worst appartments ever

Reviewed Sun 29th of July 2012

"the hotel was very basic, They are miles away from the beach or any shops we got told it was a 3 star but its only a 2 a very bad 2 no air-conditioning no currency exchange no bikes to rent no wifi no entertainment as it says when reading about hotel appartments are scruffy beds horobile, we had are son whos 3 an he was taller than the balcony with was broken in nearly every appartment part of it is just mesh wire, can just about fit 3 people in the lifts , cleaning ladies dont clean it they just throw clean towels in every few days,couldnt turn the taps off on sink or bath, pool is tiny an in the shade most of the day and full of locals who just come an use pool when they want, staff are so rude and un-helpfull,and do not eat at this hotel in 1night 5 people had food poisoning, if you have got kids then avoid this place its so unsafe"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2012

Summer Holiday 4 girls age 21

Reviewed Tue 6th of September 2011

"We booked our room at Mirachoro last minute via teletext holidays. We paid £309 overall. Having read the reviews we had little expectations but were pleasantly surprised. On arrival the staff were very friendly and happy to provide us with local information regarding bars and restaurants, even drawing us a map to the supermarket. The room was large and clean but as there were four of us, two of us had to sleep in the kitchen. The fridge was very loud and kept me awake but the sofa bed was comfortable. We had a narrow balcony that could not really fit us all on and we only had two chairs. We decided to cook in the room a few nights but this was difficult as there was not enough cutlery for four people.

The rooms were cleaned everyday and the maids were pleasant. The towels were changed and the beds made. For a 2 star hotel the service was brilliant the staff went out of their way to help us, providing us with bottle openers, a tin opener and local taxi information.

We went to the beach most days as the pool is quite small and shady. The beach is lovely and really pretty. We hired sun beds from the beach bar and they came with umbrellas. When my friend had sun stroke the staff from the bar were extremely helpful at looking after her and even got the local 'beach police' to come and give us a lift to the apartments from the beach! The beach is about 25minutes walk from the apartment but there is a shuttle. Get there early- there is always a queue and people get rude!

We went out at night and the restaurants were really nice and good value. For young people there is not a lot of nightlife, there are bars but the atmosphere is very relaxed in comparison to places like Zante or Kavos. However there is a really cool club on the beach and also the club Kathedral had an offer of five euros entry and free drinks till 3.30am for all girls!

One downside to this holiday was a mugging incident that took place outside the hotel on the road in the early hours of the morning. A group of young foreign men (possibly not Portuguese) ran up behind us as we were walking home and restrained my friend whilst another stole her bag. As we shouted after them and attempted to run we got the attention of other people on the street and luckily the bag was thrown into the road and the men ran away. However I think that it is important to state that we did not feel particularly safe as a group of young girls. There are a lot of men in cars leering at you and we were warned by another guest to be aware of these men.

Despite this we had a good holiday and I would stay at Mirachoro again. The resort was lovely and the water park slide and splash is a good day out! "

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2011

Horrible people rip off

Reviewed Wed 11th of August 2010

"12 of us stayed here in 3 rooms, we booked through 1800 hotels but they went bankrupt, so we had no rooms when we got there after a big argument because they would not do it for the same price, we had to pay another £500 for a week, it's disgusting how these people profit from our missfortune!!! The staff are very miserable and unhelpfull, the rooms never get cleaned, it's miles from the beach, the lift's are crap even though there's 7 floors. The only good bit was a friendly bar called the terrace which was a 2 minute walk away!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of July 2010

