Good

NOT A PLEASANT STAY HERE

Reviewed Wed 25th of April 2018

"I have just returned from a four night stay at the Atismar and can only say I was very disappointed. On entering the Reception, the person behind the desk was very welcoming, but whilst we were checking in I then started to look about and noticed that the hotel generally looked really grubby and shabby, once we were given the keys to our room we went up in the lift to the 8th floor and found the halls clean and our room was clean, although shabby. After putting our cases in we then went down to the pool area, which I can only describe as sunbathing in your back garden when you havent done your gardening, there were weeds growing up through the stones, the sunbeds were grubby and the whole area needed a lot of attention. On the decking area where you can sit outside, there were cigarette ends in between the decking, which remained there for a couple of days. The restaurant again is shabby but I have to say that the food, although very basic and not a lot of choice was very tasty. I went All inclusive on this holiday and the Bar doesnt open until 11.00 am, not even to get a cofee or a bottle of water and it closes at 10.00 pm in the night. There is no entertainment at this hotel which means you have to go out in the evening or you can sit in the hotel bar, which is grubby, shabby and gloomy. When you do go out it is fabulous, the beach is a stones throw away from the Hotel and there are lots of bars and cafes available. To go on holiday for me is to be excited when I reach my destination and excited about where I am staying, unfortunately, I did not feel like this on this occasion."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2018

Cheapskate hotel !!

Reviewed Tue 5th of January 2016

"Well I certainly wont be staying in this Atismar Hotel again...owing to the food,,it was dreadful, I wouldn't give it to my dog to eat ??..
No selection at all, just same bland menu daily!(other restaurant for me ?)
Table service seemed very uncouth..breezy easy-going scruffy waiters ??
Room was only reasonable,clean but old bed..and a load of mosquitoes.
That feasted on me in the night..(they probably got a better meal) ??
Oh..and no fridge in the room..or WIFI..and when i booked agent said WIFI in all rooms ?????"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of January 2016

My xmas break Mmmmmm

Reviewed Mon 30th of December 2013

"Having just spent 4nights over Xmas in this hotel felt i should write a review,Great location, friendly staff clean room that's about as good as it got, Food was poor all inclusive drinks cheap and only served until 10pm,didn't feel comfortable sitting in bar with some rather unsavory people which spoils the Xmas spirit not only for us but most of the people there especially as later on on Xmas day these people where thrown out of the hotel, thank goodness for the excellent Chinese restaurant which was luckily open on Xmas day, wont be recomening this hotel to any of our friends or ememeis come to that."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of December 2013

overall happy with service

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"stayed in this hotel for a week and overall, really enjoyed it. The food was the only disappointing part of the holiday as it was constantly the same meals throughout the week. Stayed here all inclusive but the alcohol on the all inclusive deals were terrible and tasted very cheap. But the staff were very friendly and spoke very good levels of English. My room was very spacious and lovely. Towels were changed three times a week and extra shampoos and conditioners was topped up regularly. Staff thoroughly cleaned my room every day but when asking the staff to come back in a few hours to clean if I was still in bed was a problem as they disappeared. But even so, enjoyed my self and will definitely come back to this hotel soon."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of December 2012

fantastic xmas 2011

Reviewed Tue 3rd of January 2012

"what a great holiday,we have been to atismar hotel for 7 years at xmas,we always have a great time.hotel is great. rooms are very clean food is very good a good selection,many english moaned about food but thats the english.we never have xmas dinner so if you want one stay at home.one family did spoil it they no who they are.weather was very hot,we recomened you hire a car and go and see the sights.next year we will be back."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of December 2011

I was 7 days at Atismar Hotel /july 2008...

Reviewed Mon 4th of August 2008

"I was 7 days at Atismar Hotel /july 2008/ and must say I would not recommend this place to any of my friends and I am not going to come back here in future. The level of service was very poor, we had almost the same breakfast every morning /without any changes, always exactly the same pork-butcher's meat, the same cheese, not always red ->sometimes green.. tomatoes/. During 7 days we never eated there frutti di mare, only fishes and without bigger choice /one kind of fish for every day:)/. The swimming pool is very small, around pool area there is street and cars, so You can hear and feel sounds typical for city. There are two little lifts /for 11 floors buidling/, getting down if You have room on 9th floor is not easy ;). And one more bad thing - no refrigerator in the room. Last vocations /2007/ I was at great hotel Cala Marsal Club at Mallorca and I found how good it was after I tried Atismar... The only plus I found for Atismar was great beach only 50m away. But whole service and quality of stay was on very low level. I must say I am also suprised about positive comments here, in my eyes this hotel was the worse I ever visited. "

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

We've just stayed for a week at Atismar...

Reviewed Mon 16th of June 2008

"We've just stayed for a week at Atismar hotel and had a fantastic time. Despite what some of the older reviews might suggest the food was lovely with a good selection for breakfast - bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal as well as cold meats and bread rolls. The staff we're most friendly and helpful and the hotel was very clean and well presented.

The hotel is about a 20min walk to the marina at Villamoura and just 2 seconds from a fantastic beach! Although the area is quiet there are some nice bars and restaurants and for a more lively night you can taxi into Villamoura for 5 euros. The casino is definitely worth a visit! Its also worth checking out the live music in the bar at the hotel, there was a fantastic guitarist and the bar staff were up singing along adding to the atmosphere. We will definitely be looking to return and would recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of June 2008

Myself and a friend stayed at the Atisma...

