About Muthu Clube Praia da Oura

• sauna
  • paid internet
  • kids club

Good

Very big, very busy, very basic.

Reviewed 26th August 2018

"The hotel is far bigger and busier than I expected. The staff on the front desk are painfully slow and inefficient. We queued for 45 minutes to check in and staff didn’t apologise or see any need to even act busy at times. This was the same every time we went to the front desk. Staff at the bars were far better though. They were so friendly and far more efficient than those on the front desk. They remembered your regular drink orders and made you feel very welcome. The all inclusive food is terrible. Odd mixtures and bland sides. Luckily we were only there for 4 days but pretty much had chips and bread every day because everything else was disgusting. The all inclusive is only really worth it if you plan on getting your money through the drinks but they restrict you on what drinks you can have in the deal, you’re also not allowed to take them to your room for some reason. Other than bar staff the only saving grace was the rooms are clean, beds comfortable and air con worked well."

• Travel date: 1st August 2018

Disgusting unclean rooms, poor service

Reviewed 6th October 2016

"We stayed at the Club Praia da Oura from 15th-24th Sept 2016. We booked a 'Superior' double room with either a Pool or Sea view, Bed & breakfast. Arrived at 12md on the 15th, the room was made available at 1.30pm. Checked into room 227 which was far from Superior; in fact it would be classed as very poor - no sea or pool view, very smelly, unclean and mold present; 2 single camp beds. Our view was the white wall of a stairwell. When I raised my complaint I was offered the ONLY other double room available !!!!, but we had to wait until 5.30pm to check in. 1st day of our holiday was completely wasted waiting to book into a cleaner ‘Superior double room’ room. Again, this was supposed to be a 'Superior' double room, (Room 532). This was dirty, there was a build-up of dirt, grime and scum, the shower was a mere trickle, the curtains were stained, they were hanging off the curtain track which had mold present and there were 2 single camp beds (no double beds as guaranteed), the furniture was old and worn, the bathroom fan was disgusting, the maid service consisted of our beds changed once and towels and room 'cleaned' and bins emptied twice within 10 days. The pool area was clean although the Jacuzzi had a disgusting scum present. The breakfast was poor and the choice was not varied. I am absolutely horrified by the poor maid service and room cleanliness. No upgrade was offered and I was aware of other guests who were upgraded to refurbished, clean one bedroom apartments in the days following my complaints. My complaints were not addressed at all. The reception staff were unpleasant and constantly appeared miserable, possibly because of the numerous complaints which were being made by hotel guests. I would never stay at this hotel again. I am totally dissatisfied with the cleanliness and facilities within the rooms and am not happy that I had to stay in this room for the duration of my stay. During check-out I again mentioned my complaints which were passed off, they were not even discussed by the receptionist. "

• Travel date: 5th October 2016

Disgusting unclean rooms, poor service

Reviewed 17th October 2016

"'Superior' double room booked with either Pool or Sea view & Bed & breakfast. Arrived at 12md, room available at 1.30pm. Checked into room 227 which was far from Superior; in fact it would be classed as very poor - no sea or pool view, very smelly, unclean and mold present; 2 single camp beds. Our view was the wall of a stairwell. When I raised my complaint I was offered the ONLY other double room available !!!!, but we had to wait until 5.30pm to check in. 1st day of our holiday completely wasted waiting to book into a clean ‘Superior double room’ room. Again, this was supposed to be a 'Superior' double room, (Room 532). This was dirty, there was a build-up of dirt, grime and scum, the shower was a mere trickle, the curtains were stained, they were hanging off the curtain track which had mold present and there were 2 single camp beds (no double beds as guaranteed), the furniture was old and worn, the bathroom fan was disgusting, the maid service consisted of our beds changed once and towels and room 'cleaned' and bins emptied twice within 10 days. The pool area was clean although the Jacuzzi had a disgusting scum present. The breakfast was poor and the choice was not varied. I am absolutely horrified by the poor maid service and room cleanliness. No upgrade was offered and I was aware of other guests who were upgraded to refurbished, clean one bedroom apartments following my complaints. My complaints were not addressed at all. The reception staff were unpleasant and constantly appeared miserable, possibly because of the numerous complaints by hotel guests. I would never stay at this hotel again. "

