Good

Lovely place but needs more entertainment for children

Reviewed Thu 25th of July 2013

"Choro mar i would recommend this to all really! But there is one thing missing if u have children they could get board no entertainment which could b done around the pool at day time! Night not to bad really! Pedro is fab he keeps u entrained for a bit! Fataima and Manuel were the greatest there very friendly and welcoming at all times will do anything they can to help u! Appartments were very spaious and most of all very clean!! I must say I did enjoy my stay but portgual wasnt for me!!! Enjoy tho!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of July 2013

Just got back from Coro Mar! Loved it!!

Reviewed Thu 10th of November 2011

"Absolutely loved it!! Amazing hotel. Strip was a nice 15 mins walk. Everyone was very helpful. I will defo be returning!! The room was a brilliant size and had everything we needed including 4 balcanys. There is a local mini bus that goes from the hotel to the beach at 11:00am FREE!! Have internet access and a great bar with brilliant people. Rele nice food and cheap. Defo recomend this!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of November 2011

Again

Reviewed Wed 12th of October 2011

"Once again had a wonderful time at the Choro mar....I return there twice a year. And on behalf of my very Large Family. Cannot complain about anything. EVERYONE who works there do everything humanly possible to ensure the stay is FANTASTIC.......The rooms are clean..The girls who come to tidy the rooms during the stay are lovely and polite. Home from Home I would say. And I am sure the friends we have made who return year after year would agree. Will we go again? Of Course.

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2011

amazing loved it !!!

Reviewed Thu 25th of August 2011

"i loved the choro mar, really want to go back there again one day. you get what you pay for, the food is great, the rooms yes they could do with a little makeover but your so busy doing other stuff that your only in the rooms to sleep, the rooms are very clean and have lots of space. the pool is great they have lots of sunbeds and they clean it every day before people go down. when i was there there were kids they were having the time of there life in the pool.the staff i have no bad words to say about them,they were just great always helped if u needed them, they gave us a lot info on taxi's and places to visit ect. the strip (easy to walk to about 10-15 mins) and the old town(can walk it's about 40mins but probley best to get a taxi)
are just great, the strip at night is like a mini las vagas lots of shops,bars,clubs and resturants.
i've seen in some reviews how people moan that when
they wanted to book in they had to go to the bar to get some one, i had to do that but it's only becaus the staff there work so hard,plus the bar dose get busy (as it is a great bar)and i dont think that that should be a problem, as they are lovely people trying to do their
best and they are very very welcoming. as for people wanting a porter to carry their bags if you want that go to a 5 star hotel, there is a lift, it is small but it doesnt take long for it to come back down, we got two people and our two cases in it or without cases we got 4 people in it. there is a good bar, and good entaitment i love pedro soooo funny and kind he's a good singer and dancer lol, he will sing anthing but ''pedro doesnt do candy shop'' but will do like a virgin :).i've told all my friends about it and some want to go,if you haven't been before give it a try. it's not for everyone but me and my family loved it. im not home sick im choro mar sick,i really want to go back and wish i was there now.:) "

• Travel date: Sun 21st of August 2011

The Choro Mar is not the hilton of Portugal but we love it

Reviewed Wed 13th of July 2011

"This is the 5th time in the past 7 years we have been to the Choro Mar and already booked again for June 2012. Saija, Grace, Fatima and the rest of the staff really make you feel welcome the moment you arrive nothing is to much trouble for them rooms are so big."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2011

Enjoyable break

Good
Reviewed Wed 7th of October 2009

"I have stayed at these apartments before so I booked with them direct. The apartment is clean but basic. Only problem is they change your towels only once in a week and they don't change your bedlinen. The pool area is okay but gets a bit noisy on an afternoon when all the kids are playing in the pool.

The Strip is about a 15 minutes walk away. There is a free map that you can pick up on the strip which tells you about places to eat. I can recommend the Koala Restaurant which is an Australian restaurant - they do a nice kangeroo steak!

