good as the main hotel. I would recommend anyone thinking of staying at the Hilton to consider this as an option (especially if you have kids or there are more than 2 of you). We used the hotel restaurants during our stay and both were excellent – we preferred the cheaper of the two as it was less formal. Just around the corner from the apartments is a block with some estate agencies and a bar where you can get 2 beers for around €3 – run by a mad Italian called Frankie. Next to the bar is Willies – Michelin star restaurant. It doesn’t get any better than this 5 star hotel, cheap beer and a Michelin star restaurant . The apartments are located in between two championship golf courses (for those so inclined). To sum up this is one of the best places I have ever stayed and will be coming back on a regular basis."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of November 2007

will the 3 mix

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"arrived 1130 nov 22.excellent reception and porters fell over themselves to be of assistance.room overlooking pool area.definitely 5 star welcome and facilities.on the doorstep of pinhal golf course and close to most vilamoura courses.hotel bus will take and collect u to courses.otherwise isolated.marina 6 euro taxi ride although hotel will take u 7pm to 9pm.5 minute journey.bar menu ok but boring after 3 days.a la carte restaurant to south american for me.breakfast excellent.food choice limited due to time of year.pool bar closed,as was main pool area for 4 days for repairs.other pool area opened but bar waiters didnt like the trip.room service was excellent.there are 154 rooms,69 apartments[apparently all sold]and 69 vacation[timeshare apartments].here the problem might lie in the future.the bar area is over run with sales people and potential purchasers of hilton vacation club.from what we saw i wonder what the conversion ratio is.low i would imagine.not sure that this mix will enhance hotel customers paying top dollar.e.g.39 euros for a steak.perhaps next summer will give the answer but at the moment timeshare seems to take precedent over all else.harsh but true.cannot see vacation club paying hilton prices at the bar or in the restaurants.shame hilton probably dont read tripadvisor.see previous reviews."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of November 2007

Nice place, but not really as adverstised

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"Just arrived back from a week at the Hilton. I was fortunate to be upgraded to a deluxe pool view room which was superb. Dinner in the main restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfast at the same place was a bit more of a challenge especially to get coffee, never the less the food once again superb. The pool and all facilities were all quiet as you may expect for late Sept but again very nice.

The downside. The place does not look like the website! The buildings are bright colours and the gardens are full of fake rocks which makes it more like Disneyland! In fact the hotel does not have a golf course just a simualtor! There are way too many people being shown around the vacation apartments the sales staff were using the bar facilities for the hard sell which prevented us finding any seats when we wanted a drink (it was raining outside) Not impressed really. The hotel is on the flight path out of Faro so you get low flying 737's every few mins during the day.

The place is in the middle of nowhere and walking to the Marina is really a long way although a cab ride of less than 5 mins finding a cab is a problem!

Final test, would I go back? No. The Sheraton at Pine Cliff's just up the raod is a much better choice."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Amazing

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Amazing time spent at the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa.

The staff were the friendliest I've encountered especially within Rubi Bar where one member of staff, Paulo even went as far to phone up to our room to tell my partner that the golf masters on the TV was about to start knowing he was a keen golf fan.

The food at the pool bar - Aquarela was very tasty as well as serving the best strawberry daiquiri's made by Bruno. The Cilantro restaurant within the hotel was also excellent. Amazing setting where they served kebabs on the stone.

The rooms were beautifully decorated and the shower room was very classy with the bathroom being seperated from the bedroom with a modern glass partition which was most unusual.

I would most definitley return to Hilton Vilamoura as it has been one of the best holidays by far."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of September 2007

Hotels near Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Stayed at Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa is also called