• Travel date: 2nd October 2016

Perfect spot

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Clube praia da oura (cpo) is the place to be in Algarve in the winter . You don't have to move off the complex if you don,'t want or have to as it had everything on the doorstep. Supermarket, bars , games rooms, jacuzzi,'s (outdoor) sauna, bowling green which is a fantastic meeting point as has a lovely sun terrace with sea view. It overlooks the beach. Evening entertainment is well arranged with plenty to do for all personalities. The rooms while not huge, are adequate size and so easy to keep warm in the evenings as it does drop chilly, and as the day time is so warm you do tend to feel the nip. There is a lovely walk to the,old town takes about 25 minutes on the main coast road if you have good shoes ans agilebyou can try the cliff top walk. The strip is on the doorstep with a good selection of bars and restaurants although many closed in winter as its the party place where all the young ones go . Re.. restaurants ask about there are guests who return year after year and no all the good eating places good value for money and where the locals go . I suggest ill'capuccino near the library and jorges behind the big pingo doce supermarket. The regular clients can tell you alot about the area and things to do , a regular couple advised us about travelling to the complex, they used yellowfishtransfers ,who meet you at the airport an collect you on return day. Its a very good service and the cars are easy to spot as they sport a great big yellow fish on the front and side.drivers spesk English too. The cpo is ideal as the flight is only a few hours and quite cheap as easy jet and ryan air fly there. The taxi ride is then only half hour , the sun shines most of the time although you may have a few spots of rain but nothing like uk."

• Travel date: 30th October 2012

Very good place

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We stayed here for the 2nd time now ,we used to stay at cpo but it was too " hi de hi" for us. Oura praia is more low key. We also feel safer there as it has a central reception. The apartments are larger and have air con which is nice and warm on the winter evenings . In cpo its a fan heater or mobile radiator neither are great ! We fly from Mancheater with monarch . The complex organise a shuttle transfer for you too with a crowd called yellowfishtransfers they are very good .it is possible to book independantly on their website if you prefer then you will get a private taxi. We do this when we travel with my brother and wife as it works out cheaper than 4 people on the shuttle. It is lovely in the winter as there is still plenty of places open . If you get tired of the immediate area there is also the complex bus or a taxi to Albufeira. The complex is home to alot of older people in winter . People come there year in year out to stay for 3 monthes or so . Its very sociable ."

• Travel date: 29th October 2012

AMAZING Holiday... Best place ever!

Reviewed 21st July 2012

"We have just got back from 10 days in Albufeira. All i am going to say is i don't know where all these other people are staying but we had 1 studio and 1 apartment and they were both absolutly huge!! Although we where at the back of the complex it was a 2min walk to pool, 5min walk to beach, 30secs to the supermarket and 5mins from the main strip. Amazing apartments with sun loungers on the balcony so you don't even have to leave the apartment if you don't want to. We only had one knock on the door about time shares but after we said no they stayed well away. I do agree with other reviews about the sunbeds.. we had to lay on the grass most days and watch for people to leave as people reserved them very early. Albufeira is a beatiful area and the people are soo friendly. The Strip is perfect for a family meal with the food being very cheap and sooo yummy. After 10 the strip then turns into a mini magaluf but a lot better.. great atmosphere, no fights, a mix of cultures, amazing bar staff and cheap drinks. If you are in family with younger children i suggest a 15min train ride for 2euros to the old town. It is a beautiful place with great food, great bars, street entertainment and market stalls. We had a few chilly nights as the wind had picked up but the last few days were very hot, although our apartments never became hot. I was extremely upset to come home and we are all definatly going back very soon."

• Travel date: 20th July 2012

Hot tiny apartment, shame as lovely resort!