If you want to book excursions I can recommend that you do this on the strip itself. We booked the jeep safari - which was really enjoyable - you can stand up in the jeep and experience the countryside, just be aware of low trees!!! You get a meal at the end of it which includes wine but be aware of drinking the squash with ice cubes (my husband got a water bug half way through the week and puts it down to the ice cubes in the squash). All in all it was a very pleasant trip.

We booked for Gibralter as well. It is a very early start - they pick you up from your hotel at 5:30 in the morning and you don't get back until 11 ish at night. It is 5 hours there with 2 stops and 5 hours in Gibralter, with an optional trip up the rock of 21 euros, Don't eat anything in front of the monkeys on the rock through as they will grab it off you, and then another 5 hours coming back. They taken English money in Gibralter and they have all the regular stores like M & S and BHS. Okay if you like shopping.

We booked these two trips and got to go to the gipsy market. It is really like any other market they all want your money. Keep hold of your bag though.

I would recommend these apartments to anyone wanting a cheap place to sleep.

I would certainly think about booking again if I was wanting a cheap holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of October 2009

MEH! Just about mediocre

Reviewed Mon 6th of July 2009

"My stay in the Choromar was mediocre, i didnt pay a fortune for the holiday therefore my expectations were not high, however the pictures online were rather deceiving. When we arrived it was late at night and i found it the experience daunting. We went to reception, were given our key and given hazy directions to our block as there were no porters or help us with our heavy luggage or escort us to the block. The lift was surprisingly minute and with luggage, one large suitcase and its owner and one small bag and its owner could fit. To open the door required a "knack" so much so that, we had to go back to reception to ask how it is done, by then reception was closing as unlike other hotels it is not 24hour but open from 9 till 11 therefore any problems we had during the night would have to wait till mid-morning! The apartment for 4 however was rather spacious which impressed me however bring a fan of some sort as there are no fans or air conditioning! choromar apartments is approximately a 25minute walk away from Oura beach which is a relaxing walk, however a taxi can be taken for 4.05 euros. As it was self-catering holiday we bought our first lot of food from the mini-mart in the hotel which is rather expensive, So i suggest bringing enough food to last you a night and a day untill you have the chance to go to the supermarket in the algarve shopping centre. Also i advise bringing a shoe you despise and some COCKROACH spray to kill the cockroachs that are bound to visit you whilst you sleep...SLEEP WITH THE LIGHTS ON!!! Additionally, i am a gym freak and was happy that my hostel has a gym, however it cost 2 euros to use and is only big enough for one person at a time or two people at a push. The hotel bar is ok, and has three large screen tv, that are always on some kind of football game, so for all you football lovers...check it out! =) they serve English food e.g. pie and chips, burgers, pizza and basic pasta dishes, no special dishes i.e portuguese food which is what i look for when i visit another country...however it wasnt bad. there are no nearby nightclubs...if that is what you're looking for, stay somewhere else. But as long as you have good company and a plan as to what you would like to do, you should be fine. Personally i wouldn't stay here again as I have a fear of bugs and generally higher expectations than what i was met with, but I enjoyed the experience and had fun with my 3 friends.
P.s. bring some earplugs as you can hear everything going on next door, downstairs, upstairs all around really!"

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of July 2009

Would not recommend this hotel

Reviewed Thu 11th of June 2009

"I have just come back to London from staying at the Choro Mar Hotel and would not recommend this hotel(appartments) to anyone looking to go on a family holiday. I went with my partner, mum, sister and three month old baby.
We arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm and had to find the receptionist in the bar for our room keys... we were never shown to our room considering it was soo late and we had a young baby.

The lift is so small and can only fit two adults!!!!!!

The rooms were clean, but my mums room just kept falling apart!! on the first night the bed was broken, second night the lights blew in the bathroom, and when i called reception i was told that the handy man had gone home!!!!! and the drama continued for the rest of our holiday.

The strip is about a 15-20min walk and that is through a grotty dark streets.

Reception staff not helpful at all!!!!!!! asking us to pay everytime we wanted to call for a taxi??

