Clube Praia da Rocha

Avenida das Comunidades Lusiadas, Praia da Rocha, Portimao 8500-809 Portugal

Good

how can you call this hotel all inclusive!!?

Reviewed Fri 29th of July 2016

"First off,I have never in my 51 years ever written a review of a holiday hotel before so that must tell you something! This hotel is not what it is made out to be! The rooms are old and dank,the bathrooms are old and enamel coming off the bath. There is dust and cobwebs everywhere. The fridge should have been replaced years ago the sink and drainer were dirty the boiler leaked and kept us awake dripping along with all the noise outside the wardrobes were 2 pieces of sliding wood with 2 draws shoved in at the bottom the curtains had holes in them. We had to pay €10 deposit and then €1 a day for a kettle €10 a week if we wanted Internet and then you had to go to reception to use it €1 pp per day for sunbeds and another €1 if you wanted a brolly €20 deposit for TV remote and another €1 a day. 50 cent for the hotel to call a taxi for you...spirits were €2.50 per shot before 8pm and then free till 11pm you could have beer and wine through the day. The breakfast dinner and tea was self service. The only other thing you could have during the day was burgers or ham or cheese roll from 3.30 till 5pm. Ice cream for the kids was €2.50. The food was nothing to write home about but if your willing to try you won't starve! This is more like full board NOT all inclusive. . Needless to say we won't be going back!!"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2016

Reviewed Wed 27th of July 2016

"I'm sick of some people saying you get what you pay for,myself my niece and nephew stayed at this hotel for 12 nights all inclusive and paid over a thousand pound hotel only and we had to eat out everyday food was not nice or it was cold chips were nice,can't live on chips juice and lager was nice spirit's I did not like children had to pay for slush drinks no ice cream at food time's for kids,the rooms were poor but OK you have to put notice on your door if you want your room cleaned,witch we did not no until last day had to ask for clean towels and bedding,pool area was good for kid's but it is a salt water pool and most of the staff were lovely if our going go self catering and eat out there is a wee bar next door to hotel lovely wee couple maria and her husband do lovely breakfast and toasties very cheap and nice and pool table just a lovely wee couple will go back but not to this hotel sorry..."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2016

Disgusting

Reviewed Tue 23rd of June 2015

"I have never wrote a bad review as am easily pleased........but this warrants a review so you know what you are letting yourself in for. The rooms are filthy, I was there for 6 nights never had my towels or bedding changed the whole time. All inclusive....... Really...... Had to pay a euro for a sunbed and a euro for a brolly. Never heard of that before. Food the queue was about half hour hour wait to get into the food hall....no air conditioning so it's boiling....the food well all I can say is we ate in there twice just to make sure the first time it was just a bad day. No it was the same the second time so we spent all our meal times out of the hotel. The bar you cannot get shorts until 8 p.m and all inclusive is served until 11 p.m....so basically it's beer wine or soft drinks until 8. Believe the wingers because they are speaking the truth. This hotel is out to make as much money as possible for as little as they can give you in return.....so do yourself a favor give it a miss because you are missing nothing. I would rather have saved my money and stayed at home. Never ever again."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2015

Great hotel, don't listen to the whingers!

Reviewed Tue 6th of May 2014

"I have stayed at Club Praia Da Rocha over 20 times. I am 41 years old and have been coming here since I was 18. It really annoys me that this lovely hotel gets such a slating. It is a lovely place. Yes, it does need a lick of paint but so what? The rooms are very cheap and people expect 4 star! The rooms are ALWAYS clean. If there is a problem, the staff sort it out immediately. The food is very nice. It can be a little repetitive, BUT there is always something nice to eat. I am a vegetarian and I can always find something to eat. The homemade soups are divine.

The internet does work and if it doesn't, then ASK a member of staff who will always help.

The one thing that stands out about Club Praia Da Rocha in all my visits there, is how rude and nasty some English people are to the staff. I find it quite upsetting as many of the staff have been there for many years. They are lovely and welcoming and they get spoken to like dirt. I've heard English people call them 'foreign scum' (In THEIR country!), click their fingers at staff and generally try and talk down to the reception staff. I can honestly say, I have NEVER been spoken to rudely there.

It has the perfect location, a few minutes walk form the glorious beach. The long promenade of shops and restaurants lead to a beautiful new marina and the ruins of an old fort. Ten minuteswalk away is Portimao with it's abundance of shops.

My children and I feel home at this hotel. It is lovely and the staff are lovely too. We have just booked to go again in October 2014 and I have absolutely no doubt we will once again have a fantastic holiday. We always try and book here.

Don't judge this beautiful hotel by the whingers who want to pay for water and receive champagne! "

• Travel date: Tue 6th of May 2014

Cheap and cheerful

Good
Reviewed Tue 6th of May 2014

"Everything about this hotel is basic and must say not happy that you have to hire all most everything as extra !!! On the plus side staff really friendly food basic but location of hotel great and it's only somewhere to sleep. Get out and enjoy the area ."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of May 2014

AWFUL!!