worst apartments ever

Reviewed Wed 10th of November 2010

"we visted these apartments and when they got there we never expected anything like this.As soon as we saw it I said to the thomsons representitive that i wasnt happy with the accomodation and she said it isnt as bad as it looks.she was wrong.i was there with my two daughters,ages 3 and 12 and my husband.The balconey on the room we had was top floor and broken,my 3 year old nearly fell over it.my other was asthmatic and could not breath as the room had no air-conditioning as promised by thomsons and were also told it was a 3 star hotel but found out it was only a 2 star hotel.we contacted thomsons but they were no help at all.One night after a night out we came back and there was a disgusting smell from the apartment coming from the drains.The four of us were all cramed in one room as the other room smelled so bad.Fortunately the staff in the hotel were excellent and listened to us unlike thomsons and therefore moved us to their 4 star hotel in carviero.it was like the two hotels were owned by completely different people, it was beautiful!! I advise NO ONE with kids to go here, we were forunate enough to move but if we hadnt been moved I would rather left the lovely country and went home.awful hotel..."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of March 2010

Ms.

Reviewed Fri 10th of October 2008

"Myself and my boyfriend stayed here last month. It was fantastic! The apartments were so clean and spacious. The majority of the staff were very friendly.

The shopping centre was just a 10 minute walk down the road.

The only problem I had was the apartments and their location was with the courtesy bus. It ran up until 5pm and that was it. When were in Italy the bus ran up until midnight. Taxis are cheap so it's not a major problem but I feel 5pm is a bit unreasonable.

The apartments are a good 20 minute walk from Praia Da Rocha - so if you're not willing to walk or pay for a taxi, then these apartments are not for you. "

• Travel date: Thu 9th of October 2008

brill i enjoyed it alot the rooms were...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"brill i enjoyed it alot the rooms were basic very homey and shopping center 10 minutes away ,slide and splash(water park) around 5 miles that would intrest youngs Sswimming pool small but nice and clean.The staff are very helpful and are there 24 hours, every morning maids clean your room put clean towels and more, geusts are very nice,kind and helpful"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

brill all the staff were very nice indee...

Reviewed Tue 29th of July 2008

"brill all the staff were very nice indeed thay were up 24 hours pool ok ,food loverly, everything was great my room was basic very homey try it kides would love it oh waterpark brill you should go ,shopping center 10 minutes away aswll mc d's was 10 minutes away to had lots of fun it was 3 star and i think it should be 5 star abosuley brill great for familys i did and had a wonderful time!!"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

IF YOU ARE GOING TO THESE APARTMENTS YOU...

Reviewed Fri 25th of July 2008

"IF YOU ARE GOING TO THESE APARTMENTS YOU NEED TO READ THIS !
these apartments were disaster ! if you have childdren under the age of 6 you can forget about it !
it is miles from the beach and town !
i have 3 daughters age 2,3 and 6 and the first evening we arrived we decided to walk to the town and it was a disaster ! it took us 3 quarters of an hour to walk there , and my kids were pulling out of us asking us to lift them up in the heat !
we got back to the apartments eventually, and decided to go for a swim in the pool ! the childrens pool would not fit 10 goldfish in it and there was dead flies and leaves in it !
and the other pool is not much bigger ! ! there is no lifeguard incase some child falls in to the deep end.
it is very quiet and at night time the bar is very very quiet ! cans of coke or fanta etc is 2 euro and only 66 cent at ali supermarket a few minutes drive away ! every evening we got a taxi in and out of the town to get a bite to eat ! and we spent hundreds of euros getting taxis in and out every day !
i have been to the algarve 5 times and never ever came accross something as bad as this! !
i would recommend the clube praia da rocha ! it is full of life unlike mirachoro and it has a big pool with a slide ! there is even a supermarket downstairs if you want to buy a drop of milk also it is in the town ! and about a 5 min walk to the beach and the shops on the promenade . also at night there is lots of entertainment , like kiddies discos , parrot shows and magicians !

in mirachoro on the 2nd morning my husband and i decided to get our breakfast in the bar and got a full irish breakfast . and it was the worst i ever got, the eggs were not cooked right and the sausages were terrible! i could not eat it so i ordered a toasted ham and cheese sandwich ,the lady behind the bar did not hear me correct and gave me a ham and cheese sandwich not toasted i told her that i asked for it toasted and she said that will be another 3 euros , it was a disgrace !
the 3rd day we went to the safari and that was truly the highlight of the holiday ! i would recommend you try this at least once in a life-time !
the praia da rocha beach is magnificent !