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2008

"Myself and a friend stayed at the Atismar for the weekend. The staff was very friendly to us and made our stay very welcoming.

It was my friend's 30th Birthday and they surprised her with House Champers which was extremely kind, free of charge.

The rooms were clean, tidy and the breakfast was fine with me, although other people seem to have found a problem with it.

I was truely happy with the service they provided and would stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2008

The worst hotel I have ever had the misf...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"The worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in.

I was allocated a room already occupied by a couple in bed! I was then re-allocated to a room with what appeared to be fecal matter floating in the toilet, despite a label across the lid informing me that the toilet had been disinfected for my security.

As it was a cold evening, I turned on the reverse aircon to be enveloped in a black cloud of dust and dead insects. The hotel reluctantly sent in a cleaner the following day.

The food was apalling, consisting of ham cheese etc at breakfast, exactly the same every day, no yoghurt or fruit, cheap cereals and often stale bread and rolls.

The evening meals were worse, 6 out of ten were hake fish and if you didnt eat it one night it would apear to arrive again soon coated in batter. Another offering was stewed salmon.

The so called meat choice was very poor often looking dry and hard. The crockery was chipped, the cutlery often dirty and bent out of shape, not surprising after trying to cut the meat.

The pasta choice was just that, boiled pasta usually without any kind of sauce and no other noticeable ingredients.

The hotel was descibed as recently refurbished with radio, direct dial telephone and satelite television. There was no radio in my room.

The direct dial phone did not work and the tv had no remote, the hotel could not supply one that worked despite several attempts."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

We found the Hotel Atismar clean and the...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"We found the Hotel Atismar clean and the staff very friendly but the food for the most part was inedible.

In fact one night someone shouted out after trying to cut the Pork rib, I have found a name here it says DUNLOP and the residents laughed at the remark.

The only dinner we enjoyed was the boiled whole potatoes with butter and a few sprouts and you do not get free fruit juice to have with Dinner or water on the table to drink. Salad was offered for dinner instead of cooked food.

Breakfast was continental style but if you wanted toast you had a long wait as the toaster was inadequate to cope with demand.

If you book Transfers from airport to hotel make sure you have booked hotel to airport, as you could miss your flight back home if you have not checked the Transfer. Taxi's are reasonable and we were charged 23 Euros for 4 of us to airport.

As the Atismar hotel is central it would be a good idea to book the hotel for accommodation only and eat out at one of the many restaurants in the area and use the hotel as a base.

On our last day we went to a restaurant and had bacon, egg, sausage, chips, small salad, tomato, and a slice of bread and butter with a large coffee, and for 12 Euros - was worth every penny for 2 meals on large plates.

You are NOT allowed to use Hotel towels at the swimming pool but to use your own towels. If you need a taxi a charge is made for using the telephone.

The Hotel has Internet facilities, but it is very expensive to use, and it is much better to use an Internet cafe which charges 1 Euro for 20 minutes on line."

• Travel date: Thu 4th of January 2007

We just got home from this holiday. I wo...

Reviewed Thu 4th of January 2007

"We just got home from this holiday. I wouldn't ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

The accommodation was fine. The staff were too, but the 'Food' wasn't fit for my dog, good job he wasn't there.

There wasn't any choice at all for breakfast. Cereal, toast, and cold meats (dodgy as to what sort this was) and sliced cheese. Watered down powdered fruit juice, (Oranges were being sold at 5 Kilo's for 1 Euro at roadside stalls).

The cereal was 'cornflakes', some chocolate looking things, and muesli, which ran out and wasn't replaced as they didn't have any!

Evening meal was watery soup of indistinguishable origin although it had a title... then either one meat dish, or one fish dish to choose from. Both cooked abominably, and uneatable. We had boiled potatoes once in the week which made a nice meal if you like them with butter on.

This was the best meal of the week! The rare veg we got was soggy, pasta was tasteless. The chips were awful.

Sweet was something else, if you could get any, as it appeared they acquired so much of the best one which was terrible anyway, then substituted with left-overs from previous day or even the day before!

We did get some days with Melon, but when that ran out after three days, that also wasn't replenished. One word weighs it up...weight-watchers no problems!"

The Atismar experience

Good
Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Having just come home from a weeks stay in the Atismar hotel, here is our review. Location-Good. 2 mins walk from the beach. Staff - Friendly and mostly English speaking. Accomodation- Good, clean and plently of room for 2: bathroom-toilet,bath,beday and shower. Food- Not so good. We opted for half board but only eat in resturant upon arrival. Buffet style school dinners. Plenty of it if your hungary: Quantity rather than quality. Breakfast is cereal,meats and cheeses. We found some good reaturants only 5-10 mins walk away- fillet steaks for 12.50 euros(very good!). Overall we enjoyed our stay and would look to stay in the neighbouring town of Vilamoura- a must visit."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of August 2006

Hotels near Hotel Atismar

Top traveller tips for Hotel Atismar

• zabadak by zabadak

"make the hotel a bit more lively !! friendly!! "

• Shahnaz B by Shahnaz B

"stay in this hotel if you are going as a family or a couple otherwise if going to have fun with friends then i suggest staying in vilamoura "

• Rosemary R by Rosemary R

"A lot better food and satalite tv in rooms as the weather was also not good "

Hotel Atismar is also called