Reviewed 30th August 2011

"We are just back from two weeks at this resort, but would not recommend it or stay again. The Studio apartment we were offered at first was like an oven and the size of my small lounge with too much furniture. When I opened the door I nearly passed out with the heat, no shade near it at all and away from the pool and sea, After complaining to reception we were moved to 108 near the sea on the ground floor. Still tiny, but much better with a sea breeze and a hedge for shade, but still needed the fan running day and night. This resort badly needs air conditioning! On the up side the resort is well maintained and the staff helpful and friendly. Only one pool though with too few sunbeds. Sun beds on the beach are expensive, most people buy cheap sun shades (5 euros at the pool shop) and lie on towels. Cafe on the beach lovely, great Kebabs! Watch out for the rocks in the sea, recommend beach shoes. The Algarve is lovely but would recommend Lagos or Vilamoura, as far prettier, with nice areas to eat and relax in the evening. This resort is too close to the Strip, trashy, loud and full of partying teenagers, not suitable for families. In summary an out dated time share resort in bad need of refurbishment and AIR CONDITIONING! "

• Travel date: 26th August 2011

Warning

Reviewed 26th August 2011

"Booked CPO just two weeks before departure. Just wanted a short break in the sunshine. On arrival checked in. we were then shown to our studio by the porter. The location of the studio was lovely, situated on the ground floor at the back of the complex over looking the beach which was only a minute, or so walk. The studio itself was adequate for me and my 13 year old son. There was a few baby cockroaches crawling out of crevices, but there was some raid in the broom cupboard (not pleasant). They seemed to dissapear after a few days. We booked half board which was very good value for money at £15.99 per person, per day. The breakfast and evening meal was very good. All buffet, but it was different hot food every night with multiple choices. On our second night we slept with the patio doors open due to having no air conditioning. Big mistake. At 05.50 I was woken by a noise on the patio area. A man had come into the studio and had taken my bag from the furthest chair in the studio. He had started to go through the bag in the apartment and then decided to take it to the patio area and shake it upside down which made the noise to wake me. I was fortunate i had taken all valuables and monies out and put them in the safe. I pulled back the curtain and saw what he was doing. I screamed at him and he jumped over the wall and ran to the direction of the beach. I called security which seemed to take their time, so i locked my son in the appartment and chased him with a kitchen knife. The police were called as I insisted. To be honest, the hotel staff and security were not really bothered. I asked to see the CCTV footage as they do advertise the complex is covered by, it was declined. They did admit the back of the hotel has a camera but it is too high to cover the ground floor apartments. They have security cameras in the restaurant so you don't take food out and camera's at the pool area so you don't take li-lows in, but the most vulnerable part of the complex there is no CCTV coverage to protect their guests. This man had been spotted earlier by police, as i didn't see his face only the back of him they couldn't pick him up. If the camera's had been operational the police could had arrested him. It didn't spoil the holiday as the location and food were great. Funnily enough i would go back again. "

• Travel date: 24th August 2011

Great Holiday

Reviewed 27th May 2011

"We stayed at the CPO for a week, we booked a one bedroom apt, great size,had every thing you need to selfcater. Full size fridge/freezer, combi oven/microwave. Very clean. Only a 5 min to the main strip,great for youngesters. Beach is a five min walk through the complex. Food served around the pool was very good,staff helpful and cheerful. Going back in June. Cant wait. Debbie Hertfordshire"

• Travel date: 26th May 2011

Stiflingly hot (no air con) apartment and noisy until at least 4am every night

Reviewed 6th December 2010

"We are timeshare owners and visited CPO in August this year after an absence of 4 years - mostly going on cruises.We found the heat in the apartment almost unbearable.No air conditioning and totally inadequate fans left us wondering what nightmare we had put ourselves into! Any sleep we could snatch was disturbed every night by shouting and squeals from the many clubbers as they staggered out from the clubs up on the 'strip'. The strip contains all the bars,clubs and shops selling tat to the tourists and others who seem to be in a semi-comatose trance,nursing garagntuan hangovers. The staff at the resort were friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant. We ate at the restaurant most mornings and evenings and found the service and standard of the meals very good. The staff also looked after our apartment very well and it was always kept clean and tidy.It is just a pity that the apartment and area surrounding CPO made our holiday such an endurance test!Nedless to say we will not be returning to CPO again. John and Julie Clarke "

• Travel date: 2nd December 2010

Fantastic Place. Great Staff!

