Cabanas Park 2

• french amenities
  • ironing service
  • massage
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • kids meals
  • fishing amenities
  • pool beach towels
  • spanish amenities
  • special diet menus
  • paid private parking on site
  • portuguese amenities
  • canoeing amenities
  • diving

lovely hotel

Reviewed 7th April 2014

"This is a great hotel, the review below is not about this hotel, I think they must mean the Cabanas Club next door. Cabana park doesn't have old blocks and it doesn't do all inclusive. So definitely not Cabanas Park. Hopefully someone will notice this and get this damning report removed."

• Travel date: 6th April 2014

Don't be silly and throw your money away, book somewhere else!!!

Reviewed 16th January 2014

"Traveled as two families (4 adults and 4 children) for one week all inclusive in May last year and It is the worse place we have ever stayed. We booked it as a last min get away for a break but I wish we hadn't bothered. I know people say you get what you pay for and this is a relatively cheap place to stay but I have stayed at cheaper but much better places. In fact this is the only time I have bothered to write a review, that's how bad it was. The place is in the middle of nowhere with absolutely nothing to do. The hotel is made up of two blocks, the old and the new. We were fortunate to be in the new block and our rooms were very nice and modern with everything you need and more. The other family that traveled with us were not so lucky and were placed in the old block and my god was it bad. It looked like it hadn't been touched for 60 years. It was cold, damp, smelly and very outdated with nothing working (a/c broke, TV broke, curtains broke, patio doors broke etc etc) asked to be moved which they eventually were on the third day, but by then it had already ruined their experience and the staff were extremely unhelpful. The hotel claims to be by the beach but you got to walk 10 minutes to get to a boat which takes you over to this path where you have to walk a further 10 minutes to get to the beach. The beach itself is lovely but it is in the middle of the sea so no toilets, nowhere to buy drinks or food, no sun loungers or shade etc it is literally a piece of sand surrounded by sea. Ok for an hour but after that your thirsty and hungry and dying for the toilet with a 20min trip back to the hotel!! Food was average to crap. Always cold, same food all the time and more flies than guests. Entertainment was non existent unless you are 5 and it's impossible to sit outside once it gets dark as you are eaten alive by mosquitoes. Pool was a good size but dangerous with kids as you had about 3 foot of shallow area before a drastic curved drop into the deep part. We seen about 10 kids slip down the slope into the deep part whilst playing in the shallow area with parents and guests having to jump in to save them. No activities really to speak of and no water sports at all. Absolutely nothing in the area apart from a few small shops and one or two cafes. Very windy and cloudy as your so far out and all in all a crap place to go. After visiting over 20 countries and staying in around 60 different hotels from 2star to 5 star this is the only one I have felt strongly enough to write a review about. If this was free of charge I wouldn't go back there. If you do book and go, just remember I told you so!!"

• Travel date: 15th January 2014

Great location - good facilities

Reviewed 5th April 2011

"In March this hotel provided a perfect quiet break. We chose self catering and the apartment had everything we needed. We asked for, and got, a river view so that we could watch the birds on the river and salt pans. Very friendly and helpful staff - helped us with a bird watching guided tour. Cabanas has plenty of restaurants and a good small supermarket. Can walk into Tavira or for miles along the beach. Train along the coast meant we didn't even need to hire a car. Only downsides were the hotel's boat to the island beach doesn't run out of season and the outdoor pool isn't heated but the other facilities made up for this. Would strongly recommend this hotel. "

• Travel date: 2nd April 2011

Pretty good!

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Stayed there last week. Booked thru Alpharooms, got an apartment for a week. The apartment was clean & well-appointed, the overall service (welcome, cleaners...) good. Location is 5 mins walk from the beach. Gym is small but seems fine - pool is very nice. Beach (5 mins walk + 2 mins free boat ride) is fantastic and it's right on the edge of a nature reserve which is great if you like wildlife. Couple of excellent fish restauranbts in town - the 2 on the seafront nearest Cabanas Club. A couple of caveats: - I can imagine it'd be very noisy at high season, as the accoustics aren't great. - Though the restaurant food is excellent, if something's not right there, be prepared to complain like heck to get it put right. - It's not easy to find, so get good directions (& not the ones that are on another website that suggest it's in the middle of Tavira...)"

• Travel date: 30th April 2006

Recomend to all

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Stayed at this lovely apartments last week, and the whole complex is very beautiful, the swimming pool is fantastic with a foot shape. My kids were all the time inside de jacuzzi playing like never before. About the apartment, wich were very clean and the staff very very helpfull. Even the restaurant/snack-bar is fantastic, with good fish, and local tipical food. Sometimes at night we stayed until late due to karaoke party and live music. If you plan to go to the Algarve, you must choose this place, wich is very quiet and calm. A good choice for those who seek a lovely and pleasent holidays. Thanks to all the staff."

• Travel date: 18th April 2006

Nice place

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"Very clean, good standard of accomodation. Very quiet when I was there but can imagine it would be noisy in high season. Pool is lovely. Cabanas is a small resort with a few restaurants and a reasonable supermarket, Tavira is around 15 mins drive away. Staff are a bit off hand but I really didn't have much to do with them so it wasn't a problem!"