We had a group of 20plus young men that made alot of noise everynight and the hotel staff just couldnt control them...

This hotel is definatly for STAG DO'S OR HEN NIGHTS!!!!

There is not a lot of facilities at this hotel!!!!! you have to PAY to use the sauna, jauzzi and steam room?? why??? and there is only one pool table in the games room!!!

You definatly pay for what you get!! if you are looking for a relaxing holiday do not stay at the Choro Mar

Definatly din at the BLUE SKY which is located off the strip.... bargin and fresh food!! highlight of holiday!!

• Travel date: Wed 10th of June 2009

just back from the choromar apts. they...

Reviewed Wed 1st of October 2008

"just back from the choromar apts. they are very defintely just ok. the walk to the strip is approx 15 mins through a ropey res area, unlit and empty at night. definitely wouldnt like my teenager daughters to go there alone!! bar is ok but full of people who get drunk and rarely leave the premises. ate at the bar at lunchtime and its fine, just check your food if you are taking it away. wouldnt rec for young children as there is nothing to do. much better hotels at the other end of the strip for only a fraction more expensive, all in all, its alright but couldnt do a week there!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

I have just come back from a great 2 wee...

Reviewed Thu 25th of September 2008

"I have just come back from a great 2 weeks in Albufeira and at the choro mar with my boyfriend.
The staff at the hotel are absolutely lovely and so friendly even though they do seem to work stupidly long hours. Most evenings we would go out to the strip, which was about a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute car journey for us, for something to eat and a few drinks and then make our way back for the evenings entertainment. There was something every evening, live music, a quiz and also karaoke with Pedro. Pedro was great and got everyone involved and he would come round a have a chat with you.
For places to eat out i would say go the the old town as there is much more there but it is quite busy.
I would recommend Albufeira and the choro mar to anyone and everyone. We loved it that much we're going back next year! "

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

Me and my best mate have just come from...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"Me and my best mate have just come from 10 days in albufeira. We have been there 10 times now and love it, this year we stayed at a different hotel which was Choro Mar. We were very surprised at how nice it was, the staff were extremely friendly, they always organised taxi's for us to the strip so that we didn't have to walk and always offered us help if we needed it. The rooms were extremely clean and the maids cleaned regularly aswell. Ideal hotel for couples or groups I would say, didn't really see any kids there, can get a bit lively with all of the groups around by the pool.

We had no problems at all with this hotel other than we wished we could have stayed longer. The hotel is about a 20 min walk from the strip and a 5 min (not even that) taxi ride away....costing 4 Euros.

The food in the restaurant was always served quickly and was always very nice, especially the half chicken and chips with piri-piri mmmmm :-)

We also had internet access in reception, the TV in our room had the main channels on it including ITV1 and 2, BBC, and sky channels etc....

The supermarket downstairs was brilliant, always plenty in stock at very reasonable prices, lovely staff who were usually British.

Can't see why anyone would complain about this hotel, everything was 100% with it and I plan to go back.

Anyone would enjoy bein at this hotel and in Albufeira, families, couples, groups, you see them all!!!

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

just returned from the choromar appartme...

Reviewed Sun 25th of May 2008

"just returned from the choromar appartments and enjoyed it immensely,the downside is about a 20 min walk to the strip but when you learn the cut throughs it is about 10 min.the rooms are clean and spacious and the maids never stop cleaning there are 4 pools and you can take your pick.if anybody has been to coconuts before dj mash is not there anymore he is now at the choro-bar which is at the top of the strip,they do family fortunes and bingo everynight as well as kids parties and an entertainer every night will certainly be returning to the choromar next year."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of May 2008

Hotels near Choromar Apartments

Top traveller tips for Choromar Apartments

• RonStee by RonStee

"Dont expect the ritz the walk to the strip is not the best of walks just get taxis cou 4 or 5 euros "

• georgina10121 by georgina10121

"go to the strip and the old town "

Choromar Apartments is also called