Reviewed Fri 28th of March 2014

"Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a week here and I can tell you it was awful!!
We nicknamed the food SLOP! I am sure prisoners in England get fed better, it is disgusting. we did eat there literally because we couldn't afford to eat out every evening (the food in restaurants wasn't much better)
We are not picky, choosey snobby people believe me, but we do expect a certain standard for a 3 star hotel. in my opinion this is a 1 star!
The apartment was large, but the bathroom had me scared to have a shower in as it was soooooooooooooo old and manky!!
if you want ANY appliances, TV remote etc you have to pay for it.
internet you have to pay for (which doesn't even work)
to confirm your transfer you have to pay for (WHAT A JOKE?!)
the only thing good about this area is the beach, we went out of season so it was to be expected.
We didn't even attempt going in the dirty freezing pool.
the staff were unhelpful, we passed our key over on our check out he pointed outside and just said your transfer , no goodbye thanks see you again or anything. pretty much found everyone in the hotel and the area tried to swindle us out of money in one way or the other.
oh and the wild dogs that roam the street, lovely.
And the people constantly trying to sell you drugs or dodgy stuff!
All in all it was a terrible experience, and we will never be staying in this disgusting, dirty, old manky hotel again... DO NOT BELIEVE the FAKE reviews saying 10 out of 10, even the chavviest chav would surely have some expectation higher than this (oh and trust me chav central)
everyone we spoke to in the hotel at the same time as us complained, looked depressed and agreed that it was awful, so definitely know that the other reviews must be fake or maybe there was some kind of miracle that day those people stayed LOL yeah right!
NEVER AGAIN!!! Soooooooooooo glad to be home (and it was 4degrees and raining when we got bk)"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of March 2014

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Thu 20th of June 2013

"We had 7 nights for about £130 for a studio apartment ,which is good value. The apartments were poorly equipped ,no kettle,toaster,tin opener,bottle opener .all had to be hired . Towels only changed once. Bedding not changed at all, beds were bunk beds just separate .
Location was good,pools were ok, plenty good restaurant and pub around ,which were very fairly priced. Would stay again as location was good and apartment were good value ."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of June 2013

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Thu 20th of June 2013

• Travel date: Sat 15th of June 2013

great value holiday

Reviewed Thu 11th of April 2013

"We have just arrived back from a weeks all inclusive holiday at the Clube Praia de Rocha.
Having read the reviews we wondered what we had let our selves in for. What we experienced was a outstanding value holiday. If you are the sort of person who looks for faults or expects a 5star holiday for a one star price this is not the hotel for you.
If you want friendly staff, plentiful drinks, adequate food all be It with a slightly limited choice and sometimes a hotel showing its age but with a great pool and good atmosphere in a excellent location then you’ll have a good holiday at the Clube Praia de Rocher. Would we go back? Yes like a shot.

• Travel date: Mon 8th of April 2013

my view

Reviewed Thu 11th of April 2013

"i went with me and my freind just got backweather briliant,food was good you go on holiday to try different things and how countries do different things,so stay at home if you dont like difference,hotel staff was lvely,night life was calm,it even has snacks for chidren of burgers and hotdogs if chidren do not eat there countries style of food,was enough beer,and the club poeple complained about is a all fmily suit were entertainment was,which is a childrens fun room duing day with indoor pool,so were just meant to sit round at night with children fed up,it for families,iam going back with my children,weather hot take sun cream,for a budjet ALL NCLUSIVE,i recomend it,you,ll have to pay for bigger things,as i said iam going back ith my children,would i put my kids at risk and take them,from us lot from preston,WE LOVED THE SHORT BREAK,on a budget"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of April 2013

good holiday

Reviewed Wed 13th of February 2013

"went to these apartments in september 2012 with my mother whose 76 my daughters 15 and 1 my sister and two friends, yes the apartments are a bit dated but where clean and had everything we needed microwave wasnt working but staff replaced it straight away. We where self catering so ate out quite a lot entertaintment was very good every evening staff were brillant
couldnt fault anything but doing up the decor a bit, great holiday over all great pub around the corner called dalys bar will go back to these apartments very reasonable price for what you get."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of February 2013

Good value for money

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"Great value for money, yes the rooms are a little dated but very spacious which is great. The food and drinks were fine and entertainment for what we paid for. Towels changed every day, bed a bit hard. Not sure how people can complain for what you pay for this hotel. If you want four or five star then pay for it and stay elsewhere!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of November 2012

Hotels near Clube Praia da Rocha

Stayed at Clube Praia da Rocha? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Clube Praia da Rocha

• elaine221167 by elaine221167

"dont go unless u like living in dirty places "

• caolan by caolan

"excellent for all ages nad absolutely amazin beaches "

• caolan by caolan

"twiins irish bar best pub ever "

•  K Mc Carthy by  K Mc Carthy

"Athlantis and Hollywood are the best restaurants and Aqua Land and Zoo Marine are great day trips. "

• andymartin2009 by andymartin2009

"o'baros, twiins, fagins "

• OliviaMummy by OliviaMummy

"Hollywood Steak House, Zoo Marina "

• kellie and raymie by kellie and raymie

"Suitable for families and couples....great atmosphrere "

• jane by jane

"You have to go and see it for your selves "

• emmielou by emmielou

"Nice weather and lovely Beaches!! "

• harrymoo by harrymoo

"Not to go with a family in june "

• Lilywhites by Lilywhites

"Nice resort, beautiful beach, friendly people, no insects, would go back there "

• suzyQ by suzyQ

"Loved Praia Da Rocha,, a lovely small holiday resort "

• lozymaman by lozymaman

"best beach ive been on "

• Connie by Connie

"I don't recommend for families "

• richie by richie

"lovely beach and lovely people "

• dogs dinner by dogs dinner

"dont bother go elsewhere "

• wilderose by wilderose

"Very good value, 3 star "

• Jazz by Jazz

"Dont go you'll hate it "

• john l by john l

"go to the beach best ever "

• ERLS by ERLS

"Treat it as it is - a cheap place to put your head and make the most of it "

Clube Praia da Rocha is also called