• Travel date: 20th March 2006

Great place to stay

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"This modern, newly built complex is situated at end of a no through road, surrounded on three sides by small villas and open countryside. Location is very quite, although some building work is being carried out on the approach road. There are apparently 98 apartments over three stories, situated around a central atrium. We (family with three young children) stayed at the end of October, so we virtually had the place to ourselves. Staff were efficient and very helpful. Rooms are cleaned 5 days out of 7, sometimes not until the afternoon, but this did not cause us a problem. The beach boat is a short walk away and then another short walk over the dunes, to massive white sandy beach and great surf. Swam in the sea on a number of occasions even though it was late October. It felt warmer than the unheated outdoor pool ! Had a great time would definately recommend to those who do not want the over developed and overcrowded Albufeira."

• Travel date: 2nd November 2005

A great place to stay

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We (a family of 4) stayed at the Cabanas Hotel in August and thought it was a great place to stay. It is quite difficult to find though (an hours drive from Faro), so make sure you have a good map of the area. The hotel is very clean, and the rooms were brilliant. Air conditioning units throughout keeping the temperature down. Furniture was basic, but comfortable. But lets face it, you don't go to Portugal and want to sit in the room all the time, so only basic furniture required. I don't think the hotel has been up very long, so everything appeared fresh and new. Decorated to a good standard. Restaurant is good, but there is no choice in the evenings as such as they lay out a set buffet (changing daily) so if you don't like what's on offer you'll need to find alternatives (although there's a fantastic fish restaurant in the village of Cabanas, which is about a 5 minute walk away). The pool area is very tidy and the pool itself is one of the best I've had the pleasure of using at a hotel. Shaped like a foot, the toes make ideal paddling pools for the younger kids. Staff were very helpful and courteous and the maids did an excellent job. If, like a previous review states, there were only 4 maids covering the hotel then I think they did a wonderful job in keeping everything clean and tidy. Overall a great place to stay. Very quiet as the area is generally uncommercial. Give it a few years though and it may have caught up with the West of the country so my recommendation for those who like it quieter is to visit whilst the going is good. We would definitely go back and we're even considering going over for a long weekend in the not too distant future."

• Travel date: 20th September 2005

A Fabulous Week

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"Recently I have spend my holidays with my family in Cabanas Park. I must say that I don't agree with the latest coments in this page. It was a fabulous week. Unlike it was written/said, every morning my apartment was cleaned and I was able to see that the maintenance staff was present each day, by the way, a very nice person. The pools are great with a pleasent garden around that my children loved to play. Regarding my point of view, I must say that, I was impressed and I recomend this place to everyone. Nice and pleasent people, speacially the reception ladies and those from the restaurant."

• Travel date: 20th July 2005

one of the best holidays

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"My family and i, stayed at the Cabanas Park last month. It was one of the best holidays we ever have. It was amazing and i would recommend this acommodations to anyone who want's to know the other side of Algarve ( the better side )."

• Travel date: 19th July 2005

It's the worts place to be...

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"I've passed 2 weeks on this hotel and is the worst place I ever stayed. there's no reception only a small desk, There is no manutetion crew, it only exists 4 cleaning ladies, for more or less 98 apartments, so most of the day I've waited to 7 or 8 o'clock to the cleaning ladies come to my apartment. One of the days the there was a powerfailure, and guess what...there is no generator our power suply, the hotel stayed with no lights and telephones (yes telephones) for about 4 hours. There is nobody cleaning the swimming pool the water is becoming green, and if you look careful you can see small worms...terrible. Also there is a ladie in the reception that is so unpleasent, please don't go to this hotel, the only good side of this hotel is the view, magnigicient."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2005

Great new place

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"This is a brand new hotel and apartment block - there's still some building work going on, in fact. The location is superb - on the edge of Cabanas village, which is just outside Tavira town itself, and overlooking the Rio Formosa national park. Our apartment, which we were the first guests ever to stay in, was very simply, stylishly decorated with a nice orange and white colour theme and - obviously - spotlessly clean. Big balconies and good TV with English channels (a big deal because I live in Spain and don't have any!). You can take a boat to the beach, but we didn't bother, although it looks lovely from the photos. The pool is delightful and the whole place has a sense of lots of space, uncrowded and calm - of course this was low season (mid May). The restaurant was fine, except that on Saturday night we arrived at 9.50pm - it closes at 10pm, and were greeted by an incredibly rude and unpleasant waitress who aggressively told us that the kitchen was closed and we couldn't have any main meals, only snacks. A very nasty woman indeed. After living in Spain and London, I thought I knew what rude was, but she was something else. However apart from her, the staff was lovely - all friendly and helpful. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 17th May 2005

Hotels near Cabanas Resort Park

Top traveller tips for Cabanas Resort Park

• by Birders

"Take your binoculars - the views over the river and salt pans are great for bird watchers"

Cabanas Resort Park is also called