there was 5 of us so we had to get 2 rooms ! they were rooms 10 and 12 ! i have to admit, they were very spacious and the maids came to give fresh towls every day !
the staff at reception are very rude ,, there is a coloured girl and noting could make her smile , one morning i said to her its very hot today ! and she said do you have a problem with that .
a courtesy bus operates now and again 6 days a week to go to the beach , which is very handy !

restaurants in the town i would highly recommend restaurant squash which does amazing seafood !!! or if you like to keep it casual , the sitting bull is great if you want to get good grub for a good price !
you have to try the salmon and seabass at restaurant sol !
about a 10 minute walk is a big shopping centre called continente ! it has a huge super market and there is nice shops with good sales !
if you have small kids , bring them to slide and splash for a day ! it has a great pool area for kids !

overall the holiday was ok , , but will never ever step foot at mrachoro ii again !
you are only wasteing your money going there ! i wouldnt just put down a comment for nothing ,i am not lying, i am trying to prevent people from wasting there money there!
i recommend this kip for a couple who want a peaceful weekend in the sun 1
dont go there other wise !

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

the hotel was very basic, it only had a...

Reviewed Sun 13th of July 2008

"the hotel was very basic, it only had a bar area and reception, no entertainment at night and the bar food was pretty grotty serving microwave food, the rooms were big but basic, had everything you needed, the maids only swept the floor, not once did we have towels or bedding changed, i would not recommend to families as the beach, nightlife, supermarkets and resturants are all about a 20-25 minute walk away. the beach well and truely made the holiday, best beach i have ever been to. overall had a great holiday, like i said hotel was basic but at the end of the day all you do is sleep in there, would recommend going to priaia da rocha but not if your looking for a lively nightlife."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of July 2008

I would not reccomend these appartments....

Reviewed Sun 8th of June 2008

"I would not reccomend these appartments. They are miles away from the beach and there is not even a shop or a bar around for 15 mins. I enjoyed the whole holidays itself. the appartment was not cleaned properly and our sheets were never changed. i had to force the cleaning lady to change them. it was disgusting.
The pool is tiny. I have to say i have vistited alot of appartments in different countries and this was the worst accomadation i was ever provided. It would put me off ever travelling with Budget Travel again. On the plus side it was good holiday. I am not one to moan at all and would normally write good reviews about different places..
Before i went i read the reviews and they were terrible..

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2008

I thought it was a nice hotel because it...

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2007

"I thought it was a nice hotel because its has a alright size pool and has a bar that sells food till 12 o’clock at night. The staff are very nice, clean your room every day and the hotel is not high up and its a 10 min walk from McDonalds and a huge shopping centre. The hotel is about 10 min walk from the town but you’d better ask for directions first at the reception and you can get a taxi as well.

I brought my kids with me and they loved the hotel so don’t listen to the other ones if you’re like me and you’re not picky.I would definitely stay there next time I go.

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

I went with my partner for two weeks. T...

Reviewed Sat 25th of August 2007

"I went with my partner for two weeks. The apartments were very basic; the cleaners come everyday but do nothing or even give you fresh towels, just brush the floor.

The only entertainment is karaoke which isn’t any good and the crowd come three times a week. The pool area is very small, nothing for children there.

The town itself is good for the first few days but all the pubs have the same thing every night and it gets very boring. The Temple Bar in the town is good but again can get very boring.

I recommend to have a holiday somewhere else; I have spoken to many people at the pool area and they have said the same - If you would like come to visit Portugal I would advise make it a one week holiday.

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Hotels near Hotel Apartamentos Mirachoro II

Top traveller tips for Hotel Apartamentos Mirachoro II

• Paul D by Paul D

"just go somewere else there awfull "

Hotel Apartamentos Mirachoro II is also called