Reviewed 9th September 2010

"Well what a place.I enjoyed it from start to finish.The beach is 5 minute slow stroll away.Our apartment was overlooking the pool.Saw the sun go down every night right on our balcony.Beer was a bit pricy 2-95 euros for a pint, the happy hours were buy one get one free 12-3pm at Amandas bar in the hotel,and then 2-4pm at the Oceana bar. The staff could not be friendler.I have been going abroad for 25 years.I must say the Portugese are THE friendliest people ever.Rooms were cleaned most days. Towels and bed linen every other day. In the apartment were,Microwave,Toaster, Free fan,Ironing Board and iron,Two rings,The bathroom had a hair dryer.The utensils were new and clean, so were the cutlery. The STRIP is a 5-10 minute walk up a hill.We went most night to the right of the strip for a bit of winding down.DO NOT GO TO "THE LITTLE BRITAIN PUB" I was charged for most of the holiday 3 euros for a can of Guinness, towards the end of the Holiday he bumped it up to 4 euros.You won't miss the owner, he always has a face like fizz! Left the place ASAP never went back! OH! in the supermarket at the hotel,you can get a bottle of beer for "29 Cents" Lovely beaches on your doorstep. I have been trying to book with them again for next year, but they are a lot more expensive than this year. The reason I have given it a 9/10 and not 10/10, was the face due to the crowded small pool.all the sunbeds were basically touching each other, but thats my only moan.I would go back in a flash! The airport..Hmmm Was told by the Thomas Cook rep the hotel was 40 mins away... well 2 hours later we got there.Never again,Booked a Mini bus for 30 euro for return trip,and took 30 mins, well worth it.We will book a return trip with the same company this year for sure. Great pictures, great memories! "

• Travel date: 9th September 2010

Good value

Reviewed 17th June 2010

"We booked this hotel with some trepidation as it seemed a lot cheaper than other holidays. We need not have worried, place was clean, apartment spacious and very close to beach. We booked through Thomas Cook. One word of warning, via Thomas Cook you could end up in one of two hotels (the other is across the road). Whilst you can use the facilities of both I dont think this was made very clear and the other hotel's pool is somewhat smaller, allbeit hotel looked as clean (it just wasnt the one on all the photos). Anyway we were placed in this hotel and it was fab. Our apartment had hair dryer, ironing board, in fact the only think missing was a clothes line to dry your clothes. There is a launderette but I would recommend taking one of those plastic contraptions with pegs on for drying socks which you can hang up (we hung it to our parasol and it was used a lot for wet swimsuits). There is a kids club which runs for a couple of hours in the morning and afternoon, they also take the kids out each Thursday to Zoomarine, a dolphin place..approx 30 euros per child but well worth it as kids loved it (age 11 and 9) and was lovely to have a child free day (forgot what those are!) Plenty of restaurants and pubs all within easy reach, we struggled to find fault with this holiday, a great choice for families and have recommended to my friend."

• Travel date: 12th June 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Muthu Clube Praia da Oura

Top traveller tips for Muthu Clube Praia da Oura

• by Lorraine C

"Booked with Jet2, Flight and Airport experience excellent but would NEVER recommend staying at this Hotel. I have photographs to prove the u..."

• by jenny west sussex

"Ask for a room in block F (near the sea) and pack an extra fan! Book an air-conditioning unit well in advance."

• by EAJ64

"Go to the beach, and Albufeira old town."

• by Fina

"Good for proximity to beach bad for comfortable apartment "

• by CJ

"Wonderful place will go again!"

• by Kerry1972

"Great for a family holiday"

• by JUICE

"loved this place, watch out for chicken piri piri it is HOT"

• by Jayne L

"Nightlife on the strip, old town, villa mora"

• by Jayne L

"I would definatly visit CPO again, we had a brilliant time and expect to go back again next year!"

• by Tracey M

"The balti house Indian restaraunt. "

Muthu Clube Praia da Oura is also called

• Club Praia Da Oura Apartments
  • Clube Praia da Oura
  • clube praia da oura albufeira